• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats your build out of curiosity? I'm using a melee wizard / electrocute arc lightning build

D3 player mentality: gotta chest farm legendaries... so I can increase my DPS, not kill enemies and farm more chests instead!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UdmSOj!ZYSi!cYcZca
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ShadowStar-1741/hero/1425579

I also tried out one with arcane dynamo, super massive, and lightning meteor instead of wave of force and archon. I like this version because I can focus solely on a very powerful free attack. The black hole meteor combo worked great on trash but was overkill and didn't seem great against elites. This one works great in t2 (haven't tried t3). My paper dps standing is at 1.3m and around 6m toughness.

The Cowboy

With regards to the Plan: Hallowed Protectors, does it only drop in certain areas only (like just in act V for example)?, I'm just curious as i have every mat for the ceremonial knife and I'm just missing the plan.

Ashodin

Witches be runnin' wild.

I donate to you

wizard cosplay

TNM3JWR1HSXL1396946648482.jpg

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
So this holy build is stupid OP. With Eberli Charo, I can cast Heaven's Fury every 8 seconds. With the three beams rune, and Holy damage stacked, It just murders everything in my path.

WEBM:

http://a.pomf.se/jqpssk.webm

GIF:

https://gifrun.com/d/urbtcla[img][/QUOTE]

Looks similar to what I'm doing
This is what I'm running atm: [url]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/procarbine-1133/hero/45596791[/url]

Can anyone offer any advice on chest farming act V. I know you're supposed to do the Pand Fortress, but do you literally just start adventure mode and teleport to all the levels individually and open chests, then check each other's levels when you're done?

IceMarker

Very first bounty run of the day, did Act 1, 4, and 5 bounties on Normal. No legendaries the whole way, not even a plan or craft mat. I opened all three Horadric Caches and they introduced me to my new friends Worship and Grandeur.

x5PGp0g.jpg

EFkxuUS.jpg

TY RNGESUS

qxCkxWU.gif

rando14

Very first bounty run of the day, did Act 1, 4, and 5 bounties on Normal. No legendaries the whole way, not even a plan or craft mat. I opened all three Horadric Caches and they introduced me to my new friends Worship and Grandeur.

[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yo damn those gloves!!

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Very similar, but you're using a 2H. Wrath generation would be slow, so I see why you took Unstoppable Force anyway.

Yeah it is unfortunately. Most of the time though I can kill things just fine between CDs and the wrath bar, things just get bad when it's something hard enough to need champion and it still hasn't died afterwards.

Don't know how much of a top end the build has, it's really held back by only being able to have one Heaven's Fury out at a time which I'd imagine is a problem you're running into hitting fast with a IH. Switching to condemn solves the stacking problem but you lose cooldown reduction with rally because it's no longer a dot. Oh well, things to think on.

Nete

Can anyone offer any advice on chest farming act V. I know you're supposed to do the Pand Fortress, but do you literally just start adventure mode and teleport to all the levels individually and open chests, then check each other's levels when you're done?

NaDannMaGoGo's guide for the run. And yep, is basically what you say, just in campaign mode to get Siege Camp waypoint.

I've been testing it on a three-man party, and can be pretty effective. Just three runs (so is a crappy sample), but 5 legendaries for me, 4 for one of the others, and only one for the unlucky third :(.

Fuck you, Ice.

Today we I wrote down some of our Split Chest Run data. Note that this was our second run, we had one earlier too, but I used notepad++ to record that data /facepalm.

This should evidently be the best legendary farming method currently known (to us anyways).

nkO8pLH.png

Here are the legendaries I kept from for now because they may be useful. I didn't get anything particularly great (hence no single screenshots) but yeh the amount of drops is there.

jU4FXAA.png

in 4 some runs tonight. holla at me in clan chat.

Gila

Today we I wrote down some of our Split Chest Run data. Note that this was our second run, we had one earlier too, but I used notepad++ to record that data /facepalm.

This should evidently be the best legendary farming method currently known (to us anyways).

http://i.imgur.com/nkO8pLH.png[IMG]

Here are the legendaries I kept from for now because they may be useful. I didn't get anything particularly great (hence no single screenshots) but yeh the amount of drops is there.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jU4FXAA.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

What's a split chest run?

Tom Penny

Options !! I just landed a Fumigator and they didn't fuck me with a different main stat. Need to test to see if it outdoes my Shard of Hate that rolled strength. Doubt it's better than Shard of hate with dex but I'm at over 1 million paper DPS with offensive mantras and unity :)

Strider

Options !! I just landed a Fumigator and they didn't fuck me with a different main stat. Need to test to see if it outdoes my Shard of Hate that rolled strength. Doubt it's better than Shard of hate with dex but I'm at over 1 million paper DPS with offensive mantras and unity :)

You got all 3 of these and I cant get even one of them :(

Jesus fuck man go buy a lottery ticket!~

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's like the best ring in the game so I have no idea why you wouldn't want them.

Unless they all rolled bad. In which case, I have plenty of those too.

Because 5 legendary procs are better than 1 set piece bonus every day of the week?

And the best ring is Rogar's huge stone

That looks pretty boring.

It's a lot more entertaining than repeating bounty runs for some shitty gloves over and over or even farming t1-2 rifts

You actually have to work to survive with around 20m toughness which makes it endlessly more entertaining than zerging through the challengeless t1-t2 for the 200th time what with t3 and up rifts becoming tedious since you're just wittling down massive hp bars until everyone in your group has really good gear (which won't happen soon, been playing with the same people since launch, one has 1.9m dmg with azurewrath and a good stone of jordan, I had 1.5 with jordan, third guy still has 1.1m dps since all the key items to his build don't drop or have awful rolls)

It keeps me engaged, unlike core runs or mangle , neither of which I bothered with for more than 1-2 hours in total

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

nkO8pLH.png

jU4FXAA.png

What run is this? I'm not finding anything playing the game Blizzard wants so I may as well try this.

Dahbomb

So anyone know the type of gear/stats you need to farm Torment 6? Not including clearly OP stuff like Barb Shard of Hate. And obviously I am not talking about split chest T6 farming either.

I can farm T3 and even then it's dicey. While I can kill them in time their damage output is insane and even with 300K life and 1900 all res those elites pack a punch. I tried out T6 and if I don't have Inner Sanctuary up I basically die in 4 to 5 hits. I am thinking if I have more LPSS and LoH I can face mobs in T6 as long as I get to attack without interruption.

scy

Because 5 legendary procs are better than 1 set piece bonus every day of the week?

You can use it for multiple Sets. There's very few slots with notable effects that you're losing here barring some builds. And, even then, it's the easiest way to start getting "free" Reduced/Increased Elite Damage (Blackthorn, Aughild's) affixes and then just some other good stats (Asheara's 100 All Resist and 20% Life, for instance).

Yaari

Stepped away from my Frozen Orb build today after it got fixed. Tried Arcane Torrent, was pretty fun. Then Kadala gave me a Mirrorball, and I already had Azurewrath. So now running Magic Missile with that Frozen Rune. I'm loving it, its really fun.

I don't even have enough skills to use the AP, I'm pretty much constantly full. I have Black Hole on Primary, not sure what I can add to burn that AP. It kind of sucks to be full and not use it.

Like the new build though. That Ring of Grandeur sounds awesome. I gotta get that to kick me to a 3set bonus on Tal Rasha.

You can use it for multiple Sets. There's very few slots with notable effects that you're losing here barring some builds. And, even then, it's the easiest way to start getting "free" Reduced/Increased Elite Damage (Blackthorn, Aughild's) affixes and then just some other good stats (Asheara's 100 All Resist and 20% Life, for instance).

Idk why people always poopoo blackthorn's (unless you already have the 2set), the 2 set bonus is amazing
same for asheara, the setbonus is really nice since you can just equip shoulders and boots/legs and not lose any crit/crit damage/as or legendary passives and gain a large health and resist boost
for all my alts the very first things I craft is asheara boots and shoulders and legs
add some nice roll trifecta rare rings/necklace/gloves and the moment you find a halfway ok weapon you're already at 700k+ dmg and 4.5m toughness
Unless you've got good rolls on your 4 set pieces for your class set and you need boots/shoulders/legs to get it there you should be wearing 2 piece blackthorn or asheara (or both), preferably with the ring if you use asheara

My DH has boots gloves and shoulders of his class set (the one that gives you all the pets at once) and despite using royal grandeur I still use asheara's instead for the toughness

Tc91

Some cool hotfixes coming up!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471197317

Without further delay here is a list of the changes that will be coming in the hotfix.

The Bad!
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

The Good!
The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
*This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P

Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
*Blood Shards are meant to be a compelling element of rift rewards and something players are excited to get.

Loot is an incredibly important aspect of Diablo games and we will continue to keep a very close eye on it. If more problems arise we will continue striving to address them. It isn’t our goal to take loot away from people, we just want to make sure they are having as much fun as possible while finding it and these changes all support that goal.

Dahbomb

We didn't think Rifts rewards were meaty enough......

So we QUADRUPLED IT!!!

It will still get out performed by split chest runs though.

Edit: Didn't read that they are nerfing more chest areas. This might put Rift at the top if they nerfed those chest runs appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom