• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

You guys do realize why they have internal cooldowns right?

There used to be some procs that happened non stop (some still do sort of). When you have a character with that many procs going off at one time (not to mention when you have multiple characters) it sort of breaks the game... literally. You start having slow downs and insane visual clutter.

There were items that used to proc an insane amount of Health Globes (no internal cooldown) which cluttered the entire screen with hundreds of Globes. Then there was an item that dealt AOE damage whenever you walked over a Globe. Then of course the Reaper Wraps which allowed you spam abilities. You put all those items together and suddenly all you see on the screen is red/pink shit.

It's not fun.. it's shitty to play in when your game is stuttering because some other guy is proccing like crazy. Even now my computer sometimes chugs during intense moments (screen filled with Elites in some areas plus 3 other people and their pets/minions and procs).

wait what

3 second internal cooldown, just teleported to fields of misery (massive packs of enemies) on normal and let them hit me for a few mins to be sure
it always procced after 3 seconds

pox faulds also has one now but since the effect lasts for 10seconds it doesn't have as much downtime

the only one that doesn't seem to have one is andariels but i'm sure that's just a fun oversight that they'll stomp out in another patch

Azulsky

Got my Odyn Son (decent roll) and the other Shenlong fist!

Really need to swap my resists over to Lightning for OWE...

sadly i have lost a large chunk of my LpSS

Dahbomb

Also some really weird RNG thing happened to me today.

I got a Pender's Grasp plan today while just doing Bounties. I was like "cool.. all those dozens of crafting mats will finally have some use now". I was still in the middle of the run so I wasn't in a hurry to go back and have my Blacksmith learn it.

Then during the same run I had ANOTHER Pender's Grasp plan drop! This confused me but it made sense... since the Blacksmith hadn't learned the recipe yet the Pender's Grasp recipe was still in the pool of droppable recipes. It's just the chance was so low of it dropping back to back like that.

That was the saltiest Legendary plan to ever drop.

Kyoufu

Ring of Royal Grandeur... why do you not want to embrace me?

I have 3 IK pieces and would be able to do T3+ comfortably with the 4 set bonus but the ring doesn't want to drop. :(

Also some really weird RNG thing happened to me today.

I got a Pender's Grasp plan today while just doing Bounties. I was like "cool.. all those dozens of crafting mats will finally have some use now". I was still in the middle of the run so I wasn't in a hurry to go back and have my Blacksmith learn it.

Then during the same run I had ANOTHER Pender's Grasp plan drop! This confused me but it made sense... since the Blacksmith hadn't learned the recipe yet the Pender's Grasp recipe was still in the pool of droppable recipes. It's just the chance was so low of it dropping back to back like that.

That was the saltiest Legendary plan to ever drop.

Speaking of odd luck, I had another 2 Leoric Signets drop within the space of 15 minutes again.

Game pls stop giving me rings

Sigmaah

Lightning Barb is the fucking truth....

I just farmed a T2 rift by myself and it was fast and easy... Barely any trouble besides getting caught from frozen and walls but who doesn't have that issue. About to attempt a T3 run and see how it goes... God bless you Diablo 3. I also hope you burn to the ground too.

:D

Achtius

The game give me bracers more than anything .

Bracers in rift, bracers in caches. If i ever try getting brachers from kadala, i bet all of them will be legendary too.

Kyoufu

Lightning Barb is the fucking truth....

I just farmed a T2 rift by myself and it was fast and easy... Barely any trouble besides getting caught from frozen and walls but who doesn't have that issue. About to attempt a T3 run and see how it goes... God bless you Diablo 3. I also hope you burn to the ground too.

:D

wat

Anyway, Fire Barb is the way to go. Lightning is some low tier shit.

The game give me bracers more than anything .

Bracers in rift, bracers in caches. If i ever try getting brachers from kadala, i bet all of them will be legendary too.

Amulets for me, although 1h Axe and 2h Axe have been competing lately.

ElyrionX

You guys do realize why they have internal cooldowns right?

There used to be some procs that happened non stop (some still do sort of). When you have a character with that many procs going off at one time (not to mention when you have multiple characters) it sort of breaks the game... literally. You start having slow downs and insane visual clutter.

There were items that used to proc an insane amount of Health Globes (no internal cooldown) which cluttered the entire screen with hundreds of Globes. Then there was an item that dealt AOE damage whenever you walked over a Globe. Then of course the Reaper Wraps which allowed you spam abilities. You put all those items together and suddenly all you see on the screen is red/pink shit.

It's not fun.. it's shitty to play in when your game is stuttering because some other guy is proccing like crazy. Even now my computer sometimes chugs during intense moments (screen filled with Elites in some areas plus 3 other people and their pets/minions and procs).

I think this is one of the worst reasons to have an internal cooldown.

Also, an internal cooldown is fine if they actually explain it in-game instead of putting misleading shit like 35% chance to trigger an effect when it's going to always be limited by the cooldown. It's simple things like this that adds to the overall experience. It's very disappointing to see an item with a cool effect drop only to find out it doesn't work as described when in use.

Proc coefficients are kind of bullshit too. Factor that in with legendary effects and it's actually a chance of a chance of something happening. Life on Hit not actually reflecting the amount you have is stupid too.

There needs to be more transparency

Dahbomb

I think this is one of the worst reasons to have an internal cooldown.

Also, an internal cooldown is fine if they actually explain it in-game instead of putting misleading shit like 35% chance to trigger an effect when it's going to always be limited by the cooldown. It's simple things like this that adds to the overall experience. It's very disappointing to see an item with a cool effect drop only to find out it doesn't work as described when in use.
I guess an in item explanation is fair. They have that in the Vaxo amulet where it says that the proc has a 30 second cooldown (and the CD is even displayed above your skill bar).

At least some procs have more explanations. I think the most ambiguous proc is the Shenlong fireball. That's a roughly 500% weapon damage proc that procs fairly frequently and has piercing properties but is on an internal cooldown of 2-3 seconds.

Alkaizerx who farms T6 solo with lightning build would gladly disagree. and so do i ...it's awesome.
That uses the Shard of Hate proc though... which is getting nerfed.

Unless the hotfix already went live in which case it's impressive.

Ogawa-san

Ring of Royal Grandeur... why do you not want to embrace me?
I got an almost perfectly itemized one, but I'll never get a 2nd Marauder piece. Ever.

loKLhl0.jpg

So all it gets me right now is the 50% gold/MF from Cain's set. Wee.

Sigmaah

wat

Anyway, Fire Barb is the way to go. Lightning is some low tier shit.

Haha I have love/hate relationship with this game (who doesn't though?) I'll give fire barb a shot once I get some nice fire weaps.

And no set items drop for me! Only had 2 drop, boots for my DH and a source for my never gonna use wiz lmao.

ElyrionX

Found a decent Slorak last night but still no TF or SoH or WoW. Hell, at this point, I'd even take that wand that gives two Hydras. Been rocking an Azurewrath as my main weapon for the longest time now zzzz.

Lain

Today I got the Asheara plan to drop while playing on normal, which surprised me, since I was thinking plans for sets would only drop at higher difficulties.

mileS

Have you seen Alkaizerx's gear? lol he doesn't need a Shard of Hate. He will smash t5-t6 just fine without it.

Also lol @ people that think the Shard STILL won't be one of the top 3 weapons after the fix.

I got an almost perfectly itemized one, but I'll never get a 2nd Marauder piece. Ever.

loKLhl0.jpg

So all it gets me right now is the 50% gold/MF from Cain's set. Wee.

2 days ago, I got this...but can't be trifecta-ed. Last night, I converted most of my parts ot sets. Augchild's shoulder and helm for the elite damage, and Captain Crimson's leggings and boots for the 10% CDR. SOooooo good.

At the same time, what's with the crafting? I FINALLY got the Cosmic Strand plan and crafted it. Holy shit. I had to make like 5-6 Cosmic Strand before it even came with INT. What good is a source WITHOUT Int? GEeeezzz. Should've just locked in INT as a stat for source.

Anyway, great games with toastyToast as well. At the rate we're going, I think we can steamroll T2 as well.

Dahbomb

Have you seen Alkaizerx's gear? lol he doesn't need a Shard of Hate. He will smash t5-t6 just fine without it.

Also lol @ people that think the Shard STILL won't be one of the top 3 weapons after the fix.
No one said anything to the contrary.

Sigmaah

I can farm t4 solo with not much trouble... HOW AWESOME!!!

oh wait, too bad it's unrewarding as fuck so no point in doing that! gonna just stick with t3-t4 with groups and t1-t2 solo.

Has anyone ever had your mystic rolls reset? I was rolling for something and I ran out of mats. Left the game and loaded a new char to get some mats. Came back to my original char and I was reset. Weird

eek5

Has anyone ever had your mystic rolls reset? I was rolling for something and I ran out of mats. Left the game and loaded a new char to get some mats. Came back to my original char and I was reset. Weird

Tell me how you did this please. I'm up to 3.5mil per roll!! :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Won't be at all for barbs. My thunderfury procs around once every 5-7s when whirlwinding, the 13% affix on whirlwind is legit so goddamn awful. HOTA and your fury generators proc it on nearly every hit, so you get procs every 1-2s.

Maximus, Thunderfury + Odyn Son, and Devastator + Fiery waraxe will all be much much better. Lightning Barb is pretty much dead without SoH.

Speaking of SoH they still haven't pushed through the hotfix, probably sitting at the dev table trying to think of a way to ease the pain or just waiting for the complaining to die completely before pushing it. "Here's another hotfix guys, chest spawnrates buffed by 2%!"

Wickwire

LOL spent all night watching the hockey game and farming rifts with my mage and found garbage. Game ended and switched to my monk and within 5mins found this monk fist. This game will never make sense to me.

Reroll LPH for socket?

RajQUyL.png

Tell me how you did this please. I'm up to 3.5mil per roll!! :(

I had to do a double-take because it definitely was the same item. All I did was leave the game, switch to my alt char and get some mats, switch to my original char and start a new game. It even reset my mats. Maybe it somehow rolled back?

Dahbomb

I had to do a double-take because it definitely was the same item. All I did was leave the game, switch to my alt char and get some mats, switch to my original char and start a new game. It even reset my mats. Maybe it somehow rolled back?
Oh man if this was exploitable...

I don't have the currency to attempt this at the moment.

The Cowboy

Does anyone know what the proc is like on this?, I'm trying to decide if its worth enchanting out the +Vit for a socket.
Also, I have a melee Wizard and am using this shield.
I took out something i didn't need and ended up with +Int, I'm wondering it its worth trying to get +CHC instead. I currently have 45% Crit chance, would having the +Int be better than an extra 5/10% Crit chance if i already have 45%?.

dengatron

@ cowboy. proc is bugged on that axe right now. the same way shard of hate procced on every swing, that axe loses it's proc on every swing. it happens then dissapears immediately.

The Cowboy

Hmm, seeing as the cutter is bugged at the moment and its just a freeze (thanks for letting me know), i recon I'll just store it for now and decide later if it gets fixed.

Switched to Fire and Arcane Orbs yesterday, put on the Magefist and Cindercoat, no fucks given.

Glorious damage, and it tears up Elites. I still want either a SoH or Thunderfury, and a Vaxo. I've only gotten a few set items, so I'm easing up until I have at least 2 pieces.

cdyhybrid

ZQDUBEi.jpg

Not bad once I reroll to Lightning damage, I suppose.

Flawless Imperial Amethyst AND a Forgotten Soul each time though :( Don't even have any Souls right now...

The Cowboy

It was all trash but crazy to get 4 legs in that jail cell square map. The best map in the game.

It really is, such a great map for getting things as it always seems to have good mobs and lots of elites. its kinda gutting though when you enter the one that looks exactly the same, and its a the tiny version of it :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom