• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

Supid question, is there a difference between a normal card pack and an expert card pack?

There are no 'normal' card parks. Normal cards are all the base unlockable cards that cannot be obtained in packs.

Expert packs contain 'expert' cards, which are 'Common' rarity and higher, that cannot be unlocked in game.

Boogdud

Perhaps so. A few more hoops to jump through to trade something might address the concern. Either way, the game currently rewards for playing it...and I think that's a good thing. Any additional changes need to work such that it doesn't fuck up what they've gotten right to this point.

Totally agree. I think the game is great where it is right now and I'd much prefer they kept trading out of it. Giving people "outs" to get a piece of gear takes the adventure out of the game imo. It's what ruined D3 1.0. Now that items are 'mostly' for your class there's really no excuse to dick with the system.

Fularu

Banned
That won't work. The guaranteed legendaries for story mode bosses only happen for characters level 59 and under. However, it sounds like they're doing to make Malthael have a guaranteed first kill legendary up to level 70. (requires quest reset after that)

Woo, free stuff!

Fuuuu

Yeah for 3 expert packs. Maybe they'll have a good resell value since they're codes

Totally agree. I think the game is great where it is right now and I'd much prefer they kept trading out of it. Giving people "outs" to get a piece of gear takes the adventure out of the game imo. It's what ruined D3 1.0. Now that items are 'mostly' for your class there's really no excuse to dick with the system.

I tend to agree. And the clan feed of legs being found serve as quite the carrot on a stick.

Alex has looted: [Diabo]

Clan: LOLOLOL sorry bro

JoeSchmo has looted: [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Clan: Oh shit son, congrats

"Maybe today will be the day I find a Thunderfury..."

*grinds*

RS4-

Yeah bought digital deluxe about an hour ago. Just had enough from using RMAH the first time over the past week and a bit.

garath

I tend to agree. And the clan feed of legs being found serve as quite the carrot on a stick.

Alex has looted: [Diabo]

Clan: LOLOLOL sorry bro

JoeSchmo has looted: [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Clan: Oh shit son, congrats

"Maybe today will be the day I find a Thunderfury..."

*grinds*

I know that feel. Still waiting for my Krindershot to drop. I've gotten a windforce, a hellrack and some other 2h legendary xbow but no kridershot :(

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
I have to agree 2.0 indeed does feel like a relaunch. The fun is back, and I can enjoy playing without feeling like Blizzard is trying to extract money and time from rather than I choosing to do so. I'm glad the AH is gone and the loot design philosophy changed, the game is already better for it IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Skunkers

I have to admit there's a part of me that wants some form of trading besides what we have now, but it does seem that just about every idea could be exploited by bots/farmers. But as someone that was playing a lot both before and after patch 2.0 dropped, I can say this; there's one FUCKING AMAZING (undocumented, not really talked about much) new hidden feature of the patch.... and it's this: Suddenly, as of the day the patch dropped, I immediately stopped getting fucking bombarded with 20+ friend requests from "pvpbank#xxxx" every goddamn time I log on. And so for that, I am totally fine with BOA.

I was never a huge fan of D2's trading to be honest, because SOJs became sort of the defacto currency, and even when you started non-stop running for loot they could be extremely hard to find. I probably played over 1000 hours of D2, and granted I wasn't loot running most of that time, but in all that, I think I got 1 or maybe 2 legit SOJ drops and none ever from Gheed. RNG gonna RNG. I'm satisfied with the D3 Loot 2.0 drop rate, I have a ton of fun with the game, and if they can keep the third party resellers out, I'm fine with it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So I'm guessing reviews don't hit until after servers go live next week? Not that I need reviews anyway but will be interesting to see what they say with all the changes.

Fuuuu

Yeah for 3 expert packs. Maybe they'll have a good resell value since they're codes

Looks like the packs cost about $1.50 each if purchased. People can only redeem 5 codes on one account, so that limits the potential for buying them en masse.

Here's that blue post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12031313390?page=3#47

Relevant bit: "We plan on moving the Bonus Legendary to Malthael for players level 61+ when the expansion arrives. Additionally, Diablo will no longer drop a Bonus Legendary for players level 61+"

Been desperately wanting a Thunderfury for my wiz. Last night I see a leg 1H sword drop and got so excited. Turned out to be a Fulminator. Still a nice DPS boost and happy to have it.

Loot 2.0 problems.

edit: a word.

Levito

Banned
Adventure mode is probably going to make this game for me. I hate going though the fucking wretched story and bone crushingly linear quest progression in this game.

th3dude

The digital deluxe has all the same in-game stuff. CE is only worthwhile if the physical goods are worth it for you.

I'm trying to justify the digital deluxe to myself but I don't play WoW (anymore) or SC. So it seems like all I get is a minion, extra slots (which is nice), and some Hearthstone packs.

Decisions.....

Shifty76

So mad today

Want to talk about mad?

How about being stuck living in a trailer with no hot water for 2 weeks as we're between house moves, chasing down dogs through 4 feet of snow for 2 hours at midnight because they've escaped from their kennel, then trying to drive to work at 5 the next morning and not being able to go any faster than about 10 km/h due to whiteout blizzard conditions, while trying to avoid semi's who insist on driving right down the middle of the center line and absolutely refuse to move over to their own side of the highway...

[/endrant]

Tom Penny

Been desperately wanting a Thunderfury for my wiz. Last night I see a leg 1H sword drop and got so excited. Turned out to be a Fulminator. Still a nice DPS boost and happy to have it.

Loot 2.0 problems.

Well I got an INT roll on mine and I'm a Monk :( How did that happen AND a Fulinator that rolled Strength? I got super trolled. By the looks of it I will be rolling a Wiz for ROS and using it him too. It's still an upgrade for me until I get the right one..

Popnbake

Loot 2.0 problems.

Found a Thunderfury and Valthek's Rebuke last night on my wiz but I'm looking for Frostburn Gauntlets and Winter Flurry.

Getting specific legendaries is going to be tough with no trading so hopefully I'll have fun in
the loot hunt until then.

I wonder if a solution for that might involve- *You just picked this legendary up. For the next 2 hours you have the opportunity to send it to a person on your current friend list* caveat being that the friend list must remain constant from the time of that message and friend list max must be made to prevent everyone friending everyone in some sort of quasi item acquisition economy.

This would be abused a ton. They would have to add more caveats like "must have been on friend's list for at least 30 days" and "can only give X number of legendaries per X period of time", etc. It would just become silly.

On another note...

Blizzard you cocktease

Yjd0lgy.jpg

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
RE: BOA - it stinks. I've probably played more than anyone here and more than anyone I know and I have found exactly 1 "game changing" legendary...and its not that good. Its the amulet that gives you immunity to arcane damage. Sounds good in theory...but the reality is that the elites will CC you off any arcane beams or whatever half the time so you can't really take full advantage.

With BOA, there is always someone who is going to get screwed. That someone is usually me.

taybul

Adventure mode is probably going to make this game for me. I hate going though the fucking wretched story and bone crushingly linear quest progression in this game.

As excited as I already am about RoS I still don't quite get the appeal of Adventure Mode. Once you've already cleared the main story, how is it any different from hopping around the acts and running into elites and doing chest events that you can do now? I know about the bounties and bounty-specific loot but is there more to the mode than that?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This would be abused a ton. They would have to add more caveats like "must have been on friend's list for at least 30 days" and "can only give X number of legendaries per X period of time", etc. It would just become silly.

On another note...

Blizzard you cocktease

Yjd0lgy.jpg

You think that's bad? I had this ridiculous thing drop:

13209502775_e793970af9_o.png

Infinite Shield throwing? Cray-Cray

JesseZao

As excited as I already am about RoS I still don't quite get the appeal of Adventure Mode. Once you've already cleared the main story, how is it any different from hopping around the acts and running into elites and doing chest events that you can do now? I know about the bounties and bounty-specific loot but is there more to the mode than that?

You don't have to start separate games to do it for one.

RE: BOA - it stinks. I've probably played more than anyone here and more than anyone I know and I have found exactly 1 "game changing" legendary...and its not that good. Its the amulet that gives you immunity to arcane damage. Sounds good in theory...but the reality is that the elites will CC you off any arcane beams or whatever half the time so you can't really take full advantage.

With BOA, there is always someone who is going to get screwed. That someone is usually me.

If you've only found one and have played a lot like you said you have crappy luck. I've found 4 or 5 build-defining/changing legendaries. Not just little gimmicky changes, but huge mods that you create your entire build around.

You think that's bad? I had this ridiculous thing drop:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2714/13209502775_e793970af9_o.png

Infinite Shield throwing? Cray-Cray

Holy mackerel I didn't know Crusader legs were dropping already

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
If you've only found one and have played a lot like you said you have crappy luck. I've found 4 or 5 build-defining/changing legendaries. Not just little gimmicky changes, but huge mods that you create your entire build around.

I'm not surprised. Everyone I know has found good stuff. I've gone from paragon 189 to 382 since the patch and that's the only item I found that I would classify as build-defining/game changing. Everything else I've found are glorified rares. I know these items exist in the game, but I'm not getting them.

I'm not surprised. Everyone I know has found good stuff. I've gone from paragon 189 to 382 since the patch and that's the only item I found that I would classify as build-defining/game changing. Everything else I've found are glorified rares. I know these items exist in the game, but I'm not getting them.

Dang that's crazy, I've only went from like paragon 85 to 120 so you've played a lot more.

Amneisac

Nephalim Rifts are where it's at for me. I'm so excited about that. Probably my favorite part of the expansion.

Sciz

Totally randomized dungeons.

But the big draw is never hearing anyone talk ever again.

It's a bit embarassing on Blizzard's side that 2H legendaries are going to be useless until RoS comes out, especially since they seem to be 50% of the drops I'm getting. A lot of the other legendaries just seem to be rares with a different colour and slightly higher stats, not very impressed.

I'm okay with BOA, but I'd like to see more legendaries drop. I like playing D3, but so far the required time investment for getting cool gear seems a bit on the high side.

Mugaaz

If it's as I've read:

You don't have to listen to fucking Azmodan or Diablo tell you how they don't even need what you just destroyed. ARROGANT NEPHALEM
You don't have to constantly restart games.
I don't have to hear about how Jondar was a templar once.
It promotes going to areas you normally wouldn't do
I don't have to raise the catapults
The rifts provide new enemy combinations
I don't have to find Kulle's elbow bone again
I don't have to keep skipping cutscenes
The best way to play the game won't be some CoTA/Royal Audience level of bullshit, and be actually just choosing what act I like best and doing a bunch of bounties all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom