• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

Jelly....

Consider it the gold award for spending 100 hours in loot 2.0, sort of a carrot to keep you from thinking about everything else you could be doing with your life, and how much you really need to reroll that last 5 CC on your gloves to really max out your toon and finally be satisfied ;)

Kyoufu

So I need to get my hands on some Reaper's Wraps, but I lack the Reaper Death thingy to make them. I know it drops from Malt, but which difficulty is it advised to farm?

jblank83

So I need to get my hands on some Reaper's Wraps, but I lack the Reaper Death thingy to make them. I know it drops from Malt, but which difficulty is it advised to farm?

Here is the drop rate info:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12405960503#13

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Interestingly, this related topic seems to confirm my assertion from just before RoS launch that Infernal Machine key drop rate at the start of 2.0 was not 25% in T1 (or any other difficulty other than T6):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12404520371

Normalny: 5
Wysoki: 6
Ekspert: 7,2
Mistrz: 8,6
Udręka I: 10,4
Udręka II: 12,4
Udręka III: 14,9
Udręka IV: 17,9
Udręka V: 21,5
Udręka VI: 25,8

Blizzard may have intended the drop rate of keys to be 25% in T1, but it looks like they (intentionally or not) nerfed them at the start of 2.0. However, as of the recent patch, those drop rates have been brought back up to where they should have been.

scy

Blizzard may have intended the drop rate of keys to be 25%, but it looks like they (intentionally or not) nerfed them at the start of 2.0. However, as of the recent patch, those drop rates have been brought back up to where they should have been.

Reaper of Souls: Where nothing worked as intended at launch.

Kyoufu

Here is the drop rate info:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12405960503#13

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Interestingly, this related topic seems to confirm my assertion from several weeks ago that Infernal Machine key drop rate in 2.0 was not 25% in T1 (or any other difficulty, for that matter):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12404520371

Blizzard may have intended the drop rate of keys to be 25%, but it looks like they (intentionally or not) nerfed them at the start of 2.0. However, as of the recent patch, those drop rates have been brought back up to where they should have been.

Thanks a lot! I guess I will do this on T1.

bigb0ss

Banned
anybody else getting their account locked and prompted to change passwords today? Could it be related to heartbleed?

Edit: I have the authenticator app if that matters.

robochimp

Me and my friends have been using this quite a lot today. Takes about 35 minutes to get a character from 1 to 70. Also greate for farming gold. A run takes like 20 seconds, and you get like127k gold per run. so over 360k gold per minute

What torment level is this being done at? I can't make it out in the vid.

The Cowboy

Finally got a Cindercoat for my Wizard and generally not happy with it and will hope for an upgrade (still, better than what i had), swapped out 300ish armour for the 3 sockets (filled with all i can afford at the moment :D)..
O5JnleE.png

Dahbomb

After playing with Cluster Arrow Fire DH for like 3-4 days, I am now deathly afraid of potential nerfs to Loaded for Bear, Ambush and Cindercoat/Magefist.

If they nerfed Fires of Heaven drastically I see no reason why they think that Loaded for Bear should stay as is. The damage output on this skill is so insane that it trumps every other DH Hatred spender by a margin. And then you add to the fact that the 2 major fire items are so powerful by themselves it makes the combination insane. Then you add in stuff like Reaper Wraps, Ambush + some damage passives and Blood vengeance which allows you to spam that skill non stop in fights for huge burst damage.

IMO stuff like Fires of Heaven nerf and the Sharpshooter nerfs are far more concerning than Shard of Hate nerf. Those weren't bugs that got fixed, they were legitimate nerfs straight up. I guess you can say that the SS nerf was compensated by the overall pet buff but it still made that skill viable in a particular build when now it's back to being a relatively unused passive at high gear (at low level it's still amazing though).

Trickster

It's fixed. I just tried it with my friend and he was getting like 41k.

Sure you're not messing it up somehow? Because from what I can tell, you can do this trick with any quest you turn in to an npc in a city. So they'd basically have to nerf the xp rewards for a lot of quests in the game.

Edit - Might be worth pointing out that the xp reward obviously scales with levels. So if you get boosted from lvl 1. You will get much much less than the 14 mil that you get if you do it as a lvl 70

tariniel

I haven't bought the expansion yet, but for some reason decided to level a new character on HC. I beat Diablo last night, played through the entire game on hard mode, and only got to level 47. Where do I grind the remaining 13 levels, relatively safely?

scy

If they nerfed Fires of Heaven drastically I see no reason why they think that Loaded for Bear should stay as is.

It was a fun time having the best spender in the game.

Then my ball got taken away.

It was okay, though, because I got a Shard of Hate.

Then my ball got taken away.

So guys, if I get a Blade of Prophecy soon, I apologize.

To be serious, though, Fires of Heaven was "problematic" in that we had a Legendary that potentially tripled it's output while also circumventing how I guess the rest of our itemization was pictured (CDR). Like, I'm fine with Fires of Heaven being altered if we were given better baselines otherwise alongside it. Which they tried to do with the Fist of the Heavens, Shield Bash (though this still needs work), and Blessed Shield changes.

Deadly

Sure you're not messing it up somehow? Because from what I can tell, you can do this trick with any quest you turn in to an npc in a city. So they'd basically have to nerf the xp rewards for a lot of quests in the game.

Edit - Might be worth pointing out that the xp reward obviously scales with levels. So if you get boosted from lvl 1. You will get much much less than the 14 mil that you get if you do it as a lvl 70
I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I think the thing is that it wasn't scaling with levels.

Dahbomb

I wouldn't even call pre-nerf Fires of Heaven the best spender (but certainly way up there).

Fires of Heaven is not attached to fire which is the best element in the game right now in terms of potential raw DPS.

Plus you have to factor in that after the initial 770% burst of Loaded for Bear it releases 4 more grenades each hitting for 220% each. The potential damage for LfB is INSANE!

Blade of Prophecy is definitely an item that might get tweaked in the future.

kmfdmpig

This is probably a very dumb question, but what is the skill I see in public games where characters have blue lightning zapping things near them. I think it's Crusader, but I can't figure out what skill it would be for them, so it may be Monk (or another class altogether). It's not Storm Armor. It's like a semi-permanent beam of light that is connected to the toon and hits enemies nearby. I always assumed it was the final rune in Blessed Hammers, but it's not. Any help would be appreciated.

Dahbomb

This is probably a very dumb question, but what is the skill I see in public games where characters have blue lightning zapping things near them. I think it's Crusader, but I can't figure out what skill it would be for them, so it may be Monk (or another class altogether). It's not Storm Armor. It's like a semi-permanent beam of light that is connected to the toon and hits enemies nearby. I always assumed it was the final rune in Blessed Hammers, but it's not. Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like Fist of Heaven Fissure rune.

Need to be more specific. What do you mean by beam of light? If it's just an arc of lightning coming out of the character and zapping near by enemies it's probably the Thunderfury or Odyn Son weapon procs.

scy

I wouldn't even call pre-nerf Fires of Heaven the best spender (but certainly way up there).

Fires of Heaven is not attached to fire which is the best element in the game right now in terms of potential raw DPS.

Plus you have to factor in that after the initial 770% burst of Loaded for Bear it releases 4 more grenades each hitting for 220% each. The potential damage for LfB is INSANE!

It was just a joke. Same about the Shard bit since we have better weapons for Crusaders.

Though, FoH with Fate of the Fell is better than CA:LfB since no amount of Fire damage matches triple damage. Wonky hitbox and all be damned.

Blade of Prophecy is definitely an item that might get tweaked in the future.

God, I hope not. I've been after it for way too long for that to happen :(

joesmokey

Getting a lot of lag/frame skipping throughout the day. Not quite sure what's going on with their servers, but it's fairly frustrating.

What's the problem with green? Green rings sucks usually?

It's a tease. For me, It could be a zunimassa pox which will complete my 4pc and allowing me to use Mask of Jeram but in most cases it ends up being a punch in the balls as a junk set ring as stated. Same with being excited when seeing green light for everything else and as you see the icon is a blackthornes, it's soul crushing. :(

Dahbomb

The most underrated 1H weapon in the game...

Sun Keeper.

I swear I was in a group earlier where someone got that and he was about to salvage it.

This weapon is absolutely nuts. It can give up to 30% elite damage.

I think it's a combination of two things:

1) Sun Keeper used to be garbage in Vanilla D3. I think it gave like MF or something irrelevant like that.

2) Elite damage increase or elite damage reduction are hugely underrated affixes in RoS.

For one Elite damage is now additive now which means 20% + 20% is actually 40% now. Getting more Elite damage on your gear is very powerful.

Furthermore with the way skill bonuses and element damage work... Elite damage is added multiplicative on top of it after all the skill and element bonuses are added up.

Say you have a skill that hits for 100% weapon damage. You have 2 skill damage modifiers of 15% each so the skill is hitting for 130% damage. You also have elemental damage of 50% which will make your skill hit for 195%. Now if you add in 30% fire damage to this, your skill do 221% damage. HOWEVER... if you instead add in 30% elite damage... your skills hit for 253% on Elites!

Basically what I am saying is if you have a choice between let's say a Devastator and Sunkeeper for a fire build (assuming they have roughly the same sheet DPS) and you have fire damage on all other slots (helm, amulet, bracer, chest, glove etc) then choose Sun Keeper over it as your skills would do more damage to Elites.

And before anyone says "but but you will clear white mobs slower with it"... no one gives a crap about white mobs in higher Torments. Most people can take out white mobs in T6 easily... it's the elites that give you issue.

eek5

The most underrated 1H weapon in the game...

Sun Keeper.

I swear I was in a group earlier where someone got that and he was about to salvage it.

This weapon is absolutely nuts. It can give up to 30% elite damage.

I think it's a combination of two things:

1) Sun Keeper used to be garbage in Vanilla D3. I think it gave like MF or something irrelevant like that.

2) Elite damage increase or elite damage reduction are hugely underrated affixes in RoS.

For one Elite damage is now additive now which means 20% + 20% is actually 40% now. Getting more Elite damage on your gear is very powerful.

Furthermore with the way skill bonuses and element damage work... Elite damage is added multiplicative on top of it after all the skill and element bonuses are added up.

Say you have a skill that hits for 100% weapon damage. You have 2 skill damage modifiers of 15% each so the skill is hitting for 130% damage. You also have elemental damage of 50% which will make your skill hit for 195%. Now if you add in 30% fire damage to this, your skill do 221% damage. HOWEVER... if you instead add in 30% elite damage... your skills hit for 253% on Elites!

Basically what I am saying is if you have a choice between let's say a Devastator and Sunkeeper for a fire build (assuming they have roughly the same sheet DPS) and you have fire damage on all other slots (helm, amulet, bracer, chest, glove etc) then choose Sun Keeper over it as your skills would do more damage to Elites.

And before anyone says "but but you will clear white mobs slower with it"... no one gives a crap about white mobs in higher Torments. Most people can take out white mobs in T6 easily... it's the elites that give you issue.

Yeah Sun keeper is really good. SK + SOJ + auglids would be a pretty strong combo.

garath

Damn.. I genuinely don't know what to do here.

ezhfppr.jpg

Just got the maurader's helm. It'll be my second piece so I'll get the set bonus. My current helm has the crit chance and cluster arrow damage. I run a CA build of course. Do I reroll the impale damage to cluster arrow and forgo the crit chance? Or get the easier reroll of armor into crit chance?

Dahbomb

Yeah Sun keeper is really good. SK + SOJ + auglids would be a pretty strong combo.
Yeah this is true. It boggles me though because people seem to have finally realized that SoJ and Aughilds are good but Sun Keeper is over looked. I guess weapons have more competition with all those procs everywhere. Sun Keeper definitely isn't as flashy as a Thunderfury or a Shard of Hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom