• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobart

I'll be joining you as soon as I finish this work up.

It's singularly the best item in the game. It's not really even up for debate. I just hope I don't get the shittiest roll of all-time when I get mine...but even if I do, I'm still equipping it.

The way you been pimping it I coulda SWORN you had one.

Not hard mats to farm now that Mal is dropping them correctly.........

Ashodin

NegativeWindyDugong.gif

Goddamn I love the slash animation with a 2H.

New goal: Create 2 piece Cain's set.

Atlantis

Mine rolled the wrong element and had shit rolls. I'm keeping it around and building a viable lightning set on the side.,

The problem is it rolled +Cold Damage (I'm a WD). I mean I guess I could make a Spirit Barrage/Haunt build, but it definitely seems less attractive than Fire, Poison, or Physical. I'm not even close to having the money to think of rerolling it though, so I guess I'll try for another in the meantime.

None of my friends play as much as I do. If anyone's interested in doing T1 rifts and bounties or really anything, add me.

Saying#1304

Getting a bit bored of going solo all the time, I'll throw you an invite. I'm ATL#1845. Just be warned I've played completely solo so far. :p

Does anyone know if there still room in the third GAF clan?

You'll never take them off again. Especially if you're doing things in groups or otherwise with friends who can also pick up globes, as their pickups return resource to you as well.

Also,

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| of needing a Royal Granduer

I can't imagine what would get me to other than another set of them with something better than health regen. Dex and crit chance, I was really lucky on my first roll.

ezekial45

Banned
What's best method for farming solo? The most common ones i've seen require Torment mode, and while I can do T1 solo, it takes awhile. I'm open to joining groups, but I really want to stay solo.

My Monk and DH are at around 200K damage. I've been trying to boost my gear, but I've already enchanted most of current items already. I'm just trying to find better gear now. Is there a good place to do it?

What's best method for farming solo? The most common ones i've seen require Torment mode, and while I can do T1 solo, it takes awhile. I'm open to joining groups, but I really want to stay solo.

My Monk and DH are at around 200K damage. I've been trying to boost my gear, but I've already enchanted most of current items already. I'm just trying to find better gear now. Is there a good place to do it?

TBH at your current damage, you're better off being in groups. Well honestly you're better off being in groups period because of the buff to gold find/magic find/experience. You have a higher chance of legendaries dropping when you're grouped up.

If you're struggling with T1 just drop the difficulty down to master. Legendaries still drop at said difficulty, only thing that doesn't are class set pieces. But don't worry, those don't exist anyway...only Blackthornes now.

I've been farming solo Adventure mode doing bounties. I switch to T1 for rifts. Last night I had 5 legendaries drop in five hours and 3 plans.

Discobird

For most builds out there, there is literally no such thing as good boots/pants/belt (except witching hour). Theyre really all the same shit.

Not saying Blackthorne's isn't undervalued, but you have to agree Harrington's are also pretty badass for just about any build.

Won

I keep shaking my screen but the game refuses to drop legendaries. Only got one drop today and it was another 2H. I see it really was a mistake to try another Crusader after my last one died.

I'm trying to do a wizard electrocute arc lightning build. I have the +lightning stuff and trying to reroll 1 more legendary with +electrocute. I need a Thunderfury or Shard of Hate. Is there any specific place I should form for this or is it completely random?

I'm trying to do a wizard electrocute arc lightning build. I have the +lightning stuff and trying to reroll 1 more legendary with +electrocute. I need a Thunderfury or Shard of Hate. Is there any specific place I should form for this or is it completely random?

Start praying to the RNG gods.

It wont help.

Shouta

Do the lower settings for a little while until you have your gear ready for T1 and on. The rares should help you create a cohesive skill set to challenge Torment. You'll also get a few legendaries here and there too.

The Cowboy

Aww yes! finally got a torn soul so i can craft a knife, now to get the hallowed protectors plan as i really want that knife more :D.

Today we I wrote down some of our Split Chest Run data. Note that this was our second run, we had one earlier too, but I used notepad++ to record that data /facepalm.

This should evidently be the best legendary farming method currently known (to us anyways).

nkO8pLH.png

Here are the legendaries I kept from for now because they may be useful. I didn't get anything particularly great (hence no single screenshots) but yeh the amount of drops is there.

jU4FXAA.png

Insaniac

whats your build out of curiosity? I'm using a melee wizard / electrocute arc lightning build

D3 player mentality: gotta chest farm legendaries... so I can increase my DPS, not kill enemies and farm more chests instead!

Ashodin

Can someone explain me the thread title? It's been puzzling me for a while.

reference to diablo 2. the paladin made that noise when making hammers appear on the screen. OT current title is in reference to the crusader buff that just happened.

Yet it looks like 10 times better than actually playing the game for getting legs. Totally reasonable.

I don't like to burn out on the game like that k

It's not about the end goal, it's the journey. I'm having fun finding pieces at a slower rate because I get to enjoy the game and its combat more. I'm in no rush, basically.

Dahbomb

I got a Templar Legendary item today...

Only it rolled Dex. I thought Blizzard fixed that?

And yea split chest farming is the most efficient farm method in the game. It's essentially T6 chest farming only with 4x value. So if you get 2 Legendaries per hour in a standard run, split chest farming yields you 8.

More efficient than split Cache farming too IMO.

Baliis

I don't like to burn out on the game like that k

It's not about the end goal, it's the journey. I'm having fun finding pieces at a slower rate because I get to enjoy the game and its combat more. I'm in no rush, basically.

Oh, I totally agree, I just think it's funny how lopsided it is. Those number should be doing t4+ rifts kind of things imo, not just clicking chests.

Dahbomb

Was it this one?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/enchanting-favor

If so you're lucky. I got one and my Templar just runs around with Strength stacked knocking back fools and healing me. It was one of the first RoS legendaries I got and it helped me immensely.
No I got the one where all of his skills are unlocked. And the worst part is that it only rolled with 3 Primary affixes lol.

I still equipped it on my Templar because he needs that Legendary love too.

Ashodin

I'm no stranger to trying out exploits either - I was doing the T6 thorns shit all yesterday. But just avoiding fights and getting chests?

nawwwwwson.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Today we I wrote down some of our Split Chest Run data. Note that this was our second run, we had one earlier too, but I used notepad++ to record that data /facepalm.

This should evidently be the best legendary farming method currently known (to us anyways).

That's a new one. Splitting up to find resplendent chests?

Looks like Moonlight Ward started dropping Level 70 again for 2.0.4. EVERYONE should be farming for it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/moonlight-ward

I want to upgrade my Level 60.

It previously seemed like it was dropping more often for wizards. Has anyone seen it on other classes? If it's targeted to wizards (due to the arcane boost), we should see like 80% wizards vs 20% other classes for the random exceptions. Anecdotally that seems to be the case so far, but my sample's pretty tiny. Please reply if you've got one and let me know the class you were on when it dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom