• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried melee DH last night, pretty cool. And no I'm not jumping on a bandwagon, I made a second DH almost 2 years ago specifically to have a non-bow user I just never got around to it so I'm just sort of jumping on a bandwagon :p

Gonna stack resource cost reduction like a mofo one I hit 70

Leckan

629.gif

There's this though.

Ashodin

Tried melee DH last night, pretty cool. And no I'm not jumping on a bandwagon, I made a second DH almost 2 years ago specifically to have a non-bow user I just never got around to it so I'm just sort of jumping on a bandwagon :p

Gonna stack resource cost reduction like a mofo one I hit 70

Not even brave enough to join the Order? For shame.

Kadin

So who's rolling a Crusader right when the expansion launches and who is taking their existing character(s) to 70 first? I'm really torn on which way to start. I want to do both so bad, it's gonna be really hard to choose.

garath

So who's rolling a Crusader right when the expansion launches and who is taking their existing character(s) to 70 first? I'm really torn on which way to start. I want to do both so bad, it's gonna be really hard to choose.

Going new content first. I want more loots for my DH and want to see the new areas. I am so sick of the current acts.

tci

Just did Diablo on Torment VI with 3 friends of mine. Took about 30 min, but we did it.. One hell of a fight. At a few points only 1 was alive to resurrect us.

We had 2 monks so we used exploding palm on the clones. So that Diablo could take massive damage. Hard to get it right in the chaos though.

Demon Hunter (me), Barbarian, 2 monks.

Here my char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TCi-2738/hero/2769359

Kssio_Aug

How I am not expecting that much the Crusader, I prefer to level up my Wiz to 70 and try to get some nice legendaries!
After that I may try to out every char at 70. I always have more fun playing as Wiz, and besides the Crusader seems cool, that facto will hardly change.

The bounties, act V and its random maps, adventure mode and the item reroll and morphs is what I am expecting the most!

mileS

eh. I think people are underestimating how good a 1hand weapon will be with a Crusader. It's not like you NEED that passive by any means.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Diablo Science Time:

Unity Ring + Shield. What happens?

Say there are 4 crusaders with 100% block chance (to make the math easier) and 25k block amount. They take a 100k damage AoE.

A: The block check is applied before the split. 100k reduced to 75k, then split. 300k damage taken by group.

B: Block check applied after the split. 100k split to 4x25k, which are individually blocked. 0 taken by group.

C: Block check is applied on incoming damage and also the split damage. Could reduce a 125k AoE to 0 instead.

Ashodin

Diablo Science Time:

Unity Ring + Shield. What happens?

Say there are 4 crusaders with 100% block chance (to make the math easier) and 25k block amount. They take a 100k damage AoE.

A: The block check is applied before the split. 100k reduced to 75k, then split. 300k damage taken by group.

B: Block check applied after the split. 100k split to 4x25k, which are individually blocked. 0 taken by group.

C: Block check is applied on incoming damage and also the split damage. Could reduce a 125k AoE to 0 instead.

Sound OP!

Raticus79

Sound OP!

I was thinking about this one last night. Unity's basically useless vs AoE attacks that hit all 4 members, since it just shuffles the damage and the total dealt is still the same. If block works with it, then it's a game changer. I'm expecting it's probably going to be B.

There are a lot of Crusader abilities that trigger when blocking, so 4x the block opportunities could be pretty OP as well. (e.g. life on block with a passive, cooldown reduction on block with a legendary shield...)

Baliis

I was thinking about this one last night. Unity's basically useless vs AoE attacks that hit all 4 members, since it just shuffles the damage and the total dealt is still the same. If block works with it, then it's a game changer. I'm expecting it's probably going to be B.

There are a lot of Crusader abilities that trigger when blocking, so 4x the block opportunities could be pretty OP as well. (e.g. life on block with a passive, cooldown reduction on block with a legendary shield...)

I'd imagine each blocks individually, then whatever damage left over is split. How many big aoes are there that hit all members of a party anyways, aside from everyone being bad and standing in frozens or something?

Raticus79

I'd imagine each blocks individually, then whatever damage left over is split. How many big aoes are there that hit all members of a party anyways, aside from everyone being bad and standing in frozens or something?

Oh, there's lots of unavoidable damage to go around. Same math applies to 4 characters standing apart who are taking separate sources of similar amounts of damage, or even when just splitting a single incoming attack.

They just fixed a bug where a player wearing an Arcane absorb amulet would kill the other player by standing in the beam, since the damage was split and then the absorb was considered afterward. That's why I think the block stuff is worth checking.

jasonng

I'm reluctant to share my barb seeing how dps hungry a lot of you guys are but I need some advice on how to improve him.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jason-1393/hero/39798155

I'm assuming my DPS is lower than the average barb player but I like a tank because it caters to the way I play him. I love leaping into the middle of a mob, pop rend and spam the hell out of revenge and earthquake. I never die in T1 but I noticed in T2 that it takes me a while for me to mow down my enemies. That is unless I'm earthquaking or going berserk. I'm reducing the cooldowns as much as I can but those moments in between skills makes me a little nervous.

So far the equipment I'm finding that improve my DPS causes me to sacrifice more toughness than I gain. Is it worth taking that hit? Any tips would be helpful.

Ashodin

I'm hype over the prospects of new legendaries used in new ways.

conweller

Neo Member
Pretty sure act 1 is the longest.

I can consistently complete every act except for Act 1 in less than 30 minutes, so I agree. Although I'm also terrible about remembering the layouts of some of the dungeon levels in A1 for some reason. Act 2 seems the fastest for me unless you get unlucky with the desert.

DH is just so great for speed running the game.

DustinC

Got my first Inna set piece today, it's not great but I'll take it.

liNrX7B.jpg

Puts my total set pieces since 2.0 up to 5. 1 shy of the 4 piece bonus on Blackthorne, but I've got little use for the set on my Monk.

Nokterian

My bf has the zerg wings, I still don't think they hold a candle to my glowy angel wings. Maybe they look better on male characters.

Zerg wings look cool on my barb and Tyrael Wings look very cool on my monk. Got them both. All the Blizzard C.E will be mine!

Can someone provide a cool wizard build if possible?

Raticus79

Zerg wings look cool on my barb and Tyrael Wings look very cool on my monk. Got them both. All the Blizzard C.E will be mine!

Can someone provide a cool wizard build if possible?

Left click: electrocute / charged blast
Right click: ray of frost / sleet storm
Frost Nova with the rune for crit chance if 5 targets hit
Magic Weapon: Ignite
Familiar: Cannoneer
Armour of your choice. I use pinpoint barrier.

Conflagration
Cold Blooded
Arcane Dynamo

Run with a Cyclone Strike monk and put points into Area Damage.

In RoS, add the passive that gives 5% per elemental damage type dealt.

I call it "Sleet storm turret". One of these in a party adds about 50% group damage. It doesn't stack with more wizards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom