• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that the hotfixes are nice but people will go back to complaining about not finding useful upgrades and that most legs are useless pretty soon.

I wish this wasn't so on the nose. Logged in about an hour and a half after the hotfix was live, and five seconds later someone was linking the multiple legendaries they just got from Kadala (all pretty nice, including one I've been hunting for a while) in chat, and bitching how they really wanted a different one.

Was expected, but I hoped there would be at least one night of nothing but celebration.

Might be luck but got these after 4 t1 rifts, over 600 shards after hotfix.

MjTobz1.jpg

RS4-

I think it was 4-5 rifts, got 4 legs, too bad it was blackthornes belt and pants. Other was Andrews Gage and some other crap.

Moff

not sure how I feel about the hotfix.
on one side I'm excited, because I lately did only rifts anyway.
on the other side, I feel bounty runs are even less worth the time now, there is no reason to do them anymore, which harms the diversity the game offers.

Totakeke

on the other side, I feel bounty runs are even less worth the time now, there is no reason to do them anymore, which harms the diversity the game offers.

...but how do you do rifts without doing bounties?

Moff

...but how do you do rifts without doing bounties?

to unlock them? I have hundreds of those items, I think you get them very easily. and theres always other players.
sure somone needs to do some of them, but I dont feel the bounties are rewarding enough at the moment.

Totakeke

to unlock them? I have hundreds of those items, I think you get them very easily. and theres always other players.
sure somone needs to do some of them, but I dont feel the bounties are rewarding enough at the moment.

Did you ever think why do you have hundreds of those items?

Wolfie5

Damn, I did not have much time to play yesterday, but had to see how much dmg my pets would do now and played maybe 10 minutes with my WD. I tried T2 for the first time(should have tried it before as I have good enough build, but felt T1 was just fine and I got a leg every now and than), and man my pets were doing some serious dmg.

I got fetishes from my passive and they were critting 2-3m per hit. I tried Garg with fire rune and he was critting 18m per hit, his normal hits were like 3m I think.

Wow, I think I will try higher Torment and see how it will work there.

Also, after 5 minutes of play a leg dropped and it was a Gidbinn dagger, which could be an upgrade for me once I roll a socket. Plus it summons fetish. Looks like I am going to have a crazy fetish build :)
All I need is that item that makes fetish last until they die. Forgot what item it was. Anyone know?

Nokterian

I do bounties to get rift keystones. And those caches still can get a usefull item a legendary still can drop from it. But the heart of this game is rifts endless gameplay.

Insaniac

So I got a Blade of Prophecy for my crusader... is it good to use? I know condemn is awesome, it seems like the ability is crazy powerful...

Moff

Did you ever think why do you have hundreds of those items?

look, theres no need to act like a jackass.
I said the bounties are not worth it anymore, because of this hotfix, rift drops have been buffed twice in the last few days. this implies the bounties were worth it once, does that make sense to you? its why I still have many of those items

I do bounties to get rift keystones. And those caches still can get a usefull item a legendary still can drop from it. But the heart of this game is rifts endless gameplay.

I think the game would be more diverse and fun if bounties would be equally worth the time as rifts. if we reach a Level of unbalance where we do bounties only to get rift keystones, we just have an annoying blocker and nothing thats really a rewarding use of our time.

Totakeke

look, theres no need to act like a jackass.
I said the bounties are not worth it anymore, because of this hotfix, rift drops have been buffed twice in the last few days. this implies the bounties were worth it once, does that make sense to you? its why I still have many of those items

Rifts are worth it -> Need to do bounties to unlock rifts -> People do bounties to do rifts -> People don't hoard rift keystones because there's no need to do so.

With the system they designed, I believe it's quite clear they never wanted people to do exclusively just one of the two.

Sciz

GAFMAX requestees:

I've been busy (playing Advance Wars) the last few days, but the following people have or had friend requests that were never accepted:

BenNice#1430 (Tom Penny)
Brillador#1569 (Beerculies)
JoshuaVomit#1145 (Fletcher)
Kirye#1725 (Kirye)
LordKamster#1145 (Kammie)
Soulstoner#1114 (soulstoner)
Tick1452#1574 (Zertez)
zulfate#1607 (zulfate)

I don't have any other way to asynchronously send clan invites, so if it's still pending, please accept, and if you rejected it, send a friend request of your own to Sciz#1213.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I think the game would be more diverse and fun if bounties would be equally worth the time as rifts. if we reach a Level of unbalance where we do bounties only to get rift keystones, we just have an annoying blocker and nothing thats really a rewarding use of our time.

This is just off. At least two gaffers here in this thread have said easy runs that give up about 65mil exp with no pool bonus on, with is about 81mil. Even at t6 which is where is the runs are done for that amount good luck doing a rift in the same time 5-7mins and even if you did the gold reward is not near as much.

You also get a shard for rifts as well.

IceMarker

Since the thread is moving so fast, I'm expecting OT2 any day now. I went ahead and finished up work on OT2 tonight. Here's a real preview.

TpNEBhh.png

I'll post it along with a link at the end of this thread when we're all ready to jump after we hit 20k posts.

Dahbomb

Played for almost 2-3 hours.

Averaged about 1 Legendary per Rift (only one Rift I didn't get a Legendary in and that was the last one, it was a short one). This was done on T2 full group. We also cleared the areas nearly all the way which is a huge factor because a lot of the times we got Legendaries after we killed the boss. Please people... MILK those Rifts for all they are worth!

I got an interesting Legendary, a Monk Helm which has a proc that makes your Spirit moves free of cost for 2 seconds. I tried it out in combat and the proc was too rare to make it worthwhile (and when it does go off you barely have time to take advantage of it). If it procced more or if the duration was longer this could've been good. I saved it anyway.

Also got a Shenlong weapon, decent stats, a bit below 2200 DPS which is the only thing bad about it. The rest of the Legendaries were plans, Ouroborus type amulets/rings etc.

I tried the gambler out with around 700-800 shards. Didn't get anything... :( That was my only disappointment, I wished I had gotten something from it. Some people got like 3 Legendaries within a short span of time from the gambler.

Moff

This is just off. At least two gaffers here in this thread have said easy runs that give up about 65mil exp with no pool bonus on, with is about 81mil. Even at t6 which is where is the runs are done for that amount good luck doing a rift in the same time 5-7mins and even if you did the gold reward is not near as much.

You also get a shard for rifts as well.

you are doing torment 6 bounties in 7 minutes and call them "easy runs". I'm obviously nowhere near that level. and even if I was:I understand you can make a lot of gold like that, but most People only care about legs as rewards. I just dont see any reason to do bounties at the moment, except for the riftstones, but thats more like an annoying blockler than a rewarding and fun use of my time.

apart from that, I'm quite happy with the patch yesterday.
the crusader is much more fun now.
and thank god malthael is finally is able to drop his crafting mats, killed him twice, got them twice. they are good on my wizard, but for my crusader they are basically a game changer, in rifts at least I can spam fist of heaven almost all the time now and feel actually useful.

desverger

Can anyone recommend a good fire build for a crusader? Due to some luck of the draw, I've come up with almost +60% fire damage on my crusader, but I'm struggling to find a decent enough build that would benefit from it.

The only "exciting" fire skills I seem to enjoy are Falling Sword - Superheated and Punish - Roar.

IceMarker

Can anyone recommend a good fire build for a crusader? Due to some luck of the draw, I've come up with almost +60% fire damage on my crusader, but I'm struggling to find a decent enough build that would benefit from it.

The only "exciting" fire skills I seem to enjoy are Falling Sword - Superheated and Punish - Roar.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aegVfQ!ZYUg!aaYaYa

Change as you see fit. That's what I would do.

One Forgotten Soul in four rifts, hotfix is a lie

I think the Forgotten Soul drop rate is separate (around 25%), so your finding of 1 in 4 is accurate.

ElyrionX

The Blizzard forums are seriously toxic. Jesus christ. After every nerf/buff, just a whole lot of incessant whining and bitching about everything.

Eh, so more chest runs huh.

Didn't expect a hotfix quite that quickly but it was obviously bound to be coming at some point. I mean my chest run probably didn't garner much attention outside of NeoGAF and even here just in the last day pretty much. But I've heard about a lot of people doing other kinds of chest runs, which is no wonder considering how darn high the density of them was. Areas like Westmarch Heights were filled to the brim with chests and unique mobs if you did the smaller event dungeons.

Ultimately I'm glad about rifts getting buffed so. Especially if they keep getting improved they are the more fun way to play, albeit those can grow boring real quickly too, which is why my chest runs weren't even much inferior gameplay wise.

The only problem I have is that despite the successful chest runs my Wiz still ain't got shit. But my DH is quite solid now and my WD also packs a punch now. So I can just rift and then keep spending bloodshards for my Wiz. Because, after those buffs I'm finally gonna have success with her... right? :|

gaf!
my crusader can go with this two config
454k dps//18m toughness (actual toughness with 1400ish res across the board, not just life-inflated toughness)
or
640k dps//11m toughness

as for the first config, i'm using it with pure tank spec, simply soaking dmg while spamming hammer...
second config, i'm going with the same spec, but i think i *can* actually go pure dps with it (granted, i should go fot 700k dps by tonight, as i need to roll a socket into my new zweihander..)
is it worth to go dps crusader into t2 or should i just keep the first config and go into t2? atm, i can just with the pure tank config though anything t2 throws at me in a single person game... i can basically just /dance on arcane while spamming hammer for major lulz, or just get surrounded by enemies and slowly hammer them down...
but i'd like to get a faster "farm" in t2..
gaf crew advice!

And I'm done with this game. After so many play sessions with no upgrades and a trickle of useless 2H legendaries for my wizard, I just need to stop playing. I had fun with Act V, got a bunch of toons to 70 but the end-game is simply unrewarding, unsatisfying and unfun to play. After getting nothing from multiple rift runs and spending a few hundred shards on Kadala I got a shitty 2H mace for my wizard, just, fuck it.

Ashodin

And I'm done with this game. After so many play sessions with no upgrades and a trickle of useless 2H legendaries for my wizard, I just need to stop playing. I had fun with Act V, got a bunch of toons to 70 but the end-game is simply unrewarding, unsatisfying and unfun to play. After getting nothing from multiple rift runs and spending a few hundred shards on Kadala I got a shitty 2H mace for my wizard, just, fuck it.
Do you solo? And are you trying to just play one build? Multiple builds make farming for gear fun!

It takes time. I'm finally starting to get comfortable gear-wise on my barb. I have completed approx. 500 bounties and 100 rifts, all at T1 or above. I still haven't found a single level 70 legendary amulet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom