• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of tech problems, I was planning to grab all 4 anti-element amulets in hopes of swapping them when an elite comes around.

However, I notice this massive LAG when I open the inventory during fights. It can lag up to 5 seconds. What gives?!

Any solution to this?

Dahbomb

Speaking of tech problems, I was planning to grab all 4 anti-element amulets in hopes of swapping them when an elite comes around.

However, I notice this massive LAG when I open the inventory during fights. It can lag up to 5 seconds. What gives?!

Any solution to this?
This happens to me a lot (actually every time I open inventory). Really problematic when switching to Nemesis bracers to spawn the Elite from shrines.

stufte

Got this thing today. Finally I don't have to run like a wuss when those purple lasers start spawning.

m9xAAOW.png

Dahbomb

Is this legit? Patch 2.0.5 notes, double socket for 2 handlers, better loot for torment, 100% increase rift bonus now aplyed across the board, etc!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506541848

100% bull shit.

Some of those either don't make sense or would take a lot of chances to implement (mostly balance). Like if they added in double socket for 2Handers that would really skewer the balance of the game.

And the Rift bonus to Legendary find applying outside would make Rifts not worth doing again. I am pretty sure Blizzard wants Rifts to be the most efficient way to farm.

Dahbomb

Some of those I would like to have though. I think double socket on 2H is something that should be considered with the appropriate change to Heavenly Strength of course.

I also want those Mystic changes. Having to put in gems to re-roll Rings is such an inconvenience.

Dec

Anyone getting really horrendous lag?

My brother and I have been getting it all weekend and it's especially bad tonight.l

Yep every time I've tried to play the past 4 or so days. Feels pretty bad with rubber banding and consistent 100ms ping. Not really acceptable. Pretty sure the lowest ping I've ever had is around 80ms which is poor.

Some of those I would like to have though. I think double socket on 2H is something that should be considered with the appropriate change to Heavenly Strength of course.

I also want those Mystic changes. Having to put in gems to re-roll Rings is such an inconvenience.

If they were going to buff 2H so hard they wouldn't have just buffed every Crusader ability.

Dahbomb

If they were going to buff 2H so hard they wouldn't have just buffed every Crusader ability.
That particular 2H buff doesn't really benefit Crusader that much. He's saying that Heavenly Strength shouldn't count the bonus from the 2nd gem slot (so it would be the exact same as it is now).

In any case this is of course 100% BS... I am just entertaining that idea of buffing 2Hs that way.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Has the game been extremely laggy for the last few days or is this an issue on my end?

edit: nevermind. I read above. its not me

D3's connection has always been shit for me. Fuck ton of random 900ms spikes and 200-300ms during peak hours.

Figured it was my connection but speedtests seemed fine and my connection on WoW was okay as well.

scosher

So I'm not sure which ring is better:

3hUdp1e.jpg

I lose about 100k dps (from 527k to 425k) on paper going with the SoJ, but that's not accounting for the 19% cold dmg, and the 30% dmg against Elites. Using primarily a Frozen Orb build, with Black Hole - Absolute Zero rune to increase it further, which is better?

scosher

Why didn't you roll the armor to crit? You goofed up there buddy.

That Rare ring is a perfect trifecta though.

Yeah definitely. I got the SOJ awhile back and I think it rolled +fire dmg first, but I wanted cold, so rerolled it. Should've rerolled the armor and just saved it for an off-build. Dumb mistake.

JCizzle

Yeah, I would want most of them to be honest. Even fake notes can have good ideas.

Strider

Yep every time I've tried to play the past 4 or so days. Feels pretty bad with rubber banding and consistent 100ms ping. Not really acceptable. Pretty sure the lowest ping I've ever had is around 80ms which is poor.

100ms is a bad ping for you? When things are going good for me I'm a consistent 120ms :(

Dec

100ms is a bad ping for you? When things are going good for me I'm a consistent 120ms :(

100ms is pretty terrible. I am under 40ms in Dota and even Runescape. Always thought 75ish was the tipping point in games where ping matters but I guess if it's always been this slow it probably seems acceptable.

Ultratech

Got my Crusader powerlevled a bit by a nice guy I met in a Public Game today.

Slapped it on Torment VI and went at it.

Shit started geting really wonky by the time I hit the late 50s though where I had to be extremely careful since stuff was one-shotting me left and right.

Got a ton of levels though and was getting like 1800%+ EXP.
Also got a nice chunk of gold and legs while I was at it.

Of course, I returned the favor and ran his DH through for a while until he hit 50ish.
Fun times by all. :D

Also had a funny rift where we had a floor with the Unicorns and crap on the Act III stage.
(Was slightly embarrassing to get killed by a Chubby Purple Unicorn though.)

Wickwire

Ugh, Im not sure is stuff is happening anymore because its buggy or because its lag. this is getting ridiculous. I have a really good connection.

Chaos17

For auto attacking? People have been abusing this and similar things for weeks.

While AFK ?
That's same than botting even if he is just using a keyboard macro.

Edit : a similar thing happened in WoW with the pets, Blizzard fixed it.
Players leveling while afk and let their pet do all the killings on low mobs.

TGMIII

He's most likely got a script holding down auto attack and spamming revenge. There was a guy doing the same thing last week with a full group only he literally weighed his auto attack down and sat in chat talking to people.

If you want to report this guy for anything report him for inefficiency since he's doing it solo and not with a group.

jblank83

I lose about 100k dps (from 527k to 425k) on paper going with the SoJ, but that's not accounting for the 19% cold dmg, and the 30% dmg against Elites. Using primarily a Frozen Orb build, with Black Hole - Absolute Zero rune to increase it further, which is better?

You're going to lose a little damage against trash mobs, but gain a lot of damage against elites. Trash mobs are trash. Elites are not. So go with the SoJ.

I've had to go through the same transition and while it looks like a huge loss, it is actually a big gain. This is assuming you maximize your cold skill usage, ofc.

Or go do your own real world tests with both rings and see how it shakes out against both types of monsters. Go into options and enable damage numbers and track the differences.

Chaos17

He's most likely got a script holding down auto attack and spamming revenge. There was a guy doing the same thing last week with a full group only he literally weighed his auto attack down and sat in chat talking to people.

If you want to report this guy for anything report him for inefficiency since he's doing it solo and not with a group.
Are you defending a cheater ?
Though, I mainly reported him because I disliked bug/flaw in a game and also we don't have an offline mode on pc because Blizzard wanted to avoid cheaters.
There is no point to play all the time online if Blizzard allow cheaters, imo.

TGMIII

He's farming a known farming spot that blizzard have neglected to fix for a while, what he's doing is nothing new. It's also a game where you can't trade and there's no ladders/leaderboards so I don't see why you're getting worked up.

He's gaming the system sure but it's not like he's got a bot running around doing bounties and rifts. Having a button or two held down, physically or otherwise, and letting mobs run into your face is hardly cheating.

Yeah they need to increase performance also the ability to not see each legendary in chat clan for example. Also support 120/144hz screens. And since patch 2.0.1 i heard that forcing v-sync through nvidia inspector is also not working anymore.

I have not played around with nvidia inspector as I am not too sure what I am really doing with that program but I can say using adaptive vsync set in nvidia control panel did nothing.

Other things I tried was moving to an SSD as I originally just had it on a black drive but it made no difference. Various vsync options. Disabling 2nd monitor. Forcing to maximum performance in control panel. Just a few suggestions from an old reddit thread.

cdyhybrid

Though, I mainly reported him because I disliked bug/flaw in a game and also we don't have an offline mode on pc because Blizzard wanted to avoid cheaters.

It's a single-player game, who cares?

Deadly

Not really cheating... It's something ANYONE can do. I could decide to do fuckall all day and do the same thnig, stay there and press a couple buttons.

Also it's a shitty way to farm legendaries and the gold isn't even good. That leaves paragon exp...who cares?

Might as well report all those people who are Rifting it forward and split farming Bounties/Chests.

I do wonder if they are going to nerf this somehow. I hope not, I actually find it quite fun and enjoyable. If I don't feel like clearing rifts but want to get some shards I can spend 15 minutes joining peoples Rifts and opening for them. If I know I have lots of time and plan on just doing rifts all night I can get everything paid for.

As for split bounties, I just really don't enjoy bounties so if I can dedicate an hour to running around on normal it covers me for pretty much the rest of the week.

Svafnir

There are worse exploits going on right now. You can get level 1-70 in 20 minutes with one of them, much much worse than the above one. Both should be fixed though.

Svafnir

There is always the chance for getting your account banned, especially for exploits. Sorry, won't share. But it's public information in a lot of places, you can find it if you wish. I just don't want to be responsible if someone from NeoGAF does it and gets their Diablo account banned.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm sitting at around 100 ms (which is fairly good for me) but all day long, I've been running into spots where I'll just get stuck and any attempt to leave results in horrible rubberbanding. Currently sitting on one right now wondering how long it'll be till I can leave this time. Anyone else having this issue/had this issue?

Alex

I've seen a ton of lag and spiking the past few days, both me and the person I play with, pretty much to the point where I'm giving up for the time being.

Tech support forum is, from top to bottom, nothing but lag complaints of the exact same symptoms and time frame but if you try to actually contact Blizzard for help they say that there are no known issues and blame your ISP. Nice.

Zero other issues on any other game or service, either.

Sigmaah

If y'all wanna level fast just Rift it forward, great way to level characters, get blood shards and souls. It's pretty fucking boring though and rooms fill up quick as fuck. I just did it to level my WD and wiz real quick, now I don't feel like doing it anymore.

Took about an hour each for both characters. Both characters were 60. Only took an hour each since rooms fill up really quick and u tend to miss a good amount if you aren't fast enough asking for an invite. The only fee for this is you have to open the rift next, once you get your exp, soul and shards. So it's definitely not a bad fee whatsoever.

What builds am I looking for with a WD and Wiz? Need to gear up these OP classes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom