• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but being Jailed does damage in itself that can't be dodged. And on higher Torment, thats quite a lot of hurt. Dodge is terrible as is, but when there is damage that can't even be dodged it's terribad ...

I've never noticed that being jailed actually did damage, just thought it was the pain in the ass setup to get you hit by arcane beams or whatever. All classes to 70 and oblivious all this time.

Wallach

You can dodge jailer damage. You still get rooted but you take no damage and don't lose the Pride's Fall buff.

Yeah, the root is unavoidable without immunity but you can dodge the damage. There is a grip of stuff that cannot be dodged though, most annoyingly including charge attacks. Fucking Anarchs.

Baliis

Just some fun napkin math, adding 1000 armor for me gives about 1.6times more reduction than adding 100 AR, but AR rolls at about a 2:1 ratio on gear to armor, so AR is still better. It only sorta becomes viable if I'm using Blue and Prismatic Armor to get up to 2200 AR, then it might be better to go armor on one slot to bring them back together a bit.

Won

Of course I get the shrine gloves on my level 67 DH. I'm sure the game is trolling me at this point. Not gonna touch my Crusader anymore.

RS4-

irzIsOIa4C7L7.png

The pickup from yesterday. Juggling it between my monk and wiz...since I don't even have a good wiz weapon yet.

Dahbomb

My toughness is the same between diabloprogress and battle.net, diabloprogress may not have an up to date snapshot.
You use a Monk with OWE?

It updated but my toughness is still 2 milllion. I am 100% positive it's not using OWE in the calculation.

Oh well.. at least it's nice to see my elemental DPS. Would like to see DPS of skills + element as well.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I won't be surprised at all when blizz nerfs some of the legacy stuff, Some of it's just way too good.

Witching Hour would be the first to get hit. Highest DPS in the world, and they still use the legacy.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wizja-2168/hero/1665444

yeah man that 1 mil toughness sure is intimidating

melt em before they touch you

This is exactly what people mean by useless DPS stuff. I have almost as much eDPS as that guy if you add in my element/skill bonuses and I have like 7 times his toughness.

True, it would be nice if they found a way to factor those things in.

Is it even possible to find a good belt in ros? I'm still using my 60 witching hour or I'll lose 14-20% dps using a 70 belt

Find a Hellcat Waistguard or Craft a Fleeting Strap.

Both offer the same thing: high main stat, high vit, armor/ar, and +attack speed (5-7%). Either should tide you over until you get a Witching Hour to drop, as they offer maybe -5% damage, but +20%-30% "toughness" in the form of hundreds more vit and armor. I'd strongly recommend it unless you're really hard up for damage.

Dahbomb

1H crossbows are balanced the same as 2H bows/crossbows. Nat's always rolls % damage and socket, so he rerolled until he got near-max black damage roll.
This makes sense, I didn't know about this.

I actually have a 1H XBow, I am thinking I roll the damage rolls higher when they fix the % damage values.

Nete

I only have 30 CDR in my build (I will aim for more in the future to get full time Akarat's Chanpion). I rely on other things to get me low cool-downs (though I need to still verify one of the main skills I use. I kind of assumed I needed it because there were instances I'd have Laws of Valor back up within 1-2 seconds after it was on cool-down. Going by mechanics it should increase my procs on Rally, but it's not good to make an assumption.

Only came up with the build setup yesterday(not wholly my idea, but I was trying some other skills that the builds I was running before never recommended and it just clicked for me yesterday. I'm positive I'm not the only sader that runs a similar cool down build since I have seen the basic skills I use mentioned on other forums by a few people when seeing if anyone else had a build similar to mine posted anywhere. Seems that things may be over tuned, but like they post I read I'm on this train till it crash and burns. So much fan spamming cooldowns for 20seconds) and there is a lot of testing/documenting/fun to over the next few weeks.

For max CDR you will want a Ring of Royal Grandeuer and roll with 5 Akkahn + 2 captain crimson (belt + boots/pants, whichever you don't have the crusader set. That gives you 10% extra reduced cool-down and 10% resource costs (as you mentioned). You can mix this with the level 70 Born's, but then you lose the 6 peice set bonus, so it's not worth it unless they lower the cool down on Akarat's Champion). Thats my game plan

And on Akarat's Awakening, it's something I thought of on my drive to work this morning(which is also why I want to test out one of my key skills to see if I change up the rune. There is also weapon based things to consider, but I have no FoTF so I can't test that out until rngesus deems me worthy to get one). I'd lose some damage, but I'd gain damage back from being able to drop even more cool-down reduction.

Main reason I have not posted my build is because it's still a work in progress and I'm only in T1 (spent a few mil trying to roll a socket into my Skycutter and now I need to work on a 130% crit damage gem). I can pm it to you though, since I would love feedback / idea swaps.

Feel free to send me the build if you think I can help you on tweaking it or give some feedback ;). Just for context, this is my dream build, with the #1 skill deppending on what I'm doing or with who I'm playing (Steed, Iron Skin, Provoke, Bombardment, a Law...). I have doubts on the Primary skill but it would require some testing... and I like Justice. Either Punish or Slash should be good options too. Same with the passives, there are a couple that would need test with full gear, but not even in the beta I had the chance to complete this.

I can't use it right now due two problems tho. One, the lack of Akkhan set pieces for perma-AC. The other, AC-Rally is bugged with Heaven's Fury-Fire of Heaven's not proccing it. Still, my current build is enough to farm Torment 3-4 at good speed (I switch Steed for Iron Skin and add a Royal Ring for the rare one when soloing T4 for extra toughness), so is not a big deal while I don't try to do T5-6.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy shit, wrathful protector garg with mask of jeram is outrageous. Fuckin like 100mil crits.

Bombless

I really do not like Cluster / Loaded for Bear. It does have huge damage, but the area of effect is ridiculously small and I keep getting the feeling something's not right with the secondary grenades. It seems to me like they sometimes fail to do any damage at all. Not to mention the instant drain of Hatred.

I'm using Multishot/Arsenal instead for fire damage. Hits almost half the screen and goes through certain objects blocking other projectiles. I really, really like it.

Baliis

Finally

May go back one day and try to get a trifecta, but probably not until I blow through the 1200 some rift keys I have now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually wondering how viable it is to stack purely vit and %life for your mitigation as a holy crusader. Assuming you can at least take a few hits- any number of holy damage ticks should provide massive heals with a huge health pool.

The real problem I'm having with toughness is that min maxed gear allocations typically leave little room for it. Yeah, I'm gemming it full on now, but with only 4 primary stats and the desire to pursue main stat, cc, cd, as, element dmg, skill dmg, cd reduction, resource reduction, etc. wherever possible, it's hard to make room for vit, % life, and ar. (And don't even think about trying to fit life regen/life on hit or area damage in) The change to having designated allocation on gear for secondary stats (as opposed to the 6 primaries you could roll before) and expansion of primary stats into even more offensive stats- which, while maybe not that useful for other classes, are certainly good on crusaders, cr in particular- has me leaving ar on maybe 1 or 2 pieces. If my cindercoat needs its bonus fire damage, my andariels needs both that and cc/as, and my boots need spender dmg, where am I supposed to get it?

This exact gearing issue is why I'm wearing 3 BT/2 Aughild's with a Ring of Royal Grandeur. I can wear every piece of gear that grants +fire and still have hella mitigation. I can pretty much stomp all over T3 and never die unless there's a bad frozen/waller/arcane kind of situation. Take a loot at my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/38675576

Baliis

This exact gearing issue is why I'm wearing 3 BT/2 Aughild's with a Ring of Royal Grandeur. I can wear every piece of gear that grants +fire and still have hella mitigation. I can pretty much stomp all over T3 and never die unless there's a bad frozen/waller/arcane kind of situation. Take a loot at my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/38675576

Pretty similar set up to my fire wiz, except I'm using a string of ears vs blackthornes 2 piece. Sitting at 13 mil toughness now WITH glass cannon and pinpoint barrier over blur and prismatic. have 31.18% melee reduction, 15% elite reduction, 50% reduction from Unity when I'm with my follower.

Discobird

Is it even possible to find a good belt in ros? I'm still using my 60 witching hour or I'll lose 14-20% dps using a 70 belt

Gamble for a Harrington's--even a low damage roll on a Harrington's is better than a perfect lvl 70 Witching Hour IMO, unless you're fighting a boss or something where there are no "chests" around.

Dead bodies, armor racks, loose stones etc. all count as chests for the Harrington's buff. It's amazing.

Dahbomb

Gamble for a Harrington's--even a low damage roll on a Harrington's is better than a perfect lvl 70 Witching Hour IMO, unless you're fighting a boss or something where there are no "chests" around.

Dead bodies, armor racks, loose stones etc. all count as chests for the Harrington's buff. It's amazing.
Guys you don't understand...

If it doesn't boost your profile DPS permanently then the item is GARBAGE!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm really digging how homunculous lets me replace zombie dogs on my bars with sacrifice plus provoke the pack rune. It's essentially a permanent 20% damage buff. It's too bad there is no icon for the buff itself to keep track of, though. I pretty much see I'm back to 4 dogs and blow them up again.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's a theory going around that group games consistently favour one player for legendary drops at the expense of the other three. Interesting stuff. Someone posted the example of the "Wi flag" issue from another game where the RNG was causing players with low account IDs to take aggro more than other players. It was named after a player named Wi who was a victim of the bug. They assigned players roll ranges ordered by account ID, then only multiplied by 1 instead of the number of players in their function so the lower ID players always "won".

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/12427682983?page=9#162

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471477472

If it's anything like that aggro scenario, it would be consistent for one set of players, but not for the same player across different groups.

It's early, but plausible. People are gathering data.

Ashodin

There's a theory going around that group games consistently favour one player for legendary drops at the expense of the other three. Interesting stuff. Someone posted the example of the "Wi flag" issue from another game where the RNG was causing players with low account IDs to take aggro more than other players named after a player named Wi who was a victim of the bug. They assigned players roll ranges ordered by account ID, then only multiplied by 1 instead of the number of players in their function so the lower ID players always "won".

If it's anything like that aggro scenario, it would be consistent for one set of players, but not for the same player across different groups.

You know I've felt this exact thing. One player in the rifts gets most of the legendaries.

Tom Penny

4 Legacy gear and only one item with +% element damage, no skill modifiers.. and shit for toughness.

This is exactly what people mean by useless DPS stuff. I have almost as much eDPS as that guy if you add in my element/skill bonuses and I have like 7 times his toughness.

He has 75% lighting skills or am I missing something?

Braag

Finally

May go back one day and try to get a trifecta, but probably not until I blow through the 1200 some rift keys I have now.

I got that ring today, I wasn't even trying to get it and had no idea it even existed :D Got it off a cache (apparently act 1 cache is only place to get it?) and everyone was congratulating me in the chat which made me wonder what's so special about this ring lol :p
Then I read what the bonus was...

Jack.gif

There's a theory going around that group games consistently favour one player for legendary drops at the expense of the other three.

I was in a group yesterday where 1 guy got 6 legs in 2 hours. The rest of us got 1-2 max. Obviously not a confirmation, but I could believe it.

Omnicent

Feel free to send me the build if you think I can help you on tweaking it or give some feedback ;). Just for context, this is my dream build, with the #1 skill deppending on what I'm doing or with who I'm playing (Steed, Iron Skin, Bombardment, a Law...). I have doubts on the Primary skill but it would require some testing... and I like Justice. Either Punish or Slash should be good options too.

I can't use it right now due two problems tho. One, the lack of Akkhan set pieces for perma-AC. The other, AC-Rally is bugged with Heaven's Fury-Fire of Heaven's not proccing it. Still, my current build is enough to farm Torment 3-4 at good speed (I switch Steed for Iron Skin and add a Royal Ring for the rare one when soloing T4 for extra toughness), so is not a big deal while I don't try to do T5-6.

I'd like to also roll a build similar to this one at some point as well (same load out actually, though if I have a holy damage weapon I may use Holy Cause in place of Finery or Righteousness).

And yeah that is a serious bug, but hopefully that will be hotfixed sooner rather than later.
Also needing 5 piece Akarat's Set + RoRG for the awesome build's sucks (mostly because set drop rates are pretty low), but will at least be rewarding once you get that last piece of the set/ring (assuming they have decent rolls).

My DH (still hoping to find a buriza soon) , I took the TF off my templar for my barb though, and need to put my int maximus back on the enchantress. Aeshera set + 3 legendary follower tokens + maximus is pretty good

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097

My barb a few hours after hitting 70 (he was lvl 11 this morning)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/39170888
the chestpiece was rerolled from dex , thunderfury was handed down from my wiz and rerolled for str and the helmet I got on my crusader but everything else was found/crafted today
pretty happy how the cache mace rolled for me.the proc is pretty awesome
Put about 1500 shards into helmets from kadela but only ended up with one (badly rolled) andariel
I hope I can find a shard of hate and/or stone of jordan on this character soon

I'm finding barb surprisingly fun to play especially on higher torment levels, manning up through large amounts of damage and getting rewarded with large damage boosts and resources for fighting on low hp/taking damage is great and the way the damage gets rolling through building rampage stacks and fury as well as the bursty nature of the procs of both weapons is really satisfying so far.

Any advice for upgrading his gear? Or perhaps his spec

Dahbomb

He has 75% lighting skills or am I missing something?
We are not looking at the same Monk.

Edit: Went back and checked, it's a different Monk or at least different gear now. Guy I saw had:

Bracers that had attack speed and crit, no element.
Trifecta amulet no element.
Tal Rasha's chest.
Witching Hour.
Inna's Pants.
Legacy Zunimassa Boots
Mage Fists
Mempo for the Helm

There's a theory going around that group games consistently favour one player for legendary drops at the expense of the other three. Interesting stuff. Someone posted the example of the "Wi flag" issue from another game where the RNG was causing players with low account IDs to take aggro more than other players. It was named after a player named Wi who was a victim of the bug. They assigned players roll ranges ordered by account ID, then only multiplied by 1 instead of the number of players in their function so the lower ID players always "won".

That has happened. One guy in party gets like 7 Legdndaries,, another person gets 0.

I always attributed it to RNG gonna RNG.

Ashodin

The game's logic would attack players based on proximity. But player's often joked about having the "Wi flag" named from a player named "Wi." The observation that mobs would go WAYYYY out of their way, past groups of other people to attack players with the shortest name.

Also known as the "Wallach Engineer" effect in GW2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom