• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

I mean, it's not really Blizzard's fault outright. How do you truly display situational bonuses like single Skill bonuses? Elemental bonuses? Elite only bonuses? Granted, there should be a better advanced set of stats to display these but the Damage value does a "decent" job of representing most things. It has some bloat in it still (IAS% primarily) but it's "good enough" as long as people are aware of the other multipliers working behind the scenes so to speak.

Speaking of, give me a fucking training dummy in town or something. I mean, I guess Ghom is basically that but still.

They can at least add those multipliers in the detailed damage tab that pops out on the side, now you just need to track it in your head.

antipod

Second time now after the patch today the game hung on me while zoning in and out of a rift. Playing on Mac. Anyone else have had the same problems?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Keep in mind I got five legendaries between last night and this morning and there is only one legendary between these...

7Spcla2.jpg

UrEmdGP.jpg

Everything was repeats.

Edit: Took out smart loot "joke".

I wish I could have multiple rogar rings to choose from :(

garath

I mean, it's not really Blizzard's fault outright. How do you truly display situational bonuses like single Skill bonuses? Elemental bonuses? Elite only bonuses? Granted, there should be a better advanced set of stats to display these but the Damage value does a "decent" job of representing most things. It has some bloat in it still (IAS% primarily) but it's "good enough" as long as people are aware of the other multipliers working behind the scenes so to speak.

Speaking of, give me a fucking training dummy in town or something. I mean, I guess Ghom is basically that but still.

That's what's needed. Have a training dummy that you can unload on and it tracks the ACTUAL dps numbers. Then it'd be really easy to fine tune the dps.

What's the fastest you guys have cleared a T1 rift? I had a pretty sweet layout last night that was like 3:30, where my average in T1 is closer to 6 minutes. Especially interested in video as I don't play much other than DH besides my WD (which I haven't hardly touched in RoS except to hit 70) and want to see how people are doing speed runs on other classes.

Solo I can get it done in about 13 minutes. New to T1 and only been 70 since the weekend so the gear is lacking and so are my Paragon lvls. Also I am on hardcore so I play like a little bitch.

Smart loot helps ensure that the items you get have stats that pertain to your character, it has nothing to do with the types of items that drop.

No fucking wonder I've been getting nothing but useless legendary drops for my wizard, spears, 2H hammers, 2H swords, all of which were terrible and a downgrade for the last few days.

I never noticed this set ring before, what the hell does the set bonus mean, I can't make sense of it.. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/focus Is it supposed to be optimal with stuff like Rapid Fire where you start firing at max hatred and it continues giving that +50% bonus as you spend?

Your resource (Wrath, Arcane Powa etc) spender skills do 50% more damage if you have a full resource bar.

Example - Hammer of the Ancients will do 50% more damage if the barb has 100 Fury. Frozen Orb does more if the Wiz has 100 Arcane Power.

Wallach

Solo I can get it done in about 13 minutes. New to T1 and only been 70 since the weekend so the gear is lacking and so are my Paragon lvls. Also I am on hardcore so I play like a little bitch.

Easy why you playin' on hardcore breh, I ain't about that life! You playing another Barb?

Dahbomb

They can do it like PoE does or you can press Ctrl + Mouse over your skills to see their DPS where stuff like + Skill and + Element bonuses are added in.

It will still be difficult to incorporate in Legendary proc DPS though along with eDPS bonuses from resource cost reduction, area damage and CDR.

scy

They can do it like PoE does or you can press Ctrl + Mouse over your skills to see their DPS where stuff like + Skill and + Element bonuses are added in.

Yeah, this would be the ideal (and only way, really). A composite score is neat and all but it certainly does nothing in situations like this.

Easy why you playin' on hardcore breh, I ain't about that life! You playing another Barb?

Nah man. After I lost the first one I decided to give DH a try again because I had not played it since launch and my brother said he was enjoying his.
We are playing on hardcore because some of the people from work already had their characters leveled up and semi geared there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ItAintEasy-1894/hero/45416546 -That is the DH. Just going a fire build at the moment because the damage is just too good and I have some pieces for it.

That's what's needed. Have a training dummy that you can unload on and it tracks the ACTUAL dps numbers. Then it'd be really easy to fine tune the dps.

Use this. I made it as strait forward as possible. It accounts for all the situational, skill, and elemental bonuses. I haven't fixed the dual wield part yet, but I will soon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjMwhMjjRSZGdEUyWElaX0lJdWdXUTE5N1VWSmJvaFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

edit: I have this in excel and I can upload that to dropbox or something and PM the link if you prefer Excel, because Im sure someone will mess up the public version.

RS4-

RNG blesses me. Blackthorne pants from Kadala, rift has three straight levels of the Mal dungeon, fourth level is the short Kulle one, no rift guardian until the very last handful of enemies when I had to backtrack to the first area again.

Feels good.

Wallach

Nah man. After I lost the first one I decided to give DH a try again because I had not played it since launch and my brother said he was enjoying his.
We are playing on hardcore because some of the people from work already had their characters leveled up and semi geared there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ItAintEasy-1894/hero/45416546 -That is the DH. Just going a fire build at the moment because the damage is just too good and I have some pieces for it.

Nice dude. DH on hardcore is pretty, uh, hardcore. I like it.

I'm up for trying out this Act 5 split chest run later tonight if anyone else is down.

I'll probably be on around 8:30/9pm eastern time.

battletag is pyrealnova#1940

Alebelly

I feel like my crusader flatlined awhile ago. It's like I'm almost invincible, but I'm useless in killing people. I'd like to think I provide support, but the people that do 90% of the damage really don't need support. Still, I can run around T2 without much fear of dying, as long as someone else is doing the killing. Would be awesome to not have such vanilla equipment. My legendary drops have been less than stellar.

(my damage is 600k, critical damage 340%@40%, and my toughness is around 11mil)

lt519

I love this idea, it could and also should show your damage done over time (in order to include Proc's, Elemental DMG%, buffs, etc) . Also it should be able to be set to deal specific types of damage to you within an area so you can test other toughness builds.

But I guess I just blame Blizzard for even putting those percentages there. I've had to explain many times to my IRL friends that it is a horrible indicator once you get to Torment.

I feel like my crusader flatlined awhile ago. It's like I'm almost invincible, but I'm useless in killing people. I'd like to think I provide support, but the people that do 90% of the damage really don't need support. Still, I can run around T2 without much fear of dying, as long as someone else is doing the killing. Would be awesome to not have such vanilla equipment. My legendary drops have been less than stellar.

(my damage is 600k, critical damage 340%@40%, and my toughness is around 11mil)

Can you gear to trade off survivability for damage? My toughness is only 6.5 million, but I'm sitting at almost 800K damage (46% critical for 400% damage). I find I can kill stuff pretty easily up to T2.

scy

I love this idea, it could and also should show your damage done over time (in order to include Proc's, Elemental DMG%, buffs, etc) . Also it should be able to be set to deal specific types of damage to you within an area so you can test other toughness builds.

But I guess I just blame Blizzard for even putting those percentages there. I've had to explain many times to my IRL friends that it is a horrible indicator once you get to Torment.

I mean, it's not like the numbers are lying. It's just that other stuff give more but aren't represented in the sheet number.

lt519

What's the fastest you guys have cleared a T1 rift? I had a pretty sweet layout last night that was like 3:30, where my average in T1 is closer to 6 minutes. Especially interested in video as I don't play much other than DH besides my WD (which I haven't hardly touched in RoS except to hit 70) and want to see how people are doing speed runs on other classes.

I've hit under 15 minutes solo because the acheivment has popped on T1 but that was several days ago and I do significantly more damage and have some speed boosts now (slow slow barb). I suppose if I went back to T1 I could hit under 10 minutes now, maybe get close to 5. Things melt around me on T1 but I still end up running around trying to find things to kill/back tracking.

Ashodin

So, for 2H Shieldless, I'm thinking Iron Maiden is a better passive to take than Fervor because of the thorns change (even after hotfix). It consistently hits enemies that hit me for 1 mil back, and since I can't block anyway...

edit: ah crap I just noticed it's even worse than it was before, haha, back to Fervor...

lt519

I mean, it's not like the numbers are lying. It's just that other stuff give more but aren't represented in the sheet number.

It's tough to wrap "Toughness" into one number. The fact that stacking Vit can get you more toughness than All-res is just a flat out misleading thing for many people. Several times people today have asked why they can't do T1 runs and they have like 200 Res All and are probably getting demolished by elites but have a bunch of things re-rolled to Vit or way too high dps for T1 but strength gems in their slots. They tried to wrap it up in a neat little number but it doesn't tell the whole story so they should either remove it or break it down more.

Mugaaz

It does depend though. I have a full Blackthorn and rolled 10% less damage from elites..so actually get 20% due to set bonus and 10% extra damage against elites and immune to molten, plague and desicrate and don't even use all 4 piece because I don't care about the immune stats. I'd rather have the extra damage and resists from my vigor belt that rolled 299 lighting resist which is my main monk resist. Probably not smart at T5 / T6.

Reduced dmg from elites has DR, so it's not full 20. Although, additional dmg to elites had the DR removed yesterday i believe. I think people REALLY undervalue Blackthorne. They talk about the set like its for bads only. For most builds out there, there is literally no such thing as good boots/pants/belt (except witching hour). Theyre really all the same shit. So if you wear 3 piece blackthorne + royal ring youre getting some AMAZING bonuses. People shit bricks for Cain's 8% ias, which is basically strictly worse. Also, the 4 piece bonus for blackthornes is amazing for melee. You dont have to reposition for anything anymore except chains/frozen. When you kill a mob with molten, you don't need to reposition to continue doing DPS. That is a DPS increase and a toughness increase. Just because you can manually dodge things, doesn't mean it's irrelevant, it still costs time you could be DPSing. You don't die from vortex into molten explosion or getting stuck behind waller while molten blows up, etc.

Also, to prove my point about how bad Diablo players are. I've had tons of people ask me why I'm still using a rare in my chest slot..... I would say my chest is one of the best items in the game.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mugaaz-1777/hero/41013834

Krassus

Ive posted this over and over but since 2.0 Ive been tweaking my DPS at butcher. He has a hard enrage of 180 seconds, you can divide his HPS by 180 and get a rough estimate of what your eDPS is. I like to do it at least 3-5x to get an average of what the skill or gear change does.

This is the basic eDPS youll need to kill each level of butcher if you want to try -

T4 - 8m eDPS
T5 - 14m eDPS
T6 - 22.3m eDPS

If you hit his enrage then just subtract how much damage you did and divide by 180 = eDPS.

Ive posted this over and over but since 2.0 Ive been tweaking my DPS at butcher. He has a hard enrage of 180 seconds, you can divide his HPS by 180 and get a rough estimate of what your eDPS is. I like to do it at least 3-5x to get an average of what the skill or gear change does.

This is the basic eDPS youll need to kill each level of butcher if you want to try -

T4 - 8m eDPS
T5 - 14m eDPS
T6 - 22.3m eDPS

If you hit his enrage then just subtract how much damage you did and divide by 180 = eDPS.

is there a way to see how much total damage you've done to a target? that something to tick in the Options?

scy

They tried to wrap it up in a neat little number but it doesn't tell the whole story so they should either remove it or break it down more.

The issue is that people just seek out making the number as big as possible :( It really does need more breakdowns / information.

I think people REALLY undervalue Blackthorne. They talk about the set like its for bads only. For most builds out there, there is literally no such thing as good boots/pants/belt (except witching hour).

I shit on Blackthorne because it just hates me in terms of dropping relevant stats on the pieces except for the Chest and maybe Boots. Just so hard to get a pair that conforms nicely. The bonuses more than make up for it, though, and I'd love to get to a good set of 3 + Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Alebelly

Can you gear to trade off survivability for damage? My toughness is only 6.5 million, but I'm sitting at almost 800K damage (46% critical for 400% damage). I find I can kill stuff pretty easily up to T2.

I'm always looking to gear damage first, this is just kinda where I've ended up at.

Got some decent Reaper Wraps on my first craft. Just had to reroll to +fire damage. They help out so much with spirit regen.

You'll never take them off again. Especially if you're doing things in groups or otherwise with friends who can also pick up globes, as their pickups return resource to you as well.

Also,

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| of needing a Royal Granduer

Damn straight. Still farming for this damn thing.

I'll be joining you as soon as I finish this work up.

It's singularly the best item in the game. It's not really even up for debate. I just hope I don't get the shittiest roll of all-time when I get mine...but even if I do, I'm still equipping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom