• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY IT'S PRETTY FAST

On a slightly related note I realized this morning that the belt that makes your war cry give you a 10 second sprint stacks with the actual sprint skill. With that in mind I bought/rerolled some crap gear to get 50% CDR (which means 100% uptime on the war cry sprint) and I am Sonic as fuck now. On top of that I have the multiple leap boots and with that much CDR leap only has a 5 second cooldown.

It's become my official "normal cache farming" build. I can run/leap across maps in fucking no time at all. It's amazing.

Ashodin

No Royal Grandeur yet, but I got this

w6N29mv.png

Damn good sanguinary.

traveler

Not Wario
Never mind. Pound seems to whiff an awful lot.

FFS how hard is it to copy pasta D2's Smite into D3's game engine? What was the point of the beta if you're not going to iron these basic skill mechanics out?

Maybe they were trying to be ironic. Smite in D2 never missed, so in fairness Shield Bash should miss half the time. For the lols.

Both D3 Smite and Shield Bash feel "off". Smite feels piddly in general and that range is straight up terrible- might as well be melee without the rune.

I can't tell when Shield Bash hits/doesn't hit if I don't see the numbers and the run connected to it is pretty wonky.

Numbers aside, both need some work.

scy

Both D3 Smite and Shield Bash feel "off". Smite feels piddly in general and that range is straight up terrible- might as well be melee without the rune.

I've had Armor of the Kind Regent forever. I played a Smite build for a solid few days straight.

I have no idea if that affix actually works.

I can't tell when Shield Bash hits/doesn't hit if I don't see the numbers and the run connected to it is pretty wonky.

Shield Bash a target that is walking away is the most frustrating experience in the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
FUCK. I need a maximus on my Crusader, and one just drops while I'm on my WD. Int with no socket, so I can't make it useable. God dammit.

Kadin

So are people still whipping through Normal to get more quicker or is it more beneficial now to slow down and run t1+? I can get through t1 fairly quick but not like Normal.

I really do love this game all over again. The end game is really just so much better than it was before ROS. Going back and forth between my Crusader and Wizard and I plan to still level my Barb up there too. Never even played the Monk or Witch Docter so I have plenty to keep me busy. I am rather interested in trying a WD, looks like fun.

jblank83

So are people still whipping through Normal to get more quicker or is it more beneficial now to slow down and run t1+? I can get through t1 fairly quick but not like Normal.

T1+ rifts are the new farming grounds, due to the legendary drop rate buff in rifts.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK. I need a maximus on my Crusader, and one just drops while I'm on my WD. Int with no socket, so I can't make it useable. God dammit.

Try Kadala, got one off of her. Not the greatest roll, but the fire damage + INSANE damage from the fire chains is worth it. Seriously one of the best procs in the game, not as faceroll as TF/SoH because you actually have to mind your positioning, but when I pop Judgement with 80% crit rune and the demon is on the other side of whatever I'm trying to kill it's /gg. It melts rift bosses, even.

scy

If you can do them at roughly the same pace, no reason to not jump up to T2/T3/T4 as your kill speed supports it.

scy

Disclaimer: scy can do T5 with his andy's

Hahaha

I'm actually probably going to give it to my Wizard since the game hates Crusaders and clearly wants me playing her instead. I can basically build a full Fire Wizard setup sans the Magefist / Mirrorball since I have 20% Andariel, Cindercoat, Burning Axe, etc.

I'll just continue trying to gamble one because that'll clearly work.

Edit: So ashodin

The saltiest Forgotten Soul to exist.

Dec

I just started playing again since quitting the first week or two of release and I guess I was working on the staff of herding but never finished it. I need one more material, the Gibbering Gemstone and apparently last month it became bugged so that instead of being a 100% drop from a rare mob, it is a rare drop from a rare mob.

Seems to be 40% chance the dungeon spawns, 5% chance the mob spawns, 5% chance she drops the mat.

I'm thinking it's not worth finishing it until it's fixed?

Ashodin

Hahaha

I'm actually probably going to give it to my Wizard since the game hates Crusaders and clearly wants me playing her instead. I can basically build a full Fire Wizard setup sans the Magefist / Mirrorball since I have 20% Andariel, Cindercoat, Burning Axe, etc.

I'll just continue trying to gamble one because that'll clearly work.

Edit: So ashodin

The saltiest Forgotten Soul to exist.
Oooooh shit I've got more salt coming out of me than this entire gym I'm at Fuuuuuck

Realyn

I know I know ... I'm about a month late to the party, but hey ;p. Bought RoP earlier this evening because I had some time to kill and Just finished a1 with a Wizzard on Master. Almost as expected I have very mixed feelings about the game.

Bottom line: I think for the millions of people who bought D3 on release the game has become much much better with RoP. Sadly not for me, since I actually liked the grind heavy stupid as shit release D3.

I've went relatively blind into RoP but the one thing I knew about was "Loot 2.0"/"Smart Drops". While I like the overall idea of cutting useless junk rares it went abit too far in my (short) experience. Basically everything is a upgrade. Oh? Butcher dropped rare shoulders? Check if they have any main stats on them - if they do equip, since they'll be a upgrade. No need to compare anything at all.
Please don't get me wrong. I understand that I'm talking about A1 here and endgame will be different. Still, so far I don't really like this change. It basically changed "Loot 2.0" into "Loot Autopilot" for me.

Difficulty. I'll give it to you - release Inferno was stupid. Yet it had something special for me. You litteraly were to scared to progress past A2 Inferno because you were scared of stupid bees. We all know what happened then, goblins. Did it go a bit too far with gob farming? Yeah sure. But overall I liked the dynamic of farming up.
I understand why that had to be changed. Some damage spikes just were off. What I'm really dissapointed about is the removal of whole game mechanics. The fire in Halls of Agony barely tickles, falling trees don't deal much damage either and then there is the removal of complete monster affixes.
Again, I know that I've just finished A1, yet I hoped for more difficulty playing on Master/Torment 1 with the removal of nightmare/hell/inferno and added slider difficulties.

Overall I had fun for the last 2 hours and that's what counts. I'll play to 70 and then ... let's see. I feel like the Diablo franchise is back where it belongs: Killing shit, looting stuff and pleasing the "casual"(I hate that word, but it's appropriate here)gamer.

scy

Wouldn't you gain dps if you changed the CC on the one you're currently using into CHD?

If I recall, it's ~1% better sheet at 45% or so. A perfect +Damage roll is better than them all I think too.

I ran out of Imperial Topazes so I said fuck it.

I've went relatively blind into RoP but the one thing I knew about was "Loot 2.0"/"Smart Drops". While I like the overall idea of cutting useless junk rares it went abit too far in my (short) experience. Basically everything is a upgrade. Oh? Butcher dropped rare shoulders? Check if they have any main stats on them - if they do equip, since they'll be a upgrade. No need to compare anything at all.
Please don't get me wrong. I understand that I'm talking about A1 here and endgame will be different. Still, so far I don't really like this change. It basically changed "Loot 2.0" into "Loot Autopilot" for me.

Yeah, this isn't really the case once you get real gear. Plus, the sheet isn't the most reliable indicator of actual DPS.

Dahbomb

The game starts out by handing you upgrades at a frequent pace. At lvl70 you get big upgrades fast on the hour. Then you start receiving upgrades after hours of farming. After you receive those upgrades, those hours turn to days. Then days turn to weeks before you get an upgrade.

Pretty standard for an ARPG really. At least you can force an upgrade by enchanting values to max stats... but there is no two ways around it you have to grind to get the good stuff.

And if you want a challenge turn up difficulty to Torment 6 when you unlock it. It will give you the thrill of being one shotted by flame traps or off screen tongue attacks that were classic of launch day D3.

neoism

Lightning's the way to go for monk, I'd say! I was sitting down trying to decide last night and that's what I went with. There aren't many fixed single resist rolls on legendaries at 70. One exception is thundergod's vigor which has lightning as a special legendary affix - allows rolling all resist on it at the same time.

k man what you think I need to do with my monk
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357
ibbWHw5ejZDoOY.bmp

DustinC

Since we're reminiscing about original Inferno difficulty....Fuck those Act 2 wasps. I will stop what I'm doing to kill every single one I see nowadays.

The Cowboy

Good lord is this level Rift farming heaven, so many things to kill and a lovely layout to follow. I got 3 legs, 2 set pieces and a forgotten soul in this 1 area, i want this area every Rift :D.
Also tried out spirit barrage, spirit walk, haunt, swam and pets setup, man it that fun - you just never run out of mana and deal a crap ton of damage (things just seem to melt),

I just started playing, never played Diablo before. picked up the expansion as well and i've started a witch doctor.

Any tips or tricks for a beginner?

My main issue is equipment, when should I be vendoring, when should I be salvaging, and should I already be focusing on levelling up the blacksmithing stuff or crafting gear?

Card Boy

Banned
wow i just got kicked from a game when we where about to finish a rift because i had a 2hander weapon with no slots on my wizard. Fuck that lobby.

After another night of god awful legendary drops I'm swearing that I'm done with the game. Again. Until tomorrow morning most likely.

I'm starting to have bad memories of my FFXI days. But it's not like I'll stick with this game for nine years. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom