• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

I had 3 vigor belts drop in a week or maybe Kadala gave me my last one. I don't know the odds of that. Each one with slightly more lighting skills 10,12 then 14. 20 incoming?

garath

Just curious then.. what skill do crusaders spend all their wrath on? I haven't had much of a problem keeping it pretty full, though mine is only level 61 right now. Have I been doing it wrong?

Fist of Heaven is my main spender. I use fissure right now but there's a few viable runes.

So I was soloing rifts last night and got this bit of insanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mccvBXCbRyY

There's a timestamped link in its description but basically from start to finish this was one of the most challenging rifts I've done personally. It threw so much shit at me right up front I look up at around the 8 minute mark to see the guardian's almost ready to spawn.

I ran the rest of it for elite killing and loot, but jesus my heart was in my throat through most of it.

DSmalls84

Just curious then.. what skill do crusaders spend all their wrath on? I haven't had much of a problem keeping it pretty full, though mine is only level 61 right now. Have I been doing it wrong?

Spamming Fist of the Heavens clears your Wrath pool in about 3 casts. Blessed Hammer will also deplete it quickly.

Ohnonono

I spend it on Fist of Heaven (Divine Wrath) Does huge damage, and every little AOE hit heals me because of a passive. When i run into a leet pack I crack off my law, FOH till im emptly, Blind, grab a glove, FOH till its gone, Grab a Globe exc.

It does not always work that way but it can and will a decent amount of time.

ferr

I wonder if the Traveler's Pledge set bonus could make it BiS because of the +50% CHD set bonus considering how much CHD seems to matter to damage ratings. If you could roll trifecta with the ammy and ring.

Also speaking of which, I got the traveler's pledge ammy from a cache on normal. I didn't think that set items could drop on normal. Maybe just class specific set items?

shuri

Banned
Kadala is incredibly useless. When I finally beat the final act and started doing bounties, I was expecting to get interesting for my character, but it's all 100% crap. I bought about a dozen articles so far from her, and it was all weaker stuff that I could easily find by playing normally. What a letdown.

I play on Expert, my character is level 64 now. My weapon is a legendary mace amusingly called The Nutcracker, haha

ferr

Kadala is incredibly useless. When I finally beat the final act and started doing bounties, I was expecting to get interesting for my character, but it's all 100% crap. I bought about a dozen articles so far from her, and it was all weaker stuff that I could easily find by playing normally. What a letdown.

I play on Expert, my character is level 64 now.

A dozen is nothing with Kadala. You should expect a leg from 1/10 or so, so save up your shards and just get 40 items at a time.

Ohnonono

I play on Expert, my character is level 64 now.

At 70 she can drop legendaries... you can at least shard them if they are not something worth keeping. FWIW I have a Helm and Shield that both were from her and not drops.

Celegus

No sets from Kadala. Anything that would only drop in T1 or higher (like set pieces) won't drop from Kadala.

Really? I thought the tooltip said she can give you set items too. I haven't gotten anything decent at all from her yet, but haven't been 70 for all that long yet.

bcl0328

Really? I thought the tooltip said she can give you set items too. I haven't gotten anything decent at all from her yet, but haven't been 70 for all that long yet.

she can give set items, just not class set items like firebird, immortal king, tal rasha.

garath

I play on Expert, my character is level 64 now. My weapon is a legendary mace amusingly called The Nutcracker, haha

Save your shards till 70 anyways. Then spend them en masse.

A dozen is nothing with Kadala. You should expect a leg from 1/10 or so, so save up your shards and just get 40 items at a time.

The last 500 shards I didn't see a single legendary. But when I do, it's the same crappy ones I've seen time and time again. Seems like the game refuses to cough up anything rare or good for me anymore... =\

Good luck. I've spent 3600ish shards and got a total of 2 legs (I know there are people worse off, but yea). Don't expect anything but disappointment from Kadala haha.

I touched my Wizard on the weekend to try... needed a source to I went to Kadala, literally, two clicks I had two legendaries.

It's too bad I don't really care about my Wizard and the bitch Kadala refuses to give me monk legendaries now I am working on my monk.

As a DH I can clear 5 bounties on any act on normal in 7-10 mins this way (require Fire Walkers boots), wouldn't be possible on T1:
- equip the boots
- set one of your passives to Hot Pursuit. Now, the trail of fire left by the boots counts as dmg dealt by your character, so simply running past an enemy will trigger the passive, the enemy will try to follow you and die. Chain enemies and breakables (they count as well) and you'll always have the +20% MS buff, clearing those annoying 100/150 enemies killed bounties without even trying. Only stop for the occasional elites. If you don't need to pickup yellow items for money/mats it's even faster since you don't need to empty your bag
- bonus: for legs farming equip Nemesis Bracers if you have them, you'll encounter several shrines breezing through the fields so 1shotting elite spawns will be a plus for that

This is brilliant. I have the firewalkers (and ironically just salvaged Nemesis Bracers last night, oops) If you need to farm gems this is also crazy fast. I just drop the occasional sentry in a cluster of mobs and that and the firewalkers take care of any kill count bounties.

This is brilliant. I have the firewalkers (and ironically just salvaged Nemesis Bracers last night, oops) If you need to farm gems this is also crazy fast. I just drop the occasional sentry in a cluster of mobs and that and the firewalkers take care of any kill count bounties.

Man I need to figure out some metagame like this. Instead I blew my left wrist out playing my monk this weekend and now I'm wearing a brace at work.

ferr

Vaulting with the Vault MS passive is great for this as well.

Tom Penny

Kadala is a total dice roll. Pick things that take 5 shards. At least your odds go up on quantity. I spend well over 2000 shards on amulets and got a crappy eyeball looking one. I didn't even get one that I could trifecta which is my goal.

mileS

It's absolutely insane. My barb can lazily click his way through T4.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/3811704
You see the way it works is that shard of hate poops out like 4 shock pulses every time you attack with a lightning skill. Soo when you use something like whirlwind with wind shear to make it do lightning damage it just shits out an ocean of lightning bolts in front of you.

Each one does 210% weapon damage, modified by all the +lightning damage gear you have.

Essentially, each time my barb spins he releases four 7million damage bolts, and that's not counting the actual damage from whirlwind. That's not for a full rotation either, in full 1 second of me holding down whirlwind he probably does ~48 million damage.

So basically I have a few damage sources.

WW itself doing 5mil
Shard doing 7mil
Odynson doing like 10 mil or whatever broken amount it currently does
T Gods doing 4-5 mil
Pox faulds ticking for like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil
Andy's doing like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil

The only way I really die is if I get over zealous or stop paying attention...or I am in T5 / T6 as my toughness isn't high enough for that.

In what world does WW itself do 5mil? Shard do FOUR 7mil bolts? please explain this to me.

here's my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Miles-1742/hero/6097905

Guess its the fact that you have more lightning dmg than I do. Last I heard +%lightning dmg doesn't even effect the dmg from the proc.

Guess my point is the WW barb with the Shard may be powerful, but I fail to see why people think its game breaking overpowered (not addressing you, just going from what I've seen people say) You clearly still need the gear for it. Almost any class right now with the right gear is going to progress through torment levels just fine. I'm getting sick and tired of the witch hunt for nerf this nerf that. If people actually took the time to improve their character they would find that they can be slightly overpowered as well. Crusaders can stomp t5 and t6 stupidly easy now from what I've seen, nobody is crying to the mountains for them to get nerfed are they.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
In what world does WW itself do 5mil? Shard do FOUR 7mil bolts? please explain this to me.

here's my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Miles-1742/hero/6097905

Guess its the fact that you have more lightning dmg than I do. Last I heard +%lightning dmg doesn't even effect the dmg from the proc.

In my world :p

Yeah I think it's the fact that I have more strength (which directly contributes to weapon damage more than other stats) and 101% lightning damage vs your 30% so everything that deals lightning damage (including WW to which I also have +12% WW damage for) just does double damage, and lighting damage absolutely affects the proc.

Woops didn't see your edit.

Guess my point is the WW barb with the Shard may be powerful, but I fail to see why people think its game breaking overpowered (not addressing you, just going from what I've seen people say) You clearly still need the gear for it. Almost any class right now with the right gear is going to progress through torment levels just fine. I'm getting sick and tired of the witch hunt for nerf this nerf that. If people actually took the time to improve their character they would find that they can be slightly overpowered as well. Crusaders can stomp t5 and t6 stupidly easy now from what I've seen, nobody is crying to the mountains for them to get nerfed are they.

Naw I understand what you mean, it looks overpowered to many because it does appear to be so gamebreaking when in fact it's just going all in on one item. Gearing around that and making sure it's fully supported. The reason why I think people really think it's over powered is just the insane proc coefficient with WW, it's literally an ocean of bolts as you may have noticed, I've killed elite packs from ranged just through SoH bolt damage by WWing towards them.

I think the witch hunts for nerfs would be better put to use if it was a crusader for BUFFS, make all those boring items interesting! Make gear more interesting! Shard is a joy to build around (even if all you're doing is getting lightning damage and other elemental procs) because it's hilarious and exciting to watch shard work. It's nice to see synergies in your gear and things come together and there are very few items in this game that feel like you can do that.

mileS

Can any fellow Wizards explain the love for Mirrorball? Are the two extra MMs really that useful? Is there something I'm missing?

Simple math really. Decently geared Wiz will have a MM crit for about 3mil. 3mil x3. Then you can use the fire rune and have MM that not only pierce, but stack the damage dots extremely fast. All of a sudden your filler/builder becomes just as powerful as your main arcane dump. At this point its pretty easy to understand why it's one of the best sources in the game.

Celegus

Also speaking of which, I got the traveler's pledge ammy from a cache on normal. I didn't think that set items could drop on normal. Maybe just class specific set items?

I just got one of the Bul Kathos swords on normal last night, so it's probably just the super good class sets that won't drop.

Dahbomb

I don't care about WW Barb, I care about Shard of Hate. It's clearly broken, like anyone who goes from just farming T1 instantly to farming T3 knows this. A Monk can go higher DPS wise with a Shard of Hate over a WKL as farm as lightning build goes. To me it's as bad as the 1 Hour Shrine Glove thing.

Basically one item boosting you that high up is sort of stupid. I am not surprised this weapon ended up being broken considering that it didn't get tested as it was a community made Legendary just recently introduced.

Remember when there were items in the game that could proc a crap ton of Health Globes? That was nerfed hardcore. Those items still exist but they proc much less frequently. I expect something similar here with Shard of Hate, they are going to reduce the proc rate on it.

Grampasso

Cool. I'm missing my pair from Danetta's sadly, nor I have the Fire Walkers. But I suppose I could work around it :p

Still glad the DH is my best equipped character, since they are the fastest.
You can work around that using Fan of Knives (not using the bow you don't stop running) runed with Knives Expert (no CD, 30 hatred cost), equip Sash of Knives (hugely increase FoK dmg) and run through enemies spamming that. The only problem is you'll probably run into hatred shortage if your hatred regen is not high (at least 10/s)

Simple math really. Decently geared Wiz will have a MM crit for about 3mil. 3mil x3. Then you can use the fire rune and have MM that not only pierce, but stack the damage dots extremely fast. All of a sudden your filler/builder becomes just as powerful as your main arcane dump. At this point its pretty easy to understand why it's one of the best sources in the game.

Thanks. I've never used MM so I'm not entirely familiar with all the runes.

Tom Penny

I don't care about WW Barb, I care about Shard of Hate. It's clearly broken, like anyone who goes from just farming T1 instantly to farming T3 knows this. A Monk can go higher DPS wise with a Shard of Hate over a WKL as farm as lightning build goes. To me it's as bad as the 1 Hour Shrine Glove thing.

Basically one item boosting you that high up is sort of stupid. I am not surprised this weapon ended up being broken considering that it didn't get tested as it was a community made Legendary just recently introduced.

Remember when there were items in the game that could proc a crap ton of Health Globes? That was nerfed hardcore. Those items still exist but they proc much less frequently. I expect something similar here with Shard of Hate, they are going to reduce the proc rate on it.

I'm thinking proc on crit or something? That's a 40-50% chance I suppose if geared for it probably more actually based on attack speed. I need to find an Odyn Son to cover all my bases :) I have a crappy 17% Won Khim and Fulmingator to go with Thunderfury but there is no comparison. Shard kills 3x faster.

th3dude

Yeah this is wrong. I rolled it holy and it totally procs and melts faces. (to clarify nothing else I am running can do 4+ million crits behind me while I spam slash/zeal. It is the only thing that can be making the damage number and it lines up with the proc animation.

I am sooooo glad to hear that. I can't wait to get mine rolled to holy. Loving that weapon. Can I see a link to your profile?

mileS

Thanks. I've never used MM so I'm not entirely familiar with all the runes.

Np, Don't mean to come across rude or anything. Just in my head that was a simple way of explaining it. MM is great. I was using that for the Frozen Orb and Fire builds even without the Mirrorball. Try it out.

Hari Seldon

Finally made it so Torment 1 bounties are not that slow. What I don't like right now is that I'm getting all of these mats for legendary crafting stuff but I have no plans. The two plans I do have I have no mats for.

Dahbomb

Finally made it so Torment 1 bounties are not that slow. What I don't like right now is that I'm getting all of these mats for legendary crafting stuff but I have no plans. The two plans I do have I have no mats for.
Just keep playing, you will get the plans eventually.

I'm thinking proc on crit or something? That's a 40-50% chance I suppose if geared for it probably more actually based on attack speed. I need to find an Odyn Son to cover all my bases :) I have a crappy 17% Won Khim and Fulmingator to go with Thunderfury but there is no comparison. Shard kills 3x faster.
Not sure how they will do it but it's probably coming so people should prepare themselves. Either internal cooldown or reduced chance to proc (proc on crit) or both.

They are also probably going to be looking at some of the pets in terms of damage output.

kagete

I'm jelly of friends with SoH and Thunderfury but really, broken legendary and set combos are all we have as incentive to play the lategame of Diablo 3. Most of us have been there at launch and the few months after struggling through inferno. There was one guy on our friends list who had a set piece dropped and we ooh-ed and ahh-ed and never even dreamed we could even see that set completed even if everyone pooled all their drops (and resisted putting them up for auction).

Maximus is fairly common as far as legendary drops go and crusaders can even wield this one-handed but it doesn't get as much flak or love. Chance for a summon that has great presence with the large model and red-hot sword, decent tanking, and ridiculous firechains that crit for 4M each, 4 times a second on my 400k dps barb or wizard. I honestly think it deserves a nerf just as much as SoH does. But then again, I don't think SoH or any legendary that isn't clearly broken should be nerfed at all. Barbs can gear to Earthquake on leap, and do 3x leaps for 3x 4500% weapon damage every 12 seconds and that's fine because those are absolutely rare legendary and set items that they have to farm hundreds of hours for.

Diablo is a loot treadmill and these legendary carrots have to be juicy enough for us to lust over. Instead of nerfing individual ones, spend more time trying to create newer, unique items! I wouldn't even mind if somehow each existing skill (and even skill/rune combo) is mapped as a legendary effect to items. It would really make this game fresh for longer and give us a ton of loot and built diversity.

Np, Don't mean to come across rude or anything. Just in my head that was a simple way of explaining it. MM is great. I was using that for the Frozen Orb and Fire builds even without the Mirrorball. Try it out.

Yeah your explanation clearly explained the benefits. I'm doing some pre-planning (always difficult when you don't know the rolls on future items), but I'm curious if Mirrorball with MM would outweigh my current Triumvirate for the 4 piece Tal proc.

scy

I don't care about WW Barb, I care about Shard of Hate. It's clearly broken, like anyone who goes from just farming T1 instantly to farming T3 knows this.

It's not like Shard of Hate is the only thing that does this. My Wizard went from T1 geared to probably T3 by getting a Mirrorball. Any Leg affix that is essentially adding an extra 200-300% damage per click is just going to massively change what you can farm. The biggest gear check for T1 -> T2 -> T3 is mostly the damage output.

I'd rather just have more weapons that operate like Shard of Hate, Thunderfury, Mirrorball, etc. do that essentially double/triple your damage. I suppose I'm biased since I have them but they're not really worth nerfing when there's so many shitty Legendaries that can just be made to be on par with them.

Dahbomb

Legendaries that increase your DPS by 3x are about the limit of what I can handle. Of course SoH in some builds does way more than that even so it's clearly ahead of the pack.

They should definitely be buffing some of the crappier Legendaries though but there has to be some limit to how good a Legendary can be. Otherwise we are just reaching into joke of a game territory where the difference between T1 and T6 is one item.

Miletius

For what it's worth, I've never got anything useful from Kadala, and I think I've spent over 1000 shards easy. I just don't really go in expecting anything and that's fine. Not complaining, because I've got plenty of upgrades otherwise, but yeah, I find her the least appealing part of RoS.

Maybe she gives you stuff based on what you've found recently, perhaps.

I've been stashing stuff for a lightning monk that I acquire with my fire monk. I'm close to swapping and testing. I think I have 90 to lightning stashed away including a WKL / fulminator / SOJ / thunder god belt ... If I can find a decent ammy I may try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom