• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Anybody done any theory crafting on monk builds? I had been building a lit monk but it really irked me that I only had two lit skills: sw/ltk so I'm working on a phys monk build instead.

Right now I've got this set of skills with +50% phys skill dmg:

Epiphany: desert storm
Dashing strike: barrage
Sweeping winds: blade storm
MoC: annihilation
WotHF: FoL
Exploding palm: flesh is weak

Apologies for no bnet link but I'm posting on mobile right now.

Edit: Profile link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/3497920 Was playing around with skillsfor testing procs etc. before I logged last, which is why things aren't exactly like I posted above. Also, for passives: Swap in Combination Strike for Mythic Rhythm. I've also been thinking about losing Transcendence at some point.

Reasoning for desert storm over fire rune is because at t3+ I need the mitigation for the rougher elite packs, and I like epiphany over ltk for the utility. Ltk also feels low in sustained damage because to best use you need to mythic rhythm it, spacing out the damage spikes. Then again, I don't know exactly how the fire rune works; like if I use a phys generator with +50% phys dmg, does it first that the 150% dmg and then convert to 350% fire? Or is it just all damage is converted to 350% fire and then multiplied by +fire%?

I just hit level 70 on my first character, a crusader, a few minutes ago.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Serra-2227/hero/39545546

I have 85 blood shards. Should I blow them on gear from Kadala? Can you even use them on anything else? What pieces should I prioritise?

Are any of the basic blacksmith lvl 70 recipies worth crafting?

edit: also are 2h weapons generally a better investment that 1h weapons for a crusader?

I used a 2h for the longest time but eventually made a switch to 1h due to some drops that I found. The movement speed alone is good enough to not switch back. I may try 2h again if that mace with the double bomb proc drops but even then it would be just to mess around with.

Anybody done any theory crafting on monk builds? I had been building a lit monk but it really irked me that I only had two lit skills: sw/ltk so I'm working on a phys monk build instead.

Reasoning for desert storm over fire rune is because at t3+ I need the mitigation for the rougher elite packs, and I like epiphany over ltk for the utility. Ltk also feels low in sustained damage because to best use you need to mythic rhythm it, spacing out the damage spikes. Then again, I don't know exactly how the fire rune works; like if I use a phys generator with +50% phys dmg, does it first that the 150% dmg and then convert to 350% fire? Or is it just all damage is converted to 350% fire and then multiplied by +fire%?

I have that staff that reduces the cooldown of SSS. I was toying with the idea of doing a physical monk built around that piece. Monk specifically has a ton of physical damage for skills so it makes sense. The idea I had involved a lot of CD reduction too, so it will probably be a while before I can experiment with it.

Serra

Bloodshards are only used for Kadala. Blow away.

I'm using a 2h on my crusader right now only because it's the best weapon I have. I'd prefer a 1h just for the movespeed increase and the passive slot. Unless I get that crusader shield that removes the movespeed drawback.

I totally forgot about the movement speed, will blow stick to 1h weapons for now. (unless of course I get a good 2h drop)

Thanks!

Shifty76

I just got this in my first rift of the day, opinions on what I should reroll what to? Socket to CC? Too bad I'm going to lose 126 lightning resist from my current helm.
fb3dc87fd57815123453bc966f1e8bc4.png

Spirit regen to cc is what I did on mine and I don't regret it at all.

Socket is nice for the utility (CDR, life % or xp)

Dahbomb

Physical Monk is kinda garbage.

Mostly because there is no good skill you can dump Spirit into. You have Epiphany in the skillset but what are you using your Spirit on? It looks like it's pretty much at full all the time. Exploding Palm isn't exactly a Spirit dump either, it's too slow for it.

You can use Wave of Light (last rune) but that kinda sucks too for its Spirit cost. You can also use the unruned version of LTK for Physical damage.

Most Physical Spirit generators are fine and Bladestorm is fine too.

For a Monk Physical build I would try to make one around Seven Sided Strike as it has a few Physical damage runes. I would also start stacking some CDR affixes for Epiphany and SSS.

As far as your question goes, it's the latter not the former.

Lightning and Fire Monk both trump Physical Monk IMO, even Cold Monk is better than Physical Monk. More slots you can get +% Element damage and the LTKs are actually good on both. They both have good Epiphany runes as well. As far as Spirit Generators go you can use Fist of Thunder or Crippling Wave Mangle (Fire). They both have Sweeping Wing option too and Fire Monk has option of Fire Ally as well.

jkanownik

All Resist has no diminishing returns. Neither does Armor.

That is technically true, but for barbs in T1 & T2 there are diminishing returns in survivability. If you never die, then extra all res is useless. Once you get up to T3 it usually starts to come back into play, but if you start stacking secondary resists you never need to push the all res back up.

Even though it isn't holy damage, I'd consider replacing shield glare with Phalanx - Bowmen

Try Wrathful instead Renewal. Is a better (and more reliable) healing even if you are going with insane Block Chance amounts.

On the skill to replace Shield Glare, with that CDR I would already go with Akarat's Champion-Rally.

This is my holy build. just cause I can actually link.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

Appreciate the feedback, guys. I'll definitely check the link out when I get home. I'll try out Wrathful and Akarat's Champion in my build later tonight.

dengatron

i said the same thing about toughness. dimishing returns. if a torment 3 motar already one shots me, why not have less toughess, and do even more damage?!

scy

Don't think diminishing returns is the right word for that :x But, yes, there's a point where more mitigation is just excessive.

What pants are the Wizards out there wearing? I'm hoping for Vyrs to drop so I can use the set bonus with pants + gloves and swap out my Vyrs boots for Ice Climbers or Fire Walkers. Any really good non-set pants to keep an eye out for?

Dahbomb

If you can stand in front of an Elite pack on T6 for 10 seconds (and not doing anything) without dying then you probably don't need more mitigation. At that point you probably need more damage.

Has there been any information on future hot fixes/patches? Haven't had one in a while.

mercviper

Physical Monk is kinda garbage.

Mostly because there is no good skill you can dump Spirit into. You have Epiphany in the skillset but what are you using your Spirit on? It looks like it's pretty much at full all the time. Exploding Palm isn't exactly a Spirit dump either, it's too slow for it.

You can use Wave of Light (last rune) but that kinda sucks too for its Spirit cost. You can also use the unruned version of LTK for Physical damage.

Most Physical Spirit generators are fine and Bladestorm is fine too.

For a Monk Physical build I would try to make one around Seven Sided Strike as it has a few Physical damage runes. I would also start stacking some CDR affixes for Epiphany and SSS.

As far as your question goes, it's the latter not the former.

Re: lack of spirit spenders

There's no real need for the spirit generators because I think you don't need them. If I did use one it'd be an unruned ltk, but I feel that spending that spirit to keep up MoC instead is a better alternative or at least on par. To best utilize ltk, you need to run Mythic rhythm and space out each ltk to hit after your finisher, so it's a question of whether or not ltk with +40% dmg is better than 4 generator strikes with +20% dmg (+10 from combination strike and +10 from increased MoC, 4 strikes because ltk takes time). Unless the overall damage added from ltk is just league better than auto+20%, I'll take the utility from epiphany to ignore elites and keep dpsing.

Really, for me to best get dps out of it, is to run ltk over dashing strike, but until they fix epiphany getting stuck in corners of the terrain, I think I'll keep DS to avoid ground effects and gain better positioning.

Edit: quick math

ltk = 624% dmg
wothf:HoL = 429% dmg

(624*1.4-429)/4 = 444.6/4 = 111.15% overall increased weapon dmg per strike
429%*1.2-429 = 85.8% overall increased weapon dmg per strike

So LTK is better, but I don't think it's better by as wide a margin to warrant the utility drop.

There's more math involved if we're comparing between phys/lit builds, where the generator for the lit build is the FoF rune, which doesn't gain from +lit dmg.

Well you made a post about gold for no apparent reason because you didn't even mention mats.

Because it shouldn't cost that much for a reroll period. Not everyone playing D3 has 388m gold to spend. I made most of my gold on the AH, I'd imagine quite a number of people didn't and many more are fresh ROS players. Having to drop 700k per reroll is ridiculous regardless of the amount of gold one has especially when the initial enchanting roll only cost 93k. That's before getting into how many mats constant rerolls eats through. There was a reason for mentioning gold, the costs can get ridiculously prohibitive for most people playing D3 (which is why I didn't initially mention how much I had). You simply just missed that point.

Dahbomb

Here's how I run a Fire LTK build:

About 80% Fire damage, using first rune of LTK which has great AOE. I have +% LTK damage on Helm and Boots (about 27%). I also have a Cindercoat for the resource cost reduction.

And it's combined with the Epiphany Fire Rune.

I basically just turn on Epiphany and am able to spam LTK non stop until the duration of Epiphany. Each LTK crits for 15 million+.

I don't even use Mystic Rhythm, I use the passive that gives me more Spirit so I can spam more LTKs. Once I have some good LPSS I will be able to sustain myself quite well actually. I don't use Combination Strike either, I use Unity as I play in groups a lot. I sometimes use Fire Ally to make the LTKs hit harder but I dropped it due to an item for something different.

If I get the Gyana Na Kusha helm that throws a fireball every time I LTK that will be a huge DPS boost for me. I am also planning on getting a Reapers Wrap so that I can spam LTKs even more.

I can't see how any spirit generator can out perform that. Like instead of doing 4 auto attacks I would rather do 4 LTKs on a EP target and wipe out the mob fast.

And I was actually using a Physical damage build before. I had a Doom Bringer as well so my Physical damage was about as high as it could be. Then I got Magefist + Cindercoat and never looked back.

eek5

There's no real need for the spirit generators because I think you don't need them. If I did use one it'd be an unruned ltk, but I feel that spending that spirit to keep up MoC instead is a better alternative or at least on par. To best utilize ltk, you need to run Mythic rhythm and space out each ltk to hit after your finisher, so it's a question of whether or not ltk with +40% dmg is better than 4 generator strikes with +20% dmg (+10 from combination strike and +10 from increased MoC, 4 strikes because ltk takes time). Unless the overall damage added from ltk is just league better than auto+20%, I'll take the utility from epiphany to ignore elites and keep dpsing..
Maybe I'm missing something here but you did a bunch of math to prove that just a generator is worse than 1-2-3-ltk (although shifty had different results in actual testing w/ combo strike). which is great and all buuuut when I pop epiph I can dump like 12-14 fire LTKs in a row at 677%? wpn dmg a piece. If this drops elite to a health breakpoint I get a health globe and can drop another 3-4 without having to even use my generator. On top of that for each hit I do I'm getting at least 350% wpn dmg per second (single target) and up to 350% per attack depending on what's around me.

That + my gyana helm that gives another 341% wpn dmg per LTK (on single target, more if they're grouped) and there is no way physical can compete.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if monks had more options but phys is nowhere near fire's potential.

mercviper

There's no real need for the spirit generators because I think you don't need them. If I did use one it'd be an unruned ltk, but I feel that spending that spirit to keep up MoC instead is a better alternative or at least on par. To best utilize ltk, you need to run Mythic rhythm and space out each ltk to hit after your finisher, so it's a question of whether or not ltk with +40% dmg is better than 4 generator strikes with +20% dmg (+10 from combination strike and +10 from increased MoC, 4 strikes because ltk takes time). Unless the overall damage added from ltk is just league better than auto+20%, I'll take the utility from epiphany to ignore elites and keep dpsing.

Really, for me to best get dps out of it, is to run ltk over dashing strike, but until they fix epiphany getting stuck in corners of the terrain, I think I'll keep DS to avoid ground effects and gain better positioning.

Edit: quick math

ltk = 624% dmg
wothf:HoL = 429% dmg

(624*1.4-429)/4 = 444.6/4 = 111.15% overall increased weapon dmg per strike
429%*1.2-429 = 85.8% overall increased weapon dmg per strike

So LTK is better, but I don't think it's better by as wide a margin to warrant the utility drop.

There's more math involved if we're comparing between phys/lit builds, where the generator for the lit build is the FoF rune, which doesn't gain from +lit dmg.

More quick math, because math:

using WotHF:FoF in lit build because it's the de facto best generator, and compared to FoT, you need something like +160% lit dmg to even be on par with WotHF:FoF

Assume +50% lit/phys dmg.
4 strikes in lit build with rotation FoF/FoF/FoF/LTK
192+60+192+60+192+60+624*1.5 = 1692% total damage
Vs
4 HoL generators with +50% phys
429*1.5*4 = 2574% total damage

Boost +bonus dmg to 100%

(252 * 3) + (624 * 2) = 2004%

vs

4 HoL generators with +100% phys
429 * 2 * 4 = 3432%

On paper +phys just seems to be the better build unless SW:Cyclone makes up for the difference in generator damage.

Maybe I'm missing something here but you did a bunch of math to prove that just a generator is worse than 1-2-3-ltk (although shifty had different results in actual testing w/ combo strike). which is great and all buuuut when I pop epiph I can dump like 12-14 fire LTKs in a row at 677%? wpn dmg a piece. If this drops elite to a health breakpoint I get a health globe and can drop another 3-4 without having to even use my generator. On top of that for each hit I do I'm getting at least 350% wpn dmg to a single target and up to 350% per attack depending on what's around me.

That + my gyana helm that gives another 341% wpn dmg per LTK (on single target, more if they're grouped) and there is no way physical can compete.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if monks had more options but phys is nowhere near fire's potential.

Just comparing vs. lit builds. I never said anything about fire. I was just exploring options for a +phys build over a lit build with what I have because 1) I cannot get any fire pieces to drop for monk (my wd has andy + magefist)

Insaniac

Because it shouldn't cost that much for a reroll period. Not everyone playing D3 has 388m gold to spend. I made most of my gold on the AH, I'd imagine quite a number of people didn't and many more are fresh ROS players. Having to drop 700k per reroll is ridiculous regardless of the amount of gold one has especially when the initial enchanting roll only cost 93k. That's before getting into how many mats constant rerolls eats through. There was a reason for mentioning gold, the costs can get ridiculously prohibitive for most people playing D3 (which is why I didn't initially mention how much I had). You simply just missed that point.

my biggest thing as the mystic as a "gold sink" is that everyone started RoS with a disproportionate amount of gold. I sold all my gems on the Ah and ended up with 20 million. My friend had 200 million in the bank. Other people have even more, or billions of gold. Gold is a problem for some, and a non-concern for others. Better to remove that factor (by capping the gold cost per enchant) and only have enchants rely on how many mats you have since everyone essentially started on the same ground level when RoS rolled out.

PS: your avatar creeps me out everytime o.o

eek5

More quick math, because math:

using WotHF:FoF in lit build because it's the de facto best generator, and compared to FoT, you need something like +160% lit dmg to even be on par with WotHF:FoF

Assume +50% lit/phys dmg.
192+60+192+60+192+60+624*1.5 = 1692% total damage
Vs
4 HoL generators with +50% phys
429*1.5*4 = 2574% total damage

Boost +bonus dmg to 100%

(252 * 3) + (624 * 2) = 2004%

vs

4 HoL generators with +100% phys
429 * 2 * 4 = 3432%

On paper +phys just seems to be the better build unless SW:Cyclone makes up for the difference in generator damage.

Just comparing vs. lit builds. I never said anything about fire. I was just exploring options for a +phys build over a lit build with what I have because 1) I cannot get any fire pieces to drop for monk (my wd has andy + magefist)

Even with lightning I can dump a ltk stun rune the same amount of times and you can stack much more lightning bonus w/ thundergods, TF, eye of storm, odyn son and as a bonus you pretty much stun lock everything outside of bosses so you don't even need to run desert epiph.

Thanks for the hints, I've just reached 70. I used a build similar to yours, just switched out the survivability skills. The only thing I find really annoying is that I go oom really fast when I have to cast Firebats a couple of times, like when I'm getting stunned or otherwise disrupted. Maybe it's just my crappy gear but Pierce the Veil burns through my mana extremely quickly. I often find myself unable to cast Piranhas, because I have to run around to get out of aoe effects on the ground. I also switched out the zombie dogs for mass hysteria with the rune that spawns zombie dogs if an enemy is killed while under the effect of hysteria. I'm not really sure if the zombie dogs are worth it though. With my mana pool it's kinda difficult to find another skill that is viable, I often only use mass hysteria to get the dogs up and then never use it again.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong :|

This is what I am using and I am not having too much trouble with T3?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SflZYT!VdUR!cYbccZ

witch-doctor

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I think a Lit build is more dependent on items rather than skills. If you have a good TF + Odyn Son or some other lightning proc weapon you can dish out some serious damage.

I don't think a Phys monk would be able to compete with that, no matter the skills chosen.

It's a design with the monk itself. Not a perfect one if you ask me, but it's working for now.

Dahbomb

Maybe I'm missing something here but you did a bunch of math to prove that just a generator is worse than 1-2-3-ltk (although shifty had different results in actual testing w/ combo strike). which is great and all buuuut when I pop epiph I can dump like 12-14 fire LTKs in a row at 677%? wpn dmg a piece. If this drops elite to a health breakpoint I get a health globe and can drop another 3-4 without having to even use my generator. On top of that for each hit I do I'm getting at least 350% wpn dmg per second (single target) and up to 350% per attack depending on what's around me.

Pretty much this right here.

Also Lightning builds use SW-Cycone which is much better than Bladestorm due to the procced Cyclones. In addition, FoT has a rune called Static Charge which adds a lot of extra DPS.

Not to mention that Lightning damage overall is much easier to get over 50% than Physical damage. Eye of the Storm for example has 30% max Lightning damage, you can also have double weapons with Lightning damage (WKL and Odyn Son) and then you even have Thundergod's Vigor. If that's not enough there is even the Monk Lightning set which gives 15% additional damage and 100%+ damage to FoT essentially. And guess what... every time you use LTK it stuns them and if you have Ancient Parthan Defenders that increases your Toughness by a lot.

Lightning Monk uses a lot of gear but it's probably the most powerful at high level Torment (without using obviously broken). Once you include Shard of Hate in a Lightning Monk build it becomes down right stupid.

Mugaaz

I made all of my gold in RoS. I make around 1.5m gold an hour just rifting and doing bounties. I just don't see the gold problems people are bitching about. Yeah, I have to make choices about not rerolling sidegrades, but I can reroll every real upgrade until its at a very high value of the desired stat. Im sitting on 25m. Got 13 flawless royals ive made so far. Only way to go broke is an absolutely disastrous bad luck run on rerolling an item.

mercviper

Even with lightning I can dump a ltk stun rune the same amount of times and you can stack much more lightning bonus w/ thundergods, TF, eye of storm, odyn son and as a bonus you pretty much stun lock everything outside of bosses so you don't even need to run desert epiph.

Man I'm not saying everybody should run phys. I'm just exploring options and theorycrafting. I haven't found anything that runs the numbers for this or anything and I would like to see some research into it. Yes, popping epiphany and dropping 600% dmg ltk bombs one after another is an immense amount of damage, but without cdr that's a 25% uptime. running a phys build for the other 75% where you can make use of increased damage to the generator can give a lot of damage on paper, and I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone makes it out to be that +lit is flat out amazing when you have equal amounts of +dmg on both.

Yes it's different when you can stack 40% more lit dmg or 60% more fire dmg than phys, but right now I don't have those options since I don't have those gear drops, so I'm not making those comparisons.

Physical monk would be good for TR no?

That 2h staff that reduces cooldown of SSS is rad. I use that and epiphany. When I'm not in epiphany, I'm SSS 'ing shit to death. I've only geared about 57% cd reduction on my gear, but with that 2h weapon and the reduced cooldown rune I'm well into the single digits with regards to CD on SSS.

I would love to try a viable 2h reduced CD CCC build.

Insaniac

I want to level up my monk from 60-70 but the dread of getting that awesome legendary item i've wanted but at a sub level 70 iLvl is making me hestitate

it's already happened with a Wyrdward Ring, Mirror ball and Thunderfury. I know if I level up my monk I'm gonna get a Moonlight Ward amulet >.>

Dahbomb

Physical monk would be good for TR no?

That 2h staff that reduces cooldown of SSS is rad. I use that and epiphany. When I'm not in epiphany, I'm SSS 'ing shit to death. I've only geared about 57% cd reduction on my gear, but with that 2h weapon and the reduced cooldown rune I'm well into the single digits with regards to CD.
This is something where a Physical damage Monk would do very good. I already mentioned this before. I don't know the math on this or how it compares without actually testing it. You would still miss out on the % Physical damage from a Doom Bringer but it probably balances out with the raw DPS of SSS. This build would still need something to dump Spirit on when in Epiphany mode though (probably Wall of Light Physical damage rune or LTK).

TR isn't really good for high level Torment though.

dengatron

I want to level up my monk from 60-70 but the dread of getting that awesome legendary item i've wanted but at a sub level 70 iLvl is making me hestitate

it's already happened with a Wyrdward Ring, Mirror ball and Thunderfury. I know if I level up my monk I'm gonna get a Moonlight Ward amulet >.>

moonlight wards stat ranges dont change based on level other than primary stat, and most of them rarely come with primary stat. the only thing that sucks to get without being max level is weapons. im still using a 61 SoJ and 65 cindercoat because they're just as good as 70 items.

J0dy77

Need advice on this DH Danetta's, is it worth it keep rolling for the socket? I am up to 1.7 million each time. I've wasted so many FS and 30 million in gold, it's a fucking nightmare. Should I just give up and try for a different weapon?

pwdvtAo.png

mercviper

Also Lightning builds use SW-Cycone which is much better than Bladestorm due to the procced Cyclones.

Yeah, it's better. I can't find out how much better though. Best I can find is something saying 25% CC is where Cyclone meets/exceeds Blade Storm in damage, so would it be safe to say that having 50% CC means Cyclone has twice the bonus in damage that Blade Storm has over base SW? i.e. Since BS is 120% dmg at 3 stacks, over an unruned 90%, can we say that 25% CC makes Cyclone = 120% dmg at 3 stacks, and 50% CC = 150% dmg at 3 stacks?

Chanser

Need advice on this DH Danetta's, is it worth it keep rolling for the socket? I am up to 1.7 million each time. I've wasted so many FS and 30 million in gold, it's a fucking nightmare. Should I just give up and try for a different weapon?

http://i.imgur.com/pwdvtAo.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I got the spite and I can't get a socket. I've put attack speed instead.

Discobird

pwdvtAo.png

Does this help you complete the set? I used 56 souls (everything I had) and 75 million gold (about half my total) to put a socket in mine and complete the set, and it was a pretty garbage roll compared to yours, something like like 2290 DPS. Did not regret it in the least because the set bonus is absolutely fantastic.

Then of course I get a better one two days later that sockets on the first try, but... notevenmad.

If you do not already have a Spite and this is not a big upgrade over your current weapon, then I would probably set it aside for a while and rebuild your resources.

Agreed. Though that weapon and SSS might be though, even out of a TR build. I'm assuming stacking CC/CD/RDC/%Phys could be awesome even with the loss of sheet DPS due to using a 2h weapon. SSS every 6 seconds is no joke.

Vodh

Unless an item is absolutely amazing except for a single roll I just have a rule not to dump more than like 10 souls into rerolling it. This way mystic gives me a good few chances to make an item a lot better while still keeping the prices in check and I just know that dumping tens of millions of gold and dozens of souls would be a lot more disappointing than accepting that the item isn't what it could have been after all - you get garbage drops all the time.

Chocobro

I would potentially reroll the vitality into CC and socket a %life gem. For an average lifepool of 350k, the gem would yield about 20k more life than that vitality. Plus you later have the option to socket CDR if you pick up some big health on another slot.

I have that helm with the vitality rerolled as CC. Depends what you want, but I run a TR build as well as that likes the spirit regen and CDR in the socket. If you don't care about CDR, it's not a bad idea.

Edit: and what garath said, the socket gives you the option of +life as well.

Dreavus: exactly.

Fender, I did not know that was a thing. Want.

Spirit regen to cc is what I did on mine and I don't regret it at all.

Socket is nice for the utility (CDR, life % or xp)
Thank you all for your opinions. I ended up with this. Is it worth the switch from my current helm? My armory and stats.
You're avatar makes me happy. :)
:3 I'm glad.

Shifty76

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Agreed. Though that weapon and SSS might be though, even out of a TR build. I'm assuming stacking CC/CD/RDC/%Phys could be awesome even with the loss of sheet DPS due to using a 2h weapon. SSS every 6 seconds is no joke.

I think TR with the appropriate cooldown reduction gear for good uptime on Epiphany:Inner Fire and some weapons with strong procs could be very effective. Use the cold rune to trigger the frozen skull from Shard of Hate, get a few other procs going on... not bad at all.

Unfortunately, Stalgard's Decimator doesn't work with it. I was hoping to be throwing 4 axes a second.

-Digits-

So only after doing a bunch of testing to find out what damage type my skills are, do I find out this is on the top of the tooltip. I was just looking for it in the text and never noticed it plainly says what type it is on top. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now.

So only after doing a bunch of testing to find out what damage type my skills are, do I find out this is on the top of the tooltip. I was just looking for it in the text and never noticed it plainly says what type it is on top. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, they weren't even there until patch 2.0. Pretty useful info now more so than ever

Low Tier
Guys I tried making an explosive blast wizard after watching some youtube videos, but it doesnt seem as strong as the video. Is it because Im missing his wand? I didn't think one item would make that big of a difference. I'm using a 2300 one hander, so even if I used it I would lose a lot of sheet dps. Any suggestions DiabloGAF?

Also any general tips for more dps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDEiF0hufs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys I tried making an explosive blast wizard after watching some youtube videos, but it doesnt seem as strong as the video. Is it because Im missing his wand? I didn't think one item would make that big of a difference. I'm using a 2300 one hander, so even if I used it I would lose a lot of sheet dps. Any suggestions DiabloGAF?

Also any general tips for more dps? I've been reforging % dmg to +dmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDEiF0hufs

wiz not op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom