• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Yay for RNG. Did 3 rifts in quick succession. My buddy got 6 legendaries, 3 forgotten souls and a set belt.

I got.... A crappy legendary bracer :)

Nothing from the blood shards either. Oh well. Next time.

Otnopolit

Is weapon elemental damage affected by Elemental Damage % gear? I'm confused, I didn't think it mattered what element was on your weapon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh

Hey guys

QWs1C3H.png

hi

Dahbomb

So what's the class ranking looking like now?

Seems closer to each other now. I actually don't feel that Wizards are the best in terms of raw DPS but they have the most versatile damage options. DHs have insane raw DPS but lack survivability and versatile builds although pet DH is much better. WD got huge boost of course. Monks still solid. Barbs range from meh too OMG depending on their equipped Legendary (ie. Shard of Hate). Crusaders are probably the worst still but not that far behind with their new buffs.

Still is a fairly item dependent game in terms of balance. The difference between two Monks with and without Moonlight Ward is insane (considering equal DPS) for example.

Still is a fairly item dependent game in terms of balance. The difference between two Monks with and without Moonlight Ward is insane (considering equal DPS) for example.

I think it's more interesting to see how the game shakes out over time. Kodala and buffed drops should even out the issues with "my character sucks because I don't have X or Y or Z" item that is going on now.

I think Wiz = WD = DH > Barbs and Monks with key items > Crusaders with key items = Barbs and Monks without them > Crusaders without key items.

The Cowboy

So just curious, considering mojo's aren't considered weapons, what's best to change on mine?. i took out a +certain attack (as i don't use the attack) and ended up with +Vit, is that worth keeping or would going for a socket to add even more +Int be better (i have over 600k HP already) or would aiming for a +certain attack i use be better?.

What it has now.

So...

Within the space of 5 minutes, picked up a Cindercoat. Pretty much perfect, just need to roll into 3 sockets.

Went to my good lady Kadala, decided to gamble so that I could salvage some rares for crafting mats.

Thought to myself "man, I could do with a new helmet". Got a Broken Crown with attack speed and crit. Nice.

Still had shards left, thought to myself "man, I could do with some better gloves". My good lady Kadala gives me an almost perfect Magefists, just need to roll crit damage. Rolled almost perfect crit damage on my second try.

I'm sorry friends. Broken Crown, Cindercoat and Magefists in 5 mins. Demon Hunter went from pretty shit to pretty insane. Also got a really good Etreyu Scy picked up earlier.

I love you game.

Nete

oh shit, she shows up, does 6 - 8% of their health and disappears? seems OP

They nerfed the hell out of its proc rate tho. During the beta was the most broken weapon in the game by far, even after a first nerf (it was doing 6-8% of their TOTAL health, not remaining. Used to farm T6 killing *anything* in a couple seconds).

Still, for a follower should be still a great and fun weapon.

lt519

Man 5 T2 rifts and over 250 blood shards and I get one legendary and one forgotten soul. Unluckiest night since the RoS expansion came out AND tonight was supposed to be the night with the buffs...boo.

It has been 1 week since i had an upgrade for my Wiz, i think its time i play a different class for awhile.

Anyone else hit the gear wall yet?

My profile

Anyone got any suggestions what i should use my shards for?

Totakeke

Finally made a crusader build I'm relatively happy with. It's a lightning build based around FotH fissure. I'm using a Schaefer's Hammer (with no socket because i already used it to roll main stat) and a 20% lightning damage reaper's wraps. I have about 400k sheet dps and 5mil toughness. Gear requirements are light aside from having the bracers. Doing T1, I can kill some elites in less than 10 seconds but still do bosses quite slow (because judgment - resolved doesn't work on them), but it's a good change of pace from my DH which dies oh so easily.

j1c4qoE.png

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkdRjV!agZY!abYYbY

FotH fissure is the main damage skill while all other skills support it. Judgment - Resolved doesn't only let you get away with having far less crit chance on gear (it adds +80% total critical crit chance to attacks, means everything pretty much crits), but also lets you do ranged dps. You can use it on an elite pack before they notice you, then stay where you are while spamming as much fissure you can on top of them. At the same time, use Provoke - Charged Up for even more damage. Slash - Electrify is more mainly to hold fast moving/ranged mobs under fissure, kill leftover trash, and to generate wrath occasionally. Take note that using judgment takes up one of your attack cycle so you have to decide when you want to use judgment. Provoke doesn't and can be activated whenever. Also when you start to spam fissure, try avoiding attacking with slash because it'll also take up another attack cycle.

For tougher fights, Laws of Hope - Hopeful Cry keeps you in a steady rotation without having much downtime just using your wrath generator. Against large groups of mobs, it'll pop up a ton of health globes around the battlefiend where you can trigger your reaper's wraps to get back to full wrath immediately. Once Judgment and Provoke is up again, you do another cycle of judgment - fissure x4 + provoke to kill mobs. Relatively little downtime because half of the cd is spent dealing damage and another quarter is spend collecting health globes (don't take more than you need). Steed also works with this cycle because if you're surrounded by a ton of mobs, steed lets you get out easily and collect those health globes.

Passive selection isn't crucial except for Righteousness. Having 30 extra max wrath lets you cast one more fissure, doing more damage in one cycle, while storing all those extra wrath you get from reaper's wraps.

Again, the build only really suck against bosses (including rift guardians) because judgment - resolved doesn't work on them. Also Hopeful Cry triggers a lot less when you're one on one. Might be a good idea to figure out another build to switch in just against bosses.

Strider

Still no Thunderfury, Shard of hate, or Fulminator... but I did manage to get a Odyn Son tonight which would have been my fourth weapon of choice.

A very distant 4th but it'll do for now.

GorillaJu

Finally made a crusader build I'm relatively happy with. It's a lightning build based around FotH fissure. I'm using a Schaefer's Hammer (with no socket because i already used it to roll main stat) and a 20% lightning damage reaper's wraps. I have about 400k sheet dps and 5mil toughness. Gear requirements are light aside from having the bracers. Doing T1, I can kill some elites in less than 10 seconds but still do bosses quite slow (because judgment - resolved doesn't work on them), but it's a good change of pace from my DH which dies oh so easily.

j1c4qoE.png

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkdRjV!agZY!abYYbY

FotH fissure is the main damage skill while all other skills support it. Judgment - Resolved doesn't only let you get away with having far less crit chance on gear (it adds +80% total critical crit chance to attacks, means everything pretty much crits), but also lets you do ranged dps. You can use it on an elite pack before they notice you, then stay where you are while spamming as much fissure you can on top of them. At the same time, use Provoke - Charged Up for even more damage. Slash - Electrify is more mainly to hold fast moving/ranged mobs under fissure, kill leftover trash, and to generate wrath occasionally.

For tougher fights, Laws of Hope - Hopeful Cry keeps you in a steady rotation without having much downtime just using your wrath generator. Against large groups of mobs, it'll pop up a ton of health globes around the battlefiend where you can trigger your reaper's wraps to get back to full wrath immediately. Once Judgment and Provoke is up again, you do another cycle of judgment - fissure x4 + provoke to kill mobs. Relatively little downtime because half of the cd is spent dealing damage and another quarter is spend collecting health globes (don't take more than you need). Steed also works with this cycle because if you're surrounded by a ton of mobs, steed lets you get out easily and collect those health globes.

Passive selection isn't crucial except for Righteousness. Having 30 extra max wrath lets you cast one more fissure, doing more damage in one cycle, while storing all those extra wrath you get from reaper's wraps.

Again, the build only really suck against bosses (including rift guardians) because judgment - resolved doesn't work on them. Also Hopeful Cry triggers a lot less when you're one on one. Might be a good idea to figure out another build to switch in just against bosses.

If you have Schaefer's Hammer, then you should be doing a Justice/Hammer build with Blunt instead of Righteousness, IMO. Put Champion with Rally and Valor with unstoppable force in there over Hope and Judgment. Then you have one spot left over for a cool down like Condemn or Bomb.

Well, that's my lightning build anyway. I don't have trouble with bosses. I can usually do 2 or 3 elite packs at once on T2 - if I had better defenses I could do T3. Maybe iron skin with the phase/MS rune instead of an offensive CD would solve that problem. Mad jealous of your Schaefer's! Definitely my ideal item, and the best weapon for any Crusader lightning build.

Totakeke

If you have Schaefer's Hammer, then you should be doing a Justice/Hammer build with Blunt instead of Righteousness, IMO. Put Champion with Rally and Valor with unstoppable force in there over Hope and Judgment. Then you have one spot left over for a cool down like Condemn or Bomb.

Well, that's my lightning build anyway. I don't have trouble with bosses. I can usually do 2 or 3 elite packs at once on T2 - if I had better defenses I could do T3. Maybe iron skin with the phase/MS rune instead of an offensive CD would solve that problem. Mad jealous of your Schaefer's! Definitely my ideal item, and the best weapon for any Crusader lightning build.

Yeah, I definitely tried the Hammer builds before but I don't like it mainly because 2Hs are slow, it takes forever to whirl up all those hammers. You actually don't need to use wrath generators as much because you spend wrath soo slowly and wrath per second generation can make up some of that. Most of the time I'm just standing there right clicking while everything dies, wondering why I'm spending so much time on trash. FotH fissure is more fun for me.

Ashodin

Yep. Really feel Justice with Blunt is awesome.

May i ask what is going on with the (new) hellfire ring? Is it shitty or why is noone talking about it yet?

Because it's shitty. You can't even select the main stat you want. It's good for rolling a new toon, but leveling 1-70 is pretty easy with adventure mode and torment levels. The proc sucks too. My level 60 hellfire is gonna be tough to beat anyway.

Omnicent

Man just tried out my new build on Crusader (theory build). Works as expected and once I can get near fulltime AC its going to be amazingly fun to roll with.

Nothing like having your Laws run on a 2-5 second cool down instead of 45sec (will probably drop the laws for bombardment or some other high cool down damage skill).

Still have a lot of work to do for gearing out, but think I found my end game build.

Ashodin

Man just tried out my new build on Crusader (theory build).

Nothing like having your Laws run on a 2-5 second cool down instead of 45sec (will probably drop the laws for bombardment or some other high cool down damage skill).

Still have a lot of work to do for gearing out, but think I found my end game build.

give deets

GorillaJu

Yeah, I definitely tried the Hammer builds before but I don't like it mainly because 2Hs are slow, it takes forever to whirl up all those hammers. You actually don't need to use wrath generators as much because you spend wrath soo slowly and wrath per second generation can make up some of that. Most of the time I'm just standing there right clicking while everything dies, wondering why I'm spending so much time on trash. FotH fissure is more fun for me.

Yeah, that's why I'm at 1.85 attacks per second through IAS. I prioritize attack speed because throwing hammers slowly truly is the devil's pubes.

I keep going back to this hammer build even though I'm not a fan of "hammerdin" generally. It's just so good and effective in all situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom