• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seil

Since 2.0 I probably have killed at LEAST 100 gobs, no a single legendary, and this has the been the case for practically everyone in the clan I've talked to. Dunno what's up with that.

My second legendary today was from a goblin. I think it's the only one I've had from them since my return, though.

Arkanius

You guys are tempting me so much to buy Diablo 3 + RoS right now it's not even funny.
Push me to get 50€ poorer.

I tested Diablo 3 during the beta and hated it. Tested it again after patch 2.0 (With the free trial until Skeleton King)

I had fun and enjoyed it. (Monk)
Crusader looks awesome

Reposting for visibility :(

Vodh

cOFvIk9.png

You're welcome.

Making spades is not enough to occupy one's mind.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Arkanius

Diablo 3 is a ton of fun. With RoS it's going to be ten tons. Do you dislike fun?

I fucking love fun.
Can someone explain me how Adventure Mode will work?
It's just a rearrangement of the old map to make it more receptive to procedural quests?

Vodh

The rest of the thieves guild never finds you.

None of your followers is interested in marriage. Eirena thinks it's probably not for her, Lyndon doesn't even look like the marrying kind and Kormac vowed to forgo the pleasures of the flesh.

Seil

I fucking love fun.
Can someone explain me how Adventure Mode will work?
It's just a rearrangement of the old map to make it more receptive to procedural quests?

In Adventure Mode you can go wherever you want. The whole world and all waypoints are available. There are 5 randomized bounties per act when you enter, as well, which can be killing a boss or unique or going through a dungeon and so on. Bounties reward you with blood shards(used for gambling), gold, experience and rift keystones.

Rift keystones are used to access Nephalem Rifts which are randomized dungeons that sound pretty awesome.

Really looking forward to adventure mode. May go through Act V on my wizard or monk and use adventure mode for a crusader.

desverger

None of your followers is interested in marriage. Eirena thinks it's probably not for her, Lyndon doesn't even look like the marrying kind and Kormac vowed to forgo the pleasures of the flesh.

Wasn't Lyndon married to that girl in the quest where you recruit him? Or was he just after the artifact? What a bastard :p

bcl0328

damn everyone and their spoilers. i haven't watched a single RoS trailer, haven't read a single article, haven't looked at any pics yet. i want it ALL to be new and exciting.

no clue what adventure mode is, what rifts and bounties are, nothing.

first time i've ever done this. i usually always read everything about expansions.

Talon

It is one of the glaring issues that need to be dealt with. Increasing Torment levels should greatly increase the drop rate and from everything I have seen this simply is not the case. There seems to be no difference at all between T1-T4 in terms of drop rate, I still see one drop every 45-60 minutes on average. Additionally, I truly despise the way it feels to have the overwhelming majority of my legendaries appear from corpses on the ground, breakable objects and white chests. I want to feel like there is a reason to chase down that damned goblin who is dragging me into an elite pack. I want to feel like there is a reason to kill elite and champion packs.
I was actually speaking more to the diction that gave me aneurysm but that too.

Robin64

The Firebird's Finery level 70 set for Wizards is a mixed bag.

(2) Set:
+500 Intelligence
(4) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.
(6) Set:
Enemies killed by Fire damage explode and set nearby enemies on Fire, dealing 300% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

I actually use fire at the minute, luckily, thanks to Mirror Ball tripling my Magic Missile + Conflagerate primary attack (which just RIPS through packs like they are butter), plus Hydra with the Blazing rune. Should be fun.

The 4 piece bonus is kinda useless now, though, given you can revive at your corpse anyway.

Tom Penny

I'm was all hyped with my monk. I got a Thunder Fury and it rolled INT instead of Dex on me. Thanks for the troll smart drop Blizzard. Still use it though :)

Vodh

Wasn't Lyndon married to that girl in the quest where you recruit him? Or was he just after the artifact? What a bastard :p

Of all things in the game, how could you forget they were just BETROTHED?
And Lyndon didn't care about that either.

Yep, he's a proper scoundrel.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
that gif has hammers AND swords spinning around god damn

Also I read the crusader short story on d3 site it's pretty neat.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I actually use fire at the minute, luckily, thanks to Mirror Ball tripling my Magic Missile + Conflagerate primary attack (which just RIPS through packs like they are butter), plus Hydra with the Blazing rune. Should be fun.

The 4 piece bonus is kinda useless now, though, given you can revive at your corpse anyway.

Man I love Mirrorball, do the same thing with conflagrate. I'm going to be sad when it gets replaced by some lvl 70 thing.

Ghost23

So I just started playing again with my 60 wizard. Is it useless for me to play for better armor with the expansion coming out? Is your paragon level for all characters at 60? I might start leveling a monk with a new friend who is just starting.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I just started playing again with my 60 wizard. Is it useless for me to play for better armor with the expansion coming out? Is your paragon level for all characters at 60? I might start leveling a monk with a new friend who is just starting.

No

Yes

Kacho

Farming for better gear is useless in the sense that it'll quickly replaced once RoS drops. Grinding exp for Paragon levels is probably the best way to spend your time right now as the levels are shared across all of your characters, even those that aren't level 60.

I'd suggest holding off on leveling your Monk, or any character, until you unlock Adventure mode.

Granadier

Why would it not be useless if once I hit 61 I'll be finding better armor and weapons already?

It seems like your asking simply to be argumentative.

But it's not useless because your getting gear and enjoying the game. Play it to have fun, not to try and max your character in 5 days.

Seil

Why would it not be useless if once I hit 61 I'll be finding better armor and weapons already?

Odds are good level 60 gear will stay relevant for longer than a couple levels. I've no idea how well they'll hold up, though.

Finding legendaries now also means you'll have their skins unlocked for the Mystic, so there's that, too.

That said, going after Paragon levels is likely the most valuable thing you can do right now.

Will the Hellfire Rings be shit after the expansion hits?

There's a new machine and a new ring at level 70. But, it'll still be useful for training up a new Crusader or something til you get a new one. I don't have one, though =(

wtf, i try logging on battle.net from work to preorder the expansion, but then my account gets locked for suspicious activity.

blizzard really is the most anal of these services out there. Had to email them my driver license to remove the stupid authenticator app that just randomly stopped working.

Ghost23

It seems like your asking simply to be argumentative.

But it's not useless because your getting gear and enjoying the game. Play it to have fun, not to try and max your character in 5 days.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm genuinely curious. I've enjoyed the game for 80+ hours a couple of years ago, so I'm obviously not here to max out in 5 days (I don't have that kind of time anyway). I just wanted to know if leveling a monk or gaining paragon levels with my wizard would be better worth my time.

Granadier

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm genuinely curious. I've enjoyed the game for 80+ hours a couple of years ago, so I'm obviously not here to max out in 5 days (I don't have that kind of time anyway). I just wanted to know if leveling a monk or gaining paragon levels with my wizard would be better worth my time.

If your monk is <60 and you want to max him out before the expansion hits then go for it, (it'll only take you 4-5 hours tops depending on where you're starting), but if not then you'd be best off farming experience for paragon levels.

garath

Will the Hellfire Rings be shit after the expansion hits?

Not immediately. You need to level to 70 first. Plus that 35% xp will be great for leveling any alts.

Do you expect to find a piece of godly gear for every slot in the time it takes you to gain one level?

Gear you find now will make the 60-70 trek easier and/or play it on a higher torment level. I don't think it's useless at all.

The youtube video of the guy who showed a good legendary farming route, he specifically mentioned he had gear that he didn't replace for months in the beta.

I've never crafted a hellfire ring and to craft one for my Crusader, can someone with Infernal Machines help me do some runs tonight? I am only missing one component (Writhing Spine) and I spent last night farming keys with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom