• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After thousands of shards... Kadala finally gave me a legendary!

p2ZDCLV.jpg

What happens if you are using whirlwind when that whirlwind proc triggers?

Dahbomb

The Lightning Monk DREAM BUILD uses the following items:

Weapons:

WKL
Thunderfury/Odyn Son/Shard of Hate

Armor:

Chest - Inna's Chest
Belt - Thundergod's Vigor
Head - Eye of the Storm or Andariel's
Pants - Inna's Pants
Gloves - Fist of Thunder (new Monk set)
Boots - Eight Demon Boots (new Monk set)
Shoulders - Upside Down Sinners (new Monk set)
Bracers - Ancient Parthan Defenders

Jewelry

Wyrmward or Stone of Jordan
Royal Ring of Grandeur
Amulet - Vex for the Shadow Clones when you stun

Maximum possible Lightning damage from gear along with chance to stun from Lightning damage which results in more toughness and Shadow clone procs.

The Fire Monk DREAM build which is much easier to obtain (I am like half way there already, more if you count that I can already craft some Sets).

Weapons:

Burning Axe of Sankis
Devastator

Jewelry:

Ring of Royal Grandeur
Band of the Rue Chambers or Stone of Jordan
Amulet - Moonlight Ward if it isn't fixed otherwise any Amulet with Fire damage works

Armor:

Head - Andariel's or Gyana Na Kushu
Chest - Cindercoat
Gloves - Magefist
Belt - Inna's Belt
Pants - Inna's Pants
Boots - Asheara's Boots or Ice Climbers
Shoulders - Asheara's Shoulders or Aughilds
Bracers - Reapers Wraps or Lacuni Prowlers or Strong Arm Bracers or Aughilds

Is there a known bug for the Act 3 bounty "Protect the medical camp?" I'm standing at the way point but nothing is happening. Seems like it's not triggering.

Totakeke

So among the A1 specific loot I have..

3x Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
5x Sanguinary Vambraces
3x Golden Gorget of Leoric
2x Mad's Monarch Scepter
1x Royal Ring of Grandeur

And I got a third of those these three days, others over a couple of weeks. RNG :/

What crafted set has the most useful 3 piece bonus for a Monk? I'm thinking it's Captain Crimson. I made decent Cain boots but I don't think I need the extra attack speed

traveler

Not Wario
Speaking of good weapons, I crafted a Golden Scourge:

It'll go nicely with all those white shields Kadala gave me.

Was going to ask about this specifically the other day after trying your earlier builds- do you think going for this over a good Skycutter is worth it? I assume boosted smite will perform better than zeal, but I also assumed zeal was just in there for the speed at which you could regain wrath- even if smite outputted marginally higher dps thanks to the Scourge, would zeal still be the better choice? I have a decent skycutter already, but I also have the scourge plan, so I could pursue it.

Dahbomb

What crafted set has the most useful 3 piece bonus for a Monk? I'm thinking it's Captain Crimson. I made decent Cain boots but I don't think I need the extra attack speed
Depends on your build.

Captain Crimson is good if you are using a cooldown heavy spec. You might also want to invest in the Born set.

Otherwise Asheara and Aughilds are very good all around sets. Aughilds is a bit better for Monks because if you have been stacking resistances then you don't need the bonus from Asheara.

scy

Was going to ask about this specifically the other day after trying your earlier builds- do you think going for this over a good Skycutter is worth it? I assume boosted smite will perform better than zeal, but I also assumed zeal was just in there for the speed at which you could regain wrath- even if smite outputted marginally higher dps thanks to the Scourge, would zeal still be the better choice? I have a decent skycutter already, but I also have the scourge plan, so I could pursue it.

I don't have a Skycutter because this game doesn't actually want me to be playing a Crusader. Golden Scourge is the only other +Holy Skill% Weapon (I think) so it's basically my temporary solution until the game graces me with something.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't have a Skycutter because this game doesn't actually want me to be playing a Crusader. Golden Scourge is the only other +Holy Skill% Weapon (I think) so it's basically my temporary solution until the game graces me with something.

Yeah, those are the only two.

Guess I could just farm up the mats and test the two against one another. Worst case, I'll be down some farm and mats. I have a decent Armor of the kind regent as well, so as long as I'm not rocking the akkhan set, I might as well go for 14 target smites.

Also need to check the proc damage on the angel. Doesn't seem anywhere near as good as the max demon, but I suspect it's still decent.

Still pouring all my shards into shields. Akarat's Awakening seems like the single biggest potential build changer to me.

Sothpaw

Yay Blade of Prophecy with 2,725 dps, str, cdr and socket. My crusader finally feels pretty strong. All condemned enemies now also cause a condemn explosion.

traveler

Not Wario
I tried doing this but then Kadala gave me white Crusader Shields so I figured it wasn't actually meant to be.

I got 3 white crusader shields and no legs in one dump of 500. Next dump, I got 4 legs, including the slightly better Jekangboard I'm using now. I have faith that I'll get it eventually, although it does seem like it's one of the least common shields.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Feel like I've just been spinning my wheels the last couple of days. Gained a bunch of Paragon levels, but no loot to speak of.

Here's my guy right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zefah-1313/hero/4085764

Trying out a fire-focused build, and damage is OK. I can farm Tier 1 pretty well, but my defense is too low for tier 2 in general. Really not sure where to go from here. Seems like I can't find any items that to replace my current gear with heavily compromising an important stat.

Firemind

I tried doing this but then Kadala gave me white Crusader Shields so I figured it wasn't actually meant to be.

I gave up on gambling shields. My dream now is to craft the crusader shield with reduced Shield Bash cost. I tried Pound on single targets and dear god this is just what the doctor ordered. Goodbye, Fires of Heaven, I hardly knew ya!

Dahbomb

Feel like I've just been spinning my wheels the last couple of days. Gained a bunch of Paragon levels, but no loot to speak of.

Here's my guy right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zefah-1313/hero/4085764

Trying out a fire-focused build, and damage is OK. I can farm Tier 1 pretty well, but my defense is too low for tier 2 in general. Really not sure where to go from here. Seems like I can't find any items that to replace my current gear with heavily compromising an important stat.

No sockets in your Chest/Pant slots is a big oversight. Rectify immediately. Fill them with diamonds for a dramatic toughness boost.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No sockets in your Chest/Pant slots is a big oversight. Rectify immediately. Fill them with diamonds for a dramatic toughness boost.

I really need to just replace the Tyrael's Might now that I have enough Paragon points to get the run speed I need. Just haven't found a chest piece that's much better. I want to replace the % life on the Jousting Mail with slots, but I need to get more of those legendary souls to enchant them.

Realyn

Got some free time this weekend and think I'll have a look at RoS. I'm not expecting much since I actually loved the original grindy D3(except all those exploits). Still, I know what's waiting for me and It looks like it'll be fun for some hours.

What should I pay for a online cd key only version? Any recommendations where to buy it?

The Cowboy

This is annoying me now, i now have 10 angelic shards and still no plan to use them /cries. Just 1 plan please bliz, just 1 - I'll give you 9 angelic shards for it :D.

SRTtoZ

How are you guys getting Shard of Hate? Rifts? Gambling?

Its pretty random. I got mine from a Hell rift off a random chest. It completely changed my Barb.

This is him as of today, still need a solid helm with a socket and the other big thing is I'd like to replace my Fulminator with a 2200+ DPS Thunderfury. I'm also running a Blackthornes 4 set which makes farming T3 a bit easier with the set bonuses.

scy

Why do you want bad rings?

Because getting the Grandeur Ring meant I get +3% IAS, 3% Armor, +3% Damage debuff, bonus Crowd Control, 1.8% Crit Chance, 3% Damage buff when critting, 1.8 Wrath/sec, two bonus Heals, 15% Reduced Elite Damage, and 15% Increased Damage to Elites. Being able to complete multiple sets with a single item slot is one of the best bonuses possible as it "breaks" a game mechanic, so to speak. If I figure out a way to get another set in there, it'll get some bonus All Resist, and Resource Reduction most likely since it'd be the Crimson set.

Besides that, most the Armor slots don't have gamechanging Legendary affixes.

potam

Banned
ugh, the game's becoming nearly unplayable. I lost my crusader at lvl 16 :(

I'll randomly get these huge lag spikes, half of which I never recover from and have to relaunch the game. When I died, I was lagged out but I kept running around (I didn't realize I was lagging), and when everything came back, I was off fighting somewhere off screen and died.

I've been reading the forums, but there doesn't seem to be any official response. Anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Macattk15

I cleared an entire rift and there weren't enough mobs in it to summon the Rift Guardian. Nowhere to go except the wayshrine back to town ....

Cool. That is pretty fucking annoying.

The Cowboy

I cleared an entire rift and there weren't enough mobs in it to summon the Rift Guardian. Nowhere to go except the wayshrine back to town ....

Cool.
I had this happen yesterday in a T1 Rift, i had 3 levels in the Rift and 2 had hardly any enemies in them (1 was pretty much a single long corridor). i didn't even make it to a 3rd of the bar for the summoning - i searched every single part of all 3 levels and there was no other things to kill so i just ported out..

Such a waste of Rift stones.

Macattk15

I had this happen yesterday in a T1 Rift, i had 3 levels in the Rift and 2 had hardly any enemies in them (1 was pretty much a single long corridor). i didn't even make it to a 3rd of the bar for the summoning - i searched every single part of all 3 levels and there was no other things to kill so i just ported out..

Such a waste of Rift stones.

Stupid.

I'm at 99% of the bar full though ... just not a single mob left. Very dumb.

Firemind

ugh, the game's becoming nearly unplayable. I lost my crusader at lvl 16 :(

I'll randomly get these huge lag spikes, half of which I never recover from and have to relaunch the game. When I died, I was lagged out but I kept running around (I didn't realize I was lagging), and when everything came back, I was off fighting somewhere off screen and died.

I've been reading the forums, but there doesn't seem to be any official response. Anyone know what I can do to fix it?

It takes from 10 seconds up to about half a minute for Blizzard to register you disconnecting from the Internet. You can try to kill your Internet connection in the hopes Blizzard's servers will boot you off earlier, but if this happens regularly, you might want to check your ISP and see if the fault lies on their side.

I'm not sure which is better to do for my wizard:

Item with +15% skill damage

or

Item with 2 sockets of topaz(currently only have (2) 160 int. topaz)

Dahbomb

I'm not sure which is better to do for my wizard:

Item with +15% skill damage

or

Item with 2 sockets of topaz(currently only have (2) 160 int. topaz)
The answer is you want both on the same item ideally (these are Pants from your description) but since Wizards don't use their primary skills that often it's better to go with the socketed item.

The answer is you want both on the same item ideally (these are Pants from your description) but since Wizards don't use their primary skills that often it's better to go with the socketed item.

Yeah, they're just some rare pants. I'm actually doing a melee build with spectral blades, though

Firemind

I gave up on gambling shields. My dream now is to craft the crusader shield with reduced Shield Bash cost. I tried Pound on single targets and dear god this is just what the doctor ordered. Goodbye, Fires of Heaven, I hardly knew ya!

Never mind. Pound seems to whiff an awful lot.

FFS how hard is it to copy pasta D2's Smite into D3's game engine? What was the point of the beta if you're not going to iron these basic skill mechanics out?

Maybe they were trying to be ironic. Smite in D2 never missed, so in fairness Shield Bash should miss half the time. For the lols.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Curse this ring. So many caches open now w/ no drop :(

If it's any consolation, it took me somewhere around 100 caches to get it. Probably more. In my experience, the legendary droprate from these things is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom