• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

So I haven't played this game since the patch came out that buffed Crusaders a bit. What are the most common specs people are running with them now?

Kind of hit a wall with my monk. Only thing I can do is reroll items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cybaslasher-1130/hero/2835637

Strongarm Bracers/Reaper's Wraps would be a big upgrade. One is from a recipe and other is available (with pain) from Kadala.

2pc aughild's + Ring of Royal Granduer over that chest/shoulders - huge upgrade, and would allow you to start building around poison resist. Maybe craft 2pc ashezara or cain's for extra ehp/dps depending on what you need to go along with it. It is very hard to stack OWE resists on gear w/o crafted sets, and very difficult to use sets in general without the ring of royal grandeur.

Neck could use elemental damage, but that's a crapshoot and good necks are hard to come by and yours is pretty good right now (could just be better IMO).

Just some observations. There's a huge pile of soul crushing RNG in all of the above so I can understand not wanting to push through it.

Dahbomb

So I haven't played this game since the patch came out that buffed Crusaders a bit. What are the most common specs people are running with them now?
Demon Hunters - Fire Cluster Arrow build or some form of companion build (got a nerf in a recent patch with the SS skill). Pretty much the most cookie cutter class in the game right now because Cluster Arrow build is so easy to make and efficient in terms of farming low level Torments.

Wizards - Frozen Orb build at entry level... more variety at high level. From what I have seen Fire Wizards, Disintegrate, Wand of Woh + Explosive Blast and Arcane Torrent Wizards are pretty strong but I think in the end Fire Wizards with stuff like Meteor Shower will be at the top due to Fire itemization in the game. Maybe some sort of semi perma Archon build as well with the Vyr set.

Monks - SW + WohF Lightning or Fire LTK build. Some people use Epiphany + Tempest Rush speed farm builds. Generally you also have Cyclone Strike and Exploding Palm in there some where.

Crusader - Highly dependent on what Legendary item you get with them because their Legendaries are so powerful and game changing for them. Some Crusaders still use Fires of Heaven, some use Fist of Heaven, some use Blessed Shield, some used Blessed Hammer. They shuffle among Holy, Fire and Lightning builds. Might be some rise of Phalanx Commander build with the recent changes but hard to say. I think people are still figuring out what's the top end Crusader builds are. One thing is for sure... everyone has Condemn on their build.

Barbs - Lightning WW, Fire Barb and that Earthquake/Leap Barb which requires specific sets + Legendaries.

Witch Doctor - Don't know because I am not too familiar with them. Seems Fire Bat with Pets is good for them although it seems like their pets are just insane so it doesn't matter what they use as long as they are buffing their pets with stuff like Mask of Jerham.

mcfrank

I have my first character at level 59 and I have not bought Reaper of Souls yet. When I ding 60 should I buy the expac and go right into the next Act? Should I do adventure mode first? I took a long break from this game and just game back to my level 53 and started leveling him again so I have not really been following things. Thanks for any tips.

scy

Yeah this is true. It boggles me though because people seem to have finally realized that SoJ and Aughilds are good but Sun Keeper is over looked. I guess weapons have more competition with all those procs everywhere. Sun Keeper definitely isn't as flashy as a Thunderfury or a Shard of Hate.

Because it's strictly worse than those but better than most (probably all) Elemental Skill% Weapons, assuming it rolls properly. The other thing holding it back, in my opinion, is the slow attack speed but that's not an issue for, say, replacing Devastator like you said above.

One thing is for sure... everyone has Condemn on their build.

I actually dropped it from my (Lightning) build. Phalanx Bowmen gives me 5 seconds of 160%+50% Lightning Damage per shot from my four Bowmen per Phalanx/Provoke rotation. It's somewhere around 25+ arrows shot, I believe, so it helps a lot for trash clears. Condemn is great for AoE stuff but I have that covered so this really helps my ability to solo kill Elites.

On that note, finally did some Shard of Hate post-hotfix vs Schaefer's. Both went around ~23-24 seconds on T3 Ghom kills, though Shard mostly gets there off the back of an extra Phalanx/Provoke use during Akkarat's Champion. The better mobility and Wrath generation makes it the better option still as far as I can tell. Maybe if my Schaefer's was slightly better rolled (~2620 DPS with 10% Elite Damage / 13% Lightning).

RPGCrazied

I have my first character at level 59 and I have not bought Reaper of Souls yet. When I ding 60 should I buy the expac and go right into the next Act? Should I do adventure mode first? I took a long break from this game and just game back to my level 53 and started leveling him again so I have not really been following things. Thanks for any tips.

You have to beat act v campaign to do adventure mode. So go for that first. I just started today too. Level 62.

jblank83

Yeah this is true. It boggles me though because people seem to have finally realized that SoJ and Aughilds are good but Sun Keeper is over looked. I guess weapons have more competition with all those procs everywhere. Sun Keeper definitely isn't as flashy as a Thunderfury or a Shard of Hate.

I'd love a Sun Keeper... that rolls well.

Last one I got was 2050 with no primary stat and no socket. It would've been a big DPS dropoff, even with the elite damage bonus.

I agree, though. It's a very promising item.

scy

Schaefer rolls with 10% elite damage???!!

I have 10% Elite instead of a STR roll.

I'd love a Sun Keeper... that rolls well.

Last one I got was 2050 with no primary stat and no socket. It would've been a big DPS dropoff, even with the elite damage bonus.

I agree, though. It's a very promising item.

Last three me and a friend saw all had 15% Elite rolls. I really want a good 30% one since it defaults to Holy Damage too so it's a great catch-all Holy Cause weapon for any build :(

I think I found a weapon for my Wizard once she gets to 70.

vX7OMkX.jpg

Dahbomb

I believe up to 10% is default on any legendary weapon, what makes Sun Keeper special is the fact that it can roll up to 30%.

I have 10% Elite instead of a STR roll.

My mind is blown right now.

Legit did not know that Legendary weapons can have 10% Elite damage on them as an affix.

Why the hell doesn't everyone just roll a weapon with Main stat, Elite damage and Socket?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Schaefer is an incredible weapon for normal bounty runs and rifts

Right now im pegging about 3 million per tick from its proc

So i basically kill everything without even using an ability and just focus on speed

scy

Why the hell doesn't everyone just roll a weapon with Main stat, Elite damage and Socket?

When's the last time you had a weapon with the +Damage at 1400+ (1700+ for 2H) with Main Stat and a Socket so you could freely roll forever for Elite Damage? I know I almost never get that lucky :(

Besides that, I just imagine people don't know / never see it come up. You can get Reduced Elite (10-11%) on Chests, Increased Elite Damage (5-8%) and Reduced Elite on Shields (just Increased Elite on Sources/Mojos), and Melee/Ranged Reduction (6-7%) on Chests/Bracers in the Secondary slot.

Dahbomb

Well I definitely do not get Legendary weapons with + Elite damage (hence my surprise learning that it was an actual affix) but I have seen drops with main stat, decent damage and a socket. Like I had a WKL that rolled 2200 DPS with a socket and Dex... could've rolled LPSS into Elite damage there.

I know about Chest rolling Elite damage reduction but that is very rare to get even through enchanting. I am guessing the Elite damage on weapons is the same...the chance is pretty low.

scy

Loot sometimes.

I love my Jekangbord Shield that buffs Blessed Shield. That has Shield Bash Damage% on it. With 10% Block Chance.

garath

Damn.. I genuinely don't know what to do here.

ezhfppr.jpg

Just got the maurader's helm. It'll be my second piece so I'll get the set bonus. My current helm has the crit chance and cluster arrow damage. I run a CA build of course. Do I reroll the impale damage to cluster arrow and forgo the crit chance? Or get the easier reroll of armor into crit chance?

Any thoughts? I'm so torn. I'm leaning toward rerolling impale into CA damage. But that will be much riskier. I only have 5 souls give or take.

Dahbomb

Any thoughts? I'm so torn. I'm leaning toward rerolling impale into CA damage. But that will be much riskier. I only have 5 souls give or take.
I would keep the Rare equipped and put the Set in my stash. Not worth enchanting that to be honest.

If that impale damage rolled with Cluster Arrow then I would've rolled that piece easy.

TTOOLL

Schaefer is an incredible weapon for normal bounty runs and rifts

Right now im pegging about 3 million per tick from its proc

So i basically kill everything without even using an ability and just focus on speed

When you say normal you're talking about difficulty, right? What's the advantage in doing this? Serious question because I've just started doing some solo Bounties on Master. Do you recomend doing on Normal instead?

If you are going to use it, I'd drop the impale - no sense having a redundant skill boost. Souls will come eventually so I wouldn't worry about that.

KuroNeeko

Always the Enchantress for me. I simply love the haste buff.

I love the enchantress, but her first tier skill (knockback / charm), I feel is a wasted slot when playing monk. Charm never lasts long enough or is often slapped on the monster I'm fighting and knockback frequently knocks monsters out of my attack range.

Her other tiers are pretty good;D I think the Scoundrel makes a good choice as well.

Totakeke

I still never used Condemn in any substantial manner.

Provoked - Charged Up + Judgment - Resolved + FotH - Fissure is just to good to give up. I can only use Condemn if I give up steed charge. Even if you don't need the crit from resolved, it's so nice being able to kill fast moving elites without them ever moving. So many annoying mechanics you can avoid by just immobilizing enemies from far away.

Dahbomb

When you say normal you're talking about difficulty, right? What's the advantage in doing this? Serious question because I've just started doing some solo Bounties on Master. Do you recomend doing on Normal instead?
The loot from Caches don't matter in terms of difficulty which is why it's just way better to split farm Normal Bounties (pretty much you get a cache every 5-7 minutes).

Usually nowadays people are farming Bounties to get specific cache Legendaries. Like I am running Act 1 Bounties these days (split farm of course) because I want that Ring of Royal Grandeur. I honestly would not be doing Bounties because the rate of Legendary drop is too slow for me (about one per hour at best)... would much rather do T3 Rifts for the Forgotten Souls, Shards, EXP and Legendaries.

That said there is nothing wrong with Master Bounties solo. You get good gold, EXP and some Shards as well... but IMO it's not as efficient as Rifts and you don't get the set drops.

Dex is really high. With 500 dex from set, you will gain dps. Reroll impale for crit.

Or keep it in your chest for now

Duress

No secondary resists? Seems a waste of primary affixes everywhere to have so much all resist when it could come nearly free from secondaries.

I see you already use OWE so was that choice based on the gear that you found?

A lot of the stuff I had to reroll the primaries to make them to be okay. Until I find some near gear with good secondaries, I'm stuck.

Cipherr

My mind is blown right now.

Legit did not know that Legendary weapons can have 10% Elite damage on them as an affix.

Because we never get lucky enough to get a weapon with a socket+main stat. So we end up using a roll to get one of those two, lol.

Elite damage is delicious. I have +48% on my DH in addition to + 60% fire damage and like +30% CA damage (now if I can get a Cindercoat...).

I got a cinder on my DH, and a Magefist, and the rolls on both are so awful that they are legitimately unusable. It makes my heart bleed.

kmfdmpig

Sounds like Fist of Heaven Fissure rune.

Need to be more specific. What do you mean by beam of light? If it's just an arc of lightning coming out of the character and zapping near by enemies it's probably the Thunderfury or Odyn Son weapon procs.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's not any of those. It lasts for a long time (they're just running around with a steady blue lightning coming out from them (parallel to the ground) and it zaps everything nearby. It doesn't come and go like the ones you mentioned and it's constantly centered on the character. The lightning is blue and it's thicker than most lightning in the game (similar in size to a disintegrate effect).

GorillaJu

Got another Shard of Hate last night... Don't really have a place to use it though.

I'm enjoying my Gyrfalcon's Foote build too much. I wish I could get a really sick Justice Lantern but it seems Vitality is a guaranteed roll (or at least very high chance).

Totakeke

On that note, finally did some Shard of Hate post-hotfix vs Schaefer's. Both went around ~23-24 seconds on T3 Ghom kills, though Shard mostly gets there off the back of an extra Phalanx/Provoke use during Akkarat's Champion. The better mobility and Wrath generation makes it the better option still as far as I can tell. Maybe if my Schaefer's was slightly better rolled (~2620 DPS with 10% Elite Damage / 13% Lightning).

My Schaefer's isn't that good either, easily beats SoH though in my tests.
What I do to test on Ghom is to walk up to him, use Akarat's, use Judgment Resolved, use Provoke Charged Up, then just right click until dead. I start the fight at full wrath because going through cycles really hurts the 1H if the 2H can do it in one cycle.

T3 requires me to go through couple of cycles (plus I need to actually stay alive) so I did the test at T1 instead. 24s for SoH, and 14s for Schaefer's.

Svafnir

Ghom seems like a bad choice for testing this. The poison hits you constantly and I imagine that procs schaefers hammer. Where as vs another boss you are not being hit as often.

Totakeke

Ghom seems like a bad choice for testing this. The poison hits you constantly and I imagine that procs schaefers hammer. Where as vs another boss you are not being hit as often.

That's why I originally stated that it wasn't really a fair comparison due to the mechanics. I could try it at ranged but then it doesn't differ that much from a generic 2H.

GorillaJu

Armor, VIT, and Chance to Block are all guaranteed for Justice Lantern.

Yeah, two out of those three I don't want on my rings. Helm of Rule has the same problem. Just give me the block chance!

750 STR
+15% Blessed Shield dmg
+11% Chance to block
+6% crit chance

homerdrool.gif one day I shall craft this elusive beast.

TTOOLL

The loot from Caches don't matter in terms of difficulty which is why it's just way better to split farm Normal Bounties (pretty much you get a cache every 5-7 minutes).

Usually nowadays people are farming Bounties to get specific cache Legendaries. Like I am running Act 1 Bounties these days (split farm of course) because I want that Ring of Royal Grandeur. I honestly would not be doing Bounties because the rate of Legendary drop is too slow for me (about one per hour at best)... would much rather do T3 Rifts for the Forgotten Souls, Shards, EXP and Legendaries.

That said there is nothing wrong with Master Bounties solo. You get good gold, EXP and some Shards as well... but IMO it's not as efficient as Rifts and you don't get the set drops.

just changed to Normal and got myself a nice thudergod's vigor. Fuck this game. Fuck this game.
It has increased damage for Crippiling Wave that I will try to change to fist of thunder.

scy

Maybe I'm mistaken on how Schaefer's works but it's a duration based Damage Aura. I didn't think it stacked.

Anyway, T3 is 2-3 bars of Wrath on the kill which is probably what equalizes it. I have 30% IAS% which also helps my Shard of Hate / Andy's / Bowmen, though Schaefer's better base helps the Bowmen and my Moonlight Ward as well.

The bigger difference for my kills is that Shard of Hate takes an extra set of cooldowns so it's really only tied due to the use of AC, though it also has the better Wrath generation.

Totakeke

Also the more you use slash the more SoH procs. In my testing I noticed how much faster AC's Rally trigger with the one handers while using slash. :/

scy

By the way, if you haven't, try the kill with Phalanx:Bowmen with Charged Up.

It's pretty funny watching them shoot.

Totakeke

By the way, if you haven't, try the kill with Phalanx:Bowmen with Charged Up.

It's pretty funny watching them shoot.

Yeah, they do have funky animations. Just tried it on 4th slot replacing steed, feels maybe about 20% faster?

Anyway, I also did try the physical bombardment build on the reddit thread that used phalanx bowmen to clear trash but I didn't quite like it (but didn't have Tasker and Theo).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crus..._physical_crusader_cooldown_reduction_at_its/

I do kinda imagine that high IAS, Tasker and Theo, and Provoke - Charged up could make them really cool. Most of my gear now have CDR instead though for me to go that way. :p

Jubs

Ice Climbers dropped for my DH buddy, but he said he couldn't wear it because he was wearing his set boots and didn't want to lose his set bonus, so he gave them to me. Lucky me :p

eek5

World first P700 answered a few questions on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/239lh4/dmoe_becomes_worlds_first_paragonlevel_700/

They were using "rift trading".

Might as well copy my comment here:

Hmm, had to think about that one for a while, but it makes sense. Assuming there were 3 players just as geared and fast as you, and all your time was spent fighting monsters, you'd only clear rifts 60% faster (400% damage / 250% health), vs 300% faster for the rift trading method. In practice there's a lot of travel time, so it wouldn't be a 60% boost in clear speed, which makes rift trading even better in comparison.

Rift it forward community is where it's at right now. You join in kill boss then open rift and leave. Shards all night!

When you run out split bounty farm and repeat.

GorillaJu

New hotfix incoming:

Players must be present for at least 30% of a rift's completion to receive rewards from boss and turn-in bonus.

For real though, is there a special chat channel for rifting it forward? I'd probably do the running not the opening.

eek5

New hotfix incoming:

Players must be present for at least 30% of a rift's completion to receive rewards from boss and turn-in bonus.

For real though, is there a special chat channel for rifting it forward? I'd probably do the running not the opening.

Yes I was running the last 2 nights now I've been collecting. Shards all day.

I swear to god this fucking game is toying with me tonight. All I've gotten is duplicate legendaries tonight with terrible stat rolls that can't be saved by enchanting. Two windforces, two boj anglers, 2 swamp land waders and nothing else. 6 legendaries in 2.5 hours? Pretty good. Legendaries that are downgrades or just plain terrible? Not good.

I just wanna see something different man. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom