• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Reminds me of the whole diretide fiasco with dota, thing people are just fed up with all the nerfs to anything and everything have finally put people on edge, and this SoH nerf is simply the last straw.

Diablo isn't WoW (this would be like claiming warglaives of Azzinoth were bugged and too strong and then retroactively nerfing them for those 1% of players that actually obtained said "legendary"), the game loses its charm with constant nerfs/changes. How awful is it to spend weeks farming, get excited about an item, and then read it was hotfixed a day later? It takes the excitement away from actually searching for cool legendaries (since 99% of them are dogshit anyway).

And this is coming from someone without a shard of hate, mirror amulet, or shrine gloves.

This is the problem. SoH made WW/lightning barb actually viable and allowed it to compete with fire barb/earthquake. Now fire is the de facto king, and every barb has to gear towards that if they want to do anything above t4.

I'm going to try a cold build on my barb. Shard of hate procs off cold skills too!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The behavior is ridiculous, I agree, but they need to be much more proactive about communicating these things. Once you realize SOH is broken days after release, let people know the fix is coming rather than waiting weeks and dropping it out of the blue.

They said they only found the bugs because the community made it so clear SoH was OP, so they couldn't really let us know any sooner than they did.

joesmokey

Someone mentioned with my lightning gear setup, that Magic Weapon - Electrify rune would be more effective than Force Weapon. I can't notice too much difference with it, aside from things maybe being a bit slower.

I take it the other Magic Weapon runes just aren't worth using it?

dengatron

This is the problem. SoH made WW/lightning barb actually viable and allowed it to compete with fire barb/earthquake. Now fire is the de facto king, and every barb has to gear towards that if they want to do anything above t4.

it made it more than viable. it gave fresh 70's with shit gear a ticket to the torment show when they weren't geared enough to be there. I think build changing legendaries are awesome, but i also think shard of hate firing off lightning bolts like crazy was too strong, and apparently blizzard agrees. literally blanketing the screen with bolts that crit for 7 million is over the top. if the bug fixes balance it, and put it on the level of maximus or fate of the fell, then no one can really complain, because lightning whirlwind barb has been strong for a while, and it's not just because shard of hate. TF and odyn son are both pretty awesome for that too.. just not as awesome as spawning a volcano.

traveler

Not Wario
Reminds me of the whole diretide fiasco with dota, thing people are just fed up with all the nerfs to anything and everything have finally put people on edge, and this SoH nerf is simply the last straw.

Diablo isn't WoW (this would be like claiming warglaives of Azzinoth were bugged and too strong and then retroactively nerfing them for those 1% of players that actually obtained said "legendary"), the game loses its charm with constant nerfs/changes. How awful is it to spend weeks farming, get excited about an item, and then read it was hotfixed a day later? It takes the excitement away from actually searching for cool legendaries (since 99% of them are dogshit anyway).

And this is coming from someone without a shard of hate, mirror amulet, or shrine gloves.

All the nerfs? Nearly everything in the one balance patch we've had since release was buffs. Nearly all the drop rate tuning has been buffs. Pets have just received a massive buff. The handful of things that have been nerfed are- just that- a handful, and were known bugged/broken, holdovers from beta, or weren't even in the game in their broken state period until fixed. How can anyone look at the changes made and see net, or anywhere even close to it, nerfs?

Omnicent

Man I need to get a Blade of Prophecy. I thought Fate of The Fell made blessed ground cool down builds crazy (hey I like my 3 beams, but guess it was cool down overkill), but nope Manner was tearing stuff up yesterday.

Hope bliz doesn't blow up the fun build, please bliz I love my cool down spam (besides you need full set to make it decent, so we are good right?).

Sigmaah

I just wanna say, do not think you won't get an item you want, because you will in time.

Never thought I'd get magefist but today it happened and it rolled basically perfect. An item I wanted for my fire crusader, which I thought, if I do get it, it'll be shitty, finally appeared and rolled great. Remember to be patient and...

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

fuck this game tho still lmao.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
All the nerfs? Nearly everything in the one balance patch we've had since release was buffs. Nearly all the drop rate tuning has been buffs. Pets have just received a massive buff. The handful of things that have been nerfed are- just that- a handful, and were known bugged/broken, holdovers from beta, or weren't even in the game in their broken state period until fixed. How can anyone look at the changes made and see net, or anywhere even close to it, nerfs?

Getting a +100% buff to leg drop (+100% of something like .01%) rates exclusively in rifts is a lot less noticeable than logging and and finding out you're entire build/gear-set you spent weeks farming was invalidated with a simple hotfix.

Won't someone think of those poor poor AI monsters? They aren't having fun when dying. Diablo needs to be nerfed into mediocrity and all legendaries/classes homogenized and tightly balanced like WoW so we can have perfectly balanced PvP/ladders... o wait.

Realyn

Could someone please have a look at my Wizzard?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Realyn-2451/hero/41270256

I've bought RoS last sunday because I felt somewhat bored. As you can see on my profile I'm usually a pure hardcore player, but chose softcore this time because I didn't knew for how long I would keep playing. So, while this is softcore I do care about not dieing too much.

I'm really happy with my skills. I leveled with Arcane Explosion and Force Wave. When I hit 70 I was somewhat dissapointed by the new passives. There really wasn't much to directly boost my dps. So I tried to make Elemental Exposure work. Shock Pulse/Orb/Hydra and Blizzard are the 4 skills I'm running all the time. It works really great on large packs(T1-T2). I just drop a Blizzard, scorched Orb, a Hydra and walk past the mobs. To me suprise this setup even outperforms Archon on single targets.
My last 2 skills are usually Force Weapon/Armor/Teleport/Familiar and Archon. Depends on whether I'm doing Rifts or Bounties.

Since this is my first time playing SC I have huge gold problems. Most of my gold went into rolling my rares ... so I'm having a real hard time getting my gems up. I guess the good gold quests/"exploits" have been hotfixed by now?

Speaking of my items, what should I try to improve? I feel like I can't really improve my rares. Most of them are good 4 stats.

Thanks in advance!

Insaniac

what should i re roll on this? and what should i go for?

Shockpulse damage into Magic Missile damage

So happy with my Melee Wizard so far :D

ETzqtK0.gif

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpikyBry-1289/hero/1667927

edit: new with GIFs, sorry if this GIF is too large of a file size

TheYanger

Yup. How people are seeing this shit as "OMG BLIZZ NERFS FUN" is completely beyond me. the VAST majority of changes have been buffs.

Dahbomb

Obviously broken ass weapon gets bug fixed... community too dumb to realize why the change had to go in and goes on a tirade.

Hey guys for all those who want to play with broken ass items... you should play the console version of Diablo 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddVabC-IDc

OMFG dat 15K DPS + 3 socket Azurewrath!!! Now DAT'S A LEGENDARY!!!

In this situation the only problem was Blizzard not giving the heads up sooner. This type of thing should've been fixed as soon as someone killed Azmodan in 8 seconds on T6.

SoulUnison

Banned
Anyone else think they stealth nerfed Kadala drop rates in the last few days?

I do. The first time I got on after the boosted rifts and Kadala a few days ago I spent about 100 blood shards on Wizard Orbs and got 3 legendaries.

Yesterday and the day before I spent about 400 shard on just Wizard Orbs and got nothing but yellows.

I do. The first time I got on after the boosted rifts and Kadala a few days ago I spent about 100 blood shards on Wizard Orbs and got 3 legendaries.

Yesterday and the day before I spent about 400 shard on just Wizard Orbs and got nothing but yellows.

You darn people... I can't even believe there are serious discussions like this.

Your sample size is THE worst. You spend 500 Bloodshards and variance showed it's face? Oh no, something must be wrong.

TheYanger

400 shards on orbs is like 26 gambles. That's literally nothing. If you expect one every time you unload that many imagine when you start going for chests, you'd be getting one every 100 freaking shards.

Dahbomb

The average for getting a Legendary is 1% at minimum by the gambler (1 out of a hundred Rares will be a Legendary) This was taken across a wide sample and seems to hold true.

That means that if you are gambling Amulets you will get a Legendary after 2000 shards on average.

For 1h weapons it's one every 1500 shards.

For armor pieces it's one every 500 shards.

If you want a Legendary pronto then roll armor pieces as you get more rolls.

alife

Found Marauder's chest, gloves, and shoulders over a span of 2 rifts and it's a shame class set items don't unlock transmogrify skins. :|

lt519

throw barbs are pretty strong. It revolves around maxing your fury as fast as possible and just throwing out boulders lol. reroll the LPH into a socket and boulder toss away.

Here's a build I tried when I picked up that weapon and gave it a whirl, I was almost critting for 30-40 mil lol: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#gQUSkP!XfeW!ZYbbZZ

Nice! Thanks! Just wasted 6 souls trying to roll a socket though ): I'll get one eventually and try it out.

Dahbomb

Made a gimmicky shadow clone DH.

I have the Danetta set weapon that spawns clones when you Vault. I also have the amulet that spawns shadow clones when you stun someone. I am using the Tumble rune on Vault. If I Vault through an enemy I will spawn like 3 shadow clones. The ones from the Vault itself is pretty weak but the one from the Amulet are solid (cooldown is really long though).

Rest of the DH is standard cookie cutter Cluster Arrow/Entangling Shot. Just made her today, moved some pieces from my Monk. I mainly made her to farm some Act 1 Bounties, the mobility is incredible on the DH.

alife

Are you sure? I unlocked the Inna's pants yesterday on my Monk and got a transmogrify.

Inna's Temperance? That's not a class set item. Marauder's is for DH only. I read an old blue post on the forums that they disabled class set transmogs in February back in the beta because they don't want other classes to be able to don the unique look of another class's set items. It would be cool if the skin unlock was specific to the class only, not exclusive to the item itself.

Ikon

So I found an SoH a few days ago on my WD and since everyone that was online was quite excited about it I decided to try it out. I leveled my barb from 60 to 70 and managed to gear it somewhat. The weapon was clearly pretty damn good with my WW build but I just can't stand playing barb! I went back to my WD (even though the barb was getting set item drops, something my WD is clearly incapable of) and didn't regret it one bit. Now I regret it even less.

Now to decide if I want to try out my Maximus...

Realyn

Could someone answer my questions on top of the page please? I'm at 500 shards soon and don't really know which slot to gamble on.

lexi

Banned
I wouldn't use those gloves even if I just turned 70. I found better rares on day 1 of RoS. Ugh.

How high are your standards? Are you wanting SoH-style broken legendaries to will themselves into existence for you? Those gloves are a reroll away from being excellent.

I also call bullshit on there being rares with rolls that high. Not to mention Firebird is one of the most sought after Wizard sets. ARRGHGH HULK SMASH!

Dahbomb

Could someone answer my questions on top of the page please? I'm at 500 shards soon and don't really know which slot to gamble on.
Gamble for your weakest armor slot. Work up from there (armor, then offhand, then weapons and then rings/amulets).

How high are your standards? Are you wanting SoH-style broken legendaries to will themselves into existence for you? Those gloves are a reroll away from being excellent.

I also call bullshit on there being rares with rolls that high. Not to mention Firebird is one of the most sought after Wizard sets. ARRGHGH HULK SMASH!
Obviously if it didn't roll perfect trifecta stats it's garbage.

I swear we had this same argument yesterday when someone thought their set gloves were shit when in fact they were good.

My last 40-50 legendarys have all been significant downgrades, to the point where I just salvage them right away.

I've been trying to find a Maximus for my fire barb for a few weeks now, and for some reason it just won't drop for me. Practically everyone I know has one already. <3 RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom