• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

For Monk nothing touches Shard of Hate. I landed a won khim..took me 17 souls to socket it. Go do a ghom test. Took me 3X as long to kill him then Shard of Hate.

It also sucks that I scrapped a weapon that is apparently super good on high T levels because I thought it was a garbage 2hander. It has a chance to do up to 7% enemy hit point damage. When you fight elites and bosses it hits them like a truck.

Dahbomb

For Monk Shard of Hate and Moonlight Ward are kinda broke (probably for Barbs as well).

I expect these items to be nerfed (Shard of Hate more specifically) so I am not too worried about acquiring them.

Boogdud

2nd full clear of T1 rifts with not a single effing legendary, not even a soul or recipe. Time to log out for a while and let the RNG take a midol.

Do note your weapon has black damage so rolling damage% to dex will reduce its dps

But unless you have 10,000 dex, dex is the way to go.... Unless you can reroll the damage to 9%~ and have over 6600 dex

Went with DEX. Thanks. I'm not sure how damage is computed in this game (eg dmg% vs dex vs aspd vs skill%)

Cannot find a legendary source for the life of me. :(

Also, getting that arcane immunity rune would pretty much allow my wizard to stand and fight.

1mil DPS
16mil toughness
Buffed

I'm happy with my toughness
Would like DPS around 1.5 eventually

WTF is wrong with Kadala. Why has she given me 4 fire walkers, 2 blackthrons and 3 Irontoe Mudspitters before a SINGLE Ice Climbers? It's like Blizzard knows which items are worth a damn and which ones are glorified forgotten souls.

Strider

2nd full clear of T1 rifts with not a single effing legendary, not even a soul or recipe. Time to log out for a while and let the RNG take a midol.

2 rifts on t1 with no leg or soul is normal so i don't see why you are so angry after just 2 rifts... Unless I'm just unlucky all the time.

Dahbomb

WTF is wrong with Kadala. Why has she given me 4 fire walkers, 2 blackthrons and 3 Irontoe Mudspitters before a SINGLE Ice Climbers? It's like Blizzard knows which items are worth a damn and which ones are glorified forgotten souls.
I am telling you guys, some Legendaries are rarer than others.

Pretty sure Ice Climbers and Witching Hour are among the rarest Legendaries in the game.

-Digits-

Kadala was nice to me today. I was after a Jekanbord because I run a ranged build with Blessed Shield and she gave me not one but two. I broke one down and used it to reroll 10% crit on the other. Good times.

Tom Penny

For Monk Shard of Hate and Moonlight Ward are kinda broke (probably for Barbs as well).

I expect these items to be nerfed (Shard of Hate more specifically) so I am not too worried about acquiring them.

I have a bunch of weapons in my stash in case that day comes.

My buddy with 300+ hours played on his HC monk has been wanting the countess Julia's cameo forever. I got one in my monk with about a 1/5th of the playtime last night. He is so jelly. Feels so good to be immune to arcane though.

I got a great roll with with primary, vita, and crit damage. Rerolled all resist for 9.5 CC for a double fecta. Feels good man.

I just got one as well

Pretty sure Ice Climbers and Witching Hour are among the rarest Legendaries in the game.

I always assumed it worked like that, was it confirmed to be otherwise? I know every mob drops "a" legendary with equal chance (aside from recent nerf) but within that it makes sense that there's a tiered loot table. No amount of luck can account for all my damn broken promises!

Dahbomb

I think Blizzard did say that Legendaries were tiered but I can't find that post. In any case it definitely feels that way.

It was kinda like this in D2 too just a bit different. You would get a crap ton of Nagelrings but you probably would've played thousands of hours without ever seeing a Windforce.

Chanser

These dropped for my Wizard.

screenshot013bofb9.jpg
screenshot014k5cqm.jpg
screenshot0150yd4r.jpg
screenshot016oefeq.jpg

Thoughts?
Can't re-roll the Wizardspike resist for socket sadly.

Wallach

Is dual-wielding hand crossbows on DH worth it? I'm currently using a Buriza with Archfiend Arrows, but yesterday I got Danetta's Spite and the hand xbow from bounties that spawns sentries and shit, forget the name. Using a fire build. Not gonna lie, seeing Cluster Arrow crit for 12-15 mill is pretty sweet, but the utility of the secondary effects of those hand bows is also pretty awesome. Thing is, neither of them are socketed yet and I don't want to waste 20 forgotten souls just to find out it's not worth it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/1184257

DW is probably the best overall setup for DH right now. Quivers aren't bad but the only remotely good 2H weapon is Buriza and even that will have a hard time against two very well rolled 1H in most gear setups.

Azulsky

They have L70 Witching Hour? Damn.

The only thing I would think is better is Thundergod, buts thats only if you are lightning

Speaking of which I guess if you are gearing for ultimate lightning monk you need to spec your OWE with lightning resists if you plan on Thundergod being a part of your build.

I traded my Thundergod belt to my friends Crusader and today I got his Parthian drop when he was on his DH. I couldnt really use the Thundergod at the moment because I would lose my Innas 2 set bonus...

I wandered into Fire Resist due to it being that way on my maras amulet.

What is considered a good benchmark for Life per Spirit Spent? I reached 1100 today. My Healing stat spikes to 130k when im spamming LTK.
Also felt pretty good dropping the healing + resist mantra for retribution + overawe.

Really wish I could find better boots but the %LTK damage is too good.

I am unsure whether I should do anything with my weps. Currently just waiting for a WKL, Shard, or Fulminator i guess. Having the other part of the Shenlong set would be grand too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Azulsky-1256/hero/37278517 My numbers seem lower than normal in this link. Maybe something isnt being reported.

Taz

The new solo power level trick use it before it gets nerfed and it will,

1. Start a campaign game on normal
2. Select Rumford at the gate
3. Kill the wretched mother so you get the 0/3 mother to kill
4. Run up the map and kill two so your at 2/3
5. quit the game and change it to torment 6
6. Rejoin the game and you'll notice that its still 2/3 and the mother you killed at the gate is back
7. Aggro the mother and get to follow you to town and she will instant die once inside(this is when you get the exp)
8. Go back to 2. And repeat till 70

Protips, the first few times you do it , it can take abit of time to get her in town but once you do it a few times it takes about 1 min to do a run .

The exp is about the same as Rakkis steps quest bit you don't need to search for it, it's always there.

Keeping her on the edge of your screen seems to make her move with you.

You don't get the quest exp complete thingy but you still get the exp (look at your exp bar when she dies)

Dahbomb

1100 LPSS is really good. That means that if you dump all your spirit you can get back up to 200K easily (assuming you have like 250 Spirit).

Azulsky

As a cold Wiz what legs should I be trying to acquire?

Thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/20kxc5/cold_wizard_gear/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/21u5um/ros_cold_builds/

The first one is a bit old but not that much has changed.

I guess for your hand + source you want azurewrath + mirrorball

Like every other class you want to slot all your % elemental damage and % damage skill modifiers where you can.

1100 LPSS is really good. That means that if you dump all your spirit you can get back up to 200K easily (assuming you have like 250 Spirit).

I think I have 160. I am still using Mythic Rhythm which I cant really get a feel for its effect.. I tried swapping to Exalted Soul for a while but I cant make heads or tails of it.

I find when fighting elites I tend to proc my SS passive (Remove spirit cost for 4 seconds) and I just hold down LTK that entire time so Mythic Rhythm gets wasted.

Ill have to go beat up on Ghom and time it with both. Usually I am able to recover my health pretty easily apart from the usual standing on an arcane lazer pivot point.

Okay, just got a Gidbinn ... let's talk proc rates - is it essentially like having Fetish Sycophants for free or is it a lot less?

Edit: Appears it sucks ass. Darn.

gimmmick

ScreenShot2014-04-13at121236PM_zpsb8171454.png

Was thinking it was going to be another BS legendary sword when I saw it drop, saw the shape and was excited. Came with socketed property too!

Wallach

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/gimmmick/ScreenShot2014-04-13at121236PM_zpsb8171454.png

Was thinking it was going to be another BS legendary sword when I saw it drop, saw the shape and was excited. Came with socketed property too!

Good damage roll on both the weapon and the legendary affix. Nice find.

Azulsky

Is 6-7% IAS better than 700+ vit on a weapon?

Depends on how much IAS you have already and how much VIT you have. You might really need that VIT. But I would take the IAS.

because...

You can upgrade yourself into a corner if you rely on weapons for non damage stats. You end up having that weapon then upgrading your armor in the meanwhile, then you will have to tank your vit stat to upgrade your weapon, because your +VIT is nowhere to be found on your gear.

Historically it has always been better to devote all weapon and jewelry slots to damage and most armor slots to vit, resist. Though now in RoS you have damage rolls on armor that you must have to move up in Torment.

I can craft level 42 Aughild's. I'm guessing this means I picked up the level 42 plans. Can the level 70 plan still drop on another character and then I need to reteach my blacksmith? Not sure how this works.

Wallach

I can craft level 42 Aughild's. I'm guessing this means I picked up the level 42 plans. Can the level 70 plan still drop on another character and then I need to reteach my blacksmith? Not sure how this works.

The level 70 version of Aughild's is a different set plan so you can find it on any 70 character.

aborath

Neo Member
ScreenShot2014-04-13at121236PM_zpsb8171454.png

Nice. That's my mainhand on my WD, and I don't think I'd ever want another. It doesn't exactly invoke "the voodoo," but TF is easily my favorite weapon across MMO-dom (aesthetically and effect-wise).

Unrelated, but if I've got my eye on a certain set, what's the best strategy for completing it? Just gamble for the slots and cross your fingers?

Also, is the GAF guild still inviting? If so, what's it called? I'm getting sick of taciturn pugs. Need someone to talk to while I'm grinding the skinner box.

Azulsky

Just had a Rift Guardian not show up in a single level rift (battlefields + bridge of korsik). Looked everywhere and just had to leave the game.

Thanks.

Some of the Terror Demon type Rift Bosses wont appear until you walk to a certain spot.

You fight them for a while then they go into a pocket dimension or something for 10 seconds before reappearing.

Its annoying, we had to search for one too.

BigDug13

Yeah - the hunt continues for Devastator plan or Burning Axe. Thought I could switch Sycophants for another skill but alas Gidbinn is now a Forgotten Soul.

I think it's still a decent weapon to be able to spawn weak little distractions while using a different build like DoT/Barrage/Quetzalcoatl. Or letting them be possible targets while your actual fetishes stay alive just a bit longer to deal more damage. Their spawns are separate from the Sycophant spawns, so it's not like it takes away from your regular possibility at normal fetishes.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Did a bit of testing with the Razor Strop. It triggers the explosion whenever you're healed by a globe, so you don't have to be the one picking it up.

(doesn't make an explosion on the other party members too like I originally thought, just turned out another character had one too)

cdyhybrid

+Lightning Damage% works on the Shard of Hate proc. Reroll the Resource Cost to a Socket since the next patch should fix the Damage% issue.

Not to be contrary, but is there an official post on that issue? Just want to make sure.

Don't you dare. You need a socket. Don't make the mistake of rerolling something that prevents you from having a socket on one of the best swords in the game.

Roger that. I'm guessing I'd put an Emerald in there?

The new solo power level trick use it before it gets nerfed and it will,

1. Start a campaign game on normal
2. Select Rumford at the gate
3. Kill the wretched mother so you get the 0/3 mother to kill
4. Run up the map and kill two so your at 2/3
5. quit the game and change it to torment 6
6. Rejoin the game and you'll notice that its still 2/3 and the mother you killed at the gate is back
7. Aggro the mother and get to follow you to town and she will instant die once inside(this is when you get the exp)
8. Go back to 2. And repeat till 70

Protips, the first few times you do it , it can take abit of time to get her in town but once you do it a few times it takes about 1 min to do a run .

The exp is about the same as Rakkis steps quest bit you don't need to search for it, it's always there.

Keeping her on the edge of your screen seems to make her move with you.

You don't get the quest exp complete thingy but you still get the exp (look at your exp bar when she dies)

It works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom