• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

ZQDUBEi.jpg

Not bad once I reroll to Lightning damage, I suppose.

Flawless Imperial Amethyst AND a Forgotten Soul each time though :( Don't even have any Souls right now...

Damn you got crit. I had to decide. It already had damage so I went resists.

cdyhybrid

Damn you got crit. I had to decide. It already had damage so I went resists.

Got my lightning damage on my second roll! 17%, so not the best roll, but still a clear upgrade over the rare I was using before.

I also just got the all-skills Templar Relic and a fist weapon that I promptly salvaged for the Soul to use on my SoJ.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
TF + Odyn Son WW Barb is pretty legit and viable for even high level Torments.

Calling Lightning WW dead now is premature.

Not really. Your'e better off running tfury + odyn son in a fire build. Whirlwind legit procs this shit once every 5s.

ElyrionX

Thinking about it, I am getting a bit tired of the itemization in this game. On the whole, items are too homogenized across rares, sets and legs. Four primary affixes and two secondary affixes on 95% of legs makes it boring. What makes it even more boring is the standard ranges for the rolls on these items. Like, is it really too much of a stretch to give an item a higher primary stat roll range and a lower vit roll range to differentiate from other similar items?

And on the things that need to be more homogenized, they go and introduce RNG into it. Things like proc rates on cool secondary item affixes don't need ranges of 20-25%. Just make it a flat 25% across. The worst example of this is the fucking Mirrorball. It rolls 1-2 extra magic missile and the difference is fucking huge. I mean, it's not like these things are raining from the fucking sky that makes it easy to find a 2MM Mirrorball when your first one rolled a 1. It's a goddamn miracle that I managed to get three Mirrorballs from Kadala but it's not fucking funny when all three rolled 1 extra MM. It's not as if the fucking item doesn't have a fuckton of other affixes that need to be sent to RNGesus for inspection and approval as it is already.

I just really needed to get this off my chest. That fucking Mirrorball is pissing me off everytime I think about it goddamnit.

spootime

Thinking about it, I am getting a bit tired of the itemization in this game. On the whole, items are too homogenized across rares, sets and legs. Four primary affixes and two secondary affixes on 95% of legs makes it boring. What makes it even more boring is the standard ranges for the rolls on these items. Like, is it really too much of a stretch to give an item a higher primary stat roll range and a lower vit roll range to differentiate from other similar items?

And on the things that need to be more homogenized, they go and introduce RNG into it. Things like proc rates on cool secondary item affixes don't need ranges of 20-25%. Just make it a flat 25% across. The worst example of this is the fucking Mirrorball. It rolls 1-2 extra magic missile and the difference is fucking huge. I mean, it's not like these things are raining from the fucking sky that makes it easy to find a 2MM Mirrorball when your first one rolled a 1. It's a goddamn miracle that I managed to get three Mirrorballs from Kadala but it's not fucking funny when all three rolled 1 extra MM. It's not as if the fucking item doesn't have a fuckton of other affixes that need to be sent to RNGesus for inspection and approval as it is already.

I just really needed to get this off my chest. That fucking Mirrorball is pissing me off everytime I think about it goddamnit.

I know your pain. I own a povertyball as well

lexi

Banned

My 2nd mirrorball thankfully rolled 2 extra MM's. The other stats it rolled were complete dogshit but that 2 MM is all it's about. I think I would have straight-up quit the game if I had to go through three '1 additional MM' mirrorballs.

Totakeke

So you want things to be more random while you complain about things being random all the time? :/

ElyrionX

Not from what I can observe. There are a few who definitely qualify, though.

You're getting angry at a random reward system for having random rewards.

Fair point.

I know your pain. I own a povertyball as well

Povertyball? I like it.

My 2nd mirrorball thankfully rolled 2 extra MM's. The other stats it rolled were complete dogshit but that 2 MM is all it's about. I think I would have straight-up quit the game if I had to go through three '1 additional MM' mirrorballs.

That's a good suggestion though it's probably not going to happen.

ElyrionX

So you want things to be more random while you complain about things being random all the time? :/

Didn't you read my whole post? I am saying that different items should have different attributes (different stat roll ranges for one) to make them more unique. But when it comes to the key defining attribute of the item itself (Mirrorball extra missiles, proc rates on unique affixes), there should not be any RNG at all.

Totakeke

Didn't you read my whole post? I am saying that different items should have different attributes (different stat roll ranges for one) to make them more unique. But when it comes to the key defining attribute of the item itself (Mirrorball extra missiles, proc rates on unique affixes), there should not be any RNG at all.

Imagination: I'll be getting items with more dex than everyone else's!
Reality: Why do all my items give me more useless vit while less of the primary stat. Game sucks.

cdyhybrid

What follower do you guys use? I'm a lightning Monk, currently bouncing back and forth between Enchantress and Templar since I have the all-skills relics for both of them.

Edit: Question - if I find a legendary on one character but identify it on another, am I more likely to get something useful to the character I identify it on? Or does it only matter who it dropped for?

The Cowboy

God dam i just can't get +fire damage on my reapers wraps, i got pretty great rolls on all stats (close to max on each of them), the only thing i want to change is the +damage type, i keep everything apart from +fire.

What follower do you guys use? I'm a lightning Monk, currently bouncing back and forth between Enchantress and Templar since I have the all-skills relics for both of them.

Edit: Question - if I find a legendary on one character but identify it on another, am I more likely to get something useful to the character I identify it on? Or does it only matter who it dropped for?

Legendaries are pre-determined as they drop so IDing it on another character does nothing.
Caches on the other hand seem to drop loot to the class that opens them.

Also I think templars are best for solo on higher torment. On t1/t2 I go with enchantress with maximus.

Firemind

Oh wow I actually got a Countess Julia's Cameo on HC. I thought the day would never come!

It's funny because I almost died in a T1 rift by Arcane Wallers in those small jail corridors with no escape skill and said: "Fuck it! Back to normal!" The very next run I get an arcane immunity ammy. :D

Crappy rolls but who cares!

Has anyone else noticed a significant decline in players the past few days? No one from my clan/friends list has really logged on for a few days now. These are the same people who were on everyday for atleast a few hours for the first few weeks of RoS.

Of course it's a small sample size, but it seems a lot of casuals are already moving on.

lexi

Banned
Has anyone else noticed a significant decline in players the past few days? No one from my clan/friends list has really logged on for a few days now. These are the same people who were on everyday for atleast a few hours for the first few weeks of RoS.

Of course it's a small sample size, but it seems a lot of casuals are already moving on.

Yeah I've seen a significant drop. Comes with the territory.

I know I burned out for awhile, although I've just started playing again. Such is the nature of expansions.

Up to 73% Holy Damage on my crusader now, had to lose some crit/crit damage to get that high but I think its worth it. Will do some playin around tomorrow to see if I made the right choice. Down to 42crit/404 crit damage with 25% damage to elites.

Holy Shotgun build is coming along quite nicely now, 3 shotting most champion packs on Torment 3 if they stay together.

Card Boy

Banned

I went back to Titanfall, RoS was good for a week.

desverger

Up to 73% Holy Damage on my crusader now, had to lose some crit/crit damage to get that high but I think its worth it. Will do some playin around tomorrow to see if I made the right choice. Down to 42crit/404 crit damage with 25% damage to elites.

Holy Shotgun build is coming along quite nicely now, 3 shotting most champion packs on Torment 3 if they stay together.

Holy shotgun is fires of heaven? :p

Sigmaah

D3 blessed me with another Thunderfury which went to my Crusader. Thanks D3!

Where the fuck my Cindercoat and Ice Climbers at? I'd also love to get a royal ring instead of THE SAME SHOULDERS AND BRACERS I KEEP GETTING THRU CACHES.

Fuck you D3!

Teknoman

Anyone use the D3 Steel series mouse? They're like 20 bucks refurbished at Newegg right now. Ordered one to replace my old MS mouse (which i've needed to refresh for awhile) since i've read good things about steel series in another thread recommending mice, and the price was right.

If I want a Tal rasha chest piece for my crusader, do I have to farm it with a wizard? It won't drop if I'm playing a strength character right?

cdyhybrid

Had a mace drop for my Monk, thought it might have been Odyn Son...turns out it was this:

At least I just got my Crusader to 70. Is this worth using over a 2Her (with the passive that lets you wield them in one hand)? I assume it is.

Realyn

Allright I have to get this off my chest. When my female wizzard says her line I always hear "I'm so good I doubt myself". Everytime I rage at her because this makes no fucking sense. Then I remember that this isn't really what she's saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom