• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Best rift is when I went into that one that has all those clear doors in it that you touch and they open. It's like a bunch of connecting rooms. The whole level had 2 enemies and 3 shrines. Good Job Blizzard lol

scy

Best rift is when I went into that one that has all those clear doors in it that you touch and they open. It's like a bunch of connecting rooms. The whole level had 2 enemies and 3 shrines. Good Job Blizzard lol

My absolute favorite so far was a super long hallway filled with dudes and champ packs in the sewers. It didn't even bother turning. Just a straight hall for days.

It was basically Diablo 3: TPS Edition. We even had chest high walls.

lt519

Anyone else besides me trying to use the Bloodthirst passive for Barbs to stack Health Globe Healing secondaries and get more Life per Fury Spent? I'm starting to hunt for equipment that has perfect primary rolls and then re-rolling secondaries to Health Globe bonuses.

I have about a 70,000 per globe bonus right now and it ups my life per fury spent to about 1,200. It's not much, but I can hit Battle Rage basically once a second to heal 24k life and while using Windshear on Whirlwind I'm pretty much healing an additional 12k per spin. It basically heals well over 10% of my health a second.

traveler

Not Wario
I like the Baleful Remnant I have but it's pretty much just a solo build since it only procs on my killing blows :( I have a feeling if Physical gets a little extra stuff then it can be a really monstrous build. I've already switched to Phalanx in my Lightning Build since Bowmen are hilarious.

I don't even really want it (anymore), just found it funny that I've actually never seen one after something like 500 Act 1 bags.

claydavis.gif :(

I still want it, but that does suck. Was looking forward to phalanx/baleful remnants/leoric's signet armies wrecking shit with T&T/5 piece Akkhans + Grandeur. A true Lord Commander build that would also use Bombardment to fully leverage the passive and round out the phys dmg based suite. Will still work solo at least.

I don't really need to get any more phys items than there are already in the game since there simply isn't room in the build to fit another phys dmg piece in. (Unless they added like a belt with it or something.)

anyhow that's all matter of opinion, I was just adressing your 'slightly less procs' comment mate, it's not slight if their description of the nerfs is correct, it's been properly neutered
Remember the proc only does about 230 percent weapon dmg whereas a thunderfury does up to 350 something (one of the thunderfuries I found last night has 354) and will target stuff off screen, and odyn has a fixed proc rate up to 36? percent chance and high percent weapon dmg proc with as downside that the range is shorter than thunderfury.

Just to clear a misconception here because I have seen more than one person say this but it's not only just 230% damage for lightning procs. It shot out 3 bolts of lightning per proc and people were getting 4 procs a second. That 2760% weapon damage a second from the proc alone. I have clan member who got a SoH on his monk and it was hilarious playing the game like a shoot-em-up straight out of Mercs from the Sega Genesis using the cold rune. Even that was around 800% a second using a cold orb firing machinegun.

I personally don't care because I always find it hilarious that Blizzard always lack oversight on some very obvious stuff. But who in the right mind wouldn't expect this to get nerfed? Barbs are still very awesome since they have great sets, which you can put together and mix and match very well if you put some work and theorycraft in it.

Vossler

After cursing DH, just Danetta's Xbow drop.....been rolling through souls trying to get a socket.....then another Natalya's Chest drops, better than the one I have currently....BLIZZ YOU READ NEOGAF FORUMS FOR COMPLAINTS???!?!?

Tom Penny

My absolute favorite so far was a super long hallway filled with dudes and champ packs in the sewers. It didn't even bother turning. Just a straight hall for days.

I have played a similar sewer level. I thought it would not end but it did. In the same level I described with the connecting door rooms the whole level was My little Pony. I took screenshots but never posted them.

I was with you on this one iirc. Just one long straight line of mobs to slaughter.

Anyone else besides me trying to use the Bloodthirst passive for Barbs to stack Health Globe Healing secondaries and get more Life per Fury Spent? I'm starting to hunt for equipment that has perfect primary rolls and then re-rolling secondaries to Health Globe bonuses.

I have about a 70,000 per globe bonus right now and it ups my life per fury spent to about 1,200. It's not much, but I can hit Battle Rage basically once a second to heal 24k life and while using Windshear on Whirlwind I'm pretty much healing an additional 12k per spin. It basically heals well over 10% of my health a second.

Yes, I have 40000 health globe bonus onmy gear which makes the passive very good, each hammer heals me for 10k and with high attack speed on my gear I can mash them very fast
it's what keeps me alive while standing in beams and explosions for fury on t2 with my 275khp

Anyone know a good poison witch doctor build btw? I found those swamp land waders leggings with 19 percent poison dmg and 20 percent crowd control duration reduction , they seem pretty awesome to make a build around
I also have the serpent mojo that shares my dmg taken with my dogs, I'd like to keep using the dogs since the heal from the passive adds a lot of tank to the WD

@ scy: I told you kadela is where it's at:p she just blessed me with pox faulds on my barb after 2500 ish shards put into pants (after not finding a single upgrade for 3 days running rifts for 3-4 hours a day)

scy

@ scy: I told you kadela is where it's at:p she just blessed me with pox faulds on my barb after 2500 ish shards put into pants (after not finding a single upgrade for 3 days running rifts for 3-4 hours a day)

I'm at like 20,000 shards on her just on 2H Weapons :( Nearly 32k Shards total. Most the other slots I've gambled on have turned out fine though (Andariel's, Mirrorball, etc.).

Man, if they greatly increased the chances of finding a legendary from Kadala, and STILL is incredibly rare, what were the chances before they upped the drop rate? Eek gads.

dengatron

Man, if they greatly increased the chances of finding a legendary from Kadala, and STILL is incredibly rare, what were the chances before they upped the drop rate? Eek gads.

good enough that i got a cindercoat as my second item ever from gambling. it was pretty abysmal, but it's pretty decent now. i got 4-5 legendaries from gambling in the past 2 days, and one of them was an amazing pair of magefists with a near perfect trifecta roll on them.

ZenaxPure

I did by accident. One day I noticed like most of my secondaries were health globe bonuses so I popped in bloodthirst and saw that I had around 1600 life per fury spent, it's a pretty damn strong stat when you get that high.

Tom Penny

good enough that i got a cindercoat as my second item ever from gambling. it was pretty abysmal, but it's pretty decent now. i got 4-5 legendaries from gambling in the past 2 days, and one of them was an amazing pair of magefists with a near perfect trifecta roll on them.

I hate these stories because I'm not telling them !!!

Ikon

Has anyone here got a pair or Tasker and Theo? I've burnt a ridiculous amount of shards at Kadala gambling for them. I know it's RNG and everything but I know more people who are trying for them as well and I'm starting to suspect they just don't drop atm..

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I get tons of legendaries from Kadala, but all of them are things I don't want / are terrible / are forgotten souls in their unprocessed form.

I'd wager that I probably get 1 legendary per 500 shards when gambling on gear.

Has anyone here got a pair or Tasker and Theo? I've burnt a ridiculous amount of shards at Kadala gambling for them. I know it's RNG and everything but I know more people who are trying for them as well and I'm starting to suspect they just don't drop atm..

I've spent over 2500 shards on gloves so far. Nothing but Gladiators, St Andrews crap, and Magefists. Really want those gloves, they dropped on a crusader at 70 for me though with str and horrible stats.

It's crazy how rare it is and yet I think frostburns are even more rare than Taskers. Very lame skewed ratio. But I'm still happy with my magefists / cindercoat combo for Firebats.

Got my demon hunter to 70 yesterday and got them after 100 shards.

joesmokey

Morlu Incinerators have to be the most annoying mob type in the game as they are incredibly frustrating in rifts. You're constantly doing nothing but dodging the relentless meteors and chasing them down after endless teleports. Not so much fun to be had there.

Ikon

I have a pair on my WD, but I've had them for a while now. Got them as a regular drop, not from Kadala.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TatteredHat-2414/hero/35948999

I've spent over 2500 shards on gloves so far. Nothing but Gladiators, St Andrews crap, and Magefists. Really want those gloves, they dropped on a crusader at 70 for me though with str and horrible stats.

It's crazy how rare it is and yet I think frostburns are even more rare than Taskers. Very lame skewed ratio. But I'm still happy with my magefists / cindercoat combo for Firebats.
Well that's comforting at least, in some weird way. I actually had a pair of Frostburns drop the other day that I gave to a wiz friend of mine, so I know those "exist" too. My personal experience is that some items seem to drop for the "wrong" classes. For example both me and a WD friend have had SoH drops recently and I've got more barb set items than WD while playing WD :/

Edit: Also, I'm actually over 9000 shards on gloves for T&T without success :p

Well that's comforting at least, in some weird way. I actually had a pair of Frostburns drop the other day that I gave to a wiz friend of mine, so I know those "exist" too. My personal experience is that some items seem to drop for the "wrong" classes. For example both me and a WD friend have had SoH drops recently and I've got more barb set items than WD while playing WD :/

I actually found the gloves while playing on my Wizard, not exactly the ideal pet class.

JCizzle

Mu Incinerators have to be the most annoying mob type in the game as they are incredibly frustrating in rifts. You're constantly doing nothing but dodging the relentless meteors and chasing them down after endless teleports. Not so much fun to be had there.

Ugh, mobs that keep running away are the worst. Just fucking stay still and die! Need my loot!

So I got two tal rashas pieces now (belt and helm) I want the chest piece and the ring of grandeur and I'll be super happy

I'm in the same boat, sort of. I have the Tal helm, belt and the RoRG...now just waiting for that third piece to drop! I'm also only one Vyrs piece away from unlocking the full set. If the proper pieces drop I'm going to have a lot of fun piecing together a multi-elemental + full archon build.

eek5

Dahbomb

I got two from Kadala (salvaged one).

I got it on a Monk though with Dexterity.

why do you clear them though (unless you're already in one of the high density areas then it's worth it for all the elite packs)
Most people don't have high amount of Riftstones to keep opening up Rifts.

In addition, you can't get the godly set items from the gambler.. it's best acquired from Rifts so you need to maximize your play in Rifts.

Also even if you have 3-4 Rifts... the 5th Rift could have insane density like a Graveyard Rift. Those end up being worth doing.

And finally... the MYTHICAL COW LEVEL!

The only time I don't clear is when it's obvious that the Rift is a bad one or a sparsely populated one. You learn this by experience. Oddly enough about half of my Legendaries have come AFTER I kill the final boss.

Ogawa-san

DH here. I've been after T&T for a long time, but then a pair of decently itemized Magefist fell into my lap. Now I'm not sure, would T&T even be worth it without 4pc Marauder?

ZenaxPure

Barb leap + earthquake mechanics guide by Zylog:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/237en0/leap_and_earthquake_mechanics_guide/

Good news - the three earthquakes stack for damage after all.

I didn't realize (but it makes sense now) that the passive that gives you fury when you use earthquake procs from those leaps.... That is fucking ridiculous. Wish I could actually get that set to drop (all I have is the gloves), it's what I want to finish off my current build.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
*opens act 1 cache*

*CHING*

OMG

IT'S A FUCKING AMULET

LLShC.gif

but it could be a moonlight ward!

aborath

Neo Member
Daily update - Really can't shake my love for Witch Doctor so my new plan is to make three sets of armor for my WD.

One - Firebomb/Pets - This is my current set, it melts things beyond belief. Need a bunch of gear to get "perfect" but it's pretty much set already. Things like Burning Axe or Devastator, Fire SoJ, Mask of Jeram are the upgrade paths.

Two - Straight pets, need all physical gear and Tasker and Theo.

Three - Poison Build, lots of gear needed, going to focus on Locusts and probably toads or poison darts. Main need is Swamp Walkers and Quesisltialtiatlaiozoial.

This way, I can play my favourite character and STILL get upgrades consistently.

By the way, we should all link our profiles (if we want) so we can all be in awe of each other.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flawless-1502/hero/42046620

Be in awe...
... or not.

I've got Swamp Waders (terrible, 15%, but I've got them), but I still need a Quatzequatel. Damn you, Kadala.

Dahbomb

Yeah that's a completed Set PLUS a specific Legendary. Not exactly easy to get.

Barbs also have the best Set items. The Monk set pieces are pretty garbage in comparison. One of them gives you all 4 Mantras at once but it's currently bugged so that 2 of them aren't working.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah that's a completed Set PLUS a specific Legendary. Not exactly easy to get.

Barbs also have the best Set items. The Monk set pieces are pretty garbage in comparison. One of them gives you all 4 Mantras at once but it's currently bugged so that 2 of them aren't working.

By the way, mantra of conviction may only be contributing 6% instead of 10%. I have an old +minimum damage gear set I can use for testing it later.

got death watch mantle from kadela after 150 shards, oops it also has an internal cooldown now
stomp that fun out good
glad I didn't have to waste 3000 shards to find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom