• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Lol Ash, my damn ISP. I was feeling good about our rifts!

If you need the transmog for the shenlong fist and skorn, let me know.

Card Boy

Banned
Er are we getting this stuff from the PS4 version?
- Player gifts (when a leg drops there's a chance a gift for a friend on your friends list drops too, you can then mail it to them)
- Nemesis system (if you get killed by a mob, there's a chance a stronger version of the same mob will spawn in a friends game)
- "Apprentice mode": low level players receive a temporary stat boost when playing with high level players so they can catch up (I think this is new info?)

Would be pretty crap if it was console exclusive.

The Cowboy

Yeah they all sound pretty sweet, i would be gutted if they made those console exclusive.
Wouldn't mind seeing those changes in. Would love to log in and see that someone has gifted me a Monk set piece!
I personally love the idea of wondering around in a game and the nemesis notification pops up at the side (like it does when people come online/get achievements), and then a big bloomin mob just spawns on you :D.

There's a theory going around that group games consistently favour one player for legendary drops at the expense of the other three. Interesting stuff. Someone posted the example of the "Wi flag" issue from another game where the RNG was causing players with low account IDs to take aggro more than other players. It was named after a player named Wi who was a victim of the bug. They assigned players roll ranges ordered by account ID, then only multiplied by 1 instead of the number of players in their function so the lower ID players always "won".

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/12427682983?page=9#162

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471477472

If it's anything like that aggro scenario, it would be consistent for one set of players, but not for the same player across different groups.

It's early, but plausible. People are gathering data.

I've always felt something was messed up. Ballis rains legendaries all day when I group with him. Hell we played T3 rifts full grp for two hours last night, think we cleared 10ish rifts. He would have a leg drop every rift, sometimes every 5 minutes. Everyone else was lucky to get one leg every 2-3 rifts.

The nemesis thing could be funny if it's properly implemented

The gifting stuff sounds awful to me, gives me farmville vibes where you nag your friends with things like the cows and whatever

Apprentice mode/ massacre exp boosts sound pointless too, Takes like an hour to boost your friends to 70 from level 1 and the leveling phase is like 1 percent of the game, all your time is going to be spent at max level

Dahbomb

Isn't gifting just like a form of giving stuff to your friends only they don't have to be in your game?

I am confused as to how it works.

Discobird

Good news: Danetta's Revenge finally dropped off a T2 rift goblin after over a week of searching

Bad news: took me 56 souls and about 75M gold to roll a socket on it. Holy

Ultratech

Recently just got Tiklandian Visage.

Holy shit, this thing is ridiculously powerful.
(Its special ability: Horrify causes you to Fear and Root enemies around you for 6–8 seconds.)

Elites giving you a hard time? LOL THEY CAN'T DO SHIT
Large swarm of enemies in your way? OH WAIT, THEY'RE TOO SCARED TO MOVE

Combine it with Grave Injustice (and maybe some CDR) and you can have some crazy uptime on it as well.
Good way to stunlock Elites and normal enemies.

Too bad it doesn't really work much on Bosses.

Been using it to great effect on some of our Rift runs though. :D

Yaari

Got some Nemesis Bracers and Ring of Grandeur today. Stats are bad on both, but still happy to have them.

On a sidenote, it has been forever since I got any set items. And I find alot of Legendary items. Are the droprates that much lower? I'll never get my Tal Rasha.

Dahbomb

Drop rates for set items are lower than Legendaries. Drop rates for class specific set items are even lower.

Good news: Danetta's Revenge finally dropped off a T2 rift goblin after over a week of searching

Bad news: took me 56 souls and about 75M gold to roll a socket on it. Holy
That fucking bitch steals all your souls and gold.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I would trade that in a second for PC density. As console player Blizzard treats like a red headed step child. I love these bones but I trade them all for density. I am paragon 75 and it takes like 6 hours to level. Takes some of the fun out of the game that kind of grind. It will only get worse. Be nice for blizzard to throw us console gamers a double exp week or 2 also.

aborath

Neo Member
I'm really digging Grave Injustice on my WD. By rushing packs of normal mobs as they're dying, you can assure that your Garg and Fetishes are almost always available for champion/elite/bosses.

Here is my current build. Barely over 400k DPS (the sheet shows me lower for some reason), and I can handle T3 rifts, no problem. I need some more Life on Hit and cooldown reduction, but it's working pretty damn well. This build has finally allowed me to move away from my Spirit Barrage build without feeling like I'm gimping myself. The Wrathful Protector is rediculous.

Sexah
ihMslfb.jpg

mileS

Got some Nemesis Bracers and Ring of Grandeur today. Stats are bad on both, but still happy to have them.

On a sidenote, it has been forever since I got any set items. And I find alot of Legendary items. Are the droprates that much lower? I'll never get my Tal Rasha.

RNG is gonna RNG. I played nothing but my Wizard up until 2 days ago since RoS came out. Just hardcore no life mode doing rifts and bounties. I was lucky to get one firebird set glove. While I watched lots of other people get the 3/4 set (for the two other sets that actually matter)

Play my Barb for a couple hours in the last 2 days. I got 2 Immortal King's pieces now. Just how it is I guess :/ Lamest answer I can come up with is just keep trying. Eventually something will drop.

traveler

Not Wario
Recently just got Tiklandian Visage.

Holy shit, this thing is ridiculously powerful.
(Its special ability: Horrify causes you to Fear and Root enemies around you for 6–8 seconds.)

Elites giving you a hard time? LOL THEY CAN'T DO SHIT
Large swarm of enemies in your way? OH WAIT, THEY'RE TOO SCARED TO MOVE

Combine it with Grave Injustice (and maybe some CDR) and you can have some crazy uptime on it as well.
Good way to stunlock Elites and normal enemies.

Too bad it doesn't really work much on Bosses.

Been using it to great effect on some of our Rift runs though. :D

Just grab one of these now.

Macattk15

Man ...

Buffed drop rates my asshole.

Kadala appears to be the only thing buffed for me. I've actually gotten hardly any legendaries in probably 30-40 Torment 3 rift public games.

Discobird

Oh man Danetta's set is fun. My skills all cost 20% more than with my previous setup since I lost RCR from both hands and 20 discipline from the Nat's bonus, so I'll have to figure something out there... but nothing beats vaulting all over the map like an idiot.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So um, GAF... you remember the time when I said that I put 100 hours into the game and didn't find a set item and that I thought loot 2.0, boa, and the AH removal were a failure? Yeah...about that... I found all 4 pieces of tal rasha's set the past 2 days. The set bonus is freaking legit. All is forgiven Diablo 3, all is forgiven.

ElyrionX

Ditto on not getting socket on Helms anymore.

You want Main stat, Crit chance and skill bonus on your Helm. The skill bonus that the Helm gives is usually your main resource spender and it's usually your main damage dealer. This just leaves one other primary stat and some Legendary helms come with attack speed or +% element damage which you need to keep.

Socket is still a fine option and I would say it's pretty much mandatory for builds that have skills on CD.

The problem with this is that it forces you to stick to one build and for BIS items which you're going to have a hard time replacing, I usually wouldn't re-roll it to fit specific builds.

TheYanger

Does anyone know why Kadala won't give me -any- legendary 1h weapon after 1500 shards? :(

Cause weapons are expensive and it's not that many of them because of it :/
If it were a piece of armor you'd have gone through only 500 shards, and I wouldn't say you should expect one for that either.

Does anyone know why Kadala won't give me -any- legendary 1h weapon after 1500 shards? :(

In the same boat. With most of the rest of my gear claimed for, I'm basically rolling for one of the broken 1h w/ my blood shards.

Also nothing like a Legendary 1H sword to drop, and then you control-mouse over it and mutter at your screen "fucking doombringer"

Nete

I decided to craft some extra gear and play a lightning/holy hybrid build for a bit, just to do something different with the Crusader... and oh god.

Soloing with my Holy build I was stomping Torment 2, doing on a good pace Torment 3 and having problems at Torment 4 due my toughness (part of the reason to craft the extra gear). With this one I'm doing Torment 5 and it feels easier than T4 with the other build, even with almost 200k less paper DPS and much less elemental damage (from +94% holy to 18% holy+17% lightning). Crazy.

Gonna craft another Asheara piece to add some extra followers to this madness. Shame I can't go with permaAC, the way Fissure procs AC-Rally is amazing. I'm spamming Condemns (with BoP) each 1-2 seconds vs elites :D

lt519

I hate the mystic!

She was lovely to me today, only took 5 souls but upgraded my Cindercoat from 2 to 3 sockets and in one re-roll I got my new Raekors Pant's to roll 15% frenzy on the first try! Going for the Raekors complete set, going to be a long road there but I want that complete set bonus. Too bad the pants didn't come rolled well to start with, had to settle for 90+ res all instead of 2 sockets.

I'm really digging Grave Injustice on my WD. By rushing packs of normal mobs as they're dying, you can assure that your Garg and Fetishes are almost always available for champion/elite/bosses.

Here is my current build. Barely over 400k DPS (the sheet shows me lower for some reason), and I can handle T3 rifts, no problem. I need some more Life on Hit and cooldown reduction, but it's working pretty damn well. This build has finally allowed me to move away from my Spirit Barrage build without feeling like I'm gimping myself. The Wrathful Protector is rediculous.

Sexah
ihMslfb.jpg
That's so sick. WD at about 240k dps. I needs that gear eventually!

GorillaJu

The +1% health pot bonus healing you get on Wrathful is kind of underrated. Wrathful is a little unhelpful on it's own when you get to higher difficulties but when I opened my stats and realized I had 75k in health globe bonus, that +1% is an extra 750 health per wrath, which almost doubles Wrathful's power. Pop AC and I'm at 2.25 APS, so with hammer spam that's healing over 32000 hp per second.

cdyhybrid

GOaH0xD.jpg

Is 30% to blind worth it? Does it apply to AOE attacks? I'm running a Lashing Tail Kick: Scorpion Sting and Sweeping Wind: Cyclone build, so if it can proc on anything it might be a pretty damn nice addition to the stuns from Scorpion Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom