• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually brag about the items I find but this one is pretty nice. I especially like the two secondary stats (completely random, only stats guaranteed on this item are main stat, crit chance and LpH).

5WpliBc.jpg

Not sure what element I will enchant that Life per hit yet...

um, wow. those are great rolls.

re roll to attack speed or elemental damage for sure

Macmanus

If you play at least half of it in torment you should hit 70 otherwise you will not.

I got from 60 to 70 on Master with my WD, but I took my sweet ass time. Really stopped to smell the roses.

Also the Earthquake Barb build that was posted on reddit/DF looks silly and awesome:
fbvnTlA.gif

Totakeke

The Slash proc rate seems fine but it's pretty awful on Fist of the Heavens. Even then, it's still probably better than every other weapon I have.

That's true, FotH has shitty proc rates. Doesn't work that well with Akarat's Champion Rally rune.

My Schaefer's (not really a fair comparison but still) kills Ghom in half of the time. And my darklight, even without a crit gem, does it in 3/4rds of the time. :/

Tom Penny

Lol someone pointed out that thundergod's vigor is better than the entire monk 6-set. Can't wait to complete it!

Lighting proc, up to 20% lightning damage and 300 resist is too much to give up. You need ring of grandeur to rock the Inna set effectively. Monks are bottom of the totem pole. High spirit cost and low spirit generators.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The Slash proc rate seems fine but it's pretty awful on Fist of the Heavens. Even then, it's still probably better than every other weapon I have.

While at work I got curious and I looked up proc coefficients for all lightning skills on barbs.

Turns out the two highest lightning skills are frenzy - smite with a 75% proc coef and cleave - broad sweep with an 80% proc coefficient.

I'm considering seeing if I can do something silly by just ditching fury dumps and running berzerker rage (the one with 25% bonus damage while fury capped), dumping paragon points from crit to attack speed and just spamming cleave or frenzy.

I feel like Frenzy will be better but Cleave has potential. Obviously it'll be inferior to WW but this could work well.

Dahbomb

Lol someone pointed out that thundergod's vigor is better than the entire monk 6-set. Can't wait to complete it!
Andariel's Visage as well.

20% Lightning damage plus +100% weapon damage (or whatever the damage is) with the Poison Nova.

But you can have them all so it's not a big deal (Andariels + Thundergod + Full set).

scy

That's true, FotH has shitty proc rates. Doesn't work that well with Akarat's Champion Rally rune.

My Schaefer's (not really a fair comparison but still) kills Ghom in half of the time. And my darklight, even without a crit gem, does it in 3/4rds of the time. :/

Hm. I have a fairly good Schaefer's (well, no STR but has Elite Damage% to go with the +1700 top-end) and a 20% Odyn's Son and last I checked, both were far worse than my Shard of Hate. Schaefer's may pull ahead now with my Bowmen+Charged Up use on top of the Shard change, though.

Would also mean retooling some of my set pieces to get Reaper's Wraps for 2H. It's unnecessary when 1H but fairly confident in saying I'll want it when 2H.

eek5

Lighting proc, up to 20% lightning damage and 300 resist is too much to give up. You need ring of grandeur to rock the Inna set effectively. Monks are bottom of the totem pole. High spirit cost and low spirit generators.

Inna's guaranteed rolls actually make it really difficult to piece together a good set. Can't roll 2res on pants or belt.

Belt really only has one free primary roll so you're hoping for vit I guess but then it's way worse than many other belts. I'm guessing that's the one you'd drop to roll with RoRG but that means using the helm which means you're dropping Gyana or eye of the storm..

Chest is decent but it's pretty much a glorified rare and 2H is really only good with flow of eternity or flying dragon...

So you're giving up cindercoat, gyana, eye of the storm, harringtons, thundergods, witching hour.. for mantras?

IDK MAN.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Inna's guaranteed rolls actually make it really difficult to piece together a good set. Can't roll 2res on pants or belt.

Belt really only has one free primary roll so you're hoping for vit I guess but then it's way worse than many other belts. I'm guessing that's the one you'd drop to roll with RoRG but that means using the helm which means you're dropping Gyana or eye of the storm..

Chest is decent but it's pretty much a glorified rare and 2H is really only good with flow of eternity or flying dragon...

So you're giving up cindercoat, gyana, eye of the storm, harringtons, thundergods, witching hour.. for mantras?

IDK MAN.

Not to mention that two of those mantras don't work with Inna's 4-set. (MoC and MoR have different descriptions if you look at the buffs).

Also, just saw another bug report that the normal MoC doesn't do the stated damage boost. It's actually 6% base, 12% active, or 12/18 with Overawe.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505891372

Tom Penny

Not to mention that two of those mantras don't work with Inna's 4-set. (MoC and MoR have different descriptions if you look at the buffs).

Also, just saw another bug report that the normal MoC doesn't do the stated damage boost. It's actually 6% base, 12% active, or 12/18 with Overawe.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505891372

But the fixed Shard of Hate !! I like my Monk. It just takes to much time to replenish spirit and use the good attacks how I want too. Tag and enemy with EP, pop mantra of conviction or Blinding Light use lashing tail kick. My spirit is all gone and it takes 6-10 hits to get it back.

ElyrionX

Getting sick of my Wiz so I'm going to be playing DH a bit. Couple of questions:

1. What's the strongest build right now, assuming I have no legs?

2. Is a Danetta's Spite with 2256 dps, 658 dex, 7% cd reduction, 1.3 hatred regen, +10 max dis and clone secondary affix worth trying to re-roll to get a socket? The damage seems a bit low compared to some of the stuff I'm seeing on other DHs and if it's a poor weapon, I don't want to waste resources trying to roll a socket on it and will just use a rare bow I already have while I look for something better.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wait what are the descriptions if you're using the 4set? Do they do anything at all?

Someone else tested MoR and said they never got crits with the 4-set version, which normally happens with the mantra, and MoC just didn't work at all - it didn't put the debuff icon around the monsters or increase the damage. There are a few bug reports in for it. I'm not sure about the exact difference in wording on the buff icon.

Totakeke

Getting sick of my Wiz so I'm going to be playing DH a bit. Couple of questions:

2. Is a Danetta's Spite with 2256 dps, 658 dex, 7% cd reduction, 1.3 hatred regen, +10 max dis and clone secondary affix worth trying to re-roll to get a socket? The damage seems a bit low compared to some of the stuff I'm seeing on other DHs and if it's a poor weapon, I don't want to waste resources trying to roll a socket on it and will just use a rare bow I already have while I look for something better.

Cluster Arrow - Loaded for Bear is the most popular, entangling shot usually used as the generator. I don't think anyone has come up with CDR builds for DH so do reroll that. Vault (action shot/tumble) is good, vengeance (seethe) is good, a pet (wolf or boar) is good, the last slot it's utility so you can put Marked of Death

I'd definitely recommend getting Reaper's Wraps to start with. Other than that it's the usual Magefist/Cindercoat/Andariel's/SoJ/+Fire stuff.

I personally don't like using Cluster Arrow but it's definitely by far the most popular skill.

Jrmint

1. My go-to build before I got my Krider was Entangling Shot and Cluster Arrow with the Cull The Weak passive. Throw in RoV or Marked for Death with Contagion depending on your taste. I also run a companion (wolf) and Vault. It's a really fun build. I forgot Vengeance, Seethe is the best rune.

2. Probably not. That's a pretty low damage roll.

ElyrionX

Cluster Arrow - Loaded for Bear is the most popular, entangling shot usually used as the generator. I don't think anyone has come up with CDR builds for DH so do reroll that. Vault (action shot/tumble) is good, vengeance (seethe) is good, a pet (wolf or boar) is good, the last slot it's utility so you can put Marked of Death

I'd definitely recommend getting Reaper's Wraps to start with. Other than that it's the usual Magefist/Cindercoat/Andariel's/SoJ/+Fire stuff.

I personally don't like using Cluster Arrow but it's definitely by far the most popular skill.

Thanks for this. I used LfB back before in vanilla before Paragon levels came out. I see not much has changed.

Begaria

two legendary bracers from caches. thanks diablobama. As if the 3 from yesterday wasn't enough.

And my work here is done.

Bounties are a great addition to this game. They're the perfect thing to do during my lunch break when I've got about 20-25 mins to kill.

Dahbomb

CDR build for DH is good.

Even the cookie cutter DH build benefits from it.

Basically you have Wolf Companion, Rain of Vengeance (Fire version) and Vengeance on your skill bar (maybe Preparation too but you probably want something like Smoke Screen or Vault there). If you have good CDR then you can have Wolf Companion's buff almost all the time (that's 30% damage to you and your allies) and better up time on RoV and Vengeance. For Vengeance you want the rune that gives you more Hatred regen... that combined with Reaper Wraps means Cluster Arrows all day.

d1rtn4p

Hey guys,

Just picked this back up after a long time and playing through master with my 54 WD. Seems things have changed a lot since I last played. Anyone have any links to places that explain how basic things work like drops, enchanting and forging?

ElyrionX

1. My go-to build before I got my Krider was Entangling Shot and Cluster Arrow with the Cull The Weak passive. Throw in RoV or Marked for Death with Contagion depending on your taste. I also run a companion (wolf) and Vault. It's a really fun build. I forgot Vengeance, Seethe is the best rune.

2. Probably not. That's a pretty low damage roll.

Yeah that was my suspicion on the Danetta. Quite a pity.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I get a ton of bracers. It must be at least 40% of all my leg drops. Maybe the drops are bugged.

Seriously, my D3 life is that 4-panel dolan comic where he walks into a building, walks out, and "everything was bracers"

Discobird

CDR build for DH is good.

Even the cookie cutter DH build benefits from it.

Basically you have Wolf Companion, Rain of Vengeance (Fire version) and Vengeance on your skill bar (maybe Preparation too but you probably want something like Smoke Screen or Vault there). If you have good CDR then you can have Wolf Companion's buff almost all the time (that's 30% damage to you and your allies) and better up time on RoV and Vengeance. For Vengeance you want the rune that gives you more Hatred regen... that combined with Reaper Wraps means Cluster Arrows all day.

Unfortunately CDR competes with RCR in most slots where you can roll it, and RCR is way more powerful for a cookie cutter CA-LFB DH.

Dahbomb

Unfortunately CDR competes with RCR in most slots where you can roll it, and RCR is way more powerful for a cookie cutter CA-LFB DH.
Yeah this is true too. I would honestly just have the CDR Diamond on the Helm so I could have the Wolf companion buff up in every fight.

Also today I experienced the bug where an item I enchanted got rolled back to its original status. I quit the game and when I came back it was in its original status. No idea how to replicate it but it definitely involves quitting/restarting a game in a short time after you Enchant something. Definitely something people should try to exploit until it gets fixed.

Discobird

Yeah that was my suspicion on the Danetta. Quite a pity.

If you already have a Revenge it might be worth trying to socket the Spite. The set bonus is really hard to give up IMO... since I got my Danetta's I've found a 2550 DPS 2-pierce Buriza and a 2790 DPS Windforce and stashed them both in favor of infinite vaulting. And this would've been the case even if I was still using my shitty 2250 DPS Danetta's Revenge which rolled worse than your Spite (I've since upgraded it).

-e- at the very least, leave it in your stash in case you find a Revenge someday.

jersoc

Fuck man leg bracers are my white whale. I've never seen one drop. I settled for making my own.

i went 2500 shards post kadala buff before i got a leg bracer. fucking unbelievable. but the ones i got were good so theres that. afterwards i drop 100 shards and get a 2 MM mirrorball, so yeah.

Yeah this is true too. I would honestly just have the CDR Diamond on the Helm so I could have the Wolf companion buff up in every fight.

Also today I experienced the bug where an item I enchanted got rolled back to its original status. I quit the game and when I came back it was in its original status. No idea how to replicate it but it definitely involves quitting/restarting a game in a short time after you Enchant something. Definitely something people should try to exploit until it gets fixed.

I've been more 'worried' about Vengeance being up than Wolf.

There is something weird with enchanting and when the info is calculated. I've seen my in game damage numbers jump around after I've changed something in very strange ways (not the usual - switch weapon, number changes then gets recalculated - way). It might be some kind of behind the scenes asynchronous system which can get cut off if you exit quickly after enchanting. Just conjecture from me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom