• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Only thing I can think of is gearing a ton of CDR with the Akkhan set. Which would be a lot of slots dedicated to CDR. Like, 10% Paragon, 8% Shoulder, 12.5% Helm, 10% Crimson, 10% Born is ~41.4% reduction I think? If the set bonus stacks the way I think it does, it takes all of that to get to ~5s Akkhan downtime?

Finally made a crusader build I'm relatively happy with. It's a lightning build based around FotH fissure. I'm using a Schaefer's Hammer (with no socket because i already used it to roll main stat)

No main stat but with a socket will outperform main stat but no socket. By a lot. I'd also suggest Heaven's Tempest over Fissure when 2H since they do more damage individually than Fissure which might be more relevant with fewer casts per second.

Is what I use when I'm 1H or 2H (1H with Shard, 2H with Schaefer's) with the variance in FotH Fissure and Heaven's Tempest as I deem it necessary. The faster stuff dies, the better Tempest's 150% ticks vs Fissure's 80% is. Halving the Wrath cost adds more damage when 1H due to getting to fully dump my Wrath for double the effect while Critical tends to be better when I go 2H. I use Wrathful for my sustain due to ~60k Healing Globe bonus.

And Condemn is still there because even in my Lightning Build I feel like it outperforms Falling Sword. When FS gets buffed, it'll get the slot.

Personally, I think the Hammer builds just don't do enough damage but I'm willing to give them another try some time. Just need to find a decent Hammer boot I guess.

Sciz

So just curious, considering mojo's aren't considered weapons, what's best to change on mine?. i took out a +certain attack (as i don't use the attack) and ended up with +Vit, is that worth keeping or would going for a socket to add even more +Int be better (i have over 600k HP already) or would aiming for a +certain attack i use be better?.

What it has now.
Vit's not a bad way to go. If you don't feel like you need the toughness, gambling for a skill you like is a great damage boost, but getting one specific one with a decent roll on an offhand is hell.

Last night got 7 legs from 2 rifts. Then 5 from Kadala.

:D

image.php

So just curious, considering mojo's aren't considered weapons, what's best to change on mine?. i took out a +certain attack (as i don't use the attack) and ended up with +Vit, is that worth keeping or would going for a socket to add even more +Int be better (i have over 600k HP already) or would aiming for a +certain attack i use be better?.

What it has now.

Rerolling anything on a mojo is hell, especially if you want a specific skill. The pool of potential abilities is just too big. If you've got cash and souls to burn, and good vit elsewhere, going for a specific attack isn't a bad idea. You can always keep the vit.

But if you have mojo mystic rerolling luck like me, you'll give up after the 15th try and stick with the good vit roll that you managed to get, and look for damage boosts elsewhere.

lexi

Banned
So does Diablo 3 actually support running above 60fps? I have a 120hz monitor and it will only ever run at 60fps with vsync on.

Vade

Question is my mirrorball worthless if it only procs 1 additional missile, thought you got 2, and I should just use another source.

Also is arcane power on critical worth more than + skill damage or +overall damage on a source?

Carm

Question for anyone else that played the RoS beta.

I may be mixing up my games but I could swear I remember killing a skeleton type mob in the RoS beta that would keep resurrecting until you pulled a sword out of its chest. Does anyone remember something like that? If so, has anyone seen that in live, I haven't.

Again, I may be mixing my games up but I could swear I ran into those in beta.

GorillaJu

Only thing I can think of is gearing a ton of CDR with the Akkhan set. Which would be a lot of slots dedicated to CDR. Like, 10% Paragon, 8% Shoulder, 12.5% Helm, 10% Crimson, 10% Born is ~41.4% reduction I think? If the set bonus stacks the way I think it does, it takes all of that to get to ~5s Akkhan downtime?

No main stat but with a socket will outperform main stat but no socket. By a lot. I'd also suggest Heaven's Tempest over Fissure when 2H since they do more damage individually than Fissure which might be more relevant with fewer casts per second.

Is what I use when I'm 1H or 2H (1H with Shard, 2H with Schaefer's) with the variance in FotH Fissure and Heaven's Tempest as I deem it necessary. The faster stuff dies, the better Tempest's 150% ticks vs Fissure's 80% is. Halving the Wrath cost adds more damage when 1H due to getting to fully dump my Wrath for double the effect while Critical tends to be better when I go 2H. I use Wrathful for my sustain due to ~60k Healing Globe bonus.

And Condemn is still there because even in my Lightning Build I feel like it outperforms Falling Sword. When FS gets buffed, it'll get the slot.

Personally, I think the Hammer builds just don't do enough damage but I'm willing to give them another try some time. Just need to find a decent Hammer boot I guess.

The difference with hammers is the amount of hit ticks you get using Charged Up. You hit a lot more enemies with a few hammer throws than you do with FOTH

They're both good though. I like FOTH as well, I jump back and forth a bit between hammers with blunt and FOTH with righteousness.

GorillaJu

I find Provoke really awkward to use, personally. I'd rather just pop Zealous Glare or Judgement instead.

It's for the damage boost from Charged up, not for the taunt effect. It has synergies with AC/Rally. Also Judgment doesn't work on bosses and glare only returns wrath per enemy hit, where provoke gives I think 25 in addition to the per-hit.

Shield glare has obvious benefits but if you're doing a lightning build, Provoke makes a big difference for AC and damage.

scy

The difference with hammers is the amount of hit ticks you get using Charged Up. You hit a lot more enemies with a few hammer throws than you do with FOTH

Charged Up only applies every 20s (-CDR, I guess) so it's not that big of a deal. Fist hits everything since all enemies are on top of me due to Condemn use still.

I find Provoke really awkward to use, personally. I'd rather just pop Zealous Glare or Judgement instead.

It's merely for Charged Up adding +50% to every damage instance.

GorillaJu

Charged Up only applies every 20s (-CDR, I guess) so it's not that big of a deal. Fist hits everything since all enemies are on top of me due to Condemn use still.

It's merely for Charged Up adding +50% to every damage instance.

Yeah, but 20s cd with 4s uptime is about the pace you go through mob packs. It works out well. When you have AC/Rally up it refreshes in 5-ish seconds.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So does Diablo 3 actually support running above 60fps? I have a 120hz monitor and it will only ever run at 60fps with vsync on.

It's a bug, you used to be able to get around it by disabling VSync in-game and forcing it on via the control panel or Nvidia Inspector but they broke this functionality as well in patch 2.01. RadeonPro is the only app that will still force VSync externally but it causes big performance issues for me, so use it at your own risk.

I have been lobbying to have this fixed for over 3 months, here's our thread on the official forum.

scy

Yeah, but 20s cd with 4s uptime is about the pace you go through mob packs. It works out well. When you have AC/Rally up it refreshes in 5-ish seconds.

That's true, I suppose. The odd part of testing this again will be finding 30% Justice damage to compensate my current Belt/Pants alongside the Hammer boots. Hrm.

GorillaJu

Is charged up still worth it in a non-lightning build?

I use zealous for the +20% damage and judgement for the 80% crit.

Nah. I wouldn't use charged up in non-lightning because you don't do enough dmg ticks to make it worth it. I would still prefer provoke's wrath gen over judgment only because I have 60% crit already, and since judgment doesn't work on bosses I don't really find it worth the CD/Skill slot to get guaranteed crits on non-bosses.

If you're using shield glare for the dmg and not for the wrath, and you aren't provoking, don't you spend quite a bit of time using generators? I'd have a hard time keeping the bubble filled up using Fires of Heaven without some source of wrath on the hot bar.

Totakeke

I do have another 2.7k dps generic legendary 2h with a crit gem. According to sheet dps I gain 12% sheet dps for it replacing Schaefer's Hammer. The actual damage should also be much higher due to judgment - resolved as well. However Schaefer's also give me +12% to lightning and the Schafer's proc is still pretty nice for me to keep it around. Sometimes it even lets me steed charge through stuffs blocking my way which is awesome. Edit: Oh, just realized you meant to reroll my mainstat into a socket. Hmm, maybe I will try that.

A lot of the crusader builds assume you can kill mobs in one cycle, mine is fine in tempo even if I don't which is why I like it. Never tried Heaven's Tempest extensively, but Fissure is probably better for my lower dps. I'd still choose Judgment - Resolved even if it doesn't work for bosses because it stops mobs from moving (important for fissure), and it helps people with bad or average gear a ton due to near-guaranteed crits. Never liked the Condemn pull compared to Judgment and it's also holy damage instead of lightning.

Artanisix

Nah. I wouldn't use charged up in non-lightning because you don't do enough dmg ticks to make it worth it. I would still prefer provoke's wrath gen over judgment only because I have 60% crit already, and since judgment doesn't work on bosses I don't really find it worth the CD/Skill slot to get guaranteed crits on non-bosses.

If you're using shield glare for the dmg and not for the wrath, and you aren't provoking, don't you spend quite a bit of time using generators? I'd have a hard time keeping the bubble filled up using Fires of Heaven without some source of wrath on the hot bar.

Nope, not at all. Reaper's Wraps keeps me topped off pretty much all the time thankfully. I also have +4 wrath regen on my weapon, which gets amped with AC.

edit: Link to my profile for the curious: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheMilkman-1593/hero/43477874

No idea why it shows my dps and toughness so low. I'm at 680k~ sheet dps and nearly 7 mil toughness.

Nete

I'm not Omnicent, but in my case the "perfect" CDR gear I'm aiming for to use perma AC is:

-Shoulders: 8%
-Helm: 12.5%
-Amulet: 8%
-Gloves: 8%
-Ring 1: 7% (I think there are leg rings that can go up to 8%, but a rare can be good enough for this).
-Weapon: 10%
-Paragon: 10%

For a -48.6~ cooldown reduction. With full Akkhan set that would mean less than 2 seconds of AC downtime. Of course that 48.6 is pretty hard to reach while still getting *good* DPS/survival gear, but there are ways to solve that, either sets (Captain Crimson or Born) or the great Akarat's Awakening that lets you go with some less CDR.

In my case is a bit easier tho, as I only need 20 Crit Chance on my dream build.

GorillaJu

That sounds awesome. I wish AC didn't look so clunky though. Not a fan of the design. Big golemn looking thing with a tiny weapon. Looks like it's got t-Rex arms.

Artanisix

I'm not Omnicent, but in my case the "perfect" CDR gear I'm aiming for to use perma AC is:

-Shoulders: 8%
-Helm: 12.5%
-Amulet: 8%
-Gloves: 8%
-Ring 1: 7% (I think there are leg rings that can go up to 8%, but a rare can be good enough for this).
-Weapon: 10%
-Paragon: 10%

For a -48.6~ cooldown reduction. With full Akkhan set that would mean less than 2 seconds of AC downtime. Of course that 48.6 is pretty hard to reach while still getting *good* DPS/survival gear, but there are ways to solve that, either sets (Captain Crimson or Born) or the great Akarat's Awakening that lets you go with some less CDR.

In my case is a bit easier tho, as I only need 20 Crit Chance on my dream build.

Ay, this is essentially what I'm aiming for. With Judgement I don't really need high crit at all, especially if I'm running perma AC since I can just use rally rune. I'll have to make up for the weapon cdr with Crimson's probably, although losing out on my witching hour would make me a sad sader. Also need to get a better amulet, reroll my gloves, and hope I get the akkan's shoulder with heaven's fury or cdr on it.

scy

Never liked the Condemn pull compared to Judgment and it's also holy damage instead of lightning.

Even if it's Holy Damage, it's a 10s cooldown adding 10M+ damage and I have Strongarm Bracers currently so the Damage bonus there is nice. Besides that, it gives me a Shoulder/Chest Skill Damage% roll :x

ElyrionX

So what are all the Wizards running post FO nerf?

I've tried a couple of builds thus far and I'm really liking a multi-element build with Arcane Torrent as a spender. With the Cascade rune, you deal a lot of damage to big groups. Single target damage isn't that great though.

Yesterday, I tried a pure fire spec with Meteor Shower as the spender. It feels good as well especially since I have Mirrorball and Conflag Magic Missile is very powerful too. The fire passive isn't great though. I swapped that out for Arcane Dynamo.

Nete

and hope I get the akkan's shoulder with heaven's fury or cdr on it.

Why not *both*.

94e813183835a3479a0ca64b5050b4fe.png

Btw, I'm right now sitting at 47.24% CDR with my regular gear. 51.46% if I switch the amulet, but is not exactly a perfect one as it doesn't has Crit Damage. Problem is I still only have 2 Akkhan pieces, and you need at least 4 (or 3+Royal Ring) to start getting the build to work. Not enough skill slots otherwise :(

lexi

Banned
It's a bug, you used to be able to get around it by disabling VSync in-game and forcing it on via the control panel or Nvidia Inspector but they broke this functionality as well in patch 2.01. RadeonPro is the only app that will still force VSync externally but it causes big performance issues for me, so use it at your own risk.

I have been lobbying to have this fixed for over 3 months, here's our thread on the official forum.

Thanks heaps for this. I did a bit of a googling on this issue and holy christ, there is a lot -- and a lot of inconsistent information from the entire lifetime of the game.

Artanisix

Why not *both*.

94e813183835a3479a0ca64b5050b4fe.png

Btw, I'm right now sitting at 43.87% CDR with my regular gear. 48.36% if I switch the amulet, but is not exactly a perfect one as it doesn't has Crit Damage. Problem is I still only have 2 Akkhan pieces, and you need at least 4 (or 3+Royal Ring) to start getting the build to work. Not enough skill slots otherwise :(

Bastard.

At least I have 4-piece and you don't neener neener

Totakeke

Even if it's Holy Damage, it's a 10s cooldown adding 10M+ damage and I have Strongarm Bracers currently so the Damage bonus there is nice. Besides that, it gives me a Shoulder/Chest Skill Damage% roll :x

But you don't need skill damage rolls if you only use one skill to do damage! :p

Speaking of skill damage rolls, is FotH only on two armor pieces (legs and head?), and I guess shield?

Got a cindercoat tonight on my monk... Has Dex, 2 sockets etc but the only problem is my main weapon is a fulminator so I'm pretty much locked into a lightning build :

Ashodin

That sounds awesome. I wish AC didn't look so clunky though. Not a fan of the design. Big golemn looking thing with a tiny weapon. Looks like it's got t-Rex arms.

Hahahaha. Yeah the weapon is super small. They need to increase the scaling on it, but it's still pretty good if you're just wielding a 2H :3

1wKxcwg.gif

Also yeah if you run a build without Condemn, you're either SUPER tanky or doing it wrong.

scy

But you don't need skill damage rolls if you only use one skill to do damage! :p

Speaking of skill damage rolls, is FotH only on two armor pieces (legs and head?), and I guess shield?

What else do I roll there? :x CDR% is neat for shoulders but overall I get more damage from adding a skill roll there and I happened to get Condemn.

And just boots, helm, and Crusader Shield for primary spenders.

I don't use condemn. I have bomb there instead. If I had a sword of prophecy I would swap in condemn.

Condemn is up every pull and acts as an additional triple use crowd control effect. It also works with Strongarm. If I had more CDR, I'd maybe use Bombardment I guess but I usually kill packs in T2/T3 too fast for Bombardment to be super relevant and Condemn is able to be used for every single pull.

Sciz

Question for anyone else that played the RoS beta.

I may be mixing up my games but I could swear I remember killing a skeleton type mob in the RoS beta that would keep resurrecting until you pulled a sword out of its chest. Does anyone remember something like that? If so, has anyone seen that in live, I haven't.

Again, I may be mixing my games up but I could swear I ran into those in beta.

You're thinking of Borderlands 2 DLC.

MegaPanda

How does the pity legendary timer work? I've been playing in small 15~20 min bursts in between studying but I haven't found a leg all day

Totakeke

I like my shoulders, I also have Akkhan's with Condemn 10% :( but it's shelved until I get more set items. I also just realized I only have one single class set item at 70, that sucks.

zD0l89y.png

Looking at it again, those are some great secondary rolls. :p

I got Asheara's Vestments plan yesterday. Wondering who to craft it for, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to crusaders. More CC is nice but Crusaders aren't as reliant on it compared to DH, and Monks could really get a kick out of it with the unity passive.

scy

I got Asheara's Vestments plan yesterday. Wondering who to craft it for, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to crusaders. More CC is nice but Crusaders aren't as reliant on it compared to DH, and Monks could really get a kick out of it with the unity passive.

I like the Asheara set for Crusader since it gives me 100 AR, 20% Life, and all my Followers. Like, the 4 piece is a lot of hidden damage and crowd control. And it works in multiplayer. It's a really strong set, in my opinion.

Arguably, it may be better to use those slots for Crimson, Born, and Aughild's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom