• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desverger

You bet. Fate of the Fell is such a fantastic weapon.

Oh sweet, didn't realize it worked with that rune too. Excellent!

Moving from a fire-based build to a holy build has made the crusader a lot more fun to play for me personally, mainly due to the fact that fire has very lackluster wrath spenders.

Fist of the Heavens w/ Divine well is already great, but I can already imagine how getting a good legendary like FoF would make the holy build even more fun to play :p

ElyrionX

Has anyone else noticed a significant decline in players the past few days? No one from my clan/friends list has really logged on for a few days now. These are the same people who were on everyday for atleast a few hours for the first few weeks of RoS.

Of course it's a small sample size, but it seems a lot of casuals are already moving on.

Yeah I've seen a significant drop. Comes with the territory.

All those people who went, "RoS is awesome. I found more legendaries in two hours than I did in three weeks of playing vanilla."

Yeah, their stats have probably plateaued and they got bored.

tci

All those people who went, "RoS is awesome. I found more legendaries in two hours than I did in three weeks of playing vanilla."

It's Easter in Europe at least. So many are on holiday.

joesmokey

Found another legendary ring to add to the collection, haha.
36S3Ddf.png

I have a question for melee classes. Wouldn't that ring in combination with these pieces be very good?

You get 58% chance to block on 3 pieces of gear, plus 54% of that blocked damage mitigated.

What class would this be beneficial towards? Thinking about maybe trying one out unless this gear isn't as great as I am thinking it is.

ElyrionX

I have a question for melee classes. Wouldn't that ring in combination with these pieces be very good?

You get 58% chance to block on 3 pieces of gear, plus 54% of that blocked damage mitigated.

What class would this be beneficial towards? Thinking about maybe trying one out unless this gear isn't as great as I am thinking it is.

Defensive gear is not valued now since difficulty is scalable and efficient T1 farming is not hard to gear for. It's really all about maximising farming/killing speed and you're not going to get that with those items.

I have fond memories of that helm though. I bought one for cheap off the AH back in vanilla and it helped immensely with my survivability on my Wiz back when Inferno was not yet nerfed.

Realyn

Defensive gear is not valued now since difficulty is scalable and efficient T1 farming is not hard to gear for. It's really all about maximising farming/killing speed and you're not going to get that with those items.

I have fond memories of that helm though. I bought one for cheap off the AH back in vanilla and it helped immensely with my survivability on my Wiz back when Inferno was not yet nerfed.
Not looking to sound like a dick, but how were you able to buy a HoC of the AH with Inferno not being nerfed yet?

Personally thinking of a "Inferno nerf" would be the two instances after release. No way Helm of Commands were on the AH at that time.

Block chance is important for damage if you're doing a shield bash crusader. Piro Marella is probably a must have tho.

joesmokey

It's really all about maximising farming/killing speed and you're not going to get that with those items.
Hmm, that's disappointing then that most other classes play with a similar mindset. It makes sense that the goal is maximizing speed since this is Diablo after all, however still a little disappointing.

Kysen

Hit a lucky streak yesterday, 2 mirror balls, some insane neck, a main hand weapon and a belt all legendary. The difference one item makes to your characters overall dps/playstyle is crazy.

ElyrionX

Not looking to sound like a dick, but how were you able to buy a HoC of the AH with Inferno not being nerfed yet?

Personally thinking of a "Inferno nerf" would be the two instances after release. No way Helm of Commands were on the AH at that time.

And why not? Could be after the first nerf though.

Dark_castle

GAF, need your help.

Acc.jpg

Currently using a MLW, but I'm tempted to switch to Eye of Etlich after I reroll the LoH to Crit.chance or damage. The downside is I will lose out on MLW's proc which is very helpful for melee damage and one of the critical stat, and my critical chance is already quite low at 38% with MLW. However, I'm also running fire build and Eye of Etlich's ranged damage and control impair duration reduction seems goood.

Which one should I go with? D:

Terra

I have been playing hard for about two months now, with my friends. We are all beginning to feel bored with it.
I guess it's time to leave D3 for now.

It was a great expansion after all and a good ride. Gave me two months of reviving Diablo 3.

Should have been twice the size with twice the amount of legendary items.
I will be back if another expansion comes around. Not interested in ladders and stuff.

jchap

Allright I have to get this off my chest. When my female wizzard says her line I always hear "I'm so good I doubt myself". Everytime I rage at her because this makes no fucking sense. Then I remember that this isn't really what she's saying.

I'm so good, I astound myself

I've never heard anything else.

Yeah, there's been a big drop-off on my friend's list too. Helped a bunch of people with powerleveling and the majority of them have stopped logging in.

Truthfully, I don't care. I play games for me and I'm still having an absolutely amazing time. I also think ladders will increase the playerbase again each time they happen but I'm not convinced I want to do them yet. I loathe the idea of hiding items behind ladder seasons too.

TheYanger

You can get it but the odds are probably so astronomically low that it's virtually impossible.

I had 2 pieces of crusader tier from my barb before I had 1 of my barb's tier :p I'm not saying it's a good idea to try adn farm it on the crusader but yeah, it's not like it's super likely on anyone if you want that specific piece.

ptWGn74.jpg

It really doesn't fit my lightning sentry DH build, but it was neat gaining so much Hatred against Immolation. I'm going back to my crit ring.

4 hour session tonight with a friend, mix of Rifts and Bounties. I get 2 legs, both the same ring, both crap rolls. He gets 9 legs on his far more gearead toon then mine and 4 of them are upgrades.

Why!

GorillaJu

Had a mace drop for my Monk, thought it might have been Odyn Son...turns out it was this:

At least I just got my Crusader to 70. Is this worth using over a 2Her (with the passive that lets you wield them in one hand)? I assume it is.

It's worth it if you want to. 2h is definitely higher dmg output. I've found that the game is just more fun going 1h with Gyrfalcon's Foote though.

DSmalls84

The Loot Fatigue is starting to kick in for me at this point. It's frustrating to find 10 legs a day and have none of them be side-grades or viable for different build types. RNG and all that, but at some point I would like another piece of my Akkhan set lol.

DSmalls84

Pretty much only worth trying on a Crusader. They have passives that add to block % and also heal on block. With that gear you could hit close to 70% block though. I haven't seen a Barb with a shield since shortly after launch. Keep in mind this build would probably tank well, but kill pretty slowly.

The Loot Fatigue is starting to kick in for me at this point. It's frustrating to find 10 legs a day and have none of them be side-grades or viable for different build types. RNG and all that, but at some point I would like another piece of my Akkhan set lol.

Try another class!

This has been fun for me. I was a little burned out on my monk, so I leveled a DH and Wiz and it's helped a lot.

Zaptruder

Banned

Going from 1mil sheet DPS and 6mil toughness to 600k sheet DPS with 26mil toughness... I think my farming speed in T1/T2 has definetly increased.

I can just stand in shit all day long and lay down a torrent of arcane mines. Boss packs are laughable now.

Celegus

RNG gods seem to favor my wizard as they have completely shunned my barbarian. So - fire wizard it is! Most of my gear is still garbage as I just hit 70, but I managed to find an amulet that does 20% fire damage, and then gambled my first orange - a cindercoat! Meteors everywhere! I do miss my disintegrate, but I'm trying all the fire skills to see what I like. Are there any must-haves for a fire wiz?

Grampasso

Haha I have love/hate relationship with this game (who doesn't though?) I'll give fire barb a shot once I get some nice fire weaps.

And no set items drop for me! Only had 2 drop, boots for my DH and a source for my never gonna use wiz lmao.
Was thinking the same up to 2 days ago, then I go into a T1 rift with 3 other gaffers and drop Natalya's Cloak, Marauder pants and Shadow feet. I got like 8-9 legs in 3 hours. Then yesterday nothing at all XD. You have to deal with that.

bcl0328

Yes, finally got a Mask of Jeram. Allthough not the best roll, I am curious how much better my pets will be. Thank you Kadala.

Unsure what I should re-roll to CC. All res, armor or socket?

was going to say all res since int classes hardly need more, but i think armor should be rolled off.

in other news. shard of hate hotfixed. it's not that great anymore. i mean it's still about a 100% dps increase over similar dmg items, just not 700% anymore.

DSmalls84

Try another class!

This has been fun for me. I was a little burned out on my monk, so I leveled a DH and Wiz and it's helped a lot.

Might jump on my Barb or Witch Doctor and try gearing them for a while. Barb is probably easier since I have some Excess Str gear already though. Since I got my first set piece and Ring of Grandeur I have felt compelled to find more pieces lol.

Skunkers

RNG gods seem to favor my wizard as they have completely shunned my barbarian. So - fire wizard it is! Most of my gear is still garbage as I just hit 70, but I managed to find an amulet that does 20% fire damage, and then gambled my first orange - a cindercoat! Meteors everywhere! I do miss my disintegrate, but I'm trying all the fire skills to see what I like. Are there any must-haves for a fire wiz?

The front page on diablofans has a really great Meteor build video right now. In shows off some quick gameplay and then quickly goes in depth into the actual skill build and gear. You're obviously nowhere near as geared but it sounds like you have the right building blocks. Video here: http://youtu.be/YOuFBbJUmZs

Fire seems like the go-to element for every class. Cindercoat and magefists seem way too strong. First, you have armor with fire dmg AND greatly reduces the cost of fire spells. Also, I'm pretty sure no other item has elemental dmg on top of 4 primary stats. I wonder why they favor fire so much.

Fire seems like the go-to element for every class. Cindercoat and magefists seem way too strong. First, you have armor with fire dmg AND greatly reduces the cost of fire spells. Also, I'm pretty sure no other item has elemental dmg on top of 4 primary stats. I wonder why they favor fire so much.

They just need to make Magefists roll any element, but then the problem becomes that Magefist is the go to gloves for the vast majority of builds.

I guess just more elemental buffs of all kinds on all armors is a start. Then spread out the elements a bit more on all classes.

Kyoufu

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally a real fucking weapon. Perfect for my lightning build too. Crap roll but still a major upgrade.

0hxrzpJ.jpg

Celegus

The front page on diablofans has a really great Meteor build video right now. In shows off some quick gameplay and then quickly goes in depth into the actual skill build and gear. You're obviously nowhere near as geared but it sounds like you have the right building blocks. Video here: http://youtu.be/YOuFBbJUmZs

Thanks, I'll check that out! Half my gear isn't even level 70 stuff yet, but I'm doing close to 200k damage plus the 40% extra fire damage. She may have surpassed my barb that I've put dozens of hours into already, which is bananas.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally a real fucking weapon. Perfect for my lightning build too. Crap roll but still a major upgrade.

What class is this for? I found one (though without a socket) the other day. I'll probably just hang onto it until I find more lightning damage stuff.

ferr

Managed to get a 2nd and 3rd marauder set piece as well as the grandeur ring last night, i so lucky. I tested out the 4pc bonus and it is soooo cool.

It's awful that I can't use any of my marauder stuff right now because I'd lose so much from fire dmg loss, so I'll have to wait until I get some other pieces that don't mess up my fire.

Also- this might be bad ass enough with the 4pc bonus to replace magefist http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tasker-and-theo ... is there anything else that goes well with DH pets? Aside from +companion damage I guess. edit: oh shit, I just noticed all companions deal damage as physical.. would my gear's +physical dmg improve their damage??!

Boogdud

Block chance is important for damage if you're doing a shield bash crusader. Piro Marella is probably a must have tho.

For Blessed Shield damage as well (also crusader).

Speaking of which, I got the shield that allows 4-6 (I rolled 5) extra bounces for blessed shield. I then got a (admittedly fairly crappy) Mortal drama. Unfortunately it has lightning damage rather than fire and no socket. The crusader class (and probably others) have a real issue with builds being completely gear limited.

So now I don't know whether to use the mortal and go lightning and still try to use bombardment (I have some other lighting gear since I was using fist/fissure)? Or use a blessed shield build. bleh. The mortal drama is a big dps loss (on sheet anyway) vs my currently equipped crappy weapon. So I just don't know. I've had bad luck with gear and rolls on everything (and I'm pretty much out of souls so I have to start building up I guess).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Boogdud-1883/hero/45061429

I've no desire to even log on with my wizard. What's more fun these days? DH or monk?

Also, never ever ever read the official forums. It's full of angsty children.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I just use the fire version of Black Hole to gather big groups together and then throw a bunch of Meteor showers on them.

My primary spell isn't even a fire spell, Electrocute(using Arc Lightning rune personally) is just too good to regenerate Arcane Power with the Prodigy passive, and is still powerful enough. :p The more Arcane Power, the more Meteors i can throw.

TTOOLL

I was doing totally fine in T1 until I started RoS. I'm getting my ass kicked so hard...I can survive now that I changed my build a little bit, but my DPS is still too low. I gave up trying to kill Urzael in T1 and even on Expert, it was taking forever. ¬¬
Is it normal?
Now I'm just thinking about finishing the story fast and start Adventure mode. My gear will just not scale properly with the difficulty, right?

Dahbomb

I've no desire to even log on with my wizard. What's more fun these days? DH or monk?
I am a Monk main with an alt DH (mostly for Act 1 Bounty runs). Both are pretty fun. DH has more burst damage so if you are looking to clear early Torments quickly then DH is a good pick. Monk does more sustain damage but in groups he is really powerful as he has one of the best skills in the game.

DH is really weak though in terms of toughness and Monk requires speccing for OWE to be somewhat tankable. This is a result of the main stat giving dodge which is garbage.

As far as fun goes it depends on if you like to play in meler or play at range. Both are fun in their way. It's fun grouping mobs together with Cyclone Strike, tagging them with Exploding Palm and kick them until they blow up. It's also fun Vaulting around at top speed and one shotting mobs with Cluster Arrow as a DH and turning on Vengeance to become a walking turret.

I prefer Monk overall due to better survivability and his skillset is more fun. DH seems a bit binary again with everyone either using pets or Cluster Arrow build (hell even the pet DHs use Cluster Arrow)

Dash27

I was doing totally fine in T1 until I started RoS. I'm getting my ass kicked so hard...I can survive now that I changed my build a little bit, but my DPS is still too low. I gave up trying to kill Urzael in T1 and even on Expert, it was taking forever. ¬¬
Is it normal?
Now I'm just thinking about finishing the story fast and start Adventure mode. My gear will just not scale properly with the difficulty, right?

Link your profile. Speaking for Wizard only, you should be able to gear yourself out in all rares to be effective in T1. Just need to use the enchanter to optimize some stats. Other classes seem to be the same though.

Insaniac

Is it normal?

back in vanilla at level 60 most of the gear you had probably was highly better than anything you'd find in loot 2.0 with a few minor upgrades. Once you hit 70, that 60 gear becomes obsolete and you need to find real level 70 gear, and then your toon is now geared equivalent to the adjust torment difficulty

(Same thing happened to me, was wrecking T3 back in vanilla, then when RoS came out, had to lower to Master (or expert whatever is the highest below torment)

This is how I feel too. Both my monk and dh are fire spec with cindercoat & magefists. Not sure about other classes really. I hear lightning ww barb is best tho but I'm not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom