• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Bloodshards exist solely to gamble, so if you can get upgrades do it.

I don't understand people's reluctance to spending blood shards on things...

And probably a dumb question here, but I can't find the answer. I have Reaper of Souls, can my friends with the base game only play with me? Or do we all need the expansion?

You can play with them in Act 1 - 4, but they won't be able to do Act 5, Adventure mode, or anything else exclusive to RoS.

d1rtn4p

And probably a dumb question here, but I can't find the answer. I have Reaper of Souls, can my friends with the base game only play with me? Or do we all need the expansion?

Nevermind, found it.

After being frustrated with my wizard and her luck finding upgrades (haven't found anything useful since last Saturday), I decided to just transfer her gear to my 70 WD. The gear is enchanted for an arc lightning wizard, but I had Theo gloves. Even without +fire for firebats and having useless +electrocute and +lightning damage, I'm surprised just how much damage my WD is pumping out at only around 800k unbuffed dps. Those fetish sycophants do crazy damage. This is the build I'm running:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#clUQYT!aWVR!ZbcbcZ

Is there a way I can improve this so it's even more pet focused?

I think I'm going to play around with this as a break from Wizard for a while. The constant disappointment is starting to get stale otherwise.

Insaniac

After being frustrated with my wizard and her luck finding upgrades (haven't found anything useful since last Saturday), I decided to just transfer her gear to my 70 WD. The gear is enchanted for an arc lightning wizard, but I had Theo gloves. Even without +fire for firebats and having useless +electrocute and +lightning damage, I'm surprised just how much damage my WD is pumping out at only around 800k unbuffed dps. Those fetish sycophants do crazy damage. This is the build I'm running:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#clUQYT!aWVR!ZbcbcZ

Is there a way I can improve this so it's even more pet focused?

I think I'm going to play around with this as a break from Wizard for a while. The constant disappointment is starting to get stale otherwise.

haha, I'm opposite of you, I was messing around with a pet build on WD, then switched back to my melee wizard and am having so much fun despite not really finding upgrades lately (hunting for very specific items now)

edit: what was your arc lightning build?

neoism

http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/profile/sammfaria-1552/hero/42050715

this is an offensive build. In order to survive in T1 I need to use Mantra of Healing and Lashing Tail Kick instead of SSS. I really need some upgrade lol.

lol man just get to 70 first dont even play in T1 until your level 70 every single piece of your gear can be replaced with a level 70 rare... so dont sweat it items drop at your level no matter the diff... you can find a level 70 thunderfury on normal same as T6 doesn't matter until you have about 400k dps I wouldn't even play on T1....
I have like 700k dps and 9mil toughness and still die a few times on T1

Dahbomb

Apparently there's a random vendor that spawns in Northern Highlands (young boy) who sells you a random Legendary plan for the Blacksmith. He very rarely spawns and he gets to sell only one plan (if you purchase it then you can't buy anything off him again).

I guess this is one way to get the plan that you want... keep trying to find that vendor. I haven't seen him but apparently he doesn't he shows up on your map either so he's hard to spot.

Apparently there's a random vendor that spawns in Northern Highlands (young boy) who sells you a random Legendary plan for the Blacksmith. He very rarely spawns and he gets to sell only one plan (if you purchase it then you can't buy anything off him again).

I guess this is one way to get the plan that you want... keep trying to find that vendor. I haven't seen him but apparently he doesn't he shows up on your map either so he's hard to spot.

Really? Interesting

GJS

Dane Bright is the vendors name.

He's been spotted in dahlgur oasis and westmarch commons as well. I haven't heard anything about only being able to buy from him once though, as his inventory should refresh every 10 minutes just like any other vendor.

Shifty76

I just got an Odyn Son with only 3 primary affixes as well, this shit sucks. Mine's also missing the lightning damage.

Sure glad mine rolled normal last night.

Light dmg
Dmg %
Dex
20% lightning skill dmg.

Dmg% rolled to socket first attempt.

Sorry...I'll leave now

Dahbomb

Dane Bright is the vendors name.

He's been spotted in dahlgur oasis and westmarch commons as well. I haven't heard anything about only being able to buy from him once though, as his inventory should refresh every 10 minutes just like any other vendor.
I meant buying once from him in that only one player can apparently buy from him. So you can't have that guy spawn, call in 3 friends and everyone starts buying plans from him.

I just got an Odyn Son with only 3 primary affixes as well, this shit sucks. Mine's also missing the lightning damage.
This is ridiculous... should be fixed in the next hot fix.

Someone should make a thread about it on the forums (with a pic preferably).

Sanctuary

LMFAO...

Fire2_zps52b21505.jpg

Sanctuary

Jesus fucking christ. That is no laughing matter.

It's maniacal, insane laughter. Not the good kind.

I need it to be arcane, not fire. I've been getting nothing but fire every day (3-6 rerolls daily, and each cost a Flawless Imperial). Bitch has been taunting me daily. Earlier it was 19%, 16%, 16% on a single roll and now that. I have not seen Arcane show up even once.

Dahbomb

I got SIX Mad Monarch's Scepters today and no GOD DAMN ROYAL RING. RNGesus hates me.
Damn you too?

I did get that Gorget amulet as well but it was worse than the one in my stash so it was a free Soul.

I am enjoying playing DH though. So much burst damage it's hilarious.

3 Rifts, 110 blood shards 10 legendaries. RNG loves me today, except Kadala gave me another 2 Ironboot Mudstompers (7 total now from that witch)

Dark_castle

I need it to be arcane, not fire. I've been getting nothing but fire every day (3-6 rerolls daily, and each cost a Flawless Imperial). Bitch has been taunting me daily. Earlier it was 19%, 16%, 16% on a single roll and now that. I have not seen Arcane show up even once.
Get yourself a Moonlight Ward. Guaranteed arcane and great arcane proc. :p

ViviOggi

I got SIX Mad Monarch's Scepters today and no GOD DAMN ROYAL RING. RNGesus hates me.

I've been farming Act I bags for my Crusader for a while, didn't get shit. Then today I was out of shards, did a quick bounty run with my DH and opened the bag for funsies - CLING - Royal Ring. Guess Blizz wants me to play DH :|

jblank83

Moonlight_zps0eda3fbf.jpg

The CHD took a lot of rolls, and those gems aren't cheap. I figure I spent at least 15 million getting that enchant. My heart skipped a beat when it finally rolled around.

The elemental rerolls are the toughest, as there are more possibilities to choose from in that list. Keep trying. It's just a matter of time.

Sanctuary

Guys, seriously? I know what the Moonlight Ward is. If, you know, it actually dropped or Kadala gave me one, I'd be using it. Until then, I have to waste time on rerolls that don't amount to anything.

jblank83

You know, not to change the subject, but I really like what they have done with the Battle.net launcher. Especially the friends list/chat.

It's not bad. The chat is nice. It works just like Steam.

My main complaint is that I want to remove games from the list. I have no intention of ever playing WoW again. I don't want to see the icon or read news about it.

Insaniac

Moonlight_zps0eda3fbf.jpg

The CHD took a lot of rolls, and those gems aren't cheap. I figure I spent at least 15 million getting that enchant. My heart skipped a beat when it finally rolled around.

The elemental rerolls are the toughest, as there are more possibilities to choose from in that list. Keep trying. It's just a matter of time.

Jelly....

I salvaged at least 15 maces before I got my ring.

... i can't get it to drop at all, ive gotten at least 1 of everything else from act 2, act1 and most of act 5...

Have to find a different weap since my SoH got nerfed (still can't find the Wand of Woh either)

Baliis

... i can't get it to drop at all, ive gotten at least 1 of everything else from act 2, act1 and most of act 5...

Have to find a different weap since my SoH got nerfed (still can't find the Wand of Woh either)

At least Woh is mega rare. I'm like 20 legendary rings in on Kadala with no SoJ still though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
two legendarys from a single rift, this is madness

also whats better on weapon ruby or emerald ?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
World first P700 answered a few questions on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/239lh4/dmoe_becomes_worlds_first_paragonlevel_700/

They were using "rift trading".

DMoe said:
The best advice I can offer to everyone, is to rift trade.

Here's how that works:

You clear a "T3" Rift and invite 3 people. You now have saved up 3 turn-ins that you gave to other people. You are now eligible to join 3 turn-ins before you have to clear a rift again.

Rift speed barely increases as you add players, and if you're fast like me, it actually slows it down. Trading them in this manor allows you to get 4 times the turn-in and level much faster.

I post these ideas all over the place, Diablofans, D2JSP, etc.

Had to make a reddit account just because a buddy posted that this was here, not a redditor, but I guess I might as well respond to stuff about me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHhvWvkNAA&feature=youtu.be

Might as well copy my comment here:

Hmm, had to think about that one for a while, but it makes sense. Assuming there were 3 players just as geared and fast as you, and all your time was spent fighting monsters, you'd only clear rifts 60% faster (400% damage / 250% health), vs 300% faster for the rift trading method. In practice there's a lot of travel time, so it wouldn't be a 60% boost in clear speed, which makes rift trading even better in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom