• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously think that they have intentionally made the drop rates higher for 2H legendary weapons higher than anything else, for what ever reason. It can't just be a coincidence at this point, it's as widespread as it gets.
I think I've found three 2H legendaries total
Butcher's Carver axe
Maloth's Focus staff
Crusbane mace

I've probably found like 50 to 75 legendaries so far. Either I'm getting lucky or you guys are getting bent over.

Actually I just realized a lot of my time spent was with a DH and Wizard so I'm assuming crappy 2H melee weaps aren't as high on the loot table compared to if I played my barb more.

With that said, I've been playing my Monk a lot too and she hasn't found any 2Hers, actually two Shenlong's fists. Overall I've been having a blast with the new legendaries, found a lot of really nice ones. I kinda want to make a screenshot collage of them lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got the Hearthstone expert cards from the CE?
Weeks off? As in more than one?
Isn't EVERYONE doing this?!

Ashodin

INC GIFS

Blessed Hammers!

aX5YCaJ.gif
c6oDw6H.gif

ZEAL

zealbaby8hsta.gif

Awww yeah baby Crusader time

Ashodin

This is the only gif that matters.

No way man! That GIF is LIES! They have two runes activated!

reddit said:
Apparently there has been a lot of false and misinformation about the guaranteed legendaries regarding the first kill and reset features in RoS. To make everyone aware, there is a blue post that outlines this perfectly on how it is going to work within the expansion. Here is the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12031313390?page=3#47
I've seen a lot of great questions being asked since Nevalistis posted earlier, so I'm going to address as many of them as I can. Thanks to everyone for asking all of these questions, since I'm sure a lot of your fellow Nephalem have been wondering the same thing.

First Kill Legendary Items

These will drop for characters from levels 1-59.
They will only drop from end of Act bosses (Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo, and eventually Malthael).
Characters below level 11 are unlikely to find Legendary items, because they have a minimum level requirement. Currently there are no Legendary items available below level 11.
Using the Reset Quest feature will reset the First Kill Legendary Item drops as well, but only for characters in the appropriate level range.

Reset Quest Bonus Legendary

Skeleton King dropping a Bonus Legendary was a bug that has been corrected, as it was not intended. We liked the idea, though, so we’ve gone ahead and added a Bonus Legendary to Diablo.
These are an intended bonus for maximum level characters. Currently there is a bug that allows characters levels 1-59 to receive a Bonus Legendary item in addition to the First Kill Legendary item when they kill Diablo, but this is not intended.
The Bonus Legendary is only available if you use the Reset Quest feature.
We plan on moving the Bonus Legendary to Malthael for players level 61+ when the expansion arrives. Additionally, Diablo will no longer drop a Bonus Legendary for players level 61+.

Hopefully this will completely clear up the misunderstanding of guaranteed legendaries in the expansion. No you will not get all act drop drops if you're under level 70. This still remains below level 60. No you will not get a guaranteed legendary from kill Diablo and Malthael at 70. It shifts from one to the other at level 61. And so on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CLARIFICATION:
I did NOT shit in my water and then drink it. A toilet in the water tower close to me exploded and shit got into all the drains in the city (we couldn't drink tap water for four days). Today, the news told me it's safe to drink the water but that you should let the water run to clear the pipes and shit.

I forgot to let the water run, I drank that shit raw.

I'm dead.

If it makes you feel better, myth busters confirmed fecal bacteria exists everywhere in your bathroom, including your toothbrush.

You've been dead for a while and didn't even know :0

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/fecal-matter-on-toothbrush.htm

Ok so I'm definitely going to get to 70 before fighting Malthael, even if that means having to farm a couple levels despite being at his door, although I think the progression curve will be balanced so that you're 70 or just about 70 by the time you get to him (assuming you don't play at carebear difficulty or something,
FILTHY CASUALS
).

garath

Oh wow. Ok. So no guaranteed legendary from Diablo 61+? Not going to reset my quests then. Just jumping right into Act III.

Firemind

But only one from hammers. The swords are from, uh, Falling Sword last rune (Flurry). Its an awesome CC skill with that rune, btw.

10% max in case you use Heavenly Strenght passive (2h weapon + shield).

You can't bypass the penalty with more movement speed? :lol

Tom Penny

It doesn't matter when he uses the Steed to move around anyway.

You can just spam it with no cooldown? I'd imagine that's ridiculous. People are fast at responding..yeah I think 25% movement is too slow..so I don't know If I can handle 10-15 personally.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
THAT HORRIBLE FEEL WHEN YOU CAN MAKE UP YOUR MIND IF THE FIRST THING YOU WANNA DO IS SEE THE NEW CONTENT OR CONVINCE A FRIEND TO POWER LEVEL YOUR CRUSADER ON DAY ONE.

Dahbomb

You can just spam it with no cooldown? I'd imagine that's ridiculous. People are fast at responding..yeah I think 25% movement is too slow..so I don't know If I can handle 10-15 personally.
You used to be able to spam it non stop especially if you decent Wrath regeneration.

You basically just killed a mob, Steed charge to next mob, kill them to build Wrath, Steed charge and repeat. Using this method the drawback of the movement speed was practically irrelevant as the Steed is not impacted by MS.

Shifty76

I think I've found three 2H legendaries total
Butcher's Carver axe
Maloth's Focus staff
Crusbane mace

I've probably found like 50 to 75 legendaries so far. Either I'm getting lucky or you guys are getting bent over.

Actually I just realized a lot of my time spent was with a DH and Wizard so I'm assuming crappy 2H melee weaps aren't as high on the loot table compared to if I played my barb more.

With that said, I've been playing my Monk a lot too and she hasn't found any 2Hers, actually two Shenlong's fists. Overall I've been having a blast with the new legendaries, found a lot of really nice ones. I kinda want to make a screenshot collage of them lol.

I've found probably 40 or so legendaries so far on my monk.

Of those, I've had 3 staves (one twice), a Skorn, two different 2H swords, 3 daibos, Messerschmidt's Reaver, and some 2H club. So yeah...right around 25% of my legendaries have been completely useless 2-handers.

Yoshichan

We've heard it's a little longer than Act 2.

And A2 is the longest, right? I'm not even sure, despite have played through them 13981739713 times.

CLARIFICATION:
I did NOT shit in my water and then drink it. A toilet in the water tower close to me exploded and shit got into all the drains in the city (we couldn't drink tap water for four days). Today, the news told me it's safe to drink the water but that you should let the water run to clear the pipes and shit.

I forgot to let the water run, I drank that shit raw.

I'm dead.

$5 says the stress does more harm than the water will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom