• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this last night on my Monk-yeah the list DPS is medicore, but it doesn't matter. The % damage boost roll on EP is absurd and the area damage modifier helps make up for the lost DPS.

Fxdbcti.jpg

Only other item of note from this weekend. Don't have the souls at the moment (blew them all crafting armor sets) to reroll the life on hit to CC. Not the best, but I'll settle for being in the top 10% with something that's such a huge pain in the ass to get a good roll on.

YogoLcX.jpg

Also-is that solo power leveling approach really much better after 40 levels or so than just running bounties? I did the Rakkis Crossing method from 1-47 in about two hours a while back but after that point it got too slow.

The new solo power level trick use it before it gets nerfed and it will,

1. Start a campaign game on normal
2. Select Rumford at the gate
3. Kill the wretched mother so you get the 0/3 mother to kill
4. Run up the map and kill two so your at 2/3
5. quit the game and change it to torment 6
6. Rejoin the game and you'll notice that its still 2/3 and the mother you killed at the gate is back
7. Aggro the mother and get to follow you to town and she will instant die once inside(this is when you get the exp)
8. Go back to 2. And repeat till 70

Protips, the first few times you do it , it can take abit of time to get her in town but once you do it a few times it takes about 1 min to do a run .

The exp is about the same as Rakkis steps quest bit you don't need to search for it, it's always there.

Keeping her on the edge of your screen seems to make her move with you.

You don't get the quest exp complete thingy but you still get the exp (look at your exp bar when she dies)
Not exactly new, probably not going to get nerfed as it's been being used for ages and nothing has been done about it.

The easiest explanation is to firstly get the mother's attention (make sure you don't have any skills running such as the monk's clone skill, also dismiss your familiar) so you can see she is walking towards you.

Then you want to start moving as if you are heading towards where you begin the game. When the mother is directly outside the front of the gates, use whatever skill you can that will let you sneak in through the gates. Then move to just about where the wheelbarrow full of dead bodies is and she'll start to follow you in.

joesmokey

Found the legendary plan for Fleeting Strap (attk spd belt) and decided to try my luck at crafting one since I had all the required mats already:

Not too shabby for first try :). Think this is probably worth breaking 4 piece Blackthorne bonus for.

aborath

Neo Member
Not exactly new, probably not going to get nerfed as it's been being used for ages and nothing has been done about it.

The easiest explanation is to firstly get the mother's attention (make sure you don't have any skills running such as the monk's clone skill, also dismiss your familiar) so you can see she is walking towards you.

Then you want to start moving as if you are heading towards where you begin the game. When the mother is directly outside the front of the gates, use whatever skill you can that will let you sneak in through the gates. Then move to just about where the wheelbarrow full of dead bodies is and she'll start to follow you in.

Is there a way to get her to ignore the guards? Can't stop her from locking on them as I run into town.

Yaari

Question regarding weapons, I have a Thunderfury on which I would reroll the Primary stat, which is like 1100-1600 Lightning Damage, I don't know exactly.

I am playing a Wizard. I am just wondering if when picking a new, higher amount of +Damage, does this have any effect at all, for me as a Wizard?

I am not really sure how this damage adds to mine, and if I need normal +Damage. Or if +Cold Damage would be considered wrong, or whatever.

Artanisix

10 years since royal ring drop.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to a1 bounties. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the cache. i try other adventure mode but it is no good. i flame kriparin in his channel and try to resist the nazi mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually look at my rings and cry myself to sleep.

valeo

10 years since royal ring drop.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to a1 bounties. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the cache. i try other adventure mode but it is no good. i flame kriparin in his channel and try to resist the nazi mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually look at my rings and cry myself to sleep.

Take a break bud.

Jedi2016

Reading the thread lately makes me glad I don't play the game to this extent. I play mostly solo, and I've more or less moved over to the console anyway, so I can't even do this stuff for a few more months at least, or whenever the PS4 version is released. But without digging around, I have no idea what I "should" be farming for in cases like this, so it ends up far less frustrating when it doesn't drop. I don't miss it, so to speak, since I don't know about it. I'm also not the type to alter my playstyle for a few extra points of damage... I play my monk the way I like, and that's that. I think I'll do alright once I pick up RoS down the line, but if not... oh, well. Call me a casual Diablo player. :) Don't get me wrong, though, I'm drooling over the gear you guys are showing off here.. lol.

Svafnir

I just made a reddit posting discussing a project I am working on. Project describe what all the legendary items do! Since a lot of the text is fairly obscure, unfortunately I cannot test all the items in the game myself.

If anyone has tested any items themselves or has made videos of said item, please share them.

Reddit post I made that talks a bit more about the project -

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/22yhh5/project_test_and_provide_details_on_all_the/

1500 shards and probably 16 hours of gameplay this weekend... not a single decent item. And that's after a week of my wizard not really changing much at all.I think that's really it for me.

1500 shards and probably 16 hours of gameplay this weekend... not a single decent item. And that's after a week of my wizard not really changing much at all.I think that's really it for me.

You reach a point where the only means of any significant progression are a handful of legendary/set items that, even if you ever see them, would probably have to roll fairly well for them to be an actual upgrade. I'm nearing that point myself, but I switched my build around and think I have a little further I can take my character, but once I hit that point definitively, it's probably be time to walk away for a while (maybe until the next expansion when lvl 80 items show up and make everything we're using now into junk).

Bombless

Reading the thread lately makes me glad I don't play the game to this extent. I play mostly solo, and I've more or less moved over to the console anyway, so I can't even do this stuff for a few more months at least, or whenever the PS4 version is released. But without digging around, I have no idea what I "should" be farming for in cases like this, so it ends up far less frustrating when it doesn't drop. I don't miss it, so to speak, since I don't know about it. I'm also not the type to alter my playstyle for a few extra points of damage... I play my monk the way I like, and that's that. I think I'll do alright once I pick up RoS down the line, but if not... oh, well. Call me a casual Diablo player. :) Don't get me wrong, though, I'm drooling over the gear you guys are showing off here.. lol.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I play to kill shit, not to farm item X or Y. I do bounties and rifts, spend the shards I get at Kadala's for stuff I'd like to get, hit a few bosses, try all kinds of weird builds with the legendaries I get, this is what's fun for me.

It's what makes this expansion great imo, all kinds of playstyles are possible.

Reapers wraps is such a game changer for crusader, I imagine for every class as well but damn I am having a lot more fun with the class because of it.

potam

Banned
I just discovered that the cool wings I saw on my friend aren't available in-game. Apparently you can upgrade RoS from vanilla -> digital deluxe on battle.net, but there's no option to upgrading the base game to collector's edition. I'm mildly depressed now :(

I just discovered that the cool wings I saw on my friend aren't available in-game. Apparently you can upgrade RoS from vanilla -> digital deluxe on battle.net, but there's no option to upgrading the base game to collector's edition. I'm mildly depressed now :(

Yeah, the collectors edition is retail only.

potam

Banned
Yeah, the collectors edition is retail only.

Yeah. None of the big retailers list it on their site, but I may stop around tomorrow and see if there's any collecting dust on the shelves. I went to ebay thinking there might be some fans who just wanted the physical collectibles and didn't need the key...nope. Kind of sucks that the main person I'll be playing with has an unobtainable item just taunting me :(

TheYanger

Finally got a shard of hate, a terrible one. Holy crap is it OP as hell. Torn on weather to mainhand fulminator or odyn son. Still was all fire built, lacking tons of items for the build, etc...doesn't even matter, just WW and watch things melt.

Also, I now look badass:
DSyoZVy.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm having a hard time thinking I could get something better than this:
LdDjkBo.png

Dying? Eh... who cares about that? :p

jersoc

She gave me one today as well. That and Wand of Woh is a fun combination. My overall gear is still fairly poor, but those two give me a nice start.

damn, been wanting a woh for a while. i've gotten 5 wands in the last few days and nothing. i just keep getting shitty 2h all the time.

Boosted a friend's alt to 70 in t6 hellrift bounties (always a good way to make 7 million gold in 1.5 hours as well) , we then did mathael and a t1 rift and in the rift I was immeditaly karma rewarded with an amazing andariel for my barb :D

Also discovered avalanche and how much fun it is to use. The large (and short cooldown) burst really helps to melt elite packs and it synergises extra well with reaper's wraps since you have so much more fury to dump all the time.

Barb is a lot of fun to play.

I managed to get a near perfect Chantodo's OH from Kadala yesterday, then while doing rifts with friends got the Chantodo's MH out of a chest--another solid roll as well. I got my Wizard to 70 on Thursday and it's already got twice the damage on paper of my Monk that I had been working on since launch...

badb0y

Finally got a shard of hate, a terrible one. Holy crap is it OP as hell. Torn on weather to mainhand fulminator or odyn son. Still was all fire built, lacking tons of items for the build, etc...doesn't even matter, just WW and watch things melt.

Also, I now look badass:
DSyoZVy.png
Damn you! I have been trying to get the shard of hate for a while now. As soon as I get one I will switch my build to lightening and go whirlwind.

Radec

Also, I now look badass:
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DSyoZVy.png[/IMG]

I'm leveling up my naked lvl 64 100dps Barb so I can get a decent SoH and TF.

but RNG won't probably give me one

Artanisix

this piece of shit royal ring won't fuKCing drop omfg

if i can just
get this ring

i can wear full earth set + full ik set at the same time

dentoomw

So, has anyone noticed if Magic Find is properly working or not?

I have a Nagelring with about 40% MF and even after doing regular T2 and T3 runs with a buddy of mine, he ends up with a lot more drops than I do and he has 0 additional MF apart from the bonus you get for grouping.

I'm gonna try running tonight with a different ring and see if that makes a difference. Maybe the RNG gods just hate me.

Deadly

I have a Nagelring with about 40% MF and even after doing regular T2 and T3 runs with a buddy of mine, he ends up with a lot more drops than I do and he has 0 additional MF apart from the bonus you get for grouping.

I'm gonna try running tonight with a different ring and see if that makes a difference. Maybe the RNG gods just hate me.
If you're talking about legendaries you only have 4% more than him. That's barely anything

Azulsky

So for Legendaries at least, you only get 10% of the additional magic find. So that ring give you 4%

I have a friend who has awful drop rate(like i can math it in the clan menu) and all he does is rifts. Meanwhile I will jump in a T2 rift with him and get 3 in one run.

RNG is RNG

How are you guys handling your gold? I started with 35m before RoS but I'm down to 27m now. Anything involving gems is so expensive. I stopped salvaging yellows to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom