• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

You need the legendary relic for your follower too

I just read on Reddit that some guy was testing it and it doesn't work this way because the follower doesn't receive any damage(isntead of damage taken reduced to zero) and thus unity can't "spread" the damage to him. Can't say for sure, but i'd say some more testing is in order for a definitive answer

eek5

Was playing in the "Rift it Forward" community last night. Not bad if you like to run rifts or have a shitload of fragments that you want to convert to blood shards quickly. Ran like 15-20 rifts solo and only opened 2 myself. (one to start running on my wd and the other to start running on monk)

My wizard needs so much. I don't have 1 class specific set piece. I haven't found a single upgrade since Saturday. It's really bumming me out. RNG is RNG but there comes a certain point where you can't help but be frustrated.

One of my friends doesn't have the expansion and is still doing Heart of Sin runs. I feel terrible for him. Not sure if he just doesn't want it or if he just doesn't know any better

Man, blade of prophecy is pretty OP (for crusaders). I was pretty happy with my FotH build until I played with someone else who had one. :(

I still use FoTH with my Blade of Prophecy. I definitely am stacking cooldown reduction (up to 38%) to refresh Condemned more quickly. Combined with Akarat's Champion (Rally) has been a game changer for me, since Condemned hits so hard and so often on elites.

I wouldn't call it OP, though. I still don't kill any faster across the board than most monks and wizards I play with.

Totakeke

I still use FoTH with my Blade of Prophecy. I definitely am stacking cooldown reduction (up to 38%) to refresh Condemned more quickly. Combined with Akarat's Champion (Rally) has been a game changer for me, since Condemned hits so hard and so often on elites.

I wouldn't call it OP, though. I still don't kill any faster across the board than most monks and wizards I play with.

That's why I said for crusaders. :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone has a stash full of Ascended Shields can I get like 10? I've been farming Tinker's house all day and I've yet to see Ascended Shields up for sale. It's so bloody stupid needing a white item for a craft, especially when it doesn't drop from racks like it's supposed to. EU SC. Yes, this is my last hope.

Macmanus

One of my friends doesn't have the expansion and is still doing Heart of Sin runs.

That doesn't even sound remotely fun.

Separate note: Where is the best online resource to search for Legendary recipe ingredient drops? Or really just item information in general. Lists and what not.

If anyone has a stash full of Ascended Shields can I get like 10? I've been farming Tinker's house all day and I've yet to see Ascended Shields up for sale. It's so bloody stupid needing a white item for a craft, especially when it doesn't drop from racks like it's supposed to. EU SC. Yes, this is my last hope.

The easiest way to get these is from Vendel. Keep reloading Adventure mode until you get the bounty The Scavenged Scabbard in the Southern Highlands - this will assure he's there, and once you complete the quest he will sell to you. One of his items is the Ascended Shield, but chances are he won't have it right away. Close all the vendor windows and wait 15 minutes for his inventory to refresh and check again. After about 3 hours of this he finally sold it to me and I bought 20 of them.

It's easy because you can just go afk while waiting for the refresh. Clean the house. Make a sandwich. Whatever. But it will eventually spawn in his inventory. Just don't go afk too long and get disconnected.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Vendel_the_Armorsmith

Boogdud

1 every 3-4 runs on average sounds about what I get over time, since you can easily run 6-8 runs an hour you still do a lot of (rather tedious)runs, the real problem is that when you do get a leg it's not going to be interesting or useful, 90 percent of legs aren't legendary

Well, I don't know what class or gear level you're at, but I'm a crusader and doing T2 at 500k dps taks like half an hour minimum to clear everything out. I'm sure it would be better on another class but solo'ing at T2 at my gear level takes for friggin ever and it's really disheartening to play for 2+ hours straight and not get a single drop, whether it's interesting or useful or not.

Miletius

Well, I don't know what class or gear level you're at, but I'm a crusader and doing T2 at 500k dps taks like half an hour minimum to clear everything out. I'm sure it would be better on another class but solo'ing at T2 at my gear level takes for friggin ever and it's really disheartening to play for 2+ hours straight and not get a single drop, whether it's interesting or useful or not.

Not for nothing but that sounds like you shouldn't be doing T2 then. I mean I'm in the same boat, only have about 500k dps on my Monk, and I am still doing T1 solo because T2 isn't really worth the extra effort for now.

scy

6-8 seems like an exaggeration (or a simply far more efficient set of people to run with than I'm familiar with) but ~4-5 is doable in an hour. Solo probably not, though.

And if you're at 30m clears, you're probably better off just doing T1. Unless you're just always stuck with the longest maps (e.g., 5-6+ floors), in which case "30m clear" isn't that bad just due to how much stuff killed.

Tom Penny

I would almost always play in a public group / group. Based on the squad you could certainly be clearing rifts much much faster. Most people aren't going to be mean about things unless you are ridiculously worthless. Like doing 100k damage and hanging out in T4 not remotely helping and trying to stack xp which people do do sometimes. Just stand in the lobby while people do a bounties etc..

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Noticing they still haven't pushed out the Shard of Hate hotfix, seems like their hesitating a bit on actually going through with it. Wonder if they'll meet at a middle ground and A) buff the builds that completely relied on it (i.e. WW lightning Barb) or B) meet in the middle ground and "bug-fix" nerf the item, but buff it a tad to make it still feel awesome, but not quite as awesome.

Cause after the hotfix for a WW barb with a 13% chance of proccing it, it's just salvage material like 90% of the other legendaries.

TheYanger

I just read on Reddit that some guy was testing it and it doesn't work this way because the follower doesn't receive any damage(isntead of damage taken reduced to zero) and thus unity can't "spread" the damage to him. Can't say for sure, but i'd say some more testing is in order for a definitive answer

That's a huge lie. This is permanent -50% damage taken to yourself. Have a guildie that's been using it since day 1 and was able to do T6 the instant he got the second unity.

Noticing they still haven't pushed out the Shard of Hate hotfix, seems like their hesitating a bit on actually going through with it. Wonder if they'll meet at a middle ground and A) buff the builds that completely relied on it (i.e. WW lightning Barb) or B) meet in the middle ground and "bug-fix" nerf the item, but buff it a tad to make it still feel awesome, but not quite as awesome.

Cause after the hotfix for a WW barb with a 13% chance of proccing it, it's just salvage material like 90% of the other legendaries.

Hyperbolic nonsense. It's still a very strong weapon even after the fixes. WW will proc it at the same rate it procs everything else (13%) because WW hits multiple times per second. No, you won't spin to win and instantly melt rift guardians on T4+ anymore, boo hoo. Lightning WW is not that damaging on its own because it's a BUILDER for most situations and barely costs anything when it isn't. Proccing slightly less often won't make the shard of hate suddenly shit that you need to nuke, people who think so are just ridiculously unimaginative or spoiled to shit with no notion of how every build that isn't a lightning WW barb has worked the entire time.

scy

As far as NA is concerned, I'm basically always in the NA Mumble chat for trying to set up rift groups.
I need people to carry me while I alt-tab to post on GAF

Kyoufu

Or Barbs can move on to better skills as Whirlwind is terrible without a Shard of Hate exploit.

Wickwire

Leveling from 60-70 is not fun. Getting level 61 drops (especially legendaries) is so frustrating. Is anyone (particularly wizards) using Tyrael's Might? I'm wondering if I should reroll armor to a socket. It rolled allres, int, armor and move speed. What counts as a demon?

I use it and love Tyrael's might. I think I rerolled armor because when it dropped I didn't have any movement speed and wanted it. I should try for a 3 socket roll some day.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wickwire7-1676/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Or Barbs can move on to better skills as Whirlwind is terrible without a Shard of Hate exploit.

Uhh that's exactly what I'm saying... lightning barb/WW is so terrible without SoH that maybe they'll revisit some of the crippling nerfs the ability has received over the years and actually buff the base ability/playstyle to be viable WITHOUT SoH. I just love WW as an ability and don't want to be forced into earthquake/fire barb or a generic HOTA build.

Hyperbolic nonsense. It's still a very strong weapon even after the fixes. WW will proc it at the same rate it procs everything else (13%) because WW hits multiple times per second. No, you won't spin to win and instantly melt rift guardians on T4+ anymore, boo hoo. Lightning WW is not that damaging on its own because it's a BUILDER for most situations and barely costs anything when it isn't. Proccing slightly less often won't make the shard of hate suddenly shit that you need to nuke, people who think so are just ridiculously unimaginative or spoiled to shit with no notion of how every build that isn't a lightning WW barb has worked the entire time.

Sorry, I disagree completely. The 13% affix is awful and a relic of a two year old nerf because of a lifsteal WW. No, it's not fine at all, hell even when I'm running my thunderfury, thunderfury procs maybe once every 5s on WW (it's awful) whereas it procs on every single HOTA smash. WW is completely dogshit for procs and I guarantee you the spec will die and won't be t4-t6 viable without any other changes. Fire WW, Fire HOTA, or earthquake build (if you have the gear) are suddenly 100x better than lightning WW barb, whereas pre-hotfix they were all pretty good with lightning Barb having more immediate payoff with just a shard of hate but other fire builds being about equal or even taking it over at higher torments with the right gear.

Yeah, but the idea behind the drop rate was that "legendary items "should feel "legendary" they just had the wrong idea and made them extremely rare, not actually interesting or powerful

I was obviously talking about them being interesting and powerful, not rare... not sure why you replied to me thinking otherwise

Insaniac

I have tons of Shields. But as I read your quoted post, I'm on NA D:

Wickwire

Really curious why so many people do this. IMO the game is so much better with a full party.

I basically only play private games or maybe with a random friend I know in real life. I don't enjoy the pace most public games go at. I like doing my own thing without feeling rushed.

garath

Really curious why so many people do this. IMO the game is so much better with a full party.

I believe it. I guess I never thought of it. I play in little slices of time that going solo allows me to regulate what I do.

My friend who I play with understands I could be on for an hour or three and we work around that.

I may give it a shot next time I have a dedicated slice of time to play.

JLeack

Banned
Shit. Forgot about the second unity. Kadala bless me with another before the nerf!!!

Speaking of Unity, I was in a game a few days ago where two people had Unity rings and linked them. I had never heard of the ring prior to that. About 5 minutes later I had one drop for me!

Anyway, we were running 3 Unity rings, which worked well 99.9% of the time. There was one pack we pulled where the other two guys were taking way too much damage and brought me down with them.

LAME!

The Cowboy

Leveling from 60-70 is not fun. Getting level 61 drops (especially legendaries) is so frustrating.
Yeah, i really think they messed up big time in the L60 to L70 levelling process in regards to gear, You hit L61 and within that single level (i did at least) you get all your L61 drops, after that the game just gets harder and harder each level you go up as you don't get any gear to help you and the enemies get harder, then as soon as you hit L70 you get your L70 gear and the game within minutes becomes so much easier.

When i levelled my Barb from L60 to L70 i got all my L61 gear at L61, during the whole next 9 levels i didn't get a single upgrade. By the time i got to L69 i had the game set to normal mode as with the gear i had it was just not fun on harder modes, then within 10 minutes of hitting L70 i had all L70 gear (just a basic set) and i could easily take on master mode - its just a terrible setup for the final 10 levels.

And yes its so dam annoying to be L69 and get a L61 legendary.

garath

Yeah, i really think they messed up big time in the L60 to L70 levelling process in regards to gear, You hit L61 and within that single level (i did at least) you get all your L61 drops, after that the game just gets harder and harder each level you go up as you don't get any gear to help you and the enemies get harder. The as soon as you hit L70 you get your L70 gear and the game within minutes becomes so much easier.

When i levelled my Barb from L60 to L70 i got all my L61 gear at L61, during the whole next 9 levels i didn't get a single upgrade. By the time i got to L69 i had the game set to normal mode as with the gear i had it was just not fun on harder modes, then within 10 minutes of hitting L70 i had all L70 gear (just a basic set) and i could cake walk expert mode - its just a terrible setup for the final 10 levels.

And yes its so dam annoying to be L69 and get a L61 legendary.

Seriously. The scaling of 60-70 is rough. Basically it's just back the difficulty down to Expert or Master and slag through it.

I almost cried when I was level 69, killed a unique and saw TWO legendaries drop. Fortunately they were both level 70. One of them was the grandfather, the 2h my crusader is still using.

eek5

Yeah I have about 90% lightning stashed incase I want to swap. Basically incase I find a thunderfury or SOH.

Lol

I have 70% including a Odyn Son and a pretty decently rolled Vaxo... but lightning doesn't seem that strong compared to fire. :/

Speaking of Unity, I was in a game a few days ago where two people had Unity rings and linked them. I had never heard of the ring prior to that. About 5 minutes later I had one drop for me!

Anyway, we were running 3 Unity rings, which worked well 99.9% of the time. There was one pack we pulled where the other two guys were taking way too much damage and brought me down with them.

LAME!

This is where you get 11ty EHP and then link up unity and sit down in some nasty DoTs and kill all your teammates. haha :)

Nete

I have three mules full of shields, so it wouldn't be a problem to give you those 10. Are you in GAF clan? If so, just whisp me in game. If not, feel free to add me (Kharn#2862).

Is doing T6 Rumford at the Gate with a level 70 friend still the fastest way to power level from 60 to 70?

I leveled my last two chars to 70 doing regular Torment rifts with my main and switching to the low level dude before turning in the quest. Is pretty effective at T2-4, but requieres you to be in a party.

J0dy77

Anyone else getting bored seeing every melee character running around with a Thunderfury/SoH? I understand that these are the popular builds and people are gravitating towards them but Lighnting and fire seem leaps and bounds above cold, physical, poison, and holy for melee classes. Hopefully new legendaries will be introduced and lesser used skills continually tweaked.

scy

I just tell myself the Fire and Lightning build strength is a in-joke about us preparing to turn into Diablo come next game.

That's a huge lie. This is permanent -50% damage taken to yourself. Have a guildie that's been using it since day 1 and was able to do T6 the instant he got the second unity.

Bit of an understatement don't you think?
No longer procs from offhand hits = 50 percent less procs
13 percent proc coefficient instead of 100 percent = 87 percent less procs on mainhand hits
if the nerf is the way they describe it then it will proc 16x less often with WW

that's not a bit less often, but you sound pretty mad at shard of hate being strong or OP
It's not a competitive game you know
WW is indeed reverted to only being a situational builder (build and do a little bit of dmg while moving out of freezing/beams/explosions, otherwise it's 10x more efficient to mash HOTA for dps or weapon throw to build , as both of those have a high proc coefficient and also do way more damage)

Barbs will just all go fire which is the same build just different runes and no longer using whirlwind alongside hota

I will continue to build my proc barb trying to get pox faulds, thundergods and the death watch shoulders

Because he replied to someone else.

who replied to his reply to me:p I was reffering to his original quote

Is doing T6 Rumford at the Gate with a level 70 friend still the fastest way to power level from 60 to 70?
No, t6 hellrift bounty on act4 is way way faster
1-70 in an hour and a bit

Anyone else getting bored seeing every melee character running around with a Thunderfury/SoH? I understand that these are the popular builds and people are gravitating towards them but Lighnting and fire seem leaps and bounds above cold, physical, poison, and holy for melee classes. Hopefully new legendaries will be introduced and lesser used skills continually tweaked.

Fire skills seem to be the dominant damage dealers in the game. Then you have the Cindercoat and Magefists, no wonder so many people are drawn to them.

I'd like to use holy on monk but there's no good spender. Stun bell could work but it's too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom