• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowering the rewards from chest runs and increasing that of rifts is the CORRECT THING TO DO.

Thank you Blizzard. This should be live now. NOW.

Atlantis

Yasss Blizz.

ibxHiqsaXSbnXW.gif

When can we expect these changes?

Edit: Wait, today? Oh sweet jesus into my veins.

I have so many rift stone keys because I havn't been bothering too much with it (actually still trying to get prides fall or gloves of worship) but I guess we'll see how big this will be with Rifts and Kadala being buffed even more.

I'm glad they made rifts better and improved kadela to reduce some of the rng for finding key items for your build , but blizzard has a raging boner for deciding for people how they want to play

bossruns/lootruns/farming spots have always been a large part of arpgs
they should find ways to make entertaining bossruns (not mangle) or challenging lootruns, not just remove everything the players come up with

we were having a good time today doing the chest runs but blizz decides we should have their vision of a good time only
it's a stark contrast to a game like torchlight where you could play mods with the mob and elite density dialed up 20 fold and community designed fun allowed special sets with special setbonusses
They really take 'walled garden' to a whole other level

Tom Penny

Pretty insane that my Fumigator I just got can't outdo a Shard of Hate that rolled strenght and had 150K less paper DPS..insane I tell ya. Must find a dex version.

scy

they should find ways to make entertaining bossruns (not mangle) or challenging lootruns, not just remove everything the players come up with

And this is potentially the plan with all the other Rift content coming down the road. They need to make the base rifts exciting enough so that people want to do the tiered rift stuff as an extra incentive and not because "well, base rifts suck so do those because they're better."

SMgamer83

I'm glad they made rifts better and improved kadela to reduce some of the rng for finding key items for your build , but blizzard has a raging boner for deciding for people how they want to play

we were having a good time today doing the chest runs but blizz decides we should have their vision of a good time only
it's a stark contrast to a game like torchlight where you could play mods with the mob and elite density dialed up 20 fold and community designed fun allowed special sets with special setbonusses
They really take 'walled garden' to a whole other level
They aren't forcing you to play that way. If you still want to do chest runs, go ahead.

But they are the creators of the game, and if they feel the MOST EFFICIENT way to play should be rifts, that's their right.

ZenaxPure

Well, I've spent 15k blood shards so far and got like maybe 8 or 9 legendary items (all of which became souls save 1). Hope the next 15k isn't as shitty with this change.

scy

Idk why people always poopoo blackthorn's (unless you already have the 2set), the 2 set bonus is amazing

I answered this earlier but, for me, it's mostly because Blackthorn's has shitty default rolls so it's almost always a case of losing out on something on some of the slots. Like, the Belt and Boots always have LPS and Armor so you lose something here usually. The Chest is usually not a problem when it drops, though. It's almost perfect since it gets you All Resist and 3 Sockets by default.

The set bonus is good, though. Just a really solid set of bonuses overall.

Dahbomb

nooo. don't decrease chests. thats all i did for my loot lol. i got better drops there then actual monsters
That's what this change is supposed to fix...

So anyone want to break down the math on these new values? Like what old Torment value is going to be equivalent to the new values. Sounds like old T4 might be equivalent to new T1 although my math is ass.

rift groups, come to me and carry my Crusader
My Exploding Palm will carry all!

nbraun80

They aren't forcing you to play that way. If you still want to do chest runs, go ahead.

But they are the creators of the game, and if they feel the MOST EFFICIENT way to play should be rifts, that's their right.

agreed, its their game and their vision to that killing monsters in rifts should be the most rewarding. Like they basically said the chests should be uncommon but still drop good stuff, you just shouldn't be able to go to one area, open 15 of them without killing anything and get 2 legendaries for that.

agreed, its their game and their vision to that killing monsters in rifts should be the most rewarding. Like they basically said the chests should be uncommon but still drop good stuff, you just shouldn't be able to go to one area, open 15 of them without killing anything and get 2 legendaries for that.

go to chest. lock you in a room until you clear. lulz.

Zeliard

After getting two or three total legendary drops from goblins - literally - since Diablo's 3 launch, I somehow managed to get a leg drop and a set drop from two consecutive goblins while grouping tonight. Couldn't believe it. The sheer luck there seems crazy to me.

The set drop was Firebird boots, which I gave away to a group member because I'm just that nice. And I already had it.

Leg drop was more interesting, this:

izYtDqDHorh1Y.png

Hopefully I can re-roll the damage value to high crit damage without a big fuss. My current amulet has excellent crit chance/crit damage values - 9.5% and 90% respectively - and it's been nice to have. But if I can get a high crit damage roll on this without wasting too many Forgotten Souls, it's gonna be sweet - trifecta + arcane invulnerability. Thank you... treasure goblin?

Just enchanted the damage roll intending to get high crit damage, and the very first attempt I get a 98% crit damage roll. Yep, that'll do.

Dahbomb

I am actually surprised that Blizzard didn't just nerf chests/unique mobs and called it a day. Good to see Blizzard buff stuff as well.

Ashodin

It's a lot more entertaining than repeating bounty runs for some shitty gloves over and over or even farming t1-2 rifts

You actually have to work to survive with around 20m toughness which makes it endlessly more entertaining than zerging through the challengeless t1-t2 for the 200th time what with t3 and up rifts becoming tedious since you're just wittling down massive hp bars until everyone in your group has really good gear (which won't happen soon, been playing with the same people since launch, one has 1.9m dmg with azurewrath and a good stone of jordan, I had 1.5 with jordan, third guy still has 1.1m dps since all the key items to his build don't drop or have awful rolls)

It keeps me engaged, unlike core runs or mangle , neither of which I bothered with for more than 1-2 hours in total

Oh yeah I could see that if you-

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

loki_devious_grin_full.gif

J-Rzez

I'm fine with them destroying chests and "manglemaws", if, and only if they buff other aspects of the game to be on par of expectations. I don't think 100% buff rate will be enough. We'll see.

eek5

That's what this change is supposed to fix...

So anyone want to break down the math on these new values? Like what old Torment value is going to be equivalent to the new values. Sounds like old T4 might be equivalent to new T1 although my math is ass.

My Exploding Palm will carry all!

I think normal is close to how T2 was. It's really hard to figure this out because there are two bonuses at play here. A legendary bonus for difficulty (t1+) and a rift bonus for difficulty (normal+). They buffed the rift bonus but I'm not sure how the two bonuses stack up or what they are even applied to. As the joke goes.. 100% of 0 is 0.. lol

The Cowboy

But i already play to much, why blizzard, WHY do this to me!!!. Bring on the hotfix :D.
Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.
What really needs to happen is there need to be less of them and for them to be very random in where they show up - as to stop farm spots, and the loot in them needs to be better to make up for the lack of them and the randomness of there location - so its nicer to find them.

Hopefully this is what they are going for, as with this change if they don't adjust the loot amount and just adjust the number of chests, i think its would be a bit of a bummer.

Zeliard

I'm fine with them destroying chests and "manglemaws", if, and only if they buff other aspects of the game to be on par of expectations. I don't think 100% buff rate will be enough. We'll see.

It should be pretty nice. I was having pretty good success with leg drops in T1 rifts after the 25% buff.

Dahbomb

A legendary bonus for difficulty (t1+) and a rift bonus for difficulty (normal+).
The legendary bonus is +15% per level and the Rift bonus just got buffed from 25% to 100%.

So the math is simply 15% to the power of N (where N is Torment difficulty) plus the 100% Rift bonus

Dahbomb

It should be pretty nice. I was having pretty good success with leg drops in T1 rifts after the 25% buff.
Yeah I know people will swear up and down that the 25% bonus didn't do anything but for me it made a difference. I got like 5-6 Legendaries today from a couple of hours of Rifting. Yeah I know this isn't split chest farming level of efficiency but I was getting Legendaries at a decent enough rate. Also got a really nice DH set weapon (Danetta) along with a trifecta (after enchanting) Tasker and Theo also for DH.

Filth

Yeah I know people will swear up and down that the 25% bonus didn't do anything but for me it made a difference. I got like 5-6 Legendaries today from a couple of hours of Rifting. Yeah I know this isn't split chest farming level of efficiency but I was getting Legendaries at a decent enough rate. Also got a really nice DH set weapon (Danetta) along with a trifecta (after enchanting) Tasker and Theo also for DH.

4-5 rifts in a row and got 1 legendary. after the legendary i have to wait 4-5 more rifts.

Dahbomb

4-5 rifts in a row and got 1 legendary. after the legendary i have to wait 4-5 more rifts.
Well I play in 4 man stack and usually T2... which does end up making a difference. If I did solo T1 then that would be my rate as well (one Legendary every 4-5 Rift as compared to 1 Legendary every 2 Rift).

Also not sure if we should include Gambled Legendaries as part of the Rift loot. You get a majority of shards from Rifts so I guess it would be fair to include that in too.

JCizzle

This new change is great. Farming for rift fragments will be pretty rough though, wish they also increased drop rate from bounty bags!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A 100% increase of 0.01 is 0.02

This new change is great. Farming for rift fragments will be pretty rough though, wish they also increased drop rate from bounty bags!

How would it be rough? Lol

If a rift takes about 10 minutes on average then i have enough fragments to play exclusively on rifts for over 2 days straight

scy

More or less matches my experiences in general since the first buff.

What's the clear speed like? Killing everything and breaking all breakables? Most our rift runs are full clears and are ~10-20 minutes in length and at least 1 Legendary per rift (to someone) isn't really that uncommon at T2.

Dahbomb

I would also add that just because you are getting more Legendaries doesn't mean you are getting good ones or upgrades.

All that will change is that instead of people complaining about not getting enough Legendaries per hour... people will complain about the 10th Rogar's Huge Stone they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom