• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the addition of +% element damage affixes but I don't like how it sort of pigeonholes you into sticking the the build you're in. I stopped playing my lightning wizard for a bit because all the +% lightning damage affixes on my gear meant that any other spec would instantly be inferior.

V_Arnold

Need to re roll something on my weapon for a socket, 1200 arcane damage or 5% cooldown reduction? Thinking arcane as I don't use any arcane skills.

That 1200 arcane damage is part of your weapon dps and has nothing to with your skill damages. So you can only reroll that into other elemental/physical damage types, and thus would not be able to get a socket.

5% CDR -> socket that has to be.

jersoc

got a nice 99% CHD on my MLW. took 12 rerolls so not too bad.
found a wand that boosts spectre blades by 27%.
finally after a week i got an upgrade for my bracers. after spending 2500 shards one drops. go figure.

the search for a woh continues, however.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
soj.jpg

Just gotten a SoJ. Should I reroll the +80-152 damage to Crit.chance or wait for my Wand of Woh to drop and reroll Cold % to Fire %?

Also, compared to my rare ring, it resulted in a huge loss in dps, probably less when it's rerolled to Crit chance, but still. Is the 28% against elite worth it? Elite doesn't include the white minions, champion packs, uniques and bosses right?

Reroll the dmg modifier to CD or CH depending on what you need.

V_Arnold

Sorry, keep your pigeon holed character builds. If I want elemental affix damage, it won't be on my rings. I want those as versitale as possible. They are the hardest part in the kit to upgrade.

Even factoring in versatility, you would still be wiser to reroll the +damage because it is so little compared to CHD.

Either, way, since both +elemental damage and +damage number have rolled on it, you could not mold it into a "properly versatile" ring, that is just reality. You will, however, make it weaker for a potential cold build (or hell, anything that even uses ONE cold spell) if you reroll that into CHD instead of rerolling +damage number into CHD.

foamdino

I just got to Adria and was doing fine - she was at about half health (or a little under) and then nearly full health to dead in seconds.

I think I need to optimize my build a little

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/foamdino-2446/hero/39408238

I have terrible rng luck (with all rng based games), so my gear isn't the best :) I'm hoping there's some synergy I'm missing between gear and skills - I'm playing Crusader and I can manage Expert (well until this Adria fight)

Any hints gratefully accepted.

robochimp

I just got to Adria and was doing fine - she was at about half health (or a little under) and then nearly full health to dead in seconds.

I think I need to optimize my build a little

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/foamdino-2446/hero/39408238

I have terrible rng luck (with all rng based games), so my gear isn't the best :) I'm hoping there's some synergy I'm missing between gear and skills - I'm playing Crusader and I can manage Expert (well until this Adria fight)

Any hints gratefully accepted.

When you hit a wall pre level 70 just lower the difficulty. You'll be replacing gear a lot on the way.

Nete

Is there any spots to farm the white Ascended Shield? I want to make the Hollowed shield for my Shotgun Crusader, but I cant seem to find fuckin any. An hour of hitting the Battlefields netted me basically everything but the shield.

Are you in US, I guess? If you are EU, I have three mules with only Ascended Shields on their inventory and I wouldn't mind to give you one or a dozen.

If you are US, I would recommend you to search a vendor selling it. In my case, was the guy that spawns in the Scabbard bounty quest in act 1. Actually, while searching how the hell the bounty was called I've found a guide to get Shields with that bounty as *the* method.

Sanctuary

You know, I'm sure some random will spout "RNG" but it truly seems like Blizzard stealth nerfed the rift "hotfix" back to levels it was before the buff.

Prior to the buff, I'd see some kind of drop (set or legendary) at least once every hour and a half to two hours (the "pity" drop). This isn't just some random guess either, that's what I was getting for about ten days until the hotfix.

After the hotfix, a few friends and I spent twelve hours doing rifts averaging around 12min when you factor the horrible levels that you just look for the exit. I ended up with 23 set/legendary drops (almost all of which were disenchanted).

Played for eight hours yesterday and saw 4 drops.
Played for six hours today and saw 3 drops.

Got some one hand sword last night, gift of something (sorry I don't recall exact name). It had over 2200 damage and I wanted a socket. I 're-rolled cold damage and got a socket first try to only realize it took the sword damage down to 400. I really should pay more attention to these things. Luckily I thought to use on wizard so I rolled again and got arcane damage but it doesn't have as much damage as before. The sword has really nice stats with attack speed and movement speed as well.

Anyone else have stories of almost or all out ruining items?

Kyoufu

The lack of a good weapon on my Barb is frustrating. I'm playing 18 hours a day every day and the RNG gods do not wish to reward me.
LLShC.gif

potam

Banned
So...I just bought the game and have had to close the game out through task manager about 5-8 times now after losing connection to the servers. This is getting fucking ridiculous

Yaari

V1IvLeT.png

Can someone throw me some suggestions. I found this by accident and I don't really know what to do with it. I'm playing a Wizard. What stats should I replace, and for what?

I currently use a Azurewrath but I dont know how it stacks up against this.

Kajlaurent

Neo Member
V1IvLeT.png

Can someone throw me some suggestions. I found this by accident and I don't really know what to do with it. I'm playing a Wizard. What stats should I replace, and for what?

I currently use a Azurewrath but I dont know how it stacks up against this.

Or reroll vitality in AS or reroll the damage on it. Its already awesome though :p

Hupsel

Wait isnt thunferdury that WoW sword that people spam every second in chat? Damn I still have to get the xp... dunno if I can wait for the ps4 version...

Yaari

Or reroll vitality in AS or reroll the damage on it. Its already awesome though :p

Yeah I'm not sure. I figure Vit is not something I am looking for on a weapon, and rerolling damage will help alot but there is so much in that first slot, it will not be easy to get a good roll I guess.

I also don't know what build to even use with it.

Tarazet

Ran some rifts on Torment with my Monk, a WD and a Crusader last night. Got the new Inna's pants and combined it with a level 60 Inna's belt I got after the patch. With double Unity buff + Transgression + attack speed Law, was showing 1M DPS and our WD was tw-shotting champions with his big mook.

Calibus

Getting disconnected quite a bit within the past week or so. Anything the end-users can so on their end to help stabilize connection, or is it all Blizz?

The Cowboy

Kadala was wonderful to me before the buff to her, now she hates me and always gives me junk :(. Even my Rift runs have gotten terrible, not just in drops but in mobs aswell, they're so sparse and empty with some horrid layouts.

Cipherr

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FbIpWmA.png

Whelp.... I mean, people will normally use that ring for the bonus alone at the expense of good rolls on the ring itself... But getting rolls like that on that ring is just cheating. Grats.

Kyoufu

I'm convinced my Kadala is bugged. Haven't gotten a single legendary from her in 3 days. Did they accidentally nerf her instead of buffing her?

Dahbomb

I'm convinced my Kadala is bugged. Haven't gotten a single legendary from her in 3 days. Did they accidentally nerf her instead of buffing her?
Not really got 3 Legendaries from her yesterday night.

Also pro tip for all those gamblers out there... please don't use a Monk to try to roll an Andariels. Monk has a crap ton of Legendary Spirit stones that are competing in that slot. Try to gamble using a lvl70 DH instead.

On the opposite side, if you want to a Cindercoat use a Monk instead of DH as they have a few cloaks that are competing in that slot.

Belgorim

Are there any known bugs with the mystic enchanting?

I have two similar shields, one of them does not seem to be able to get resistance to all elements. The other one already has +90.

Dahbomb

Are there any known bugs with the mystic enchanting?

I have two similar shields, one of them does not seem to be able to get resistance to all elements. The other one already has +90.
Does one shield have a secondary resistance (like cold resistance)? If so that's your answer right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom