• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discobird

When do these hotfixs usually hit and/or how does one know if they have it?

It'll be deployed sometime today, we don't know more than that.

Here's a blue post on timing: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471197317?page=10#195

No ETA to share at the moment for when these hotfixes will go live. Be sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427063132

Note: When the hotfixes do go live, they should go live for all regions at the same time.

JCizzle

A 100% increase of 0.01 is 0.02

How would it be rough? Lol

If a rift takes about 10 minutes on average then i have enough fragments to play exclusively on rifts for over 2 days straight

I don't have that many fragments :( Missed opportunity cost versus when I could be spending time in rifts!

Atilac

Forgot I had this weapon, it might be the best lv48 weapon I've ever seen.
tiL5E1T.jpg

aka_bueno

New rift legendary drop rate increase is great news...but I need gold. What's the best/fastest way to farm gold? Selling stuff from rifts? Anything faster?

Whoa sweet patch, guess I have to stock up on rift shards

Also found this new blue post

Rift Bosses do not count as Uniques, so they will be not be affected by the hotfix to Unique drops. They will, however, be affected by the hotfix that will boost your chance to find Legendary items by 100% (up from 25%) while in Rifts.

Note that the 100% bonus to Legendary drops in Nephalem Rifts is multiplicative and will actually stack with the scaling Legendary drop rate bonus in Torment 1-6 (which in turn boosts your chance to find Legendary items by 15% per slider tick, also multiplicatively) .

New rift legendary drop rate increase is great news...but I need gold. What's the best/fastest way to farm gold? Selling stuff from rifts? Anything faster?

I found powerlvling friends in t6 nets alot of gold from easy mob kills

Dahbomb

I have found doing Bounties in Normal while killing Elites in your way and picking up Rares a good way to get gold and Caches. You pick up items and then sell them to Vendor for some change.

Also try to get one of those gold Legendaries like Gladiator Gauntlets or Goldskin if you can.

Wallach

Anyone experiencing a lot of network problems tonight? I've been booted from my game three times in the last hour...

Seems to be a sticky about disconnect issues, yeah. It's not affecting me but a lot of people both US and EU, so there's probably some ISP-specific shit going on.

Totakeke

Uh, I hope they did not nerf crafting material drops from uniques after just buffing them. So now it's less rewarding for farm for legendary crafting materials too? Bah Blizzard.

Baliis

Uh, I hope they did not nerf crafting material drops from uniques after just buffing them. So now it's less rewarding for farm for legendary crafting materials too? Bah Blizzard.

From another post

Nope. Legendary crafting mats have an independent drop table and their drop rates will not be affected by the change to Uniques.

Ashodin

Actually had a Blade drop earlier for a Crusader (that wasn't me). It rolled like shit though.

Well, I think he more meant getting other stuff from them while farming the mats.

Blade of Prophecy would heavily shift my spec into CDR territory. I'm already at 20% CDR, but Captain Crimson's would get made, etc.

lt519

Note that the proc supposedly has a 1-2s internal cooldown now.

Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan are also dropping since the patch. Proof: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Argyle-1762/hero/1203283

Does this mean they nerfed the old one too to slow down the proc? It's still been pretty bad ass (talking about moonlight ward from a few pages ago)

Fuck they did nerf the old one too...still worth it.

Btw someone got it from Kadala it's still a game changer

Wallach

Yeah, I average one legendary per Rift at the moment already (T2, solo) ... this will make it 1 - 2 per Rift. Too much? We might be headed there now.

Plus another bump to Kadala which is apparently even more than how much rifts are getting buffed. She's already giving me a pretty consistent amount of legendaries lately.

I won't lose any sleep over chest farming getting blown up.

garath

I haven't got a legendary in the last 4 rifts I ran. Not even a forgotten soul. Rng going to RNG. I look forward to this buff.

Sad I just spent 120 shards though. Oh well. More grinding later.

Lain

Yes. Before each MM counted as a 'proc', therefore it would give you LoH. So while a single MM would give me 5k LoH, all three landing would give me 15k. It basically tripled your LoH assuming all three MM's landed. I assumed this would also effect Conflag, it seems it doesn't...which I'm betting they will adjust further down the road.

Oh, that would also explain why my Wizardspike felt like it was procing way less after the patch. Thanks for the info.

jersoc

I would also add that just because you are getting more Legendaries doesn't mean you are getting good ones or upgrades.

All that will change is that instead of people complaining about not getting enough Legendaries per hour... people will complain about the 10th Rogar's Huge Stone they got.
IMO still better than 2 or 3 hours between drops. I'm at a point where I need specific drops. Getting something at least will feel like I'm not wasting time doing a rift.

Discobird

Found this weird little ring....not sure how to feel about it yet.

ZhgkLvT.png

I'm still using my lvl 61 one since it has good stats, but the passive is only so-so. The white item count resets when you leave a game or die.

I did get a pair of legendary bracers once from the little guy which was pretty cool.

JCizzle

Plus another bump to Kadala which is apparently even more than how much rifts are getting buffed. She's already giving me a pretty consistent amount of legendaries lately.

Give me your RNG good sir.

Ashodin

Also, BEWARE.. THE SAMURAI

samuraiohus8.gif

lionelhutz

I've started to play D3 again after the patching and I can't find any info on the new stats. I see the primary and secondary stats for some weapons, but what is the orange marker next to some stats?

Discobird

I've started to play D3 again after the patching and I can't find any info on the new stats. I see the primary and secondary stats for some weapons, but what is the orange marker next to some stats?

Orange means it isn't taken into account in the damage / toughness / healing comparisons when you mouse over an item.

Kvik

He's like a trash compactor, that spits out something that may be useful.

Has it been fixed, though? It's always been bugged for me. I had two of these, and no matter how many Hall of Agony runs I did, my goblin never drops a yellow.

Straight into Haedrig's smelter it goes.

Discobird

If it isn't taken into account why do they list the stat? Do I not receive any benefit from it?

You receive a benefit but it's not the sort of benefit that affects your sheet DPS, toughness or healing.

For example, the bonus fire damage and fire skill cost reduction on Cindercoat does not show up on the sheet stats above but they have a very real and powerful benefit.

Basically it's for stats where the benefit can't be quantified as a simple DPS, toughness or healing change.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, are 2h weapons still shit at lvl 70? Even after I get a staff with ~500 more DPS than my 1h sword, its still worst overall with my offhand in consideration.

papm9jT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom