• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Scourge, imo

Scourge since it already has a socket, but if you get a socket on Stalgard then give that a shot. The proc is really fun and very powerful. It procs nearly every time, it's basically free 331% weapon damage that hits multiple foes since it pierces too.

Got it, thanks for answering! I assume Griswold's and whatever else I can scrounge up for my Barb? It seems like there aren't really any popular 2H Barb builds.

Scourge since it already has a socket, but if you get a socket on Stalgard then give that a shot. The proc is really fun and very powerful. It procs nearly every time, it's basically free 331% weapon damage that hits multiple foes since it pierces too.

scourge only procs once every 4 seconds it has an internal cooldown now so it's no good

KuroNeeko

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III. The account action detailed below was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole. When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable to discuss the outcome of our investigation due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly and appropriate action taken on all accounts involved.

Account Action: 3 Hour Suspension

Offence: Obscene/Vulgar

The offense took place the 2th april 2014. In what world of blizzard is that recently?

I got disconnected the minute I joined, the remaining 2 hours was unplayable. I used the "F" word a few times in general chat. I'm not gonna argue the "guy" who reported me, what type of life he must have to find F word so offensive he needs to report someone for being pissed off.

But why did they give me a 3h suspension today? At first I thought of a backlog, but blizzard is actually quite fast to deal with ongoing reports. Yesterday I reported a player for harassing me in private because he was kicked from the game for not playing the game (sitting in town, collecting xp/gold when we did bounties). Today I got a 3h suspension of something that happened 3 weeks ago.....

Is it okay if I use the word frakk or will blizzard suspend me for that as well?

EDIT: I'm on europe bnet

I just realised in 2012 january something I used the word "f" related to a legendary, oh darn! Maybe they will file a police report now

Don't use the "F" work in general chat and you won't get reported. Can't get suspended if you don't do anything wrong.

greenfish

Banned
Don't use the "F" work in general chat and you won't get reported. Can't get suspended if you don't do anything wrong.

Well yeah, but that's not the point here. I'm not allowed to use the F word in a mature rated game. A game where you slaughter millions of millions of people/monsters. A game where a succubus shows her nipples.

I'm just gonna disable public chat completly, wait maybe blizzard is spying on our friends chat as well. You think bilzzard will call the Police if I say this to my friend "f this leg"? I mean my crime is so severe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

15 rings from kadala today, still no SoJ. One day...

How the hell did you get enough blood shards to get 15 LEGENDARY rings from Kadala in one day? That's insane. And that's not even the less expensive items from her. Rifts after rifts for hours? Bounties give a crap number of blood shards.

XShagrath

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. It was 3 damn hours!

Hopefully you've learned your lesson and either no longer use general chat, or at least not curse in it.

IceMarker

I forgot to post this the other day, just decided to re-roll it, I keep getting Magefists and this one seems to be the most decent?

WK5R3Iv.png

Celegus

I forgot to post this the other day, just decided to re-roll it, I keep getting Magefists and this one seems to be the most decent?

Holy heck those are beautiful. Gonna have to start gambling gloves for my fire wiz! I can't complain though because I found an incredible SoJ yesterday with 20% fire and 30% elite.

DSmalls84

Switching over to a Witch Doctor yesterday made me realize how slow my Crusader was in rifts. With just a few hours worth of loot on my WD I could clear T1 Rifts about as fast as my Crusader. Probably going to switch to Witch Doctor for a while and hope they patch the Crusader skillset again at some point.

Azulsky

Monk questions(Lightning)

Is IAS kinda crap for proc weapons due to internal cooldowns(currently have Odyn + Fulm)?
Or rather should I be stopped at a certain ceiling?
Whats the thoughts on taking the stat hit on pants to use old Inna's with 9% IAS.

Im currently kinda screwed with OWE because im 1/2 fire and 1/2 lightning for a total of about 1k res all.

Its a pita when you are trying to nail both secondaries(res + globe bonus) and the mainstats

Im kinda trying to get Aughilds for the 3 piece bonus until i get more bits of Raiment of a Thousand Storms..

Still seems like that is a toss up on those set bonuses. You get armor and dodge out of the +500 dex with raiment but dodge is crap compared to getting direct % reduction out of aughilds

But that 500 dex and more lightning deeps tho...

Im also kinda lost on the popularity of the Captain Crimson set bonus. CDR only seems to be crazy relevant if you are using the SSS build right?

Tarazet

Monk has Gyana na Kashu for the Fire builds, Eye of the Storm for the Lightning builds, and The Laws of Seph for the no-generator builds and Kekegi's Unbreakable Spirit for the extreme cooldown reduction builds. Andariel's is a blanket "good choice", but over the lifespan in the future in the game I think we will continue to see more movement towards extreme, focused item builds and less "goodstuff" items like Andariel's.

Except for SOJ, because that thing is bonkers.

I have an Eye of the Storm and I don't see how it can be better than a great rolled Andariel's. Elemental damage + IAS + CHC on a hat is out of control.

Celegus

Are the "plain" legendaries you can craft ever worth it? Stuff like Pender's Purchase, they're just basic gloves +6 props, doesn't do anything special. I'm not really sure what the point of them is compared to rares with 6 props.

Azulsky

Are the "plain" legendaries you can craft ever worth it? Stuff like Pender's Purchase, they're just basic gloves +6 props, doesn't do anything special. I'm not really sure what the point of them is compared to rares with 6 props.

Legendaries can roll higher stats than rares. This really applies to your primary stat when it comes to gloves since AS,CD,CC are limited

BurningNad

Man, RNGesus must be mad at me or something. My friend who I okay with 90% of my time online got 26(!) legendary drops in our 7 hour session (including plans), while I got a whopping 5. And no plans. He swears it's the MF gem in his helmet. I don't think so...

What the hell.

ferr

Kadala was cool and gave me a Danetta's Revenge with a socket and black damage on it. Re-rolled hatred regen or something into +10% damage and it ended up at 2779 dps! Paired it with my k'mar tenclip and put +130% CHD gems in both.. it was like a 120k sheet damage upgrade. Previous setup was a 2670dps Windforce and an Archfiend with really nice rolls.

In testing, 2x 1h xbow = all the deeps. A+++ would recommend.

garath

Well my DH's streak of bad luck finally broke. I got a set piece helm (though kinda shitty rolls) and a legendary barbarian belt -_-. At least the legendaries are coming again. They were practically back to back. I'm guessing my legendary timer kicked in.

Kadala was cool and gave me a Danetta's Revenge with a socket and black damage on it. Re-rolled hatred regen or something into +10% damage and it ended up at 2779 dps! Paired it with my k'mar tenclip and put +130% CHD gems in both.. it was like a 120k sheet damage upgrade. Previous setup was a 2670dps Windforce and an Archfiend with really nice rolls.

In testing, 2x 1h xbow = all the deeps. A+++ would recommend.

Lucky bastard :p

ferr

Well my DH's streak of bad luck finally broke. I got a set piece helm (though kinda shitty rolls) and a legendary barbarian belt -_-. At least the legendaries are coming again. They were practically back to back. I'm guessing my legendary timer kicked in.

Was it Marauder's Visage or Nat's? Either way grats, Helm is probably the best place for either of the sets since it doesn't overlap with any BIS gear.

I still have a rare helm uggggh. I want either a set helm or pride's fall. Going to start farming for PF i think.

GJS

Is IAS kinda crap for proc weapons due to internal cooldowns(currently have Odyn + Fulm)?
Whats the thoughts on taking the stat hit on pants to use old Inna's with 9% IAS.

Im currently kinda screwed with OWE because im 1/2 fire and 1/2 lightning for a total of about 1k res all.

Its a pita when you are trying to nail both secondaries(res + globe bonus) and the mainstats

Im kinda trying to get Aughilds for the 3 piece bonus until i get more bits of Raiment of a Thousand Storms..

Still seems like that is a toss up on those set bonuses. You get armor and dodge out of the +500 dex with raiment but dodge is crap compared to getting direct % reduction out of aughilds

Im also kinda lost on the popularity of the Captain Crimson set bonus. CDR only seems to be crazy relevant if you are using the SSS build right?
You need CDR to keep epiphany up all the time too, and also for serenity if you want invulnerability most of the time. It is very useful.

garath

Was it Marauder's Visage or Nat's? Either way grats, Helm is probably the best place for either of the sets since it doesn't overlap with any BIS gear.

I still have a rare helm uggggh. I want either a set helm or pride's fall. Going to start farming for PF i think.

Maurader's. I'd bank it because it was not so pretty on the rolls but I already wear the boots so it gave me the 2 set bonus. I think I'm re-rolling the impale damage to CA damage and giving up the crit chance I used to have.

ezhfppr.jpg

That was my old helm and the new.

I want a pride's fall too :(

edit: I hate losing that crit chance though.. sigh

ferr

Maurader's. I'd bank it because it was not so pretty on the rolls but I already wear the boots so it gave me the 2 set bonus. I think I'm re-rolling the impale damage to CA damage and giving up the crit chance I used to have.

ezhfppr.jpg

Ouch that sucks. I'm using basically the same rare helm, locked into it. I've had a mempo and a couple other leg helms drop that were inferior for the same reason as that visage.

That's why I'm aiming for a pride's fall right now. It has guaranteed crit chance on it.. so you get the dex you need and the CC%. Just re-roll some other stat into CA and you're good. Also the legendary affix on PF is awesome.

Was it changed? Until recently I had been using it and the proc was ultra strong.

tried it on my crusader yesterday and the icd is 4 seconds and it's crap

told you in previous pages, almost evertything has long ICDs now and most items with procs that sound good or cool are now shit
no
fun
allowed

signed,
blizzard

Baliis

How the hell did you get enough blood shards to get 15 LEGENDARY rings from Kadala in one day? That's insane. And that's not even the less expensive items from her. Rifts after rifts for hours? Bounties give a crap number of blood shards.

Opening rifts for people in exchange for boss kills. I've blown through about 600 keys in the last two days so you can figure however many kills that is. Even more since I don't have to open every time.

The game is suddenly interesting again now that I'm playing a brand new character that has no gear at all. Almost every crap legendary is an upgrade. I give it 2 weeks before I'm back to being pissed off at the game.

Paches

I keep getting DH loot on my Monk. Just last night I got a Dead Man's Legacy and a Natalya's Bloody Footprint on the Monk. Why Blizzard, why.

Celegus

make a DH, problem solved

I keep hoping I'll find good gear for an alt, but I just keep finding more upgrades for my wizard. Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm not sure what to level up next since I don't have any decent gear waiting for them. Maybe WD since she can just steal the wizard gear.

Dahbomb

I have an Eye of the Storm and I don't see how it can be better than a great rolled Andariel's. Elemental damage + IAS + CHC on a hat is out of control.
Not sure about the guaranteed stats on it but if it can roll 30% Lightning, with LTK skill bonus and crit then it would be at least on par with Andy.

DSmalls84

The game is suddenly interesting again now that I'm playing a brand new character that has no gear at all. Almost every crap legendary is an upgrade. I give it 2 weeks before I'm back to being pissed off at the game.

Yeah in the same boat myself. Started gearing another character and it has renewed my interest at least for now.

Nokterian

Switching over to a Witch Doctor yesterday made me realize how slow my Crusader was in rifts. With just a few hours worth of loot on my WD I could clear T1 Rifts about as fast as my Crusader. Probably going to switch to Witch Doctor for a while and hope they patch the Crusader skillset again at some point.

I am using this pet build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ScYTdU!WRTV!YZYbca

Also mask of joram helps a lot and a bunch of fire damage affixes on gear. Doing bounty's and rifts are so damn easy with T1 doing this.

Witch Doctor is my favorite again. Since they buffed all pets it's more viable then before.

Boogdud

It really is amazing isn't it? The worst thing a serious crusader can do is "try" another character. Mostly because the only way to go is up in efficiency.

I think if they can focus on improved wrath generation, good single target dps skills and improving the passives (let's face it, over half of them seem like placeholders), the class would be in good shape.

Oh, and they need to add some ultra-high dps 1h flails. Because the class is already the slowest one in the game at killing things, and it's also the slowest moving class in the game because of the 15% penalty. Most of the times when my friends (with wiz and barbs) I feel like I'm just slowing the group down, both in damage and movement.

But yeah, my wd can kill stuff 100% faster than my crusader. He also has half the gear. The crusader takes 'gear dependent' to a new level.

DSmalls84

I am using this pet build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ScYTdU!WRTV!YZYbca

Also mask of joram helps a lot and a bunch of fire damage affixes on gear. Doing bounty's and rifts are so damn easy with T1 doing this.

Witch Doctor is my favorite again. Since they buffed all pets it's more viable then before.

Yeah I mained a Witch Doctor before the expansion. Already gambled an awesome Thing of the Deep, and now I'm starting to gamble for a Mask of Jeram. I think your link is broken though, it didn't take me to a build.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alright so I went back to my Crusader and I tried out a lightning build, I couldn't really figure out what to really put in it since Crusaders are a bit limited for lightning damage dealing offensive cool downs, Scy however recommended Charged Up + Phalanx Bowmen and it's hilarious fun makes the class kinda kitey.

I grew into the build it's a lot of fun actually.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/44068746

FotH - Fissure is delicious burst damage. The only issue I have with the build really is wrath generation, I could build reaper wraps maybe.

Also I feel oddly squishy when there are too many enemy aoe ground effects so I might have to consider running something defensive over Falling Sword - Part the Clouds, which I only really run as an initiator, depending on what I'm doing I'll swap it out for pony or akkarat so probably running steel skin in there isn't a bad idea.

It's a fun build but due to awkward wrath generation it can feel clumsy or slow at times.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1c0Ni9V8pE

Jade Harvester + Quetzalcoatl. Probably the strongest thing in this game.

FfXJobL.jpg

I was going to comment on another thread that they'll probably nerf the potential "remaining duration" that's applied, but apparently they already do that - it'll only use up to 40 seconds worth of damage with Creeping Death. So this is the "nerfed" version.

Saw a comment that Scourge has a 4 second internal cooldown now. Stalgard's definitely the better choice of the two.

Shifty76

Raiment SUCKS - I wouldn't even bother with it. Aughilds however is awesome, as is Blackthornes. I generally try for around 2 aps, though with Odyn being so slow I settled for 1.8 on it.

Discobird

ezhfppr.jpg

Personally I'd favor crit chance over CA damage for three reasons:

* CA:LFB often overkills trash on a crit so it's more important to crit more reliably than to squeeze a little bit of extra damage out of your CAs. (One reason I was a huge fan of Sharpshooter until they nerfed/fixed it so pets reset it all the time.)

* Also, if you have a high amount of crit damage (almost certainly the case if you're rocking two 1hers) or you already have CA damage on boots or quiver, the difference might not be as big as you think. For me, 6% crit is equivalent to about a 10% sheet DPS buff. I already have 12% CA damage on my boots, so if I were to add 15% on my helm the extra CA DPS would be 1.27/1.12 = a 13% gain, not a huge difference.

* CC is immune to potential CA nerfs

Nokterian

Discobird

Anybody here use a Cluster Arrow DH that can crit over 35 mil? Wondering why one of my friends can crit up to 45-60mil (edit: without belt buff) but I only do 30mil while her and I have similar gear, except I'm still working on getting fire % dmg on my Andariel's Visage.

Wolf buff? Strongarms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom