• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogawa-san

I still don't get all that UI stuttering, like when opening your bags sometimes or clicking someone else's achievement. I'm running it from a SSD, it shouldn't be an issue.

potam

Banned
just lost my first real character. it was to a dumb death (sucked into explosion) :( RIP in peace nearly 3.2k dps warmonger

cdyhybrid

Game is just taunting me now. Dumped thousands of shards trying to get Thundergod's Vigor, I'm pretty sure I've seen every legendary belt except TGV. And now I just got TWO Inna's belts and some trash leg gloves in the same rift. BLIZZAAAARRRRRDDDDDDD

Dahbomb

Game is just taunting me now. Dumped thousands of shards trying to get Thundergod's Vigor, I'm pretty sure I've seen every legendary belt except TGV. And now I just got TWO Inna's belts and some trash leg gloves in the same rift. BLIZZAAAARRRRRDDDDDDD
You got Witching Hour too?

Witching Hour is probably the rarest Belt in the game. It's the only Belt I haven't seen.

I always see questions about what items can drop in Torment only and what cannot drop from Horadric Caches or Kadala.

So I made this quick list.
You need to look at the Nat's Chest again. It says Nat's but on the side it's showing information for Sunwoko's set (links to the other Sunwoko's gear).

scy

Some guy I played with had a blessed shield build with Jekang Board and Gyrfalcon's Foote and it was ridiculous. Guy was soloing T4 rifts with me and my friend just tagging along, being relatively useless (I tried to help but he was melting things before I could do anything significant)

It's pretty fun. I wish my two were better as those (+ a good Holy SoJ) will probably put me into T5 if not T6. Or I can just get Akkhan's.

So basically it's never happening.

I was trying to get one this weekend,but then got a Harrington's Waistgaurd and was like "yeah, that's probably better until they nerf it". Then again I do rifts almost exclusively solo where that item shines.

Getting tired of the unoptimized performance. Having a GTX780 and when there is a lot density on screen the whole game cripples. Even clan chat with all those legendary's are slowing everything down.

Oh man, such a relief to see I am not the only one. I was beginning to question the stability of my card.

GTX780TI and having frame drops as low as 15fps. I have tried a few things from a very old reddit thread but nothing has helped. I haven't tried changing any audio options though as mentioned on this page so I will give that a shot tonight. Willing to try anything at this point!

I've had a relatively "good" streak in rifts. 5 legendaries within the last 2 hours. But they have been some of the worst legndaries I've seen. Ever. Ugh.

dengatron

i've been bored lately so i'm now just walking around in normal rifts with all the speed boosts i can get. i'm getting like 9 legendaries an hour. i don't even want marauders or nats anymore so, at least i get blood shards..

jblank83

Oh man, such a relief to see I am not the only one. I was beginning to question the stability of my card.

GTX780TI and having frame drops as low as 15fps. I have tried a few things from a very old reddit thread but nothing has helped. I haven't tried changing any audio options though as mentioned on this page so I will give that a shot tonight. Willing to try anything at this point!

No, it's not you.

I have an r9 290 with a 2500k overclocked to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram (8 GIGABYTES OF RAM), as well as Windows 7 and Diablo 3 both installed completely to a solid state drive. I get ridiculous frame drops in very specific places. This is after setting audio channels to low, physics to low, and adding the entire Diablo 3 folder to my antivirus exception list (none of the Diablo files will be scanned while loading, thus no slowdown from the antivirus program).

As I mentioned, I know exactly where these drops will occur. It is in very specific parts of certain levels, such as the Bridge of Korisk (or whatever it's called). Usually there is some sort of heavy fire based or lava particle effect in the background or foreground.

It's just poor optimization on Blizzard's part.

Nokterian

Yeah they need to increase performance also the ability to not see each legendary in chat clan for example. Also support 120/144hz screens. And since patch 2.0.1 i heard that forcing v-sync through nvidia inspector is also not working anymore.

No, it's not you.

I have an r9 290 with a 2500k overclocked to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram (8 GIGABYTES OF RAM), as well as Windows 7 and Diablo 3 both installed completely to a solid state drive. I get ridiculous frame drops in very specific places. This is after setting audio channels to low, physics to low, and adding the entire Diablo 3 folder to my antivirus exception list (none of the Diablo files will be scanned while loading, thus no slowdown from the antivirus program).

As I mentioned, I know exactly where these drops will occur. It is in very specific parts of certain levels, such as the Bridge of Korisk (or whatever it's called). Usually there is some sort of heavy fire based or lava particle effect in the background or foreground.

It's just poor optimization on Blizzard's part.

Same exact setup as you (but with a 290x and Win 8.1) and wow does it drop when magma is flying everywhere.

SaiyanRaoh

I'm trying the suicidal (for me anyway) Boulder Toss build. And it's the most fun I've had yet and I don't die as often as you'd think. Once I get in a groove I kinda fly through some of these rifts. I'm playing on T1. What can I change on my build here to squeeze a bit more fury generation out?

My healing is at 12k yet the profile reports 1100. So pay no mind to that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raouh-1774/hero/637341

RDreamer

Anyone else playing multiple characters? I mostly main Monk. He's up to T3, about, and I've put most time into him, but I also have a Demon Hunter and Crusader geared up for about T1 or T2 now. I just got my Witch Doctor to 70 and he's probably not quite T1 yet, but that shouldn't take long.

It's really nice when you think you've hit one of those plateaus to be able to pick another character that can get some good upgrades. My monk basically just needs a few of the really really rare legendaries to improve much, so I took out my DH this weekend and she's been getting really exciting drops.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
i can basically say the same for any rpg game, u can basically simplify anything, ok lets do raids what for ? to fully equip my char then what ?

every rpg/mmo suffers from fuck all to do when your fully geared up unless u wanna tear the place up (which lets face it why wouldnt you ? you just spent hundreds of hours/ money getting to that point to just say fuck it im done ? )

Very true, I honestly think I may have began burning myself out. When you start plateauing on gear it kills your enjoyment a bit ;_;

My "Vengeful King" Build is nearly complete!!

I'm basically going for a Barbarian build where I have heaps of pets following me around doing extra DPS and argoing mobs. At the moment I have the 2 Shadow warriors from the Haunt of Vaxo Amulet, all 3 followers from the Set Bonus on Ashera's gear and just waiting for the final and best part of the build which is 3 guys from The Call of the Ancients stay untill they are killed. I only need to find one more piece of Immortal King's gear for this.....hopefully I find the Belt or the Helm.

Currently loving this Expansion but there is way more they could've done with the Nepahlem Rifts. It should be much more randomized and more variety. Like 1 huge Goblin boss that drops treasure the more you smash him but he also does crazy damage or leaves behind damaging fire trails, lol...i dunno that was just off the top of my head....anything except the boring rifts we are currently getting. The Bounty system is good though and the new gear crafting is exceptional. Just need more variety and there should be way more variety on gear. Currently the only thing seperating one piece of Legendary gear from another is the special proc it might have. There should be gear with no stats at all just a whole bunch of procs and other stuff like that.

My gamertag is stryker#6870

Dahbomb

With all the blue posts lately I'm betting on 2.1 coming out early May.
What Blue posts? That seems wishful thinking to be honest. I don't expect 2.1 until like June. They said it would take a couple months for 2.1.

Went to the forums and checked out the blue posts... they confirmed that Blade of Prophecy in fact only procced two times alway (they never changed it). They will probably change the tooltip though in the future:

Alright, folks. Here's the follow up:

Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped. This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)

No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

Just as an FYI, I've already passed along the feedback regarding BoP's tooltip and the relevant secondary affix being somewhat misleading/confusing. :)

Oh man this quote got me interested:
I don't have details on exact changes to share at this time, but it's likely you'll see some skills, and not just for the Barbarian, shift around their elemental type in a future patch.

They REALLY need to change some skills on the Monk Element wise. If they made a Fire version of Wall of Light it might actually get used!

Dahbomb

Also they are asking for feedback on Rifts:

Please feel free to free-form your answer. If you’re not sure where to begin, though, I’ve provided some questions below.

1) Does the atmosphere in a Rift influence how exciting or not exciting it feels? If yes, what Rift environments feel exciting to you? And which ones don’t?

2) Do certain monster groups feel more or less engaging?

3) Are there any mechanics from other parts of the game that you feel would make Rifts feel more exciting? If yes, what are those mechanics?

4) What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?

1) Atmosphere doesn't really matter to me, it's random so it keeps changing. Some areas are darker, some are brighter and that's fine.

2) Yeah there are some Rifts that spawn those Shadow vermins and Demons only. These are really disappointing Rifts which only spawn one type of blues and a yellow pack that only has the boss, no minions. It's only two types of enemies as well. Very boring and low yield Rift most of the time... very non engaging as well.

Enemy variety hasn't really been an issue but I would like to see more Goblin Rifts. One particular Rift Guardian boss I like is the multiple Golem fight. I feel like there should be Rift bosses that have more than one bosses to fight.

3) I would like to see Cursed Chests/Shrines make it into Rifts. They are fun distractions in the environments and help you get your kill count up for Bounties. Would be useful to get the kill counter up in the Rifts as well. I would also like more special events inside Rifts and they be more frequent (like the Cow Rift or the Pony level). I wouldn't mind seeing some events like Jar of Souls or certain Unique monsters showing up in Rifts either.

4) The number one difference between an exciting Rift and a boring one is Elite density. I love the huge maps with 25+ Elite packs in them... they are thrilling and make Rifts worth doing outside of just getting loot. I also like Rifts with a bunch of Goblins in them or ones with Conduits. I do not like maps that are long winded with like 2-3 enemies every 50 yards or so.

On top of that I would like to add that I want to see the following changes to Rifts (if possible):

*Rift Guardians should just guarantee Forgotten Souls at this point.
*Rift Guardians have a higher chance of dropping Torment exclusive Set pieces.
*Rift Guardians give more Blood Shards for every additional difficulty increase.
*More types of events in Rifts (like Cow Rift).
*New Rift exclusive monster affixes.

Ogawa-san

I totally expect +%elemental damage effectiveness to be towed down, but type shifting with so many people (everyone?) geared towards a certain type is asking for trouble.

Svafnir

Also where did that Rift post come from? I can't seem to find it on the official forums, I love the idea they are looking into improving them though. They can be a bit boring right now.

Dahbomb

Also where did that Rift post come from? I can't seem to find it on the official forums, I love the idea they are looking into improving them though. They can be a bit boring right now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506212100?page=3#43

Pretty much everyone has been saying the following:

High density Elite Rifts = Good
Low density Rifts = Bad

It would be hilarious if in the next patch Blizzard says:

"We didn't think the density of some of the Rifts was meaty enough.........

SO WE DOUBLED IT!"

scy

I totally expect +%elemental damage effectiveness to be towed down, but type shifting with so many people (everyone?) geared towards a certain type is asking for trouble.

I mean, why would they? There's no real reason to lower their effectiveness. Stacking them over everything else is also a bad idea for gearing.

Svafnir

I love pylons and the odd goblin pack. I think it would be awesome if more insane Cursed Chests could spawn in them also.

Also I wish there was a way to guarantee the cow rift. Something like 50 rift fragments = cow level or whatever.

The increased chance at legendary items and guaranteed forgotten soul helps. But they do sometimes feel unrewarding. But that might be fixed with tiered rifts.

Totakeke

I love pylons and the odd goblin pack. I think it would be awesome if more insane Cursed Chests could spawn in them also.

Also I wish there was a way to guarantee the cow rift. Something like 50 rift fragments = cow level or whatever.

The increased chance at legendary items and guaranteed forgotten soul helps. But they do sometimes feel unrewarding. But that might be fixed with tiered rifts.

Cow rift was nothing special aside from the novelty.

Dahbomb

It's hard to give suggestions without knowing their plans for Tiered Rifts.

It would be awesome to have an endless Rift where each Rift level goes up in difficulty... if you die you spawn in Town and can't enter it again. Each level increases Legendary loot drop rate by like 50% or something (currently each Torment level only increases by 15%). Eventually you will be at like Rift level 10 and it would be the equivalent of Torment 10 but you would be getting a Legendary every other Elite pack or something.

I feel your pain

Was away from the game for a while due to a vacation after busy season. Had a bunch of drops (all to be salvaged but w/e still getting drops), coming in at a good rate and get 3 set pieces. All 3 blackthornes, 2 of which I had. Come on Blizz ;_;

ZenaxPure

I'm getting close to having done 600 rifts and I still haven't seen a cow rift, it's completely ridiculous. But anyway, I don't think rifts are boring really (it's the opposite really, I'm currently refilling my fragment stash and bounties are boring the shit out of me for numerous reasons), but, I would still like some changes to be made.

The biggest thing to me is how levels do not pick enemy types at random, this is really bothersome. Instead of just picking some enemy types and tossing them into that level it's pretty clear the game picks from sets of enemies. I don't understand why anyone thought that was a good idea. On that same note I really hate how the game will use ANY map for a rift level. Getting maps from places like the towers or the town before the spider cave is depressing. My favorite part about rifts is seeing the crazy shit that can happen with the maps (such as an Oasis map that turned left from the start instead of right and then formed a spiral to the exit) so it's annoying.

That said, I'd also like to see events inside rifts as well, I'm honestly surprised they don't have cursed shrines/chests by default. Seems so obvious.

idlewild_

Wtf lol gotta try that

Look for miser's will in act 5 as well, the house is usually really close to the entrance. All you do is run in and open up the 3 chests inside, If you choose the wrong one a trap is set off but there's enough time to open all 3 before the trap kills you even on T6. The chest drops quite a bit of loot too. Make sure to click on the corpse of the miser before you try opening a chest, he drops 50-100k gold.

Using Miser/Miner on T6 you can get from 1-70 in under 3 hrs.

Totakeke

There is a special Jar of Souls type event in Cow Rifts that gives a large amount of Gold and Experience for each one you kill. You may have missed it, it can spawn on of the 10 floors.

Even so, pay 50 rift fragments to farm gold and experience? Unless we're talking about millions and multiple paragon levels, I don't think this is something worth time implementing. Last one I went in had 10 floors and the mob density is average to poor.

Nista

Anyone getting really horrendous lag?

My brother and I have been getting it all weekend and it's especially bad tonight.l

Yeah I've been seeing the lag and even sometimes rubber banding both at home and at work for the past couple of days. It made T3 rifts pretty miserable as a DH. Going to stick to t1-2 until it clears up.

I'm trying to figure out if a Buriza/bola quiver + 4 piece marauder build is feasible, and what other pieces to get to compliment it. I really like my animal pack, so I need to find complimentary pieces but still maintain the fire damage for piercing Bolas and CA.

Anyone seen a higher torment build using these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom