• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Man.. put tons of hours into my DH, nary a legendary that benefits her.

Level a crusader to 70 in adventure mode and start running through story mode on normal and up to Diablo, I already have as much sheet dps as my DH......

New character lucky? Gearing up two chars with gems and rerolls are pretty expensive though :(

Ohnonono

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

here is my dude as of today. I feel like he is wrecking face. In multiplayer I use Justice because it hits hard, with seeking it hits always and I am slow as fuck. Solo I switch to Zeal because I have so many damage effects going on in my general area I would hate to miss out on Scourge/helm/pants damage. Divine Well is a fucking beast. Now working on drops for the plans for the +holy damage green shield and the baller holy flail that the BS can make and I can turn this into a 1 hander build swap shields and gain lots O block.

DSmalls84

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

here is my dude as of today. I feel like he is wrecking face. In multiplayer I use Justice because it hits hard, with seeking it hits always and I am slow as fuck. Solo I switch to Zeal because I have so many damage effects going on in my general area I would hate to miss out on Scourge/helm/pants damage. Divine Well is a fucking beast. Now working on drops for the plans for the +holy damage green shield and the baller holy flail that the BS can make and I can turn this into a 1 hander build swap shields and gain lots O block.

I have been running Zeal/ Divine Well and you can definitely do some awesome AOE damage.

Is it worth using a Hallowed Shield over the Defender of Westmarch? I totally overlooked the fact that it rolled Holy damage. I could get up in the 50-60% holy damage range if I switched over to my Skycutter as well. Epiphany moment lol.

Ohnonono

I have been running Zeal/ Divine Well and you can definitely do some awesome AOE damage.

Is it worth using a Hallowed Shield over the Defender of Westmarch? I totally overlooked the fact that it rolled Holy damage. I could get up in the 50-60% holy damage range if I switched over to my Skycutter as well. Epiphany moment lol.

I don't have any of those so I don't get to even make the choice but my answer would be yes. Stack holy % all the damn time.

ALL I WANT is a hallowed shield plans to drop. Holy Scourge is amazing enough as it is.

Also without those items you mention I have 49% holy damage. You CAN get real close to 100% I think.

DSmalls84

I don't have any of those so I don't get to even make the choice but my answer would be yes. Stack holy % all the damn time.

Time to go hunt some mats/shields. I have the plan and even crafted one before I hit 60, but for some reason I totally forgot it existed. Maybe I can find a way to work in the set bonus as well.

Tom Penny

T6 will be "easy" eventually. After just a few weeks I can solo T4 quite well on my Monk. I do not have a Shard of Hate or Thunderfury yet however.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anuiran-1336/hero/868735

MP10 at one point was "semi impossible" also.

I figure T6 will be on farm by most people in a couple more weeks.

Doubt it. I can do T4 too but I wouldn't say it's efficient unless it's in a group. Solo monking T6 which I tried as a joke is insane. Yeah white mobs die but elites take 5+ minutes at least to take down..if you run into to 2 kiting forget about it. You would probably need 2500 resists 25 million toughness and be critting 10+ million constantly to even do it slow. Only guy I saw doing had a specifit two hander that I salvaged one time lol

I can now solo T2 in about 7-10 minutes so it's easily the most efficient for now. Just stacking shards until I can get lucky and land / enchant a trifecta amulet from Kadala.

Ohnonono

Time to go hunt some mats/shields. I have the plan and even crafted one before I hit 60, but for some reason I totally forgot it existed. Maybe I can find a way to work in the set bonus as well.

Unless Crusaders can use 1 handed axes (i dont think we can) then we cannot get the bonus even with the ring (it requires 2 parts :()

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I will not sleep until I get defender of westmarch, pox faulds and moonlight ward to go with my thundergods vigor, firewalkers and schaefers hammer

taybul

This wasn't a great weekend. The DH Sharp Shooter exploit got hotfixed so my sentry build came to a crashing halt. Now I am finding it difficult to find a new build with my DH to enjoy. On top of that, my entire weekend failed to yield a single upgrade. I have had the same crossbow for weeks, still no legendary helm or shoulders and nothing promising on the set horizon. Maybe I should go back to leveling my crusader. Damn you Blizzard! I loved that sentry build, it was so fun. If I can get that weapon that procs sentries, then I will definitely go back to a sentry-like build.

Same here, man. Started doing T2 just to see if I could do it (750k dps/4.5M in-game tough, not sure why I didn't try it earlier) and got a ring within seconds: my THIRD Occulus ring, and the legendary Templar relic, which wasn't a bad drop but nothing else for a while. Decided to farm Mal to make some bracers, finally dropped one, crafted it, +Lightning damage =\ Didn't have crit either so I didn't want to blow my enchants on an already gimped item.

Wickwire

What is the issue with Barbs and Shard of Hate? My barb is probably my 4th or 5th least played class so I don't read up on them at all.

Celegus

Same here, man. Started doing T2 just to see if I could do it (750k dps/4.5M in-game tough, not sure why I didn't try it earlier) and got a ring within seconds: my THIRD Occulus ring, and the legendary Templar relic, which wasn't a bad drop but nothing else for a while. Decided to farm Mal to make some bracers, finally dropped one, crafted it, +Lightning damage =\ Didn't have crit either so I didn't want to blow my enchants on an already gimped item.

Do specific bosses drop specific materials or plans? I did get the Reaper Bracers plan and material from him the first time I killed him, but are there other bosses that do that too?

taybul

Do specific bosses drop specific materials or plans? I did get the Reaper Bracers plan and material from him the first time I killed him, but are there other bosses that do that too?

Um, some legendary crafting mats are exclusive to some purple mobs in the game but the plans can drop anywhere I believe.

Yeah there is an elite in the oasis that drops a specific mat too. Forget the name offhand begins with an s though. ssarath or something. The purple right outside the door to temple

Wickwire

Waiting for plans to drop in this game is so mind numbing. Someone please clarify. T1-6 Rifts are where most green plans drop (I wand the + holy damage sheild.)

Do they have any chance of dropping in bounties? Is there any easier way to farm them i.e. specific bosses or spawns?

My friend and I have opposite problems. He's overflowing with crafting mats and has no plans. I, on the other hand, no longer get excited when I see a green or brown light column because its always a plan and have very little souls or leg crafting mats.

Grampasso

Ugh, got my first piece of Marauder's yesterday (dropped while doing "just one more rift before sleep"). Of course it had to be the pants, since I just crafted 2 pieces of Cain's set (boots and pants) and rolled 2 sockets into the pants :)

Not complaining, but goddamn, I have a feeling I'll have to do normal bounty farm today in act1 to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur :(

if I can clear T1 bounties "almost as fast" as normals, are they worth doing? Does that +leg drop rate in Torment affect bounty boxes? Or should I just zerg normal difficulty superfast?
As a DH I can clear 5 bounties on any act on normal in 7-10 mins this way (require Fire Walkers boots), wouldn't be possible on T1:
- equip the boots
- set one of your passives to Hot Pursuit. Now, the trail of fire left by the boots counts as dmg dealt by your character, so simply running past an enemy will trigger the passive, the enemy will try to follow you and die. Chain enemies and breakables (they count as well) and you'll always have the +20% MS buff, clearing those annoying 100/150 enemies killed bounties without even trying. Only stop for the occasional elites. If you don't need to pickup yellow items for money/mats it's even faster since you don't need to empty your bag
- bonus: for legs farming equip Nemesis Bracers if you have them, you'll encounter several shrines breezing through the fields so 1shotting elite spawns will be a plus for that

Omnicent

This was the best weekend ever. I got Fate of The Fell (this weapon changes everything!) and a piece of the crusader set.

My cooldown build is even crazier in packs and in single target the beams from blessed ground will target the same enemy consistently (if its the only enemy in the area like Ghom).

Also tried out the shotgun spec and it's also fun (though I still prefer spamming cool downs).
Now to get 4 more pieces of the class set (and more RoRG since the one I have is not that great) and work on a Captain Crusader spec.

Ohnonono

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
As a DH I can clear 5 bounties on any act on normal in 7-10 mins this way (require Fire Walkers boots), wouldn't be possible on T1:
- equip the boots
- set one of your passives to Hot Pursuit. Now, the trail of fire left by the boots counts as dmg dealt by your character, so simply running past an enemy will trigger the passive, the enemy will try to follow you and die. Chain enemies and breakables (they count as well) and you'll always have the +20% MS buff, clearing those annoying 100/150 enemies killed bounties without even trying. Only stop for the occasional elites. If you don't need to pickup yellow items for money/mats it's even faster since you don't need to empty your bag
- bonus: for legs farming equip Nemesis Bracers if you have them, you'll encounter several shrines breezing through the fields so 1shotting elite spawns will be a plus for that

Also use warzechian armguards if it drops... (,+50% move speed when breaking something in the environment) Firewalkers + destructable objects means little effort to maintain a very high MS

When in dungeons I can sustain my movement almost from beginning to end

Someone recommend a good monk build. I always feel like I'm in need of spirit

Here is my current one
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/plbelanger-1923/hero/40725403

Do you play group or solo? That is a lot of spirit spenders. Exploding palm is really good for spending a small amount of spirit for a big return. Ltk is also very good with the stun rune or fire if you are a fire monk. You may want to switch your main attack to wothf:fof as it is supposed to be the best overall. You also may want to consider epiphany: inner fire as it does a lot of damage while building spirit.

Tom Penny

I'm over long farming sessions for Ring of Grandeur. So boring and I straight get pissed off on dumb quests like the spider lair that are annoying mazes. At least immediately have an arrow pointing in the direction I need to go.

Ohnonono

It's tough to decide to use that or my 2800 damage Scourge. I think the Scourge has the damage advantage, but not having to use Heavenly Strength as a passive is a nice trade off.

See my Scourge has holy damage. So its just an absolute monster. I would only change it for a 1 hand build for fun and to open up passives for block stuff for higher tiers.

garath

Lucky. I've killed Mal 3 times on T2 and 3 times on normal for no material :( Did it post patch too.

At this point I think my crusader will finish his story run and hopefully get the material (since I have the plans already) and be able to make the wraps for my DH.

Though I'm starting to wonder if I should just keep playing the crusader instead of DH.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What is the issue with Barbs and Shard of Hate? My barb is probably my 4th or 5th least played class so I don't read up on them at all.

It's absolutely insane. My barb can lazily click his way through T4.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/3811704
You see the way it works is that shard of hate poops out like 4 shock pulses every time you attack with a lightning skill. Soo when you use something like whirlwind with wind shear to make it do lightning damage it just shits out an ocean of lightning bolts in front of you.

Each one does 210% weapon damage, modified by all the +lightning damage gear you have.

Essentially, each time my barb spins he releases four 7million damage bolts, and that's not counting the actual damage from whirlwind. That's not for a full rotation either, in full 1 second of me holding down whirlwind he probably does ~48 million damage.

So basically I have a few damage sources.

WW itself doing 5mil
Shard doing 7mil
Odynson doing like 10 mil or whatever broken amount it currently does
T Gods doing 4-5 mil
Pox faulds ticking for like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil
Andy's doing like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil

The only way I really die is if I get over zealous or stop paying attention...or I am in T5 / T6 as my toughness isn't high enough for that.

DSmalls84

You see the way it works is that shard of hate poops out like 4 shock pulses every time you attack with a lightning skill. Soo when you use something like whirlwind with wind shear to make it do lightning damage it just shits out an ocean of lightning bolts in front of you.

Each one does 210% weapon damage, modified by all the +lightning damage gear you have.

Essentially, each time my barb spins he releases 4 7million damage bolts. That's not for a full rotation either, in full 1 second of me holding down whirlwind he probably does ~48 million damage.

Nerfs incoming? It doesn't bother me personally to see people doing that much damage, but it does seem like a pretty huge difference over the damage the average player probably outputs.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Nerfs incoming? It doesn't bother me personally to see people doing that much damage, but it does seem like a pretty huge difference over the damage the average player probably outputs.

I hope not it's fun :D
Also it's not like it took me 1 day to put together, scrounging up the lightning damage gear was a real nightmare.

Refresh and read the edit on my post, it'll blow your mind away

DSmalls84

I hope not it's fun :D
Also it's not like it took me 1 day to put together, scrounging up the lightning damage gear was a real nightmare.

Refresh and read the edit on my post, it'll blow your mind away

lol I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

Over 100 hours on my Crusader now and I'm at almost 1.1 mil sheet damage, but I don't feel super effective in higher Torment levels yet. I just got my first piece of the Akkhan set this weekend though, so I feel compelled to complete it now. As tempting as gearing a barb is, I need to stay the course. Too much time invested now.

th3dude

Do NOT reroll Scourge damage to a different element than poison. As far as I know, the proc won't work with a non-poison damage (if its a bug or intended, no idea). Get some Cooldown Reduction for that Vit and you will be served.

Well, I had already rerolled the Poison damage. I don't have it to Holy yet (ran out of mats), but it is currently just 'Damage'.

I can confirm that the proc is still firing, but didn't pay attention to see if it was causing damage. I will study it more when I get home.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Essentially, each time my barb spins he releases four 7million damage bolts, and that's not counting the actual damage from whirlwind. That's not for a full rotation either, in full 1 second of me holding down whirlwind he probably does ~48 million damage.

So basically I have a few damage sources.

WW itself doing 5mil
Shard doing 7mil
Odynson doing like 10 mil or whatever broken amount it currently does
T Gods doing 4-5 mil
Pox faulds ticking for like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil
Andy's doing like 2mil AND procing the 210% poison nova on my shard for an additional 2mil

The only way I really die is if I get over zealous or stop paying attention...or I am in T5 / T6 as my toughness isn't high enough for that.

WTF is it with the gear? I'm p168 (not that far behind) and haven't received a single piece of that OP stuff. No TG vigor, no SoH, no Odyn, no Andys, no Pox, no TF. How????? I struggle to get through T3 in 20 minutes.

Also, what to people mean by rift completion time? Time to kill Rift guardian (which is frequently pretty quick) or a full clear of all levels (which can take 2-3x as long)?

Celegus

Lucky. I've killed Mal 3 times on T2 and 3 times on normal for no material :( Did it post patch too.

At this point I think my crusader will finish his story run and hopefully get the material (since I have the plans already) and be able to make the wraps for my DH.

Though I'm starting to wonder if I should just keep playing the crusader instead of DH.

What class are those bracers really good for? I mostly play barb, so the whole "regain 25% of your resource from globes" is pretty meaningless since I'm never low on fury.

Ohnonono

Well, I had already rerolled the Poison damage. I don't have it to Holy yet (ran out of mats), but it is currently just 'Damage'.

I can confirm that the proc is still firing, but didn't pay attention to see if it was causing damage. I will study it more when I get home.

Yeah this is wrong. I rolled it holy and it totally procs and melts faces. (to clarify nothing else I am running can do 4+ million crits behind me while I spam slash/zeal. It is the only thing that can be making the damage number and it lines up with the proc animation.

taybul

What class are those bracers really good for? I mostly play barb, so the whole "regain 25% of your resource from globes" is pretty meaningless since I'm never low on fury.

Any class with expensive spenders. As a DH our typical go-to skill is Cluster Arrow which consumes 40 Hatred (before resource reduction) which is roughly 30% of a DH's resource pool so this bracer is pretty good for us.

SoundLad

In work now but thought I'd ask before I got home for more Diablo - does the wizard passive Arcane Dynamo work for Hydra (Frost rune in particular) for the entire duration of the Hydra? Just got a legendary helm last night that allows the frost hydra to cast Frost Nova and was wondering if AD would stack with these effects. Cheers for any feedback

garath

I want them on both my crusader and DH. Both classes are more aligned with a "dump all your resource for burst" style of play.

They'll add a significant boost to drawn out fights.

desverger

- equip the boots

Cool. I'm missing my pair from Danetta's sadly, nor I have the Fire Walkers. But I suppose I could work around it :p

Still glad the DH is my best equipped character, since they are the fastest.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Demon Hunter.

The top Paragon level player on DiabloProgress is a Demon Hunter now: http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_paragon2

Profile: http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/dmoe-1930?redir_hero

It might not work on higher torment, but that doesn't really matter since the scaling is so flat. Cluster Arrow: Loaded for Bear does as much damage as the barb's Avalanche, with no cooldown. Reaper's Wraps refills your hatred with the health globes left behind after the carnage. Vault to the next (spending hatred instead of discipline thanks to Danetta's), boom, refill, keep moving.

j-wood

Is it possible the drop rate is bugged right now? I played all weekend...did a ton of rifts. 2 legendaries.

Meanwhile, everyone I play with gets them like candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom