• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Bit of an understatement don't you think?

I'm willing to wait to see it in-game to see if there's at least an adjustment for it. And while it might be a huge reduction, it's worth consideration how much of it is just excessive. I mean, it still could function "well enough."

who replied to his reply to me:p I was reffering to his original quote

Fair enough~ Still, I think part of it stands though. Like, I just read it as him saying that in vanilla Diablo 3, Legendaries were rare because Legendaries should be rare due to their interesting and powerful properties. Except they forgot the last part.

Which is more-or-less the situation we're in again. A bit better than before but still showing the same signs.

Chanser

screenshot0204orhz.jpg

Hmm...
Re-roll lightning for fire or crit chance or damage?

Actually I may give this to my Wizard.

Wallach

6-8 seems like an exaggeration (or a simply far more efficient set of people to run with than I'm familiar with) but ~4-5 is doable in an hour. Solo probably not, though.

And if you're at 30m clears, you're probably better off just doing T1. Unless you're just always stuck with the longest maps (e.g., 5-6+ floors), in which case "30m clear" isn't that bad just due to how much stuff killed.

6-8 solo T2 clears per hour is pretty normal for me. 6 per hour is a full 10 minutes between rift openings, which is definitely longer than my average.

Shouta

Fire skills seem to be the dominant damage dealers in the game. Then you have the Cindercoat and Magefists, no wonder so many people are drawn to them.

I'd like to use holy on monk but there's no good spender. Stun bell could work but it's too expensive.

Fire/Holy is a good combination. Bell is pricey but Fist of Fury does sick damage as a generator and if you don't need to use your Spirit on Mantra or etc, you should have enough, especially in Epiphany - Inner Fire mode.

TheYanger

Bit of an understatement don't you think?
No longer procs from offhand hits = 50 percent less procs
13 percent proc coefficient instead of 100 percent = 87 percent less procs on mainhand hits
if the nerf is the way they describe it then it will proc 16x less often with WW

that's not a bit less often, but you sound pretty mad at shard of hate being strong or OP
It's not a competitive game you know
WW is indeed reverted to only being a situational builder (build and do a little bit of dmg while moving out of freezing/beams/explosions, otherwise it's 10x more efficient to mash HOTA for dps or weapon throw to build , as both of those have a high proc coefficient and also do way more damage)

Barbs will just all go fire which is the same build just different runes and no longer using whirlwind alongside hota

I will continue to build my proc barb trying to get pox faulds, thundergods and the death watch shoulders

who replied to his reply to me:p I was reffering to his original quote

No, t6 hellrift bounty on act4 is way way faster
1-70 in an hour and a bit

Don't you think it's perfectly fine for the version of WW that makes it GIVE you resources instead of costing them to be the least damaging version? as it's intended to be? I was lightning WW, I have a shard of hate. IT WAS BROKEN. You literally right click and hold the button and watch tens of millions of damage fly out multiple times per second. What the fuck do you guys expect?

If you want WW to do a lot of damage on its own, you use the other versions. Same as if I want hammer to do a lot on its own I use the fire one, the lightning one has other benefits. Same as...every other skill in the game? The 'cheap' or 'free' versions of skills are not supposed to be the highest damage versions. You can still be a lightning WW barb, but you need to expect the skill the function as it is supposed to. Wind Shear is already very useful without a shard of hate, but no it does not pump out tons of damage. Yes, my hammer of the ancients hits harder, and even procs shard of hate more! but you know what I can't do? Hold down hammer of the ancients and never let go unless there are no mobs on the screen. I can hammer like 5 times from max fury, and then have to build back up. God forbid! FIVE LIGHTNING BOLTS OH THE HUMANITY. Oh wait that's right, I went back to fire with hammer, because now I have other viable options and I prefer the heavy hitting one to the one that stuns, and I have gear for either spec so I can choose what to do and they're both good. Crazy. Before I just had to put the lightning gear on and spin around or I was playing wrong.

I wish they would get rid of gear on the followers. It's not conducive to playing multiple characters.

It's not very fun putting my templar's gear away after I use him so my other characters can have access to it.

Also, I would love to switch out the templar for one of the others just to give it a shot, but I would have to find all new gear, and that doesn't sound appealing at all.

Anyone agree, disagree?

eek5

6-8 solo T2 clears per hour is pretty normal for me. 6 per hour is a full 10 minutes between rift openings, which is definitely longer than my average.

Yeah but you're a fuckin beast. Normal people can only do 4-6 depending on density.

Fire skills seem to be the dominant damage dealers in the game. Then you have the Cindercoat and Magefists, no wonder so many people are drawn to them.

I'd like to use holy on monk but there's no good spender. Stun bell could work but it's too expensive.

I have a bunch of +holy% items and I ran a holy build for a couple runs and it's awful. I can't tell if something is broken with bells but I couldn't get over a 6mil crit with stun bell USING mythic rhythm. In comparison my fire LTKs can crit up to 14m a piece WITHOUT mythic rhythm bonus. Doesn't make sense and seemed really inefficient. I'll stick with fire. :(

scy

Like, a full rift clear or just to the boss + boss floor? Maybe I need to time better but last night at T3 it was ~5-6m to rift boss and then 4-15m to finish the rift depending on the number of floors.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If you want WW to do a lot of damage on its own, you use the other versions. Same as if I want hammer to do a lot on its own I use the fire one, the lightning one has other benefits. Same as...every other skill in the game? The 'cheap' or 'free' versions of skills are not supposed to be the highest damage versions. You can still be a lightning WW barb, but you need to expect the skill the function as it is supposed to. Wind Shear is already very useful without a shard of hate, but no it does not pump out tons of damage. Yes, my hammer of the ancients hits harder, and even procs shard of hate more! but you know what I can't do? Hold down hammer of the ancients and never let go unless there are no mobs on the screen. I can hammer like 5 times from max fury, and then have to build back up. God forbid! FIVE LIGHTNING BOLTS OH THE HUMANITY. Oh wait that's right, I went back to fire with hammer, because now I have other viable options and I prefer the heavy hitting one to the one that stuns, and I have gear for either spec so I can choose what to do and they're both good. Crazy. Before I just had to put the lightning gear on and spin around or I was playing wrong.

There's a difference between slightly less damage and completely awful damage. It's not even a contest--at higher torments it's about high damage, mobility, and toughness. Lightning WW gives extremely low damage and a 75% MS cap.

And please don't give me that fury management crap, with IK or earth sets (not to mention cindercoat) and a fire build there is absolutely no fury management to speak of. Lightning builds unfortunately don't have the same benefits, there are sets/items that fix fire's fury problem (all the while exponentially increasing their damage) and you end up with insanely high damage + infinite fury, but there are no sets or items that fix lightning's damage problem--that was SoH.

Diablo is all about crafting the most powerful character with certain pieces of gear that often exponentially increase your survivability, damage, or both--using gear to fix your deficiencies. Lightning WW is one giant sore deficiency that doesn't have any alluring gear attached to it anymore. Hell, it's probably 10x better to use a thunderfury with a fire build now than a lightning one. There's absolutely no reason to be lightning unless you want to be subpar. Fire does everything better and can attain that infinite fury status (the only thing wind shear has going for it).

Mugaaz

Anyone else getting bored seeing every melee character running around with a Thunderfury/SoH? I understand that these are the popular builds and people are gravitating towards them but Lighnting and fire seem leaps and bounds above cold, physical, poison, and holy for melee classes. Hopefully new legendaries will be introduced and lesser used skills continually tweaked.

They arent using either because theyre lightning, theyre using them because of the proc's effect and dmg. They dont care about the element at all.

The only bug with SoH was the proc was getting boosted by elemental skill modifiers, which is not supposed to happen. The proc rate and how it worked are EXACTLY how the tooltip states. It was not a "bug", the only bug was in their balance pass and the numerical values they gave to SoH proc's WD%.

Think the changes to SoH are insane, proc and how it works should remain exactly as is. What SHOULD change is the numerical value for the WD% the proc dealt. The way the weapon worked was absolutely cool as hell, the only thing stupid was that it dealt too much damage. If they lower the WD% to a reasonable number WW barbs can still be a thing, just on a lower T level than they were farming before. Instead they are now 100% not a build anymore.

This "bug" shit is insulting. Mirrorball, Crusaders pre-change skill values, SoH, etc were not bugged. They simply hadn't been tested enough to have been balanced right. If I make a new fireball skill for wizards that costs 10AP and deals 4000% WD. I can't come back 2 weeks later and say the skill is bugged because it costs too little and does too much damage, who are we kidding here? Obviously some of the items and skills are out of line, theyre being re-balanced, not having bugs removed lol.

If they find out pet-based Witch Doctors are too strong, are they gonna claim the CD changes were a bug?

On a more meta level. I don't understand why SoH had to be nerfed either. If you used lightning or cold it was the best weapon and needed for builds to work - Think we all agree on this at least? However, all these classes where this was an option, the elements that didn't use SoH, say fire barbs, arcane wizards, poison/physical WD - all were equally viable. So what exactly is the problem here? What is the real difference between Shard of Hate for lightning barbs and Maximus for a fire barb? Is it unfair that Tasker and Theo / Mask of Jeram are needed for pet witch doctors? Shard of Hate was not eliminating build options, removing it is. An item being better than all other options doesn't mean that much intrinsically, people used to only use Skorn and Echoing Fury.

I'm willing to wait to see it in-game to see if there's at least an adjustment for it. And while it might be a huge reduction, it's worth consideration how much of it is just excessive. I mean, it still could function "well enough."

Fair enough~ Still, I think part of it stands though. Like, I just read it as him saying that in vanilla Diablo 3, Legendaries were rare because Legendaries should be rare due to their interesting and powerful properties. Except they forgot the last part.

Which is more-or-less the situation we're in again. A bit better than before but still showing the same signs.

I agree with the rarity thing and d3 situation

As for soh:
well my thunderfury as awesome as it is with my throw and HOTA due to the high dmg (330 something percent) is rubbish with WW so if shard now functions the same as tf it will not have a use for it either, since the proc dmg is lower it will not compete for the offhand slot with TF either (let alone the mainhand slot since tf always rolls a socket and main stat so it's much easier to get a good roll on it)

I'm assuming it'll be like odyn now but without the arcane dmg bonus or high damage percentage roll on the proc
if it can still proc off andariel, thundergod, pox etc then it might at least be funny just to stack as many procs as you can

Let's hope it's still somewhat legendary and not another nailbiter , but you know blizz they dont just nerf they destroy

Don't you think it's perfectly fine for the version of WW that makes it GIVE you resources instead of costing them to be the least damaging version? as it's intended to be? I was lightning WW, I have a shard of hate. IT WAS BROKEN. You literally right click and hold the button and watch tens of millions of damage fly out multiple times per second. What the fuck do you guys expect?

Sounds like you're using the wrong gear, I can mash hota all day when running rifts with my friends
reapers wraps are amazing (endless fury as long as stuff dies in an efficient way, which it easily does on t2) and a bit of resource cost reduction and the right passives go a long way
the main problem with lightning hota build is that your damage falls off a cliff on t4+ since you take too long to kill stuff and no longer get that health globe fury rolling in and can't burst elites down with your volcano and or wrath of the berserker to keep the rampage (literally) rolling.

If you can't keep lightning barb rolling then the sustained damage just kind of vanishes with it, which makes them not that viable for higher torment imo
at least that's how my build (which I really enjoy playing) works

I could play my wiz and disintegrate turret stuff down for sustain on higher torments with a bit more gear (as the wizard i'm running with is doing) but that spec is about as fun as pulling teeth

eek5

Like, a full rift clear or just to the boss + boss floor? Maybe I need to time better but last night at T3 it was ~5-6m to rift boss and then 4-15m to finish the rift depending on the number of floors.

Wallach goes through rift at like max movement speed vaulting through everything and one shots all the things in T2

dengatron

no one full clears rifts in sub 7 minutes on torment 2. i can one shot trash solo on torment 2 and vault between trash packs and it still takes me 6 minutes to get rift boss, loot, close and start a new rift.

Wallach

Oh, I must've missed that bit. Just to boss and perhaps boss floor depending on density/layout. Usually that shit is a waste of time.

eek5

Oh, I must've missed that bit. Just to boss and perhaps boss floor depending on density/layout. Usually that shit is a waste of time.

You should get in on the rift it forward shit. You get to boss and invite 3 people from the community then kill boss and one of them opens your next rift for you and lets you continue rifting.

I've only run into a couple assholes so far.

eek5

I'd have a lot less loot if all I did was speed run to the rift boss and close.

Eh, IDK. If fragments aren't an issue then running to boss then getting into a new rift should be similar except you'll end up with more forgotten souls (from guardian drop), more xp/gold (turnin) and more blood shards (more chance for legs) in the long run. Running the next level on a rift really gives you nothing except extending your rift time but if fragments aren't an issue and you're going to be in a rift anyway. you might as well be working towards another guardian.

The only time I'll clear when solo is if it is a good level like cemetary, sewers (easy to navigate), prison otherwise I'll just RM.

traveler

Not Wario
If you regularly farm grandeurs/did regularly farm grandeurs, the rate at which accumulate keystones will outpace the rate at which you spend them, meaning you have near infinite time available for rifting. With such a scenario, it makes no sense to do anything other than clear the boss and the move on to the next rift. Any legs you note that you got after a boss kill could just have easily have dropped in a fresh rift, where at least your time investment would be earning you more blood shards.

Edit: Beaten.

Kyoufu

Eh, IDK. If fragments aren't an issue then running to boss then getting into a new rift should be similar except you'll end up with more forgotten souls (from guardian drop) and more blood shards (more chance for legs) in the long run. Running the next level on a rift really gives you nothing except extending your rift time but if fragments aren't an issue and you're going to be in a rift anyway. you might as well be working towards another guardian.

I'd agree about it being more efficient if Kadala gave me anything worth a damn, but after 20k shards I've gotten nothing of use from her.

Yesterday I picked up the IK helm (perfect roll) when we were clearing the prison after the boss. I'm glad we didn't bail out!

eek5

I'd agree about it being more efficient if Kadala gave me anything worth a damn, but after 20k shards I've gotten nothing of use from her.

Yesterday I picked up the IK helm (perfect roll) when we were clearing the prison after the boss. I'm glad we didn't bail out!

The drop rate doesn't increase after the boss though. You could've easily gotten that drop in the next rift which has the same drop rate.

Getting a good legendary after you kill the boss and continue clearing isn't really evidence that it is worth it to keep killing after the boss. It only makes sense if you're fragment-limited and need to extend rift time as long as possible to maximize the amount of fragments you have but between people having thousands of fragments or communities like rift it forward this really isn't an issue.

scy

I mean, it's not like that specific mob was set to drop it. It's really just a game of killing X dudes until Y drop occurs. It doesn't matter where they are.

That said, I prefer running through the rest of the rift, though I'm at the point I'd like to just end them if it's a bad mob density area. Or Pandemonium Fortress. Especially Pandemonium Fortress.

See, fuck Pandemonium Fortress.

running in a group speeds up runs immensely (the extra density helps a lot too)
we got a barb with the movespeed belt and sprint+ the rune, most of us have the cache gloves, arcane wizard specced wave of force and arcane orbs (the arcane ones that circle you) for mobility and absolutely melts shit, we zerg through in 5-8 mins depending on density; once we find the cooldown shrine the wizard also has a large uptime on archon for 10 mins

If it's the graveyard, the cracked sand floor area, the prison or oasis then we'll clear the entire floor after the boss is dead, but the low density shit areas are not worth wasting time on, better to reset , collect more bloodshards and kill more mobs and elite packs over time in better rift maps

the perma sprint from barb is key to doing quick runs since the majority of the time on t2 is spent just running to the next pack

since the patch densities have been suspiciously low, we very often get to the end of the rift teleport pylon by the time we get to the boss

scy

I run with a group as well, though the only real notable speed buff is my NG stacks and Monk Annihilation typically since it's just whomever is on when I start doing runs. If we just did to the end of the boss floor, we'd probably also hit around an ~8m average clear time maybe, depending on area. It's the extra floors after that changes it. Like, we had a rift we hit the boss on the first floor but ended up going through I think 5 total in the end.

I run with a group as well, though the only real notable speed buff is my NG stacks and Monk Annihilation typically since it's just whomever is on when I start doing runs. If we just did to the end of the boss floor, we'd probably also hit around an ~8m average clear time maybe, depending on area. It's the extra floors after that changes it. Like, we had a rift we hit the boss on the first floor but ended up going through I think 5 total in the end.

why do you clear them though (unless you're already in one of the high density areas then it's worth it for all the elite packs) , kadela is your best bet of actually getting a specific non set item now (even though she doesn't drop shit, you at least get to choose what category you won't get shit in)
kadela is how I got my cindercoat and one of my andariel helmets and some crappy magefists (21000 blood shards lol) , how a friend got his thundefury, how another got his shard and all of us got our firewalkers (iceclimbers are a myth it seems)
Right now I'm putting all my blood shards into pants to get pox faulds but she's only given me a hammer jammers and 3 other random leg pants over about 3000 shards

Just resetting the rift results in killing the same amount of enemies over time, you just get more souls and blood shards as a bonus
not resetting is like playing monopoly and not collecting your 2000 dollars when you go past start

TheYanger

I agree with the rarity thing and d3 situation

As for soh:
well my thunderfury as awesome as it is with my throw and HOTA due to the high dmg (330 something percent) is rubbish with WW so if shard now functions the same as tf it will not have a use for it either, since the proc dmg is lower it will not compete for the offhand slot with TF either (let alone the mainhand slot since tf always rolls a socket and main stat so it's much easier to get a good roll on it)

I'm assuming it'll be like odyn now but without the arcane dmg bonus or high damage percentage roll on the proc
if it can still proc off andariel, thundergod, pox etc then it might at least be funny just to stack as many procs as you can

Let's hope it's still somewhat legendary and not another nailbiter , but you know blizz they dont just nerf they destroy

Sounds like you're using the wrong gear, I can mash hota all day when running rifts with my friends
reapers wraps are amazing (endless fury as long as stuff dies in an efficient way, which it easily does on t2) and a bit of resource cost reduction and the right passives go a long way
the main problem with lightning hota build is that your damage falls off a cliff on t4+ since you take too long to kill stuff and no longer get that health globe fury rolling in and can't burst elites down with your volcano and or wrath of the berserker to keep the rampage (literally) rolling.

If you can't keep lightning barb rolling then the sustained damage just kind of vanishes with it, which makes them not that viable for higher torment imo
at least that's how my build (which I really enjoy playing) works

I could play my wiz and disintegrate turret stuff down for sustain on higher torments with a bit more gear (as the wizard i'm running with is doing) but that spec is about as fun as pulling teeth

If you're not having rage problems with HotA, you can still run WW just as easily, if you're running the GENERATOR WW and expecting the same damage, you can start to understand why SoH was broken. If you're saying you can't just roflstomp higher torments anymore, that's the idea.

Yeah, it's a game about getting gear that lets you beat harder things, but this was literally a case of 'I can carefully craft this set of 10 or whatever items that really help me push harder torments' OR! 'I can get a shard of hate and spec whirlwind and just laugh as everything dies'. This is getting ridiculous, it is literally nonsensical that people didn't feel that item was broken. It didn't work as the proc stated it worked, it didn't work as any OTHER procs in the game work. There was nothing about it that said 'this is ok'. Would they have left it if it wasn't OP? Probably, cause whatever, but the fact that you can completely break the entire combat dynamic of skills in the game with it (invalidating slower skills and making faster ones stupid overpowered) necessitates a nerf. The game would devolve into everyone eventually getting one and just playing barbs unless they felt like being inferior.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have three mules full of shields, so it wouldn't be a problem to give you those 10. Are you in GAF clan? If so, just whisp me in game. If not, feel free to add me (Kharn#2862).

That would be awesome, I have added you.

EDIT: Thanks, got them! Hopefully I can get a decent roll.

If you're not having rage problems with HotA, you can still run WW just as easily, if you're running the GENERATOR WW and expecting the same damage, you can start to understand why SoH was broken. If you're saying you can't just roflstomp higher torments anymore, that's the idea.

Yeah, it's a game about getting gear that lets you beat harder things, but this was literally a case of 'I can carefully craft this set of 10 or whatever items that really help me push harder torments' OR! 'I can get a shard of hate and spec whirlwind and just laugh as everything dies'. This is getting ridiculous, it is literally nonsensical that people didn't feel that item was broken. It didn't work as the proc stated it worked, it didn't work as any OTHER procs in the game work. There was nothing about it that said 'this is ok'. Would they have left it if it wasn't OP? Probably, cause whatever, but the fact that you can completely break the entire combat dynamic of skills in the game with it (invalidating slower skills and making faster ones stupid overpowered) necessitates a nerf. The game would devolve into everyone eventually getting one and just playing barbs unless they felt like being inferior.

I never said it wasn't op

I still don't see why it had to be nerfed (i don't have a shard and never expect to find one, I didn't find azurewrath or the fire wand on my wiz either in 280 rifts ;) ) it's not a competitive game who cares
I have 2 friends with it and they were having a good time with it, no skin off my back

anyhow that's all matter of opinion, I was just adressing your 'slightly less procs' comment mate, it's not slight if their description of the nerfs is correct, it's been properly neutered
Remember the proc only does about 230 percent weapon dmg whereas a thunderfury does up to 350 something (one of the thunderfuries I found last night has 354) and will target stuff off screen, and odyn has a fixed proc rate up to 36? percent chance and high percent weapon dmg proc with as downside that the range is shorter than thunderfury.

The shard procs should now work the same way as for thunderfury which combined with te lower damage would mean it went from omg this is insane to noone is going to want it anymore (the usual blizzard overnerf)
I don't believe for a second that when they design a weapon the guy that designs it doesn't try it out for 5 minutes on the different classes with each ability.
They should have caught this during beta (they should have caught this during the design process of the weapon) but as usual they prefer to hold the carrot out to people first and then snag it away

40 bucks to beta test an expansion

and again on the topic of legendary legendaries, just browsing through the history of drops in the clan menu (or seeing about 30-40 drops an hour during chest runs combined for the party) really highlights what mountains of insta soul shit (not even saved for alts) you find for every desireable (desireable, not a good roll!) item

Dash27

Leveling from 60-70 is not fun. Getting level 61 drops (especially legendaries) is so frustrating. Is anyone (particularly wizards) using Tyrael's Might? I'm wondering if I should reroll armor to a socket. It rolled allres, int, armor and move speed. What counts as a demon?

I have a Tyrael's Might as a Wiz, pretty much everything in Act IV is a demon so it's great for there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dashel-1673/hero/36077677

Mine has 2 sockets and I'll likely reroll it to 3 eventually.

Phenomic

I wish they would get rid of gear on the followers. It's not conducive to playing multiple characters.

It's not very fun putting my templar's gear away after I use him so my other characters can have access to it.

Also, I would love to switch out the templar for one of the others just to give it a shot, but I would have to find all new gear, and that doesn't sound appealing at all.

Anyone agree, disagree?

I think they should just make the three followers have account wide gear. That way anything you'd want to have them just throw in a stash and it can be easily swapped out for later.

I almost never play alone because I find the game to be dreadfully boring if it's just quiet, but as someone with every class at level 70 trying to gear 18 followers is a pain in the butt. All of mine are using level 60 gear from the auction house and I have no plans on geared them up anytime soon.

garath

I think they should just make the three followers have account wide gear. That way anything you'd want to have them just throw in a stash and it can be easily swapped out for later.

I almost never play alone because I find the game to be dreadfully boring if it's just quiet, but as someone with every class at level 70 trying to gear 18 followers is a pain in the butt. All of mine are using level 60 gear from the auction house and I have no plans on geared them up anytime soon.

I have no idea why followers aren't account wide. Drives me nuts I have to gear up my followers for every character.

foxdvd

RNG being RNG, after my complaining earlier in the thread about the low drop rate, I do one quick rift run at lunch, and get 3 legendaries (two off the rift boss) and a forgotten soul. None of them were good, but it still felt good after getting so few the last 3 days. Then I go to Kadala, and after spending about 2500 shards the last 3 days trying to get a mojo or a helm for my wd and getting nothing... I get a Uhkapian Serpent on my first buy....

RNG being RNG, after my complaining earlier in the thread about the low drop rate, I do one quick rift run at lunch, and get 3 legendaries (two off the rift boss) and a forgotten soul. None of them were good, but it still felt good after getting so few the last 3 days. Then I go to Kadala, and after spending about 2500 shards the last 3 days trying to get a mojo or a helm for my wd and getting nothing... I get a Uhkapian Serpent on my first buy....

Kadala is fickle for sure, I haven't dumped that amount of Shards but last Saturday morning she dropped a offhand and boots for my wizard back to back on the first two rolls. They required some tweaking but I was shocked.

I have a Tyrael's Might as a Wiz, pretty much everything in Act IV is a demon so it's great for there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dashel-1673/hero/36077677

Mine has 2 sockets and I'll likely reroll it to 3 eventually.

Thanks. The other problem is it is level 61. I'll probably try to roll 3 sockets but not waste too much on it.

I have no idea why followers aren't account wide. Drives me nuts I have to gear up my followers for every character.

Same.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm assuming the follower issue arises from the ability to have followers of varying levels (and, thus, varying gear eligibility) across differently leveled characters. I think account wide gear at 70 would be a welcome and fair change, but I'm not sure how they would implement it. I guess it could just be as inelegant as they have unique gear until 70, at which point all gear is shared, but I doubt they'd like that solution. Could also have their gear scale down using the same scaling as they already have implemented in some fashion for legs.

scy

why do you clear them though (unless you're already in one of the high density areas then it's worth it for all the elite packs)

Because.

That's literally it.

Because.

I'm not against just resetting when we reach the boss / clear the boss floor but we usually just keep going. It doesn't really bother me unless we have get some bad areas (e.g., the aforementioned Pandemonium Fortress).

Taz

Kadala is fickle for sure, I haven't dumped that amount of Shards but last Saturday morning she dropped a offhand and boots for my wizard back to back on the first two rolls. They required some tweaking but I was shocked.

3000 shards spent got no legendary s, all on 5 cost items and then I finally get one and spend 100 more shards and get three more , it makes no logical sense but it is what it is.

207 act 1 bounty bags to get a ring with a streak of no legendarys in 57 bag opening, go on act 2 for gloves get them second bag.

Then again playing Vanilla Diablo 3 took me just over 50 hours for my first legendary.

Heck I remember putting the game on inferno for the first time walking out side of the gates on act 1 and getting one shot by the 1st white mob and doing zero damage to it

Because.

That's literally it.

Because.

I'm not against just resetting when we reach the boss / clear the boss floor but we usually just keep going. It doesn't really bother me unless we have get some bad areas (e.g., the aforementioned Pandemonium Fortress).

Same. I like efficiency, but not at the sacrifice of fun. I enjoy most rifts so I just keep slashing away.

aborath

Neo Member

Really getting sick of seeing samey builds. My witch doctor recently went back to Spirit Barrage/Haunt after seeing the deluge of WDs using sycophants/vampire bat builds. What's the point of flavor-of-the-month builds when there is no real endgame to rush to or to optimize for. I guess T6 is the "end game" but to what end? Farming gear to make your guy do 1% more DPS? Ubers? Do people even do them anymore? I guess my point is that I'd like to see more diverse builds being used. Blizzard went through the trouble to come up with and code tons of cool-looking abilities (unfortunately of varying effectiveness), and only a handful ever get used, it seems. Personally, I can't wait to put together a full Helltooth set and run around with my zombie wall build. Not 100% optimal? Oh noes! Mah DPS!

scy

Same. I like efficiency, but not at the sacrifice of fun. I enjoy most rifts so I just keep slashing away.

Pretty much. If everyone is down for it, I'll be fine with just doing it as efficiently as possible. Really just up to the group.

Also, part of it came from when I was low on shards and many people on runs just wouldn't open rifts.

Personally, I can't wait to put together a full Helltooth set and run around with my zombie wall build. Not 100% optimal? Oh noes! Mah DPS!

Personally, it's that these less efficient builds aren't even fun enough to warrant being worse.

scy

We can yell at me later but I've gotten like 3 Rings (all pretty bad, sadly) and zero Amulets.

Go figure, I guess.

traveler

Not Wario
The ammy is the most frequent leg I see out of the act 1 cache as well.

Would absolutely love to switch from fire at this point, but, yeah, there are reasons everyone gravitates towards it.

I've got my full endgame Phys. dmg, pet build for Crusader figured out and I'm pretty sure it'll be far more effective than my fire build. Too bad it requires specific drops in pretty much every slot with the right rolls. Will be super fun will I get to try it out a year from now.

Wallach

We can yell at me later but I've gotten like 3 Rings (all pretty bad, sadly) and zero Amulets.

Go figure, I guess.

That's exactly where I'm at. Ever since the first ring I only ever did A1 for a shot at the amulet too since my best is still a very high rolled rare.

scy

I like the Baleful Remnant I have but it's pretty much just a solo build since it only procs on my killing blows :( I have a feeling if Physical gets a little extra stuff then it can be a really monstrous build. I've already switched to Phalanx in my Lightning Build since Bowmen are hilarious.

That's exactly where I'm at. Ever since the first ring I only ever did A1 for a shot at the amulet too since my best is still a very high rolled rare.

I don't even really want it (anymore), just found it funny that I've actually never seen one after something like 500 Act 1 bags.

Daily update - Really can't shake my love for Witch Doctor so my new plan is to make three sets of armor for my WD.

One - Firebomb/Pets - This is my current set, it melts things beyond belief. Need a bunch of gear to get "perfect" but it's pretty much set already. Things like Burning Axe or Devastator, Fire SoJ, Mask of Jeram are the upgrade paths.

Two - Straight pets, need all physical gear and Tasker and Theo.

Three - Poison Build, lots of gear needed, going to focus on Locusts and probably toads or poison darts. Main need is Swamp Walkers and Quesisltialtiatlaiozoial.

This way, I can play my favourite character and STILL get upgrades consistently.

By the way, we should all link our profiles (if we want) so we can all be in awe of each other.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flawless-1502/hero/42046620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom