• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
only had $12 on my battlenet balance from selling stuff on the RMAH so I Just added funds to make up the difference for RoS, 1-3 day waiting period, Seriously?
Quick google search tells me it could take longer. Hopefully it'll get to me before the 25th...

I'm not surprised. Everyone I know has found good stuff. I've gone from paragon 189 to 382 since the patch and that's the only item I found that I would classify as build-defining/game changing. Everything else I've found are glorified rares. I know these items exist in the game, but I'm not getting them.
Question- have you been doing a lot of COTA runs or other XP exploit-ish type stuff? I'm asking because most of the people who have jumped insane paragon levels have been doing T6 COTA or whatever the flavor of the day is, and in those runs you don't get as many items.
I've just been playing the game, sometimes I'll do a full playthrough, sometimes join rand public games, anything.

KarmaCow

Ugh, trying to get the Gibbering Gemstone for the Staff of Herding is getting really annoying. The multiplicative aspect of the RNG where you need a cave to spawn, then have an enemy spawn and then have the enemy drop is really demoralizing. I had every single other piece just from playing the game normally over a year ago but never bothered to actually try to get the last piece I needed. Apparently the enemy would always drop it pre-2.0 which just makes the 20 times I've killed it now all the more bitter.

Also has Blizzard said how the drop system for legendaries work? I seem to go through massive dry spells and then get three or four in a row in one map. I've been consistently getting upgrades otherwise or at least sidegrades through yellows, but the legendary drop rate seems odd.

Ugh, trying to get the Gibbering Gemstone for the Staff of Herding is getting really annoying. The multiplicative aspect of the RNG where you need a cave to spawn, then have an enemy spawn and then have the enemy drop is really demoralizing. I had every single other piece just from playing the game normally over a year ago but never bothered to actually try to get the last piece I needed. Apparently the enemy would always drop it pre-2.0 which just makes the 20 times I've killed it now all the more bitter.

Also has Blizzard said how the drop system for legendaries work? I seem to go through massive dry spells and then get three or four in a row in one map. I've been consistently getting upgrades otherwise or at least sidegrades through yellows, but the legendary drop rate seems odd.
Did they fix the bug where the gemstone has like a 0.5% chance to drop from the spawn?
I have an extra one in my stash, I wish I could give it to you (acc bound) :(

Firemind

only had $12 on my battlenet balance from selling stuff on the RMAH so I Just added funds to make up the difference for RoS, 1-3 day waiting period, Seriously?
Quick google search tells me it could take longer. Hopefully it'll get to me before the 25th...

I have 38.20 on my account but I had to add a minimum of 10 bucks. Fucking Blizzard.

Cynar

This, word by word.

In essence, BoA is good for the game because it is bad for trading and trading is BAD for the game.
Well said. Too bad we can't have mods deleting posts about it like blues do on battle.net. At this point it's just pointless spam from the people who made money from the auction house hoping to sway opinions like was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK IT, I GAVE IN

Purchased: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Digital Deluxe Edition – Order #XXXXXXXXXXXX

Krassus

Is something up with the loot coding? Rolled some Hellfire rings for STR and ended up with INT? and one with STR + INT. Also getting random drops like a WD set helm on my monk.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not retail? I am disappointed man
You honestly think I'm willing to camp outside in minus degrees and then play the game an entire hour later than everyone? Aw fuck no man, that shit is way old school.

Buying the retail CE the week after

Is something up with the loot coding? Rolled some Hellfire rings for STR and ended up with INT? and one with STR + INT. Also getting random drops like a WD set helm on my monk.

Were you rolling Hellfire Rings while on a Wizard or WD? They tend to roll with the main stat of the character you're on at that time. WD set helm is intended, just to encourage alt-creation.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
EVERYONE was surprised!

We need to add some little glowy wings:

oct7wiG.png

edit: and a shield, and hammers

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So me and 3 of my friends are going through fresh characters . We keep raising the difficulty and we keep blowing through everything. Level 41 at the moment in Act 2. I guess we just raise it to Torment 1 and see how it goes.

Xander51

I'm probably gonna pre-order ROS today. Been playing through the game again post-patch and falling in love all over again. So good.

I'm probably gonna pre-order ROS today. Been playing through the game again post-patch and falling in love all over again. So good.

I preordered after I figured out that you can just buy the game off of the US store and gift it to yourself if you're a EU player, saved me 13 euros in the process.

Yoshichan

Actually, you're fucking right. I did switch it for vanilla D3 and PS3 D3.

Can someone make it so that it doesn't look like shit in Dark Theme GAF? Perhaps give the text a slight bright glow around it?

FDgEptn.png

Thanks ya'll ♥

th3dude

Same. All I get are 2h legs :(

I know it has been talked about and I'm sorry for not looking harder for the answer, but what are the issues with 2H legendary drops right now? I keep hearing that they are broken and even Blizz acknowledged it, but I don't understand why just that specific type is broken.

kirblar

I know it has been talked about and I'm sorry for not looking harder for the answer, but what are the issues with 2H legendary drops right now? I keep hearing that they are broken and even Blizz acknowledged it, but I don't understand why just that specific type is broken.
They're broken because the ilvl you're supposed to get (63) is now actually set to only drop at level 63. They've said it isn't an issue at 70.

In short, with the current way scaling works, Legendary items use white items as "templates" for their base stats. However in the case of 2H, there are no level 60 white items to use as templates, so when you find a 2H legendary at level 60 you get one that used a level 57 2H as a template instead resulting in very low damage on the item. This is because with the new scaling ilevel = required level, so the better weapons are out of reach since they were ilevel 61-63.

An example: Skorn used to roll using an ilevel 63 Decapitator as template in the previous system, with the new scaling system it rolls using an ilevel 57 Valaska instead. (The highest <60 2H axe)

Nokterian

Totally randomized dungeons.

But the big draw is never hearing anyone talk ever again.

Thank god for that i am all ready tired of hearing each npc talk. "Hadrig i don't feel so well!" On and on and on. Adventure Mode will be my suck up time for sure. I will play Act 5 with my Monk or Wizard.

Dahbomb

You guys do know that you can turn the voice over volume to 0 right? No more having to hear story/cutscene dialogue or random "WHAT A MONSTROUS CREATURE!"

Insaniac

man, why is RoS releasing on tuesday :( wish I could have all weekend to play it.

You guys do know that you can turn the voice over volume to 0 right? No more having to hear story/cutscene dialogue or random "WHAT A MONSTROUS CREATURE!"

why would you want to do that?!

"GLORIOUS!"

I seriously think that they have intentionally made the drop rates higher for 2H legendary weapons higher than anything else, for what ever reason. It can't just be a coincidence at this point, it's as widespread as it gets.

Funny all this talk about bad 2h and just an hour ago my first drop was The Grand Vizier, 1100 dps 2hander with nothing special.

The most excited thing for me in RoS is using the 61+ abilities. Really can't wait to use Piranhas, locust swarm, and haunt with the passive that makes them tick forever.

Yoshichan

vKHVFQC.png

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negator

I don't necessarily think people find 2h most of the time over other types of legendaries, you probably just remember all the times you've gotten them because they are all awful and useless.

So the store claims D3 standard edition owners get a discount on the digital deluxe edition of RoS, but for some reason I don't see it applied at all. What gives?

friday

So, what do you guys do for lvling to 60 once you have completed act I - IV? I ran CotA for a bit last night and racked up a few levels pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom