• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

All those people who went, "RoS is awesome. I found more legendaries in two hours than I did in three weeks of playing vanilla."

Yeah, their stats have probably plateaued and they got bored.

I have been playing hard for about two months now, with my friends. We are all beginning to feel bored with it.
I guess it's time to leave D3 for now.

It was a great expansion after all and a good ride. Gave me two months of reviving Diablo 3.

Should have been twice the size with twice the amount of legendary items.
I will be back if another expansion comes around. Not interested in ladders and stuff.

The Loot Fatigue is starting to kick in for me at this point. It's frustrating to find 10 legs a day and have none of them be side-grades or viable for different build types. RNG and all that, but at some point I would like another piece of my Akkhan set lol.

This happens to every MMO, and ARPG now, I suppose. But I'm not sure I agree with the "great expansion" part. Act V was pretty short, and didn't feel interesting. Everything was kind of tacked on, not really having anything to do with the events of Diablo 3. Loot 2.0 and Adventure Mode was the bigger change, and that part shouldn't have necessitated an expansion to kick-start.

That said, I think Loot 2.0 is a major contributor to the fatigue.

The improved legendaries and their drop rates are helpful initially by giving you more useful drops early, but the end-game part of finding specific items with specific affixes is harder now without the ability to trade. So the early-to-mid difficulties/character gearing are much easier, but the later difficulties/gearing are much harder to accomplish.

Smart loot also makes nearly any item roll with a character's primary stat, except rarely, which gives less incentive for leveling alts that might be driven by a stash of gear for the wrong class, or to be used as trade fodder.

Shifty76

RNGesus must have been feeling pity for my lightning monk last night.
Within a 30 min span I had the following pieces drop for me:

1. Odyn Son with perfect 20% lightning dmg, 9% dmg, dex. Rolled the dmg% to socket first try.
2. Strongarm Bracers with 17% lightning dmg, 6% cc, dex and vit, as well as lightning resist (which is my OWE resist) Working on rolling it to a perfect 20% lightning dmg.
3. Wyrdward(sp?) ring which gives a stun chance each time an enemy is hit with lightning dmg. Rolled vit to 6% cc on my first attempt. Actually, this was a Kadala gamble, not a drop
4. Hellcat Waistguard, which was a 5% edps boost over my old TGods Vigor, even with losing the lightning dmg and WotHF dmg.
5. That helm with the massive reduced cooldown on BoH. Don't use it as I use a Gyana, but still handy to have.

All told I'm now up to just under 1.1m dps, 11m toughness (10k armour, 1400 resist - with very few para pts in resist) along with +37% lightning dmg and +15% to LTK.

T3 is now a breeze so am thinking it's time to jump to T4.

Profile if anyone is interested.

Still testing skills between Sweeping Wind, Fire ally, cyclone strike, exploding palm and combo strike and unity passives...haven't settled on a favourite yet.

TTOOLL

Link your profile. Speaking for Wizard only, you should be able to gear yourself out in all rares to be effective in T1. Just need to use the enchanter to optimize some stats. Other classes seem to be the same though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/profile/sammfaria-1552/hero/42050715

this is an offensive build. In order to survive in T1 I need to use Mantra of Healing and Lashing Tail Kick instead of SSS. I really need some upgrade lol.

Kyoufu

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KLZIrvr.jpg

Dahbomb

Wtf? How?!
Seems like he's in an area where it spawns a bunch of little creatures indefinitely. He is camping at a choke point where the choke point is blocked by WD pets. The Wizard sits behind the wall and I am guessing he has his Arcane Torrent button held down by something. He has the indestructible shoulder so that he can do this all day without going back to base.

This will be hotfixed with impunity and people on forums will cry about nerfing the fun out of D3.

Wtf? How?!

I'm guessing you're asking about his loot, and the answer to that is... he just plays a lot.

The AFK farming involves triggering the hive event, then standing at a safe position and having your keyboard set to automatically spam skills to easily kill enemies. Nice way to get EXP in your sleep.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/prodystopian-1605/hero/46539179

Hit 70 on my wizard this morning. Killed Ghom on T1 this morning and cleared the level before him without dying, but it's slow going. Got the source, boots, pants, and bracers from Kadala (had 500 shards built up). I have a 2.2k DPS weapon, but it's a leg so getting the socket on it is going to cost. It doesn't have great stats so I'm debating if it is worth it. If only my wand were 70...

I need to farm up some better weapons. I'm hoping for a Shard, Thunderfury, Maximus, or Odyn Son. any advice on the best way to farm for these? Should I be farming on Torment or Normal? Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Danexmurder-1488/hero/40649505

How quickly do things die on T1? How often do you die?

I've no desire to even log on with my wizard. What's more fun these days? DH or monk?

Also, never ever ever read the official forums. It's full of angsty children.

Do you prefer being in the thick of things smashing facing in, or prefer blasting shit to bits from a safe distance and almost never getting touched?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Seems like he's in an area where it spawns a bunch of little creatures indefinitely. He is camping at a choke point where the choke point is blocked by WD pets. The Wizard sits behind the wall and I am guessing he has his Arcane Torrent button held down by something. He has the indestructible shoulder so that he can do this all day without going back to base.

This will be hotfixed with impunity and people on forums will cry about nerfing the fun out of D3.

Lmfao the funny thing is I doubt he's the first person to think of this, I had a similar idea with the four hive quest in the fields of misery but I didn't think to find a choke point nor could I find a way to reliably have mobs run up to me and have them die while I'm AFK.

Turns out all you need is an auto clicker and storm armor. You can't really hotfix something like this without fundamentally changing the way the hives work. You could cap hives at only pooping out 50 enemies I guess, but then hives would lose a lot of their threat at higher difficulties or on hardcore while leveling.

Miletius

No WD on the stream now. He's just using a small gap in the battlefields of Eternity so that the pathing doesn't make the mobs come to him. He can just sit there doing nothing. It's tempting to just do this while i'm at work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/prodystopian-1605/hero/46539179

Hit 70 on my wizard this morning. Killed Ghom on T1 this morning and cleared the level before him without dying, but it's slow going. Got the source, boots, pants, and bracers from Kadala (had 500 shards built up). I have a 2.2k DPS weapon, but it's a leg so getting the socket on it is going to cost. It doesn't have great stats so I'm debating if it is worth it. If only my wand were 70...

How quickly do things die on T1? How often do you die?

I'm pretty viable on T1. Most things go down quickly and I rarely die.

bigb0ss

Banned
Trying to build a WW Barbarian, I plan to make a set for fire and a set for thunder. I'm going for thunder now and hoping for Thunderfury and SoH eventually.

This is a new 70 and 2 weapons dropped for me yesterday. What should I reroll to get the sockets on the weapons? What should I reroll on the the rest of the gear? This was crappy gear the crusader wasn't using btw.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBoss-1282/hero/3827031

Thanks!

DeaviL

Banned
I've recently started with ROS...
i've noticed that i can't seem to find anything better then what i currently have, only marginal improvements. My damage in T1 is terrible though.
Do i keep farming or what? I've noticed that T1 says that it has items other difficulties don't have, but i don't want to drag others down by joining a T1 game and dying every sec just to get a better item.

(I don't even think my items are all that good)

Trying to build a WW Barbarian, I plan to make a set for fire and a set for thunder. I'm going for thunder now and hoping for Thunderfury and SoH eventually.

This is a new 70 and 2 weapons dropped for me yesterday. What should I reroll to get the sockets on the weapons? What should I reroll on the the rest of the gear? This was crappy gear the crusader wasn't using btw.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBoss-1282/hero/3827031

Thanks!

Definitely reroll life to hit on both weapons.

garath

I've recently started with ROS...
i've noticed that i can't seem to find anything better then what i currently have, only marginal improvements. My damage in T1 is terrible though.
Do i keep farming or what? I've noticed that T1 says that it has items other difficulties don't have, but i don't want to drag others down by joining a T1 game and dying every sec just to get a better item.

(I don't even think my items are all that good)

There is nothing wrong with farming on normal to gear up if you need. You will get plenty of upgrades that way. Yes there are some pieces that only drop on T1 or better but that's minimal.

I just ran my newly level 70 crusader through story mode on normal for the first time and ended up with quite a few upgrades given the minimal time invested.

J-Rzez

Has anyone else noticed a significant decline in players the past few days? No one from my clan/friends list has really logged on for a few days now. These are the same people who were on everyday for atleast a few hours for the first few weeks of RoS.

Of course it's a small sample size, but it seems a lot of casuals are already moving on.

Same thing happening in my clan. Mostly they've said they're getting less legendaries anymore, and when they get them they're not upgrades. Which yeah, you're going to stop getting gear capped, but they're right about the lack of lights/chimes anymore these days. It's sad to say, but I'm missing chest runs myself, as I turned it into a game of "diablo-frogger" to keep it from becoming boring lol.

ManCannon

Quick Q for Demon Hunters - I've got the mats and am strongly tempted to craft one of the 1h Xbows for my DH - Hallowed Condemnation or Blitzbolter. Is either one worth it?

Currently using a Danetta's Revenge + Archfiend Arrows quiver but want to try out full dual wielding if I can get another good weapon.

As long as +damage% doesn't work on elemental weapon I wouldn't craft any of the bows/xbows.

I did craft one of the Witch Doctor ceremonial knives which comes with Black Damage and was able to get the first one with socket, int and a nice high damage roll. So all I had left to do was enchanting for +damage% and I got it to over 2390dps.

However, the crafting cost for every weapon that doesn't come with black damage currently doesn't really seem worth it to me (unless said weapon got other special stuff of course).

DeaviL

Banned
There is nothing wrong with farming on normal to gear up if you need. You will get plenty of upgrades that way. Yes there are some pieces that only drop on T1 or better but that's minimal.

I just ran my newly level 70 crusader through story mode on normal for the first time and ended up with quite a few upgrades given the minimal time invested.

Farming t'is

scy

I got a 2400 DPS Azurewrath yesterday, no main stat...

Honestly, main stat gets overvalued a bit. Unless this is trying to replace a 2250-2400+ DPS 1Her, the non main stat one should still be comparable. It's not like lacking a few hundred here is costing you a ton of potential sheet damage here. It's maybe ~10%.

Unfortunately it has lightning damage rather than fire and no socket.

+Skill Damage% doesn't do anything to weapon element type.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Has Blizz acknowledged this issue?

They have but for some reason they didn't fix it.

Edit: I kind of hate blizzards "hotfix it" attitude, it was one of their philosophies that consistently tarnishes an experience it was also a huge issue back in 2010 during WoW Cataclysms release where they kept hot fixing Al'akir to the point that every day / week we went in to fight him it was a different boss.

Hotfixes feels disruptive to the game because instead of having a series of fixes in a single patch you just have a one off fix most of the time that doesn't feel comprehensive. Hotfixes are fine as long as they're for emergencies or have a general theme, the Shard of Hate hotfix should have come in with a fix to broken legendaries and to the % weapon damage on weapons not working with elemental damage types.

I think that hotfixes work best when something negatively game breaking is going on, like for example (making these up) potions taking away 60% HP instead of recovering it or bosses suddenly one shotting you if you've got a shrine buff up.

I won the lottery at level 47 and having been at level 70 for a while, I'm beginning to think I'm never going to be able to replace my amulet:

GWDm0Kb.png

eek5

What class is this for? I found one (though without a socket) the other day. I'll probably just hang onto it until I find more lightning damage stuff.

On monk I switched out my 2400 dps sword for the odyn son and my edps went up about 4-5mil edps against ghom. The proc on it is pretty good and I'm not even lightning monk.

Discobird

Quick Q for Demon Hunters - I've got the mats and am strongly tempted to craft one of the 1h Xbows for my DH - Hallowed Condemnation or Blitzbolter. Is either one worth it?

Currently using a Danetta's Revenge + Archfiend Arrows quiver but want to try out full dual wielding if I can get another good weapon.

Those two xbows are pretty much identical and if you can afford to craft them, feel free to give it a shot. I crafted a Hallowed Condemnation back when Blitzbolter used to cost a flawless royal gem, but now I don't think there's much reason to pick one over the other, unless you want to use a Hallowed shield and get the set bonus. Neither 1h xbow has any special affixes.

Nokterian

Phew so i was banned for a week but i am back! So i am still playing it and it's still addicting. I don't play other games at the moment but Blizzard could do some variety yes in adventure mode i agree on that one. Also playing my WD way more and having fun with different builds.

scy

I think that hotfixes work best when something negatively game breaking is going on, like for example (making these up) potions taking away 60% HP instead of recovering it or bosses suddenly one shotting you if you've got a shrine buff up.

That reminds me, there was an issue a few days ago where Consecration was one-shotting my group. No idea when it was hotfixed but apparently it's been done.

There goes my fun.

Sanctuary

I have been trying to roll off the +fire damage on this amulet every day now for the last nine days. I have been rerolling 3 - 6 times a day (just as many Flawless Imperials), and only once, for the first time last night has anything but fire shown up as another element. Of course it was lightning, which isn't what I need.

Just rerolled again and got...

Fire_zpsb915dfc7.jpg

I would just give up on this shit, but it's 710 INT 100% CD, 9.5% CC...

Insaniac

I have been trying to roll off the +fire damage on this amulet every day now for the last nine days. I have been rerolling 3 - 6 times a day (just as many Flawless Imperials), and only once, for the first time last night has anything but fire shown up as another element. Of course it was lightning, which isn't what I need.

Fire_zpsb915dfc7.jpg

Yeah, that needs to be changed, absolutely infuriating

DSmalls84

Fire_zpsb915dfc7.jpg

I have had a few items that did that for me as well. I eventually raged and turned them into Forgotten Souls. RNG giveth and RNG taketh away.

Melville

I don't usually brag about the items I find but this one is pretty nice. I especially like the two secondary stats (completely random, only stats guaranteed on this item are main stat, crit chance and LpH).

5WpliBc.jpg

Not sure what element I will enchant that Life per hit yet...

I don't usually brag about the items I find but this one is pretty nice. I especially like the two secondary stats (completely random, only stats guaranteed on this item are main stat, crit chance and LpH).

http://i.imgur.com/5WpliBc.jpg[IMG]

Not sure what element I will enchant that Life per hit yet...[/QUOTE]

Attack speed or +damage or + elemental damage. That is an awesome amulet.

Sanctuary

If I end up getting a Cindercoat and +2 Mirrorball before I get 17% - 20% Arcane on that (which at this rate is probable), I'm just going to switch to fire. Since I have a +20% Devastator and 20% Magefists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom