• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

crusader_by_adriandadich-d7a409s.jpg

Man, some of those RoS competition submissions are pretty fucking awesome. My favourite:

Circle of Reaper

This one o_0

Retribution

PvP was never introduced to D3 was it? I want to pick this up because it does look fun but I stopped playing D3 as I didn't really see anything to do once reach max level other then farm better gear, but no where to use the gear if that makes sense.

What do you guys/girls do after max?

Yeah there are so many extremely high quality fanart submissions.

As far as those Wing-Attachments go, I really don't know what people see in them. Since I own the D3 and HotS CE I've got them but from the very beginning I didn't really like em. It's just unfitting clutter in my eyes. Maybe with certain item combinations you can get a cool look, but otherwise it just doesn't seem to fit well with the classes designs to suddenly around with Kerrigan wings.

traveler

Not Wario
Zerg wings look cool on my barb and Tyrael Wings look very cool on my monk. Got them both. All the Blizzard C.E will be mine!

Can someone provide a cool wizard build if possible?

Not doable right now, but eagerly awaiting the day
probably 5 years from now :(
when I can pull off the multielemental master build in all its glory. Just need perfect rolled 4 piece Tal Rasha's (all except source), the community created Mephisto themed Shard of Hate, and Triumvirate. Getting 6 perfect drops at 70 with no trading seems easy...

Sarcasm aside, not actually sure what I'd use for the build itself. Probably something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcNijQ!RieY!YcZcaZ

Elemental exposure is practically built for this purpose. Pretty glass cannon esque build. Pull mobs into a black hole to proc arcane, then drop a hydra on them for fire, and spam frozen orbs for frost. Electrocute as needed for ap and the electric proc. Pity we can't do poison dmg to proc that shard ability.

Nokterian

Why does everybody care about wings? What's the big deal?

They look cool.

Not doable right now, but eagerly awaiting the day
probably 5 years from now :(
when I can pull off the multielemental master build in all its glory. Just need perfect rolled 4 piece Tal Rasha's (all except source), the community created Mephisto themed Shard of Hate, and Triumvirate. Getting 6 perfect drops at 70 with no trading seems easy...

Sarcasm aside, not actually sure what I'd use for the build itself. Probably something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcNijQ!RieY!YcZcaZ

Elemental exposure is practically built for this purpose. Pretty glass cannon esque build. Pull mobs into a black hole to proc arcane, then drop a hydra on them for fire, and spam frozen orbs for frost. Electrocute as needed for ap and the electric proc. Pity we can't do poison dmg to proc that shard ability.

Hm yes but i want a good wizard build at the moment for level 60 :p

traveler

Not Wario
They look cool.

Hm yes but i want a good wizard build at the moment for level 60 :p

Electrocute/Frozen Orb is still a good build basis right now. (Unless Frozen Orb has been "fixed" since last I played- hasn't been patched yet, has it?) Teleport, magic weapon, an armor, and a familiar round out the build in the most cookie cutter, stock way possible. It's not particularly flashy nor necessarily fun (unless you really love spamming frozen orb) but it gets the job done and isn't particularly dependent on any one piece of gear.

valeo

Servers for Aussies/NZers confirmed. Means we can finally play hardcore.

Think this'll be what brings me back..still not sure about BoA though.

ZenaxPure

What do you guys/girls do after max?

I understand your complaint, which is why I like paragon and the monster power system. Monster power always meant that you will have a harder game ahead of you until you get very specific pieces of gear with really good stats, and paragon levels means you always have something to work for. In addition the ladder system will get around this since you will be able to do a fresh start every few months (or whatever time frame they decide to go with) which is a way to keep things fresh.

Personally I don't have that problem since my "end game" has always been killing shit (which better gear lets you do faster), but, if you are worried about some sort of end game thing where you make "use" of your gear outside of killing things faster then you are mostly out of luck.

Mayyhem

Okay so I went to pre-purchase RoS, and I clicked the $39.99 for Paypal. But it brought me to some error page after that was done. So, thinking it obviously didnt go through, I went and tried again, same deal. I go into my email and now I have two separate payment authorization emails for the $39.99 RoS...

What should I do? Dispute? Or will this cancel itself out or something (how can I even have two of the same game on my account anyways)

Svafnir

Okay so I went to pre-purchase RoS, and I clicked the $39.99 for Paypal. But it brought me to some error page after that was done. So, thinking it obviously didnt go through, I went and tried again, same deal. I go into my email and now I have two separate payment authorization emails for the $39.99 RoS...

What should I do? Dispute? Or will this cancel itself out or something (how can I even have two of the same game on my account anyways)

Send a ticket to Blizzard.

Submit a ticket

Uthred

The three packs for Hearthstone were a nice little bonus, though as if to mirror my ingame loot luck I got absolute shit out of them

Submit a ticket
I submitted a ticket through the site when I ended up with a double charge and had it taken care of no problem.

Fun fact: If you buy something in a different region, you have to submit a ticket via that region's website. Even though it's the same login, their payment systems are completely separate. Learned that when I went to give an EU player a pet for Warcraft. Also, if you try buying something for another region, it'll automatically get declined unless you contact them ahead of time and let them know you're purchasing as a gift. Apparently they have to flag your account so it knows it's okay for it to go ahead with the transaction.

Flipyap

Mmmm Black Feather with The Ravens Wing. Invisible ink everything else... hawt.

*lubs her Hollywood-style demon hunter*
Could definitely use some kind of flamboyant feather hat, but that does sound fun.
If there's one constant that frustrated me about Diablo 3 since day one, it's how hard it is to keep my Demon Hunter looking good, and 2.0's focus on legendaries only made it harder to achieve a cohesive look. Can't wait to have a word or two with the mystic.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Don't dispute, take the other people's advice.

Disputing charges from Blizzard can result in your account being frozen until the dispute is solved.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Never played Hearthstone or a game like it but I'm downloading it now. Might as well try it at least once with my free cards.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Never played Hearthstone or a game like it but I'm downloading it now. Might as well try it at least once with my free cards.

Win three games and you'll get a free mount for WoW as well
if you're into those kinds of things.

ZenaxPure

THEY CAUGHT YOU IN THEIR TRAP!!!!!!!!

Really though, Hearthstone is a ton of fun, so it's cool to get some packs for it even though I typically only do enough constructed to play in the arena.

xero273

oh blizzard :( preorder using credit card. get error please reload page. saw post here about double charge so I stopped and didn't submit my order again and went to my bank and see the charge for RoS. good thing I didn't order again

oh blizzard :( preorder using credit card. get error please reload page. saw post here about double charge so I stopped and didn't submit my order again and went to my bank and see the charge for RoS. good thing I didn't order again

wow, that's pretty messed up. hopefully they can fix it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Win three games and you'll get a free mount for WoW as well
if you're into those kinds of things.

I played WoW hardcore for over 5 years, I'm well and truly done with that game :D

Finished all the tutorial games, I love the design and humour but the game didn't excite me, it was OK but not sure it's something I'd get into. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Uthred

Well, vitality is for extra life and strength is for your DPS, obviously. So do you want more life or more DPS? Depends on your build/gear, I guess.

From the sounds of it Crusaders seem hardy enough already so I'll probably go Strength, presumably the XP bonus doesnt stack? (Not sure if I could face farming another set of organs anyhow)

Artanisix

From the sounds of it Crusaders seem hardy enough already so I'll probably go Strength, presumably the XP bonus doesnt stack? (Not sure if I could face farming another set of organs anyhow)

unique equipped, can't equip more than one.

might be able to equip a level 60 and level 70 version though, not sure

Talon

It's certainly the one that slogs the most.
I think Act 1 is the longest.

You know, having played the whole campaign again twice, I think the second half of Act II - once you get past the desert - is pretty good. It's just that the first half is dreadfully slow.

Vodh

I think Act 1 is the longest.

You know, having played the whole campaign again twice, I think the second half of Act II - once you get past the desert - is pretty good. It's just that the first half is dreadfully slow.

My man, preach the truth! Death to the hidden footprints, long live Zoltun Kulle!

Ceebs

YES! Got my STR Hellfire Ring for the Crusader tonight. 7 Machines to get all the parts.

So I have a Hellfire Ring, Leorics Signet, and a full set of Cane's Fate ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom