• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobro

May someone gear critique my monk? Profile and detailed stats.
I have another helmet that gives me more health but I lose out on the LTK bonus and LOH. That pants in the inventory has vitality and LPS and I'll have these stats with them on.
I'm trying to get Eye of the Storm from Kadala but had no luck so far; only got two The Laws of Seph.

Edit: Currently on my phone. Prior to switching my helm and pants, I was able to do T1 rifts without a problem. I haven't tried with the switch because it was getting late.

LowParry

Anyone been getting the error

""The application encountered an unexpected error."" ?

It happens some days and others not but it's kind of getting annoying at this point.

RS4-

My monk: here

Waiting for blizz to say something about the %dmg before I do anything with my TF. Got the near perfect grandeur on my follower.

Earlier got a socketed sankis from Kadala for my Wiz.

I hate to complain.. but I swear drop rates have been nerfed back.

I averaged less than 1 leg per hour tonight over 8 hours of speed clearing T3 rifts with my group.

Anyone else noticing similar results?

Also, 300 paragon levels and over 20k shards gambled and no krider shot :(
Gotten every bow at least twice from Kadala aside from Krider.

Zaptruder

Banned

I averaged less than 1 leg per hour tonight over 8 hours of speed clearing T3 rifts with my group.

It's very spiky... but overall definetly much higher than prepatch. I'm getting legs about 2-3 times faster than I was before.

Sometimes I'll go a couple hours without seeing one, and then other times, I'll get 4 drops in a single rift run.

Lain

I got a Warzechian Armguards from Kadala and wanted to get some fire% on it to bump my Magic Missile+Conflagration rune dmg up, but ended up getting cold% after many rerolls so I gave up and switched my Magic Missile to Glacial Spike rune, which I must say I'm liking. I just wish there was a way to add penetration to it, becuase that's the best part of Conflagration.
I also tried to get a Magic Missile% on the Mirrorball in place of the Devastation%, but ended up getting a Hydra%, which I guess in a way works out, since I re-started using it after this last buff to it and I guess this too works out because of my love for Elemental Exposure.

It's very spiky... but overall definetly much higher than prepatch. I'm getting legs about 2-3 times faster than I was before.

Sometimes I'll go a couple hours without seeing one, and then other times, I'll get 4 drops in a single rift run.

I just read on the official forums that a lot of people are feeling the same way I am at the moment. Not sure if its just RNG anecdotal or what.

Kadin

I would have agreed until earlier tonight when I got 6... yes SIX legs from one rift. Mind you it was huge and I covered it 100% but it was easily the best run I've ever had on my own with T1. But yeah beyond that lucky run, it's pretty meh the last week or so.

I just read on the official forums that a lot of people are feeling the same way I am at the moment. Not sure if its just RNG anecdotal or what.

Just checked my clan page. While I am having terrible luck another man in my clan doing the same runs I have has found 27 legs in 8 hours compared to my 4.

So fucking weird.

lt519

I haven't gotten a single legendary from Kadala in what must be 1000 shards since the buff. I've also had better luck finding legendaries just doing bounties. That 100% buff certainly doesn't feel like it and mostly feels like they were just trying to hook us into playing for longer. It certainly got me. I'm at the point where I need specific sets to drop and am only missing a set/leg from 3 pieces and I've continually scrapped the ones I've found since they've been worse than my rares.

I hate to say it, but I think I've reached my max, my gear is too good for what the grind is worth now. Before I was at least upgrading a piece a night through drops or souls on the mystic, but now I'm going 2-3 nights before something barely better drops.

GUYS GUYS

I DON'T EVEN

WAT

FZzWUag.png
CYf41W2.png

Dahbomb

Official forum people complain about everything ESPECIALLY RNG. Worst place to look for this sort of stuff.

Normally whenever I am in a group someone is always complaining about RNG and then they get a godly drop in game. Then they get happy for a couple of minutes, forget about their drop and start complaining about how they don't get good loot.

Dahbomb

I also checked that you have every single DH Legendary bow except one....

And you are complaining? LMAO!!!

You should check the rate of Legendary drops with your group. There's that theory running around that one person in group gets all the RNG luck for him.

GJS

2 hours in the Battlefields on normal mode hitting up armor racks, with nothing to show for it.

I've been farming for crafting items for like 8 hours, so annoying.

In that time I've managed to get a stash full of white skullspliters to craft as many devastators as I want but only a single shattered core.

3 demon skins and plenty of whites to craft armor.

3 bloody pincers for demon claw but not a single white suwaiya.

I must have had multiples of almost every white item drop but not a single suwaiya.

And then on top of all this time, I'm bound to get shitty rolls when I actually craft the stuff.

Dahbomb

That Demon Claw is garbage, don't waste your craft mats on it. It's only good to get the trasmog. It's a glorified Rare fist at best. I have tried crafting it a few times and it has always disappointed.

You should check the rate of Legendary drops with your group. There's that theory running around that one person in group gets all the RNG luck for him.

I've put in so many hours...

The main complaint I have is that I want a kridershot... and there's literally no way to get it aside from RNgesus.

In D2 I could trade.

In d3 I could trade and AH.

In this game? I just have to hope that someone or myself find one, or I gamble one which appears to be nigh impossible considering I've gambled 20k shards on nothing but 2H bows and never got one.

ZenaxPure

2 more mad monarch's scepter... that makes it five. Is this mace even good? Seems like it's only good for trash.

It's certainly a trash clearing weapon, and it's strong at doing that. When I used mine (which was a few weeks ago in much worse gear) the nova was critting for around 13 million, and the range is pretty huge on it.

Sigmaah

Got 77% crit damage on my fire Ammy. Gonna try to get that higher when I get more souls and rubies. Got so many shitty rings and ammys today, such annoyance.

I HATE GETTING RINGS AND AMMYS. But I guess yay souls...

Bombless

Having fun with a Strafe build. Not quite perma running yet, but slowly getting there. Need the Hexing pants that boost dmg/hate regen while moving.

Emberstrife + Shuriken cloud hurts like hell.

After a pretty crazy 24 hours of drops, I capped it off with the pants from the Marauder set

That makes 2 Magefists, Gladiator Gauntlets, Frostburn, 2 Leoric Signets that I can trifecta, that crazy Ring of Royal Grandeur and finally these pants (along with variously sourced Forgotten Souls).

i am cry..
sitting on 1,1m dps on dh.. with 7,8m toughness...
and i can't get a fucking weapon to drop..
i'm using a 2401 dps RARE bow because..... rng hates me.. so i can't have a decent bow! i can't get a decent anything!
and i've spent over 4k bloodshard SOLELY on 2h bow weapon..
no leg or anything <_>
god, rnJesus hates me...

Discobird

i am cry..
sitting on 1,1m dps on dh.. with 7,8m toughness...
and i can't get a fucking weapon to drop..
i'm using a 2401 dps RARE bow because..... rng hates me.. so i can't have a decent bow! i can't get a decent anything!
and i've spent over 4k bloodshard SOLELY on 2h bow weapon..
no leg or anything <_>
god, rnJesus hates me...

Does it have to be a bow? None of the legendary 2H bows are all that interesting besides Kridershot IMO.

Discobird

Some legs are rarer than others within a given item type. Elemental absorption amulets are rarer than other amulets, Frostburns are apparently rarer than other gloves and Kridershot is rarer than other bows. I've gotten 1-3 of each of the other bows but never a Kridershot. Not complaining though, it's all RNG.

Discobird

So what are the best skills for DH these days? Here is mine. I know cluster arrow lfb is a given...what else?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/plbelanger-1923/hero/40790994

There's no point putting Withering Fire on the same bar as Cluster Arrow. Cluster Arrow is extremely hatred hungry and you can't really afford to run two spenders. Drop Withering Fire for Preparation - Punishment and you'll find your effectiveness go way up. Sentry is OK I guess since you can layer it on top of CA spam, but you might want to try Rain of Vengeance (Flying Strike best rune for higher difficulties, Shade or Dark Cloud for lower) or Vengeance - Seethe instead.

Awareness is an incredibly strong passive (even better with Pride's Fall), consider it if you're having survivability issues.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is dual-wielding hand crossbows on DH worth it? I'm currently using a Buriza with Archfiend Arrows, but yesterday I got Danetta's Spite and the hand xbow from bounties that spawns sentries and shit, forget the name. Using a fire build. Not gonna lie, seeing Cluster Arrow crit for 12-15 mill is pretty sweet, but the utility of the secondary effects of those hand bows is also pretty awesome. Thing is, neither of them are socketed yet and I don't want to waste 20 forgotten souls just to find out it's not worth it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/1184257

I've put in so many hours...

The main complaint I have is that I want a kridershot... and there's literally no way to get it aside from RNgesus.

In D2 I could trade.

In d3 I could trade and AH.

In this game? I just have to hope that someone or myself find one, or I gamble one which appears to be nigh impossible considering I've gambled 20k shards on nothing but 2H bows and never got one.

I didn't know spending shards on weapons was viable? Can't you get every possible 2 handed weapon from them? (and since there's so many wouldn't that make the odds of getting what you need incredibly small)
You say you got every other 2h bow twice in 20k shards, does that mean you only get bows from kadela and not staffs maces etc?

I wanted to buy 1h's with my barb to try n get a shard of hate or better thunderfury or maybe an odyn or good fire weapon for my crusader but I was getting rare crossbows too so I thought I was going to be getting legendary bows n shit and it wasn't worth it.
If I won't get wands or bows from kadela as barb I'll definitely go back to buying 1h weapons

Yesterday, over a couple of Rift runs, I found two Kymbo's Gold amulets. Today, not one minute after finding one Promise of Glory bracers, I find another one in the same Rift. What are the odds of that happening. WTF.
Me and a mate found a blackthorne leggings at the same time from the same chest a few days ago
rng gona rng:p

ElyrionX

Yesterday, over a couple of Rift runs, I found two Kymbo's Gold amulets. Today, not one minute after finding one Promise of Glory bracers, I find another one in the same Rift. What are the odds of that happening. WTF.

ElyrionX

It does feel that way. I've been that "lucky one" in my group once or twice before and I've seen it happen to people in my group before (while I was on a dry spell). Lol. Lots of conspiracy theories around.

robochimp

I had a pretty good run last night

Kadala coughed up an Andariel's visage, I got a trifectable kredes flame(fire damage fills my fury) and an Xephirian Amulet( instead of taking damage from lightning it heals) with crit chance, working on rerolling crit damage.

I'm currently using a different Kredes flame and it's great. With bloodlust I can just hang out on molten patches spamming ancient hammer, healing myself the whole time.

Totakeke

Today was a good day.

First I got a skycutter, then made the +holy hallowed shield from the plans I got just earlier, then finally the ring I needed dropped with the right mainstat. Can't complain about the rolls either. :D

Flipyap

Having fun with a Strafe build. Not quite perma running yet, but slowly getting there. Need the Hexing pants that boost dmg/hate regen while moving.

Emberstrife + Shuriken cloud hurts like hell.
I've been using Strafe since 2.0, it feels nice to be able to run the hell away and not lose DPS.
It's really good for everything except hunting goblins whenever there are other monsters around. I just can't do it when somebody's watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom