• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
I thought I was sitting pretty with about 50 souls, NOPE. Trying to get perfect / near perfect CD on Magefist has proven expensive.

Grinch

Banned
To people asking how to join GAF clan: I joined the clan and sent a message to an officer who was online and got invited within 2 seconds.

How high are your standards? Are you wanting SoH-style broken legendaries to will themselves into existence for you? Those gloves are a reroll away from being excellent.

I also call bullshit on there being rares with rolls that high. Not to mention Firebird is one of the most sought after Wizard sets. ARRGHGH HULK SMASH!

Gloves must have crit dmg and crit chance to compete. Those stats are teh holy grail of Diablo 3. Without them, I'm gimping myself. That's why my dmg with those gloves was -18.6%. Even with the set bonus and a reroll, they'd still be worse. So they're salvage territory.

The rare gloves I mentioned had 6 crit chance \ 6 IAS \ 46% crit dmg. Way stronger than that set pair. I can give up IAS for VIT but I can't give up crit chance and crit dmg.

All in all, the required stats an item needs to have to be viable in Torment just means even the most exciting legendaries can be garbage. Maybe someday they'll fix that but I doubt it.

Wallach

I forgot to show off my Slayer here in the thread:

jR4g648DGolsG.jpg

Spent exactly one Forgotten Soul. RNGesus be praised.

V_Arnold

People actually complain about Shard of Hate hotfix? Jesus.
When the game devolves into a binary "do you win yet? YES/NO" depending on whether you have that weapon or not, you know that a hotfix is warranted. Anything else is just....I do not even know what.

I'm on my way to all lvl 70 chars.

Now i have my female monk & male crusader al 70, and the other 10 chars at level 61.

I'll wait for ladders news before use the other 3 extra chars.

I'll Never lost OP-charmoment train again xDDDDD

Grampasso

God yes, I've never wanted to punch a videogame character as much as I wanted to punch her.

Oh you're rolling off Vit?

How about....

431 Vit
and
455Vit
It's intended and I'm grateful it is. I had a shitty roll on vit on chest (the minimum, like 416 or whatever it is), rerolled and I got 455 and 480 vit. That works well if you want the same better stat.

Into

Rage incoming?

Upcoming Hotfix - Shard of Hate (4/15)

Community Manager

As with other recent hotfixes, we’ve got one coming up shortly that we wanted to give the community a heads up about, this time regarding the legendary Shard of Hate. We’ve been closely observing our internal reports as well as player feedback on the Shard of Hate and the general consensus is that this item feels wildly out of line compared to other items. After digging in behind the scenes, we discovered a couple of bugs with this item that we believe is the ultimate culprit.

First, the internal cooldown of this item’s power was being reset each time a dual-wielding character attacked with a weapon in their other hand. This meant the effect was occurring twice as often for dual-wielding characters, and with particular skills such as Whirlwind or Tempest Rush that also carry attack speed multipliers, this effect was even more frequent.

Secondly, the proc rate of the item was ignoring the proc scalar of the skill it was used with, which in simple terms caused Shard of Hate’s affix to apply every time a skill was used. Combined with the above issue, this resulted in this Legendary vastly over performing, and even more so with particular builds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506541068

It's intended and I'm grateful it is. I had a shitty roll on vit on chest (the minimum, like 416 or whatever it is), rerolled and I got 455 and 480 vit. That works well if you want the same better stat.

To each their own, personally I hope they get rid of double affixes. It's a waste of materials for vast majority of people.

I have to quickly say sorry, I think I've just absorbed the luck from like 20 other gaffers. I've just done a set of t2 bounties and from the missions themselves I've found 3 legendaries (2 good enough to slot into my build) and 2 mat items. Looking forward to the 5 hours of nothing as karma rebalances.

Grampasso

Just wondering, if I exceed 50% CHC should I leave it as it is or redirect the paragon points to CHD/IAS? right now as a DH I feel like my Hatred regen is low due to IAS (37%), in particular when there's an elite/boss requiring high mobility I'm constantly out of it.
Here's by char:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681

I reverted to Danetta+quiver because I needed the IAS and the toughness. My other 1H has none.

Totakeke

Man, blade of prophecy is pretty OP (for crusaders). I was pretty happy with my FotH build until I played with someone else who had one. :(

I got Mortal Drama today too! But it seems not that amazing unless you're really swamped with mobs. But in those situations almost everything is pretty amazing.

Lain

Should I even try to reroll the AP on Crit on the new helm, considering I am spending all the forgotten souls on the torso to try and getting 3 sockets? I'd also lose the Arcane Orb%, and I do use Arcane Orb.

I'm supposing in a set and with a socket this would be better than my current weapon, though I'm not sure if I'd want to give up the proc from the Wizardspike and the Mirrorball. Anyways, here I should reroll the attack speed for a socket right?

Also, why these couldn't drop with different base stats to make rerolling worthwhile?! Especially the Odyn Son.

V_Arnold

Anyone else think they stealth nerfed Kadala drop rates in the last few days?

Nope. My anecdotal evidence worths shit in the grand scheme of things, but I still find a legendary from gambling ~100-150 shards. So 1/20-1/30th is the usual rate of legendary found. But sometimes I gamble 300 shards for no drop. That is that. RNG gotta RNG.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thank you based Kadala
for nothing!

They should at least let us choose which 1h weapon we want. This is ridiculous.

2014-04-1613_42_18-dirjb2e.png

Realyn

Personally id shoot for a weapon. Even just a solid rolled no proc weapon that's 2200-2300 damage will be a big boost.

I've spend like 350 and got those. Don't feel like they are worth using souls on, since I only have 15 or so and would like to save them.

MEnCTQT.jpg

Alebelly

Crusader: So I have Royal Grandeur, what equipment should I be looking to optimize with. (and I got that captain merica weapon too)

ElyrionX

Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Sword Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Sword Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Sword Staff Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Axe Two-Handed Sword

Zaptruder

Banned
Nah, they should just let you buy the legendary you want.

That's not bad... provide players with an upper bound of grinding for tokens.

Maybe like 5k a piece. Which is of course patently unfair, but if people are at wits end, then at least there's always... the nuclear option.

5k, bad roll. Die kadala, seriously.

That's not bad... provide players with an upper bound of grinding for tokens.

Maybe like 5k a piece. Which is of course patently unfair, but if people are at wits end, then at least there's always... the nuclear option.

5k, bad roll. Die kadala, seriously.

I wish, at 5k per piece i'd have had 4 items i need from kadela instead of just 1

taybul

Inna's Temperance? That's not a class set item. Marauder's is for DH only. I read an old blue post on the forums that they disabled class set transmogs in February back in the beta because they don't want other classes to be able to don the unique look of another class's set items. It would be cool if the skin unlock was specific to the class only, not exclusive to the item itself.
Not true. An Immortal King helm dropped while playing my DH and it unlocked the transmog. Even tested it out and decided my new goal is to make my DH look like a full IKed barb.

V_Arnold

I would imagine the following process as "fun" and "predictable", yet unpredictable as well:

a. Player pays 500 Shards to a Paranormal Mystic (whatever)
(You can pick a legendary you really *want*).
b. Player then needs to find and open uber keys
c. Until you find the drop you need(!), uber bosses that you fight have a SIGNIFICANTLY higher chance of finding that item. The roll is still unpredictable, of course.

Once the desired item drops (could be 10-20% per fight, whatever), your wishlist resets, and you need to pay that 500 shard once again if you deem that roll horrible and beyond saving.

Cons:
- ???? You can still shout at RNGesus, I guess

Pros:
+ You have a clear goal to fight towards
+ Key drops are still going to be work to do, you still need to be able to get them
+ You need to defeat the bosses as well, not just grind normal bounties or open chests in T6 like a goblin

astonish

Finally got a moonlight ward last night. Sheet wise it looks worse than this Dovu I'm wearing, but given I do arcane dmg a lot I think the two non-factoring bonuses make the ML worth it. I guess I should be rerolling the int for CritDmg?

jbx7nfaCnYtZgC.png

Trickster

Finally got a moonlight ward last night. Sheet wise it looks worse than this Dovu I'm wearing, but given I do arcane dmg a lot I think the two non-factoring bonuses make the ML worth it. I guess I should be rerolling the int for CritDmg?

jbx7nfaCnYtZgC.png

Attack speed into Critical Hit Damage, anything else would be immensely stupid

Tom Penny

I already ditched my Shard to make sure I can play without out it. I luckily landed a ring that replenishes my spirit 43% faster so I am now a exploding palm lashing tail kick Monk. I hope to god they give fist of thunder a lighting rune. Fist of Fury is so good I have to use it even though it's not a lighting skill.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was playing my WD with a buddy who was playing his barb last night, and he got a high strength maximus that he gave me for my crusader. Got a socket on the first reroll too. Fire crusader is rippin it uuupp. Now I just need a cindercoat and maybe a fire andy/soj.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Traum-1747/hero/44040098

Got that witching hour yesterday too. Didn't even think they still dropped that high.

Caliginous

Neo Member

jbx7nfaCnYtZgC.png

Depends on what arcane build you want to run. I'd say that low attack speed roll should be changed to at least 90% CHD. This would be my pick for an Arcane torrent build.

Caliginous

Neo Member
yzZTXeT.png

Thanks Kadala, I wasn't quite sure if I needed all those Light of Grace

Pretty sure you and Ballis have the best geared wizards on GAF.

Any links around for these profiles? I feel that I've been farily lucky in getting my Arcane Torrent build geared up. Would be interested in seeing what gear the GAF clan has found.

Vossler

Decided to try out dual wielding on DH, just to see how it goes, due to a decent 1H xbow dropping from Kadala....had a quick t1 this morning, I'm thinking I may like it better than 1xbow with quiver....is as follows:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vossler-1343/hero/40620061

I like it so far, never thought dual wielding would be semi viable....would like to take into t2 later tonight....only thing I'm worried about is hatred regen, but Entangling shot seems to be pulling in enough.

Totakeke

Decided to try out dual wielding on DH, just to see how it goes, due to a decent 1H xbow dropping from Kadala....had a quick t1 this morning, I'm thinking I may like it better than 1xbow with quiver....is as follows:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vossler-1343/hero/40620061

I like it so far, never thought dual wielding would be semi viable....would like to take into t2 later tonight....only thing I'm worried about is hatred regen, but Entangling shot seems to be pulling in enough.

Dual wielding lets you get 2x crit gems. Unless you get something like a Kridershot, dual wielding should be better in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom