• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories but it really feels like the drop rate on bag legendaries has been nerfed. I used to get a "fair" amount but I've not seen a single one in the last 50+ bags.

The problem is that due to the low drop rates and the lack of information on these drop rates, no one will ever know for sure. It's also very annoying that we have tonnes of "RNG gonna RNG" people who think that it's utterly impossible that maybe, just maybe, the loot system is buggy and that Blizzard are constantly tweaking loot tables and drop rates behind the scenes without announcing it.

ElyrionX

T6 is really where the game shines (in terms of challenging combat) though if you play in groups. Because then you need teamwork, survivability skills and synergies. And everyone has to be top notch in their gear. The problem is that few people are at that level and even if they are it's not worth it to run it. The 15% increase per difficulty isn't enough, there is no incentize for pushing yourself. Why would anyone farm T6 in Hardcore? That's the real problem with T6.

One player has to be the tank, another has to be the crowd controller like a Monk stunning everyone and 2 pure DPS characters doing most of the damage. Even then you would need stuff like Monk popping Serenity/Inner Sanctuary to keep allies alive and a crap ton of auras/support abilities. Probably need that Unity ring too.

Right now if you are farming T6 efficiently you are probably using something broken which my guess is the real point of T6 just like in the beta. It's an easy way to balance.. I am pretty sure they don't want players to be killing off bosses in 8 seconds in T6 with Shard of Hate and suped up pets.

Or you can just use 4 barbs with Shard of Hate.

Dahbomb

I was talking about playing the game legit not abusing clearly broken Legendaries.

Barbs with SoH can kill T6 bosses in seconds so it's obviously a mute point to discuss T6 strategy with stuff like that.

And as far as RNG goes, I really wished that Blizzard would confirm the following stuff so the conspiracy theories don't run rampant:

*Tiering of Legendaries. Which Legendaries are Rarest, which are most common.

*Tiering of the stats for Enchanting ie. higher chance to roll main stat on gear than crit. Would like to see a ranking on this although most people have a rough idea.

*Exactly how the "pity" Legendary system works. Most people know that you get a guaranteed Legendary between 1 and 2 hours of play but we don't know the mechanics behind it. Is it by amount of mobs killed or time spent or some other criteria?

*Base Legendary drop rate as well as Set item drop rate. Like what is the chance of a Legendary dropping on Normal non rift (1 in 1000 as an example). Same thing for Blood Shard rate although most people seem to think it's 1 out of 500 chance for armor pieces.

Opened all these and managed a decent upgrade from one of the helms. Also picked up a royal grandeur ring.
TijiAIa.jpg

Also I was wondering if anyone has a few white dire axes for trade. I need two since I just got the hallowed defender plan and am looking to upgrade with glee. Here's what I got for trade in white items. Only things that aren't for trade are the fist weapons. 1:1 would be swell.

My battletag is Wiskeydiver#1716 (AMERICA'S region). Go ahead and add me if ye wish to trade white items.

ElyrionX

I was talking about playing the game legit not abusing clearly broken Legendaries.

Barbs with SoH can kill T6 bosses in seconds so it's obviously a mute point to discuss T6 strategy with stuff like that.

Yeah, I was just being facetious.

Anyway, I agree with your points. The game has a fantastic combat engine and it's a waste to see 99% of the playerbase not experiencing all of it. On my Wizard, I'd love to have a reason to use skills like Mirror Image, Slow Time and Teleport but there's just no reason to now because everything is about efficiency and dps.

They should just make Rift bosses guarantee a leg drop at T6 or something though that would probably be exploited within seconds of being implemented.

scy

My Crusader is at T4/T5 fairly comfortably so T6 will probably just take some perfecting of slots I'd imagine.

The problem is that due to the low drop rates and the lack of information on these drop rates, no one will ever know for sure. It's also very annoying that we have tonnes of "RNG gonna RNG" people who think that it's utterly impossible that maybe, just maybe, the loot system is buggy and that Blizzard are constantly tweaking loot tables and drop rates behind the scenes without announcing it.

Conversely, it's annoying to have people who think anecdotal evidence of small sample sizes means anything. I'd say both extremes are pretty bad, really.

Dahbomb

T6 will be "easy" eventually. After just a few weeks I can solo T4 quite well on my Monk. I do not have a Shard of Hate or Thunderfury yet however.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anuiran-1336/hero/868735

MP10 at one point was "semi impossible" also.

I figure T6 will be on farm by most people in a couple more weeks.
I have about the same stats as you (less health but more resistances) and while I can do T4 solo as well it's not comfortable and it's not efficient. Certainly not on "farm"" either.

People will definitely get to T6 caliber, hell many have already but it's not worth it for them. No one can clear T6 around as fast as they clear T3 for example. Some strats work at lower Torments that involve raw burst damage with DH glass cannon style which would not work in T6.

scy

I have about the same stats as you (less health but more resistances) and while I can do T4 solo as well it's not comfortable and it's not efficient. Certainly not on "farm"" either.

People will definitely get to T6 caliber, hell many have already but it's not worth it for them. No one can clear T6 around as fast as they clear T3 for example. Some strats work at lower Torments that involve raw burst damage with DH glass cannon style which would not work in T6.

Honestly, I'd be fine with just dropping "shitty" Legendaries from the T3/T4/T5/T6 drop tables as incentive. But I guess most are against that sort of loot fixing.

I dunno, if I get any more gimp masks I may cry.

Svafnir

Can't find the right video but this guy was soloing T6 10 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlYDmxSPuf4

There is people who can do it a lot better right now, i don't think it's fair to say no one can. There are some insane builds out there.

scy

Derp, I didnt even see the 15% holy damage on it.

Any links to a 1H build? May be fun to mess around with.

Oh, right, missed this earlier. Here's the Holy Build I usually bring up for this. Shattered Throw works over FotH if you want and the final passive (Rightousness) is swappable with whatever for the most part. Rightousness is just a generic pseudo-damage boost.

ZenaxPure

Over the past 24ish hours I've gotten 3 skorns, 2 invoker gloves, and 2 invoker shoulders. I don't know what I did to upset rngesus but I can only hope they can see it in their heart to forgive me and allow me to get something useful tomorrow.

I wish I had 3 more unities. I only have 1, with the asheara set and only my enchantress has the invincibility item. The wizard in the video has a unity and also one equipped to Kormac so he basically doubled his ehp. I want 3 more so I can put it on all my followers because they keep me company when I run around solo.

TheYanger

There is people who can do it a lot better right now, i don't think it's fair to say no one can. There are some insane builds out there.

Yeah he's using the exact same broken setup a wiz in my guild was lucky enough to get the first day. You absolutely can do it with specific synergistic builds and item drops, but the raw stats to 'standard' your way into it aren't attainable. at least not to do it at a reasonable rate. You 100% need a 'broken' item or two, which makes them a whole lot less broken with that in mind. OR, a group, which seems very intentional to me. People dont' tend to play their classes like a real group when they play multiplayer, but it's a huge buff to dps/survivability if you actually work together.

ElyrionX

Honestly, I'd be fine with just dropping "shitty" Legendaries from the T3/T4/T5/T6 drop tables as incentive. But I guess most are against that sort of loot fixing.

You can't do this because it would lead to the Catch 22 situation we had with the Inferno mode in vanilla.

TheYanger

I feel like I should've started on very hard or something. Either I really know what i'm doing...or hard isnt that hard at all.

Fresh account? I wouldn't say hard is ever 'hard' but normal is definitely easy. It will get hardER as you keep playing since the gulf between some of your gear and mob level will increase. That said, if you're bored of the challenge just go to expert. I think that's a pretty appropriate untwinked difficulty tbh.

Lain

Spent some time playing today, and I managed to get some interesting drops:

The int on the torso is a bit weak compared to what I was using before, plus only 1 socket vs 2, but I guess I'll just reroll the socket there (as soon as I get some leg to destroy lol) hoping for 3.

Also, Kadala gave me these a couple days ago:
If only that vit was int =(

Teknoman

Fresh account? I wouldn't say hard is ever 'hard' but normal is definitely easy. It will get hardER as you keep playing since the gulf between some of your gear and mob level will increase. That said, if you're bored of the challenge just go to expert. I think that's a pretty appropriate untwinked difficulty tbh.

Yeah I started fresh since I wanted to roll with Crusader, and I really never made it past act 3 with Monk in vanilla (this was way before the major patches and so on).

When I get to Act IV, could I just start a new game on expert difficulty and jump straight to Act IV?

I dont want to get massacred as soon as I step away from camp lol, but i'd like to not be able to just dive into a huge swarm of demons, and come out virtually untouched.

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked :D Probably should've switched long ago what with the description about gems.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They have retroactively nerfed many times

IAS stat was nerfed retroactively, all values halved.

Moonlight Ward was nerfed retroactively with internal cooldown.

Gloves of Worship changed from 1 hour to 10 minutes.

Many items were nerfed retroactively in the beta as well.

That said items have been buffed retroactively as well. All Legendary itens that summoned a unit got a bug buff and it was retroactive.

That depends on what your definition of viability is.

Is it being able to take out a white mob without dying? An elite without dying? Killing elites in reasonable time (less than 30 seconds)?

Without obviously broken items... it would take you months before you can effeciently farm T6. Hell I don't know anyone who can farm it without specific items.

Wasn't moonlight ward removed from the loot table before anyone could really get it? SoH is too widespread for anything like that at this point. Also I always thought the shrine gloves thing was a bug, wasn't it always supposed to be 10 mins? As for IAS, that's just a general stat, and beta is beta... of course items will change during a temporary testing phase lol. I think they are pretty averse to nerfing specific items that have been in the pool for awhile, I'd much rather see more shard of hate-esque legendaries than the nerf-bat in this case. Nerfs are concentrated in skills and "bug-fixes" 99% of the time for a reason.

This isn't WoW arena where balance between competing players is under a microscope. Tighter balance is necessary with ladders perhaps (but those aren't in yet) and by then I'm hoping we have more added awesome legendaries like Shard/thunderfury to even out the amount of boring ass glorified rares. The point of the game is to kill PvE monsters and farm gear with your pals until you can do higher torments.

Shard of Hate alone doesn't make t6 farming a joke, the few barbs I know who have it can barely do t4. I attribute most of the whining to Alkaizer's and this is all I hear: "ZOMOGGAIOGJ STREAMER DUDE WITH 6 SET RAEKOR'S, close to BIS GEAR, AND SHARD OF HATE + THUNDERFURY IS FARMING T6 AND I CAN'TTT WTF BLIZZ????" Alkaizer's gear is probably obtainable for .0001% of Barbs, dude is just extremely lucky. Who knew better gear and collecting a set of highly sought after extremely rare legs allowed you to kill higher torments? I didn't.

Z7HeRxU.png

desverger

Ugh, got my first piece of Marauder's yesterday (dropped while doing "just one more rift before sleep"). Of course it had to be the pants, since I just crafted 2 pieces of Cain's set (boots and pants) and rolled 2 sockets into the pants :)

Not complaining, but goddamn, I have a feeling I'll have to do normal bounty farm today in act1 to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur :(

if I can clear T1 bounties "almost as fast" as normals, are they worth doing? Does that +leg drop rate in Torment affect bounty boxes? Or should I just zerg normal difficulty superfast?

Grampasso

I totally believe this as well. 2 weeks ago at some point I found 6 legs in an hour. The day after I didn't find any in 3 hours doing the same thing. That doesn't sound random. Real random is not that fluctuating.

Nete

Looks like I can. Hell of a gamble with so many options.

Is rolling to holy my best bet?

Do NOT reroll Scourge damage to a different element than poison. As far as I know, the proc won't work with a non-poison damage (if its a bug or intended, no idea). Get some Cooldown Reduction for that Vit and you will be served.

if I can clear T1 bounties "almost as fast" as normals, are they worth doing? Does that +leg drop rate in Torment affect bounty boxes? Or should I just zerg normal difficulty superfast?

That used to be the case but Blizzard nerfed it because people were taking normal bounty bags and opening them in T6 instead of the game keeping track of where you obtained the bags.

Stick to normal.

Wasn't moonlight ward removed from the loot table before anyone could really get it? SoH is too widespread for anything like that at this point. Also I always thought the shrine gloves thing was a bug, wasn't it always supposed to be 10 mins? As for IAS, that's just a general stat, and beta is beta... of course items will change during a temporary testing phase lol. I think they are pretty averse to nerfing specific items that have been in the pool for awhile, I'd much rather see more shard of hate-esque legendaries than the nerf-bat in this case. Nerfs are concentrated in skills and "bug-fixes" 99% of the time for a reason.

This isn't WoW arena where balance between competing players is under a microscope. Tighter balance is necessary with ladders perhaps (but those aren't in yet) and by then I'm hoping we have more added awesome legendaries like Shard/thunderfury to even out the amount of boring ass glorified rares. The point of the game is to kill PvE monsters and farm gear with your pals until you can do higher torments.

Shard of Hate alone doesn't make t6 farming a joke, the few barbs I know who have it can barely do t4. I attribute most of the whining to Alkaizer's and this is all I hear: "ZOMOGGAIOGJ STREAMER DUDE WITH 6 SET RAEKOR'S, close to BIS GEAR, AND SHARD OF HATE + THUNDERFURY IS FARMING T6 AND I CAN'TTT WTF BLIZZ????" Alkaizer's gear is probably obtainable for .0001% of Barbs, dude is just extremely lucky. Who knew better gear and collecting a set of highly sought after extremely rare legs allowed you to kill higher torments? I didn't.

Z7HeRxU.png

I'll never understand why the amount of nerf nerf nerf whining about everything is so much higher in blizzard games

no fun allowed indeed , not by the community, not by blizzard in general

It's like I always say, D3 moreso than any other lootwhore game brings in a bunch of players who think they're entitled to any and everything and if X is having more fun than them or gets better drops that make their class fun; then you need to nerf the shit outta them because that's not fair.

Wand of Woh + Meteor makes everything easy. Curious as to why he uses energy twister though, I find it too damn unpredictable to use reliably. I do have the 2h staff that makes it go in a straight line, but it's really not worth it compared to Wand of Woh + a good fire source like Firebird eye...that Kadala doesn't want to give me...but she gives me 4 Chantdoos because hey why not right? >.>

cdyhybrid

This is why you have one of every class, then you can just play whatever is good at the moment in Blizzard's never-ending balancing circus.

kurohana

eOwZ1u7.png

My heart skipped a beat when I saw these in my inventory from gambling. I never actually thought I'd get them and didn't even notice when I was spam clicking.

jns

Well DH Gaffy--it finally happened.

Now, what do I re-roll in place of loh?

oh, this was a rift boss--on normal lol.

Good times, they are a coming :D I already have a ton of +cold damage gear and +elemental arrow gear.

ElyrionX

This is why you have one of every class, then you can just play whatever is good at the moment in Blizzard's never-ending balancing circus.

I used to do this in vanilla simply because it's more fun and all the classes are very well-designed.

I stopped doing this in RoS because I realized that I would never get gear like the full Tal set for my main Wizard if I split my farming time amongst all my characters.

desverger

That used to be the case but Blizzard nerfed it because people were taking normal bounty bags and opening them in T6 instead of the game keeping track of where you obtained the bags.

Stick to normal.

Will do, thanks :p

Well DH Gaffy--it finally happened.

Now, what do I re-roll in place of loh?

oh, this was a rift boss--on normal lol.

Good times, they are a coming :D I already have a ton of +cold damage gear and +elemental arrow gear.

Grats, I'm envious as hell!

Attack speed is probably your best bet, seeing as your krider is +arcane damage and wouldn't benefit too much from from straight +damage%.

jns

Will do, thanks :p

Grats, I'm envious as hell!

Attack speed is probably your best bet, seeing as your krider is +arcane damage and wouldn't benefit too much from from straight +damage%.

Thanks man! I've been hoping for one of these bad boys since 60. I've put all my shards into 2-H weaps and got nothing. Was just doing normal rifts for quick shards when it dropped. I'm going to try and roll dat AS now :D

[edit] welp, 15 souls and i got 6% IAS. That will do for now ..

ElyrionX

Wand of Woh + Meteor makes everything easy. Curious as to why he uses energy twister though, I find it too damn unpredictable to use reliably. I do have the 2h staff that makes it go in a straight line, but it's really not worth it compared to Wand of Woh + a good fire source like Firebird eye...that Kadala doesn't want to give me...but she gives me 4 Chantdoos because hey why not right? >.>

Firebird source is a Torment-only class set item. It's not on Kadala drop list.

Blitzhex

Hey guys I need some help rerolling a couple of items for my WD, link to him here if you need it .

I'm using a pet build and want to maximize pet damage, so how do I reroll these to achieve that?
Should I reroll the crit dmg% on wep to attack speed for better APS (more fetishs spawned) or reroll the int higher?
Does the increased elite damage on SOJ affect pets dmg to elites? Would a %physical SOJ be better than a 6% crit and 45% crit dmg ring for my pets?

Wallach

I'm using a pet build and want to maximize pet damage, so how do I reroll these to achieve that?
Should I reroll the crit dmg% on wep to attack speed for better APS (more fetishs spawned) or reroll the int higher?
Does the increased elite damage on SOJ affect pets dmg to elites? Would a %physical SOJ be better than a 6% crit and 45% crit dmg ring for my pets?

Roll the SoJ into Physical % for sure.

As for the MCK, what's the max roll on the CHD? If it's close (I think it is for a RoS weapon), I'd probably either roll for higher damage or roll the INT.

Blitzhex

Roll the SoJ into Physical % for sure.

As for the MCK, what's the max roll on the CHD? If it's close (I think it is for a RoS weapon), I'd probably either roll for higher damage or roll the INT.

The CHD is max, I rerolled the wep dmg for 100 more damage. Going to go broke rerolling the SOJ though :(

Moff

found my thunderfury the first day I reached level 70. I know this doesnt benefit you, but it was on a bounty in a cave in act 2. I didnt even see it drop, a clanmate killed a white mob ahead and I just saw it laying there, I recognised it immediately of course before even picking it up.

Ohnonono

Waiting for plans to drop in this game is so mind numbing. Someone please clarify. T1-6 Rifts are where most green plans drop (I wand the + holy damage sheild.)

Do they have any chance of dropping in bounties? Is there any easier way to farm them i.e. specific bosses or spawns?

This wasn't a great weekend. The DH Sharp Shooter exploit got hotfixed so my sentry build came to a crashing halt. Now I am finding it difficult to find a new build with my DH to enjoy. On top of that, my entire weekend failed to yield a single upgrade. I have had the same crossbow for weeks, still no legendary helm or shoulders and nothing promising on the set horizon. Maybe I should go back to leveling my crusader. Damn you Blizzard! I loved that sentry build, it was so fun. If I can get that weapon that procs sentries, then I will definitely go back to a sentry-like build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom