• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otnopolit

I've seen a ton of lag and spiking the past few days, both me and the person I play with, pretty much to the point where I'm giving up for the time being.

Tech support forum is, from top to bottom, nothing but lag complaints of the exact same symptoms and time frame but if you try to actually contact Blizzard for help they say that there are no known issues and blame your ISP. Nice.

Zero other issues on any other game or service, either.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the lag in combination with a Vortex / Waller / Frozen Pulse pack killed my Hardcore Demon Hunter this afternoon =( RIP in pieces, Survivor.

Dahbomb

If y'all wanna level fast just Rift it forward, great way to level characters, get blood shards and souls. It's pretty fucking boring though and rooms fill up quick as fuck. I just did it to level my WD and wiz real quick, now I don't feel like doing it anymore.

Took about an hour each for both characters. Both characters were 60. Only took an hour each since rooms fill up really quick and u tend to miss a good amount if you aren't fast enough asking for an invite. The only fee for this is you have to open the rift next, once you get your exp, soul and shards. So it's definitely not a bad fee whatsoever.

What builds am I looking for with a WD and Wiz? Need to gear up these OP classes!
I know a trick to get to 70 in 30 mins. Need you online right now.

What's the best spirit generator for lightning monks in you guys opinion? I've been using Deadly Reach with Scattered Blows rune.

That generator is best in two situations:
- Strongarm Bracers and you are not running Cyclone Strike. Even then keep in mind that the bounce on DR:SB doesn't affect elites and they can resist Cyclone Strike's pull.
- You have a Shard of Hate (so the shard's lightning proc happens on you generator).

Otherwise WOHF:FOF (yes, the Holy DoT one) winds up being better until you have like 80-100% +lightning damage. Its teleport and closer range lets you not whiff on LTK's ridiculously fussy hitbox. The result is you just do more damage, even if it is counter-intuitive.

That's why the monk boards are screaming to get either Fists of Thunder unfucked or add a lightning rune to WOHF for diversity. Shard of Hate users would like something that isn't as fussy to use with LTK/Sweeping Wind as DR:SB is.

Dahbomb

They don't need to just add a Lightning WohT... they need to add a Fire as well.

Hell the whole Elemental synergy on Monks is so fucked up anyway. As are their set bonuses.

Totakeke

diabloiii2014-04-2119j2qvh.png

Finally got a Blade of Prophecy! But no primary stat, had to reroll area damage for the socket. Still worth using? What are good BOP builds?

I would've kept the area damage and replace the attack speed, but it's all good, attack speed is still useful for more procs. Plus you have holy damage so you want to use the Holy Cause passive.

BoP builds primarily want to activate Akarat's Champion, Rally rune, as much as possible so you can use condemn more. You want to stack +holy damage and the best skills to proc Rally on Holy are probably Slash: Zeal or Justice: Crack for your generator, and Fist of the Heavens: Divine Well, for your spender. Divine Well actually procs almost twice as much as the other FotH runes. Condemn: Unleashed is your primary damage dealer. So that leaves two skills. Steed Charge: Endurace is the usual mobility/escape skill, and the last one is simply utility and can go among Judgment: Resolved, Provoke: Charged Up, Shield Glare runes, or even Iron Skin if you needed extra toughness to get in there and use your Condemn.

So again, just figure out how to maximize Rally procs, minimize your cooldown durations, so you can use Condemn as much as possible. It's simple really. :p

CRA5H

I'm convinced there's a loot bug when in parties. I was getting loot at a consistent rate when rifiting and doing bounties by myself. When my friend joined, we played for 3 hours. He picked up 5 legs and souls while all I had was a single soul. This happens every single time he joins. He calls me his good luck charm.

Sykotik

I'm convinced there's a loot bug when in parties. I was getting loot at a consistent rate when rifiting and doing bounties by myself. When my friend joined, we played for 3 hours. He picked up 5 legs and souls while all I had was a single soul. This happens every single time he joins. He calls me his good luck charm.

A lot of people have noticed the same thing. There was a thread on battle.net about it. Blizz says they couldn't find anything wrong.

I think it's fucked, too.

Totakeke

That may seem to be the case, but in the end I think it's just RNG. There's a guy who used to do the same to me, but lately it's just streaky. In the beginning he gets like 5 to my 1 legendary, than after an hour or two I start to have more drops than him.

nbraun80

so did two t2 rifts with a friend and got 1 firebird piece in each of them. felt pretty lucky, but look at it i can't justify trading them out for my yellow gear even for the 500 int. bonus. I've been running a cold wiz, but I have 2 pieces of vyr's and if I get a 3rd I plan to switch to arcane and try a reduce cooldown build. Just seems like I don't do the damage I want even sitting at 850k unbuffed, orbs do about 6 mil. crit and MM about 2-3. I know a mirror ball would help a lot but still, I got quite a bit of +cold damage and +orb and MM damage. Any cold wiz ppl feel free to give me advice or if anyone does a archon cooldown build how is it working for you?

profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nbraun80-1630/hero/30596830
(says 675k damage, but it's over 800k.)
nbraun80 said:

nbraun80 said:

What is the trick? PM me if you're concerned about it spreading everywhere

Do khazan cave or whatever on T6 as a level 70, have the level whatever join the game, talk to Cain on the level 70 then quit the game as you're talking to him. The other person will get the XP and you can then log back in and turn in again since you'll be right in front of cain, repeat.

Is there a "most efficient" way to farm gear?

Player without too many friends: Split farm bounties using Bounty Runz community, turbofarm rift tokens for use in the "Rift it Forward" community so you can farm gambling shards and forgotten souls for crafting. Obviously does not work well except for items/slots where you need specific non-Legendary uniques-Cindercoat,Stone of Jordan, Andariel's Visage, Witching Hour, Carnevil, Mirrorball, Harrington Waistguard, etc.

This has the problem of not being effective for weapons and amulets, or any slot where you might be using a crafted set piece in it. Also split farming A1 is almost necessary anyway for farming Ring of Royal Grandeur, the most universal item in the game.

Player with friends : Work as a coordinated full group, clear rifts back to back very fast.

Note that either way your returns will only be a bit better than a solo player chain running rifts. The game rewards faster clears in groups but not overwhelmingly so.

So does anyone get to a point where they stop trying to roll an affix? Want lightning dmg on a helm and a socket on a xbow and spent so much trying to get it and price keeps going up. So annoying.

This may really seem like a dumb question, but how do I go about assessing if an item is an upgrade for me or not? I have been told that just paying attention to the + and - values shown when comparing gear can be misleading.

I'm a Demon Hunter.

It can be. For instance, if the item has +17% or whatever increased damage for lightning skills and you use lightning skills it will not show that. E.g. look at my dh. I use fire skills and you can see magefist, cindercoat, amulet all increase that dmg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/plbelanger-1923/hero/40790969

lt519

Working on my boulder barb. Over 10m toughness after set stats and can push that to 19m with a shield and higher vit amulet. Anyway at 10m toughness I do 29m crits at 43% chance with battle rage and haven't even begun to mess with my passives to optimize for more max fury and fury regen. Should be able to get to 40mil tomorrow by rerolling 20% physical damage on an amulet. Only have +53% ancient spear damage too think it can do a bit better.

Crazy fun build, when I toss a shield on and do sword and board I'm dropping crit boulders almost every second. On top of that I just found the mighty belt that boosts movement speed by 30% (upper edge is 40% boooo). Weird having a tankish ranged barb with that much speed.

nbraun80

nbraun80 said:

Praise Kadala, finally got a mirror ball from her, and on my last spot before i filled my inventory full! Int. and CC could have rolled better, but oh well. So is it probably best to roll the CDR and go for elite damage, socket, or crits granting arcane?

Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

Life per hit and socket. Fuck you game. Seriously.

Only way I'm using that is if I can get the 3 piece bonus for Natalya's. 7 crit from that makes up for no crit on the ring. I guess.

Baliis

Praise Kadala, finally got a mirror ball from her, and on my last spot before i filled my inventory full! Int. and CC could have rolled better, but oh well. So is it probably best to roll the CDR and go for elite damage, socket, or crits granting arcane?

Prob reroll the black hole damage. Black hole isn't all that much damage and the reduced CD will help a bit with whatever CD's you do have, not a lot, but then it isn't a wasted roll if you ever don't use black hole.

mileS

Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

Only way I'm using that is if I can get the 3 piece bonus for Natalya's. 7 crit from that makes up for no crit on the ring. I guess.

Those rings rarely roll crit or crit hit dmg. Could be worse. At least you can reroll the life per hit to crit. Then slap a good gem in there. If you're hoping for a much better Royal Ring be prepared to pray to the RNG gods or farm for it for a lonnnnnng time.

90% of those rings roll like that or even worse. You really have to take into account all the fantastic things you can do with it. Not just your class sets.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

That's virtually identical to the one I got on my Witch Doctor (minus the dex), I turned the life per hit into 6% crit. 50% CHD would have been better but it's my alt so I left it. Whack a 280 stat gem in the socket and it's not too bad if it gives you a major set bonus.

Well... 5.5 crit chance. Not ideal. I should pull up a dmg calculator and find out how much crit dmg Id need to beat that.

Also have to keep in mind all the other people out there STILL farming that ring. Should be happy you have one at all really.

My friend and I split farmed for that ring for about 5 hours last night and 4 hours tonight. Brutal and boring... but yeah. Finally got one. He still hasnt :(

mileS

Also have to keep in mind all the other people out there STILL farming that ring. Should be happy you have one at all really.

Baliis

Just saw that blizz is taking a look at elemental runes and buffing sources? I might be able to enjoy my crusader more now and my wiz is gonna be even stronger? I'll take it.

FtHTiny

Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

It doesn´t really matter how good the stats on the ring are. It allows you to easily equip Aughild´s, Ashera and Blackthorne 3 piece bonuses.
No ring will be better than that.

Boogdud

I don't know what happened, but I just got done power leveling my barb, put on a few pieces from my crusader and he's getting frenzy crits and hota crits consistently in the 300-500 million range. Is this normal?? I got some screenshots (bad ones) but my sheet dps is only like 300k.

I almost didn't want to log out, but I have to get to bed...

Just a tip, because I feel bad watching you take pictures of your monitor.

Print Screen -> My Documents -> Diablo III -> Screenshots

scy

Finally got one and....

Just for the record, it always rolls Life on Hit.

I don't know what happened, but I just got done power leveling my barb, put on a few pieces from my crusader and he's getting frenzy crits and hota crits consistently in the 300-500 million range. Is this normal?? I got some screenshots (bad ones) but my sheet dps is only like 300k.

I almost didn't want to log out, but I have to get to bed...

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're using a Sever.

Boogdud

Just for the record, it always rolls Life on Hit.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're using a Sever.

As a matter of fact, I am. I'm totally out of the barb loop. Is it broken atm?

edit: ahh, so it's just overkill. Well that's both a relief and disappointment ;) Thanks Scy.

So I got this from Kadala:

dwpAPdh.png

emnRPGv.png

Anyone know if it is worth it over a Andariel's with 18% fire damage? With firebats the mimics are up almost 100% of the time, but I'm not sure on how much damage they do. But I love running around as a skeleton. And what would I reroll? Socket, CDR or vit?

I rolled for vit, but only because I am relatively stacked already on CDR.

The mimics only do damage with certain skills, and then only if you have them equipped, such as bears and poison dart. The amount is unknown, but seems to be a fraction of your dps.

It's so cool though. :)

LeksiW

Neo Member
Even so, pay 50 rift fragments to farm gold and experience? Unless we're talking about millions and multiple paragon levels, I don't think this is something worth time implementing. Last one I went in had 10 floors and the mob density is average to poor.

My group opened a cow rift with a goblin pack. I know it's mostly a novelty thing, but it was quite fun (and unexpected). In all the hours I've spent running rifts on Torment, I only got the cow rift the one time, but luckily I was streaming. If you want to see, I cut a video with the times for the goblin pack and the Lord of Bells, the cow level rift boss.

http://youtu.be/H_U9R0THzbQ?t=57s

I have two tips should you get a cow rift. (1) Enable music and pump up the volume--especially if you like banjo and mouth harp. (2) Invite all your friends, b/c in all likelihood, they are also hoping to kill the Lord of Bells for the Rift Boss Achievement ^)^

jkanownik

Crazy turn of lucky events today. I didn't get to play most of the weekend because I was doing homework and preparing for a presentation at work. I decided to do an Act 1 bounty run before leaving work today.

After the all the bounties were completed I was in town. I intended to open the cache and leave, but I accidentally clicked on another player's flag. As I port in an elite dies and a stormshield drops. I then open the cache and it has a RRoG in it! I salvage the SS and go to reroll either with CD or CC on the RRoG. I now have 3 souls.First two souls are worthless. 3rd soul gets me 5% CC!

So, not only did I get the RRoG, but it would have been worthless to me without that accidental SS.

Heh I had a friend tonight get easily double the legendaries I did in the same game. Not the first time it's happened either... It's weird

It's life. Hell I did T4 with a group early today for 2.5hrs straight in addition to having +100% (read: 10%) increased magic find and I didn't get a single leg the entire time. Shit happens sometimes.

/shrug.

Found Taskdr and Theo yesterday :)
744 int
7% speed attack
42 crit hit damage
9.5 crit hit chance

Rolled Armor for crit hit damage
Now I only lack mask of Jarem to be a true pet build Witch Doctor

It's not cheating as it's using in game mechanics.

Don't be ridiculous.

Let's make this brief. If you are doing something that is clearly against 'intended' gameplay and you are getting above 'intended' rewards; you can rest assured you are cheating/exploting/w/e. Do it though, no doubt. But do't act like you aren't taking advantage of an in game loop hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom