• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Guys it gets freakin' DARK in some rifts...

PPlyZ9n.jpg

Boogdud

Rift it forward community is where it's at right now. You join in kill boss then open rift and leave. Shards all night!

When you run out split bounty farm and repeat.

This stuff always sucks because:

a) unless you play this way you fall lightyears behind (not that progression is that big of a deal in diablo)

or

2) they end up doing nothing about the act itself, and instead, adjust the drop rates based on people that do this stuff (just like the shitty ah)

Dahbomb

New hotfix incoming:

Players must be present for at least 30% of a rift's completion to receive rewards from boss and turn-in bonus.

For real though, is there a special chat channel for rifting it forward? I'd probably do the running not the opening.
Not really any different from people using "split Bounties" to get more Fragments and more importantly Caches.

My guess is that they will probably either nerf both or keep them the same.

If they do nerf split bounties then they have to buff Torment level Bounties so that the Caches that drop in Torment have a better chance of Legendary. Otherwise they are pointless.

I'm a big fan of Rift it Forward having tried it out tonight. I think it benefits both sides as bounties are a real waste of time to run if you have your bounty legendaries.

GorillaJu

Well bounties are kind of fun IMO. Playing the game on a lower difficulty and just mowing through trash as fast as you can has it's own merits. I think the way they are now is a pretty decent place.

Blizzard may not like the idea of split farming but they obviously don't hate it so much because it hasn't been removed yet. It's a fun way to break up the slower pace of rifting.

Dahbomb

I hate how every class has to use Andariel's now as it's normally BiS for them. At least before there was some competition from Mempo's.

Items like Magefist, Andy, SoJ and Cindercoat have shown the power of elemental damage on items + some other effect. I hope they take notice and add more Legendaries in more slots. Would like to see a Holy damage Shoulder or a those Mudspitters with added Poison damage or some more Bows/WD weapons with Poison skill damage.

Tarazet

I hate how every class has to use Andariel's now as it's normally BiS for them. At least before there was some competition from Mempo's.

I know, man. I am never replacing that Andariel's unless I somehow get a better one. I have a Dex+CC+AS+socket Mempo which is collecting dust.

GorillaJu

Yeah it's kind of dumb that it's just default best helm unless you're completing a set with that slot. You could make a case for a Pride's Fall or Helm of Rule for some classes or builds but the fact that Andy's can get elemental damage and IAS give it a huge leg up on other items.

Artanisix

Items like Magefist, Andy, SoJ and Cindercoat have shown the power of elemental damage on items + some other effect. I hope they take notice and add more Legendaries in more slots. Would like to see a Holy damage Shoulder or a those Mudspitters with added Poison damage or some more Bows/WD weapons with Poison skill damage.

Most WDs I know don't rock Andariels.

Dahbomb

The funny thing is that Andy would still be BiS for many builds without the Attack speed. Hell for a CA build it would be better if it was Dex + Element damage as standard plus 2 Primaries. One can be Crit another can be skill damage like CA.

There are some Helms that can out perform it. Eye of the Storm has more Lightning damage for Monks. Mask of Jerahm is better for pets. There is also Gayana Na Kushu which can out perform an Andy. Aside from that you need Set items with their bonuses to trump Andy.

Tarazet

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grandmasterk-1758/hero/39230539

I feel like I don't know what I'm doing when I look at my gear. One example is I finally got a Magefist with decent stats, imo. However, I don't know if IAS is better or crit damage on them. I must be feeling masochistic to post my profile on here.

Gloves, rings and amulets are all about DPS stats. They should really have Dex, IAS, CC and CD on them. Then shoulders, belt, chest, boots are your strongest slots for effective hit points. Some of your pieces are a bit weak, like the Zodiac ring which could be replaced with a well rolled rare, but the Witching Hour and the Blackfeather are astounding.

alife

Anybody here use a Cluster Arrow DH that can crit over 35 mil? Wondering why one of my friends can crit up to 45-60mil (edit: without belt buff) but I only do 30mil while her and I have similar gear, except I'm still working on getting fire % dmg on my Andariel's Visage.

We both have:
Boots and a quiver with Cluster Arrow %.
Amulet with 700+ dex, 80%+ CHD, 9%+ CHC, and fire % dmg
Bracers with fire % dmg, 400+ dex and vit, 5%+ CHC
Cindercoat but instead of diamonds, I use Royal Emeralds (2).
Magefist except mine is better with a trifecta roll. Others only has dex, AS, and CHD.
I also have around 300-400 more dex.

Everything else is pretty similar excluding the Andariel's Visage since I still don't have fire % dmg on it BUT I do have Cluster Arrow 15%.

I tried dual-wielding 2 one-handers putting me at 590% CHD and I literally saw no difference in crits when changing from a one-hander + quiver setup. Tried using a 2-hand bow as well, and I only saw a slight increase in damage.

Any thoughts appreciated. Here's my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archer-1731/hero/45545731

Anybody here use a Cluster Arrow DH that can crit over 35 mil? Wondering why one of my friends can crit up to 60mil but I only do 30mil while her and I have similar gear, except I'm still working on getting fire % dmg on my Andariel's Visage.

We both have:
Boots and a quiver with Cluster Arrow %.
Amulet with 700+ dex, 80%+ CHD, 9%+ CHC, and fire % dmg
Bracers with fire % dmg, 400+ dex and vit, 5%+ CHC
Cindercoat but instead of diamonds, I use Royal Emeralds (2).
Magefist except mine is better with a trifecta roll. Others only has dex, AS, and CHD.
I also have around 300-400 more dex.

Everything else is pretty similar excluding the Andariel's Visage since I still don't have fire % dmg on it BUT I do have Cluster Arrow 15%.

I tried dual-wielding 2 one-handers putting me at 590% CHD and I literally saw no difference in crits when changing from a one-hander + quiver setup. Tried using a 2-hand bow as well, and I only saw a slight increase in damage.

Any thoughts appreciated. Here's my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archer-1731/hero/45545731

Probably a +fire SoJ ring and a 2h crossbow. Also a possibility is harrington belt which doubles dmg for 10s interacting with anything on ground.

alife

Probably a +fire SoJ ring and a 2h crossbow. Also a possibility is harrington belt which doubles dmg for 10s interacting with anything on ground.

Nope. I would've mentioned an SoJ if she had one. No 2-hand crossbow and no Harrington belt. Our setup is very similar. Uses a 1-hand crossbow with 2500 damage. Unbuffed damage is 891k, mine is 988k. Same passives as well.

Monk has Gyana na Kashu for the Fire builds, Eye of the Storm for the Lightning builds, and The Laws of Seph for the no-generator builds and Kekegi's Unbreakable Spirit for the extreme cooldown reduction builds. Andariel's is a blanket "good choice", but over the lifespan in the future in the game I think we will continue to see more movement towards extreme, focused item builds and less "goodstuff" items like Andariel's.

Except for SOJ, because that thing is bonkers.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I may be winding down on this game a bit. I just haven't gotten a damn thing worth mentioning in a good week. That would be fine if I were already near the high end of things, but I'm still pretty much stuck playing in Torment 1 with a bunch of rares equipped. This has been the same story since about a day or two after I hit 70 many weeks ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zefah-1313/hero/4085764

I have tons of gear that can up my survivabiity, but doing so causes my damage output to plummet, which isn't great in the first place. I have other items for Cold and Lightning builds, but everything I've tried has resulted in killing things taking longer than my current build.

It's just disappointing that I've seen so many legendaries drop now, but none of them have been any of the many "game changers" that exist. I think I'll keep playing until Dark Souls II is out on PC, but if the RNG keeps being so cruel, I think I'll find it hard to muster the desire to come back.

/rant

scy

It's just disappointing that I've seen so many legendaries drop now, but none of them have been any of the many "game changers" that exist. I think I'll keep playing until Dark Souls II is out on PC, but if the RNG keeps being so cruel, I think I'll find it hard to muster the desire to come back.

/rant

Clearly just need to play with Crusaders/Barbs with good gear and they can throw you stuff :x

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly just need to play with Crusaders/Barbs with good gear and they can throw you stuff :x

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I probably play solo 80% of the time or so and generally only do pickup groups when playing multiplayer.

Totakeke

Have been buying shields from Kadala non stop.

My results have been like...

1x Defender of Westmarch
5x Hallowed Bulwark
1x Hellskull
3x Ivory Tower
4x Jekangboard
2x Final Witness
2x Vo'Toyais Spiker
Sublime Conviction times infinity (probably more like 10)

Where's the Eberli Charo and Akarat's Awakening? Go away Sublime Conviction. :/

So among all those I'm using Hellskull. The removed penalty for Heavenly Strength is amazing. I'm actually running ahead of the group quite often now. Hellskull will probably be my go to shield unless I need more survivability which then I'll take Coven's Criterion. Final Witness and Jekangboard is also very good for the builds that use those skills. Shield Glare is one of the most spammable skills Crusaders have. If you were in high density rifts you probably could shield glare + final witness all day to generate enough wrath instead of using a wrath generator.

Swiftmount is also so fun. I don't think any other class can match Crusader's speed of running through the map with Swiftmount especially with a decent amount of CDR.

Jubbly

I need some help/advice please. Am up to Master difficulty on my Crusader, level 70, Paragon 26, but I have hit a wall in terms of damage. Basically, I haven't found anything better for my damage since I left Hard mode. I'm adventuring, doing the dailies, getting the rewards, killing all the Elites, but at best I find something with a fraction of a percent better damage.

Any ideas how I can improve? At present I'm grinding for gold to improve my gems because that's the only thing I can do.

scy

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I probably play solo 80% of the time or so and generally only do pickup groups when playing multiplayer.

Well, I do a lot of rift runs on my Crusader. scy#1745 if you ever want to.

Any ideas how I can improve? At present I'm grinding for gold to improve my gems because that's the only thing I can do.

Easier to tell with a profile link instead. Just from looking at the stats, though, I can't imagine it being hard to find damage upgrades as all your relevant damage stats seem super low.

Any ideas how I can improve?.
You just need better gear. Try to get a level 70 legendary in every slot, and then from there slowly start to replace those with even better legendarys while fine tuning your damage/survivability ratio.

You can probably get carried in T1 Rift public games. You will gear up fast this way while simultaneously getting some much needed paragon levels.

Jubbly

You just need better gear. Try to get a level 70 legendary in every slot, and then from there slowly start to replace those with even better legendarys while fine tuning your damage/survivability ratio.

You can probably get carried in T1 Rift public games. You will gear up fast this way while simultaneously getting some much needed paragon levels.

I tend to play Solo because the hours I'm not working are when most people are asleep. Would have thought in general though that going from Hard to Master would have made the game drop some better gear, but no matter how much I play it isn't giving me upgrades.

I tend to play Solo because the hours I'm not working are when most people are asleep. Would have thought in general though that going from Hard to Master would have made the game drop some better gear, but no matter how much I play it isn't giving me upgrades.

Not quite understand what you mean by this. There are plenty of people running public T1 rifts at any given time.

Normal-Master all drops the exact same gear. Torment 1 is where additional pieces are introduced into the loot tables.

MedIC86

I was wondering i currently sit at 1.3 (sheet dps, i have a lot of +cold modifiers as well) mln dps with my wizard, can i expect some big improvements in finding gear? or is it better to invest more time in other chars.

Rokam

Anyone happen to know how good the Shenlong's Spirit (Monk fist set) set bonus proc of "ball of pure energy" is? And what type of damage it is?

SoundLad

Anyone got suggestions for improving my wizard (for moving up to T3)? My wizard: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Neccro-2832/hero/1525902

My build works around hydra and ray of frost. Basically, I place the frost hydra where I'm going to be standing, get a 5 stack of AD and then just blast away with RoF. My head item gives the hydra ability to cast frost nova and RoF pierces through enemies due to the offhand. Solo I can kill T2 elite packs quite quickly (10 - 15 sec).

My main concern is survivability, I feel like I need more life on hit or something that gives me better hp regeneration. Any feedback is much appreciated!

My main concern is survivability, I feel like I need more life on hit or something that gives me better hp regeneration. Any feedback is much appreciated!
Life on hit is one of the worst stats in the game. If you want to feel somewhat tanky you need to stack all resists.

Piotrek

I have some strange ratio on my char.

10m toughness and 200k dmg.

Seems like everyone else has higher dmg, but much lower toughness.

EDIT: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fanboi-1639/hero/39986065

Any ideas to improve? Skills and whatnot.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable in the verses of Diablo 3 can correct me, but from what I gather:

Reroll everything you can into crit chance and crit dmg. That's the first step. Then try to get a possibly high elemental bonus to the element of your choosing and stick with it. This combined with bonuses to specific skills you're using will make a helluva difference. Also, from what I heard, the crit change to crit dmg ratio should be close to 1:10 for the most effectiveness and mitigation of the loss of attributes you could get instead. Big crit chance with shit crit dmg ain't worth the hassle.

I've got about 650K dmg in profile but also added (uncalculated) 19% to phys dmg and circa +14% to each of my most used skills. It really makes a difference between 'being okay' and going like a bulldozer on T1.

Oh, and do sacrifice the toughness. 5-6m is quite enough for a cautious mage.

cdyhybrid

Can anyone help me make some weapon choices? Have a 70 Crusader and a 70 Barb and 5 legendaries to choose from.

The list (click here for stats):
  • Jace's Hammer of Vigilance
  • Stalgard's Decimator
  • Griswold's Perfection
  • Scourge
  • Messerschmidt's Reaver

Don't have a build preference as far as playstyle or anything, but they're both fresh 70s with mostly crafted armor. These are up for rerolls, of course (except the Jace's Hammer, only thing to roll would be for a higher number of the same stat).

joesmokey

Anyone got suggestions for improving my wizard (for moving up to T3)? My wizard: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Neccro-2832/hero/1525902
You gear looks pretty good for the most part. I think you need to try to get more +elemental damage where you can and your rings look the weakest. I'm not sure if cold is different with your setup, but you shouldn't need to worry about having life per hit gear.

Try to get a ring like the Nagel Ring stats where you can re-roll the life per hit into something like crit hit chance.

Try to get an amulet with +elemental, +int, +crit chance and damage.

Try to get a helm with +elemental if you can (Andariel's, etc.).

Just make judgment calls and try not to rely purely on sheet dps. For example, compare your gear to mine:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/41640549

On paper, you have much higher sheet DPS and toughness than I do. However, with +elemental DPS bonuses factored in, take a look at the DPS breakdown:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/neccro-2832/Neccropop/1525902
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/aeglos7-1318/Aeglos/41640549

+Elemental damage obviously isn't the be all end all, but you should try to get it where you can.

(All of this is assuming of course you are trying to focus on faster damage, rather than gearing towards surviving out prolonged fights.)

fanboi

Banned
Maybe someone more knowledgeable in the verses of Diablo 3 can correct me, but from what I gather:

Reroll everything you can into crit chance and crit dmg. That's the first step. Then try to get a possibly high elemental bonus to the element of your choosing and stick with it. This combined with bonuses to specific skills you're using will make a helluva difference. Also, from what I heard, the crit change to crit dmg ratio should be close to 1:10 for the most effectiveness and mitigation of the loss of attributes you could get instead. Big crit chance with shit crit dmg ain't worth the hassle.

I've got about 650K dmg in profile but also added (uncalculated) 19% to phys dmg and circa +14% to each of my most used skills. It really makes a difference between 'being okay' and going like a bulldozer on T1.

Oh, and do sacrifice the toughness. 5-6m is quite enough for a cautious mage.

Thank you very much!

SoundLad

Thanks for the feedback joesmonkey and xDUMPWEEDx !

Wasn't aware that life on hit is now one of the worse stats, must still be in D3 vanilla mindset :)
I have a yellow amulet with 11% cold damage, 10% crit chance and 100% crit damage and ~550 int and thought the IAS with the legendary amulet would be a little better but will need to play around I guess.

Kyoufu

People use Andy's at higher Torments? I thought the fire damage penalty would be costly, plus set items would be just as good if not better in that slot.

joesmokey

Thanks for the feedback joesmonkey and xDUMPWEEDx !

Wasn't aware that life on hit is now one of the worse stats, must still be in D3 vanilla mindset :)
I have a yellow amulet with 11% cold damage, 10% crit chance and 100% crit damage and ~550 int and thought the IAS with the legendary amulet would be a little better but will need to play around I guess.
Life on hit can be marginally useful in group play with endless mobs. As a wizard though, typically they'll be dead within a couple of hits, trivializing the stat.

GorillaJu

Can anyone help me make some weapon choices? Have a 70 Crusader and a 70 Barb and 5 legendaries to choose from.

• Stalgard's Decimator
  • Griswold's Perfection
  • Scourge
  • Messerschmidt's Reaver

Don't have a build preference as far as playstyle or anything, but they're both fresh 70s with mostly crafted armor. These are up for rerolls, of course (except the Jace's Hammer, only thing to roll would be for a higher number of the same stat).

Scourge, imo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Andy's is great for sure, but it's not the de facto auto slot in 100% of the time. I look at it like I do ice climbers, yeah ice climbers pretty much beat out all other boots when just reading them, but sometimes you want to use set boots for bonuses, leap boots, or even a pair of fire walkers. Same deal with the head, many classes rely on that set piece and classes like WD have mask of jeram as BiS there.

But yeah, in general, I agree with you--itemization is really skewed to fire. We need some more fun lighting, cold, and poison items to compete with magefists/cindercoat. Even SoH arguably got beaten out by earthquake fire barbs at higher torments because of all the great +fire items and skills.

greenfish

Banned
A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III. The account action detailed below was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole. When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable to discuss the outcome of our investigation due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly and appropriate action taken on all accounts involved.

Account Action: 3 Hour Suspension

Offence: Obscene/Vulgar

The offense took place the 2th april 2014. In what world of blizzard is that recently?

I got disconnected the minute I joined, the remaining 2 hours was unplayable. I used the "F" word a few times in general chat. I'm not gonna argue the "guy" who reported me, what type of life he must have to find F word so offensive he needs to report someone for being pissed off.

But why did they give me a 3h suspension today? At first I thought of a backlog, but blizzard is actually quite fast to deal with ongoing reports. Yesterday I reported a player for harassing me in private because he was kicked from the game for not playing the game (sitting in town, collecting xp/gold when we did bounties). Today I got a 3h suspension of something that happened 3 weeks ago.....

Is it okay if I use the word frakk or will blizzard suspend me for that as well?

EDIT: I'm on europe bnet

I just realised in 2012 january something I used the word "f" related to a legendary, oh darn! Maybe they will file a police report now

• Stalgard's Decimator
  • Griswold's Perfection
  • Scourge
  • Messerschmidt's Reaver

Scourge since it already has a socket, but if you get a socket on Stalgard then give that a shot. The proc is really fun and very powerful. It procs nearly every time, it's basically free 331% weapon damage that hits multiple foes since it pierces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom