• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to re roll vitality into a socket on a leg weapon I picked up. Have had the materials to attempt it 9 times tonight and 7/9 times my only options were vitality. FFS.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/FbIpWmA.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="toastyToast, post: 107900304"]It's even got my Monk's resist [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YVOtEEK.png

Lightning's the way to go for monk, I'd say! I was sitting down trying to decide last night and that's what I went with. There aren't many fixed single resist rolls on legendaries at 70. One exception is thundergod's vigor which has lightning as a special legendary affix - allows rolling all resist on it at the same time.

Dahbomb

Trying to re roll vitality into a socket on a leg weapon I picked up. Have had the materials to attempt it 9 times tonight and 7/9 times my only options were vitality. FFS.
I have said this many times before but I will say it again.

Certain stats are weighted higher in the Enchant list than others. Main stat and Vitality are rated the highest... crit stats the lowest. It's way easier to get main stat on an item than getting crit.

This is not confirmed by Blizzard yet (they probably will once enough people ask about it) but I am willing to bet that's how it works. Would be nice to get a word on it.

Lightning's the way to go for monk, I'd say! I was sitting down trying to decide last night and that's what I went with. There aren't many fixed single resist rolls on legendaries at 70. One exception is thundergod's vigor which has lightning as a special legendary affix - allows rolling all resist on it at the same time.
Poison is second best due to Andariel's. But people don't want All Res on their Helm anyway.

Certain stats are weighted higher in the Enchant list than others. Main stat and Vitality are rated the highest... crit stats the lowest. It's way easier to get main stat on an item than getting crit.

This is not confirmed by Blizzard yet (they probably will once enough people ask about it) but I am willing to bet that's how it works. Would be nice to get a word on it.

Oh I definitely am aware and understand that. Just venting my frustration. I would have felt better if it had even just given me options like resource reductions etc more often, getting all 3 options as vit so many times just frustrated me.

Ring of Royal Grandeur only drops from Act 1 caches right?

Yup, act 1.

I'm hyped off of that drop. No where close to putting it to use, but when the time comes, aw yeah!

That's where the idea came from initially. I found Thundergod's Vigor at level 70 then took it to the mystic to see what I could do with it, come to find I could have over 250 resists on one item. That sealed the deal. I used poison pre RoS so I could take advantage of Andariel's Visage for similar reasons although that's pretty funny now since I was trying to utilize only an extra 50 resist.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Poison is second best due to Andariel's. But people don't want All Res on their Helm anyway.

Oh yeah, crit stats and cooldown reduction are definitely more rare I'd say.

Good point about the Andariel's. Very useful proc.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FbIpWmA.png

Yeah, I'll just go sit in the corner... :(

QfjErxk.png

Majine

Banned
Been grouping up with people for Torment 1, and it's going pretty good but I feel like i'm in the backseat, nomsayin'? I have around 600K DPS.

Sanctuary

I'm convinced my Kadala is bugged. Haven't gotten a single legendary from her in 3 days. Did they accidentally nerf her instead of buffing her?

I ended up rolling my first (and only) three legendary chests off of her yesterday. All within 200 shards. Two of them were pure crap though, and the third was barely an upgrade over my rare.

4k shards though and not a single weapon.

So I got my crusader to 59, leveled entirely in adventure mode. How should I go about getting my guaranteed pre-60 legs from the 4 act bosses? Ask someone to start a game and invite me in? Assuming they're level 70, will the monsters remain at level 70 if they leave? Or if they help out, will it be a level 70 game? Is there any reason to play in T1 or should I just stick with normal?

scy

Ring of Royal Grandeur is too good. :( Been farming it since launch and still no sight of it.

I got one or two on launch but it was awful. I've been farming ever since. Finally saw another yesterday but it still only had 6% IAS and no CC/CD/Damage. It did have a socket, though, so fuck it that's good enough for now.

Time to still farm Act 1 bounties.

Dahbomb

I wish I had enough good set pieces to make use of a Royal Ring. Right now all I have are 3 pieces of Blackthorne and a bunch of one set items.

RS4-

Yeah, not too bummed about the missing 80-100 int. The real crime is that it isn't dex for my monk.

But yeah, I'd use it anyway across all classes when I roll the CC.

scy

I wish I had enough good set pieces to make use of a Royal Ring. Right now all I have are 3 pieces of Blackthorne and a bunch of one set items.

Craft two pieces of Aughild's (Shoulders, Bracers most likely) as that's probably the easiest set to just randomly slot in with the best set of bonuses in my opinion (-7% Melee/Ranged, -15%/+15% Elite).

Speaking of, back to farming those mats because this game hates me.

Yeah, not too bummed about the missing 80-100 int. The real crime is that it isn't dex for my monk.

oh god

I'm sorry

Blizzard really needs to implement a thing where if you kill like 100 enemies on a bounty the objective shows up on your map. There is nothing more un-fun then being unable to find a dungeon or a target even after you clear 80%+ of it.

Most of the time it shows up but those times when it doesn't .... argh!

scy

Blizzard really needs to implement a thing where if you kill like 100 enemies on a bounty the objective shows up on your map. There is nothing more un-fun then being unable to find a dungeon or a target even after you clear 80%+ of it.

Most of the time it shows up but those times when it doesn't .... argh!

Field of Misery, Dalghur Oasis, Desolate Sands, etc. areas without the "hey dumbass" arrow makes me sad.

Dahbomb

Craft two pieces of Aughild's (Shoulders, Bracers most likely) as that's probably the easiest set to just randomly slot in with the best set of bonuses in my opinion (-7% Melee/Ranged, -15%/+15% Elite).

Speaking of, back to farming those mats because this game hates.
I kinda want Reaper Wraps as my Bracers slot. Not only that but I am hoping for Ancient Parthan Defenders with Lightning and Crit which would be stupid good on a Lightning Monk. There are other good Bracer options too like Searing Bonds. I just haven't gotten around to gambling/crafting bracers.

That said I would very much like to get the Asheara pants, Boots and Shoulder combo. Right now I basically have Rares for that slot so I am looking to upgrade them. I will start crafting them once I have finished with my gems (done with Emeralds, almost done with Diamonds) and enchants. Really though my bottleneck right now is gold and mats especially yellows. I have all the gems I need now, a ton of Forgotten Souls and many blues/death breaths.

scy

I kinda want Reaper Wraps as my Bracers slot. Not only that but I am hoping for Ancient Parthan Defenders with Lightning and Crit which would be stupid good on a Lightning Monk. There are other good Bracer options too like Searing Bonds. I just haven't gotten around to gambling/crafting bracers.

Well, the other options are Chest (Cindercoat) and Helm (Andariel's) so you're left with shoulder and bracers for the most part. I think the bonuses from the set are good enough to warrant them over most stuff since it's hard to get a good amount of those stats. If nothing else, it replaces my Strongarm option pretty easily :x Assuming I roll a decent pair, anyway...

Yeah, Oasis is what prompted me to post that.

Clear The Flooded Cav--fuck it resetting bounties.

eek5

The lack of a good weapon on my Barb is frustrating. I'm playing 18 hours a day every day and the RNG gods do not wish to reward me.
LLShC.gif

I don't have a good weapon on any of my chars. Best weapon I've gotten so far is a 2400 dps flying dragon (2h)... lol.....

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom