• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

FeD.nL

Leg drops in rifts are better, although I haven't been flooded with them.

So far the only drop rate fix that's made a huge difference to me is the increase in legendary crafting mat drops, those things are handed out like candy now.

Tried to farm Maghda to get me some Cain pieces, 30 kills no mats, nothing.

IceMarker

Oh, have you put it on order or something because I thought you'd have to ask the person who made the original OT if it's fine to make the second OT once it is getting closed :).

Hey mang, if you still wanna make OT2 I can save this for OT3/4/5/etc. It's awwwwww right!

SoundLad

Just did some rifts. Either got 2 legs or 0 legs per run so pretty much averagin 1 leg per run. And gambled a shitty source too.

Oh and Ray of Frost sucks ass, even with the legendary source that makes it pierce. Wasted a bunch of souls rerolling stuff to try it out but it felt like it did less damage than my primary which doesn't get any of my +cold bonuses.

Ray of Frost doubled with Light of Grace source is going pretty good for me anyways. Using the now-functional Arcane Dynamo passive makes a huge difference to the damage as well since it works with your entire channel duration. Getting 9-10 million damage ticks regularly.

Spec I'm using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aZSlkO!XTWc!ZcZZZZ

Arkanius

Just had a fucking awesome run with JOHNNY on EU GAF
Torment 1, 4 rifts I think.

NwvtiI7.jpg

Should I keep trying to roll for a socket here? Already wasted 5 souls and lots of money. Not sure if it's worth it.

What should I roll here to perfect the shield? (Crit chance?)

Are any of the above possible to re-roll for maximum effect for my Crusader or should I just salvage them?

Tried to farm Maghda to get me some Cain pieces, 30 kills no mats, nothing.

What difficulty were you on? I farmed her for my Barb and didn't go two kills without getting a mat drop on T2, I farmed her until I had 5 tormented souls. The leg mat drop rate is the same as the DB drop rate now (37% on T2, for example), so you'd have to be profoundly unlucky to go 30 kills without getting anything.

Crusader gear ?'s

1. I'd keep the 98 AR myself, helm sockets are overrated IMO.

2. I'd roll the Blessed Hammer Dmg to Crit.

3. I'd just keep the Maximus. The Life Regen on those shoulders could be rerolled into a lot of things that would make it better.

It took leveling my monk and crafting gear for it to realize that not all the plans I got while playing my wizard are complete crap and maybe I should abuse my Ring of the Royal Grandeur more. The result: the first real progress I've made with my character in over a week. I also got a Thunderfury while farming for mats.

Tacitus_

Ray of Frost doubled with Light of Grace source is going pretty good for me anyways. Using the now-functional Arcane Dynamo passive makes a huge difference to the damage as well since it works with your entire channel duration. Getting 9-10 million damage ticks regularly.

Spec I'm using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aZSlkO!XTWc!ZcZZZZ

Mmh, that might make a difference. But I'm dishing out 10M orbs anyway and they just melt everything.

DSmalls84

Just had a fucking awesome run with JOHNNY on EU GAF
Torment 1, 4 rifts I think.

Should I keep trying to roll for a socket here? Already wasted 5 souls and lots of money. Not sure if it's worth it.

What should I roll here to perfect the shield? (Crit chance?)

Are any of the above possible to re-roll for maximum effect for my Crusader or should I just salvage them?

A word of warning on trying to enchant Crusader shields. Unless you are really lucky it will only end in wasted gold and mats. There are so many possible rolls Crusader shields have that it can be very difficult to roll CC on them. I wasted probably 15 souls and several million gold myself trying. I eventually switched to a Defender of Westmarch shield and it only had like 10 possible properties it could roll. In addition it also had much better stats all around. So you may be better off waiting until you find a regular legendary shield over the Crusader variant. As for the helm I would probably keep the All Res unless you want to put a ruby for exp gain or a diamond for cooldown reduction in it.

Lain

If I use a cold skill and the weapon equipped does fire damage, Elemental Executioner will go directly at 10%, right?

Arkanius

A word of warning on trying to enchant Crusader shields. Unless you are really lucky it will only end in wasted gold and mats. There are so many possible rolls Crusader shields have that it can be very difficult to roll CC on them. I wasted probably 15 souls and several million gold myself trying. I eventually switched to a Defender of Westmarch shield and it only had like 10 possible properties it could roll. In addition it also had much better stats all around. So you may be better off waiting until you find a regular legendary shield over the Crusader variant.

The thing is, I wanted that special property of the Crusader shield. I use Shield glare and sometimes I wish I could blind in AoE around me instead of one direction. Maybe I'm better off trying to find another shield :/

Ohnonono

The thing is, I wanted that special property of the Crusader shield. I use Shield glare and sometimes I wish I could blind in AoE around me instead of one direction. Maybe I'm better off trying to find another shield :/

Shields are my biggest issue right now with my sader. Hard to find a good all around one. Feel like I need a couple.

DSmalls84

I wanted my shield to roll CC so badly because without it I lost 100k damage. I'm just giving you fair warning you are probably setting yourself up for heartbreak. I ending up scrapping my shield to stop myself from enchanting it more because I was so digusted lol. However on a regular leg shield I was able to roll CC in like 1-2 enchants. Non-Crusader shields do not have all of those Crusader specific properties like Max Wrath/ Regen and all the various skill damages. It is statistically more likely you will roll a desired stat on one of those. I could be totally wrong and you could get it the first try, but the odds are not in your favor.

bcl0328

It took leveling my monk and crafting gear for it to realize that not all the plans I got while playing my wizard are complete crap and maybe I should abuse my Ring of the Royal Grandeur more. The result: the first real progress I've made with my character in over a week. I also got a Thunderfury while farming for mats.

can you post your character? i want to see your gear and build.

Ohnonono

Protip, get gladiator gauntlets, sit in town, collect gold as other people get massacre bonuses while you ear dinner/watch TV or whatever, lol.

tried 1 t2 rift solo this morning before the servers went down, got 3 legs and got 1 leg out of kadala using 250 shards. Not too shabby lol, got a wizard spike though I guess it isn't that useful anymore

KarmaCow

I somehow missed the Arcane Dynamo fix and now I'm wondering which passive to swap out. I'm keeping Galvanizing Ward because the shield is very useful with my poor healing but between Unwavering Will, Glass Cannon and Audacity, Audacity seems like the best one to swap out. Unwavering Will easily works well with channelling spells and while I don't remember the actual effect of the Glass Cannon's -10% armour/resistance, I don't think it's as limiting as the 15 yard limit on a torrent Wizard, especially coupled with Unwavering Will. I can't test it out now since the servers are down but am I missing something or does that seem fair?

Protip, get gladiator gauntlets, sit in town, collect gold as other people get massacre bonuses while you ear dinner/watch TV or whatever, lol.

Ugh, I really hate the people who just sit in town and mooch exp/caches.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey mang, if you still wanna make OT2 I can save this for OT3/4/5/etc. It's awwwwww right!
Aight brother :3! I'll take care of it this time! Thanks man.

x-Lundz-x

Patch is legit. I just got 2 Green items and i have never got one before.

I only got one but it's the first I have seen in tons of hours of playing in the past few weeks. If BOA is being forced on me, the drop rate need to compensate and they are FINALLY getting it to that point.

Next Buff needs to be drop rate from caches from doing bounties.

nbraun80

Spent some blood shards to test the new hotfix, just bought pants until my inventory filled. Not sure how I should feel about this...On one hand it was pretty good getting that many and on the other I thnk Kadala is just trolling me with all those Blackthorn's.:(

Kyoufu

Spent some blood shards to test the new hotfix, just bought pants until my inventory filled. Not sure how I should feel about this...On one hand it was pretty good getting that many and on the other I thnk Kadala is just trolling me with all those Blackthorn's.:(

Can she give you Tal's/IK etc too? I should probably find a list of what she can give.

Yeah, bummer, I usually get up a bit early to play in the AM before work and the gf is sleepin, should have stayed in bed!

If your taking my word that they are down it seems its only ANZ servers as they are just now applying the hotfix here.

Didn't realize the hotfix wasn't applied here yet as the original blue post said "should" all go live at the same time. I wish I checked because I just dumped a tonne of shards thinking the hot fix was live.

If your taking my word that they are down it seems its only ANZ servers as they are just now applying the hotfix here.

Didn't realize the hotfix wasn't applied here yet as the original blue post said "should" all go live at the same time. I wish I checked because I just dumped a tonne of shards thinking the hot fix was live.

The US servers are down as well.

A Blue post on the US boards confirmed the pet change is on purpose - they are meant to scale with CHD now so it won't be hot fixed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12473177427#10

As also stated in the Blue post, its actually also listed in the patch notes now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431/patch-204-now-live-4-8-2014

This is amazing news! I am working on my 5 sentry build for my DH and before this change it was all about maximizing damage instead of CHD, now I can go back to a CHD/CC build and have the sentries wreck house. My current gear suits tanking a bit more so I just tested out chains of torment sentries this morning and they seemed to be pretty awesome. I need to test further.

lexi

Banned
Um... I had just assumed the hotfix was live for Australian servers? I check the blue post and it's got in there 'Oh btw we'll be taking down Aus servers to apply this hotfix'

That's not really a hotfix then, that's a patch.

Nete

So in my search for Fate of the Fell Kadala has gifted me with ANOTHER Blade of Prophecy. And is an upgrade. Bit less dps due no attack speed but a bit higher base damage and this one comes with Cooldown Reduction, though is a low roll.

48d1de805c31a11a4bfcb7808903f127.png

Right now I'm sitting at 47.24% cooldown reduction, and I still get none from the amulet. Once I finde a decent one without crit chance I will finally be able to swap to my non-crit crusader build.

Also, I've been testing for some runs a non-generator build with two spenders, one free (blessed shield with the 1h flail) and shotgun... and it works pretty nicely! God bless Reaper's Wraps.

lexi

Banned
Can I just rage for a little bit, but not really?

Edit: These hotfixes are now live in the Americas and Europe. They will be deployed to ANZ at approximately 5:00 a.m. PT and to Asia at approximately 1:00 p.m. PT on April 10.

The bolded was added HOURS after a message claiming the hotfix was live for all regions.

DSmalls84

The Kadala buff seems excellent. I have been avoiding playing my other characters becuse I didn't want to have to gear up again. I can probably make them servicable just by farming Shards tough, so that's a big win.

x-Lundz-x

uPDXidN.png

This did drop for me last night (before the hotfix). Totally changed my crusader instantly. Takes a little bit of the sting away from losing my awesome WD over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom