• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Got a great DML today (Crit chance and Cluster Arrow on it) plus a Reapers Wraps with Fire damage and 6.0 CC. Tomorrow I will start crafting Ashearas/Aughilds set and maybe farm Act 3 bounties for Pride Fall (probably do both act 1 and act 3 Bounties).

My DPS allows me to do Torment 4 easily and Torment 5 if I am skillful to avoid getting hit. My real problem has been that I lack + Discipline on gear.

I also need to gear my Followers.... haven't done that at all. Pretty sure I can only really gear a Scoundrel at this point LMAO!

Nymerio

I rolled for vit, but only because I am relatively stacked already on CDR.

The mimics only do damage with certain skills, and then only if you have them equipped, such as bears and poison dart. The amount is unknown, but seems to be a fraction of your dps.

It's so cool though. :)

I think I'll leave it as it is right now and save my souls for reforing the mask of jeram I'll probably never get. I'm pretty sure my andariel's with fire dmg was doing more for my dps than this but running around as a skeleton with 2 mimics all casting firebats is fun.

Dahbomb

Don't be ridiculous.

Let's make this brief. If you are doing something that is clearly against 'intended' gameplay and you are getting above 'intended' rewards; you can rest assured you are cheating/exploting/w/e. Do it though, no doubt. But do't act like you aren't taking advantage of an in game loop hole.
By that definition everyone that is split farming Bounties/chest and Rifting it forward are cheating and should be reported.

Taking advantage of an in game loop isn't cheating... it's taking advantage of an in game loop. You are still playing within the rules of the game that are coded in. Cheating is when you break the rules coded in the game... like getting two sockets on a weapon or having an external program play the game for you without actually pressing a button.

Hell you can call it exploiting too but there's a fine line between cheating and exploiting. Exploiting won't get you banned, cheating will. If they started banning people because they used an in game exploit then over half the people in this thread would get banned.

By that definition everyone that is split farming Bounties/chest and Rifting it forward are cheating and should be reported.

Taking advantage of an in game loop isn't cheating... it's taking advantage of an in game loop. You are still playing within the rules of the game that are coded in. Cheating is when you break the rules coded in the game... like getting two sockets on a weapon or having an external program play the game for you without actually pressing a button.

Hell you can call it exploiting too but there's a fine line between cheating and exploiting. Exploiting won't get you banned, cheating will. If they started banning people because they used an in game exploit then over half the people in this thread would get banned.

No, I'm not saying they should be reported. Nor, am I saying they should be punished; but there is zero doubt that it is taking advantage of an unintended mechanic. Which has traditionally been considered an exploit and/or cheating.

Whether or not developers of a game take action against you does not change the fact that you are exploiting and/or cheating. Noting, that I have cheated/exploited shit in numerous games.

Svafnir

Here is my opinion on the topic. Chest farming was nerfed but it was no where near the level of requiring a ban for doing it. It was just playing the game in a different way.

However things like the gold dupe or exploiting infinite spawns, afk killing monsters, goblin mass creation (using puzzle ring to spawn 50+ goblins at once) or the numerous other exploits that existed have resulted in bans.

It's not that hard to tell the difference between the two.

I've never been so salty about "good luck". I wanted to take a break from my Maximus fire build crusader, mostly because my luck with drops of any kind was abysmal and I hadn't got a legendary item in like 2 days. Get on my witch doctor and I got 4 legs through the course of rifting for a little over an hour with friends. They were all insta-salvage so I felt okay about the sudden influx, but then I foolishly decided to gamble shards using my WD and not my crusader.

First I got Cindercoat with int and no sockets, making it really subpar to consider rolling the int to str to give to my crusader. Out of anger I spent my other shards on gloves, telling my friends to "watch, I bet it gives me a magefist too". And lo and behold I did get a magefist, but with near the lowest possible stat rolls, and no fourth primary.

It's like Blizzard wasn't happy with just trying to push me into playing my WD more, they had to punish me for trying to gear my crusader. This isn't the first time something like this happened either, the last time I switched to playing WD for a a while, my WD got 3 leg mojos, 2 leg knives, a Zuni helm, and a Hellcat Waistgaurd, all in one play session. Only the hellcat was any good, but damn, it doesn't feel like RNG when switching to another character for a few hours suddenly makes it rain.

On a related note, what the hell does a WD fire build look like? Just bats and locust? Seems like a waste not to use the item just because I can't reroll and use them on my main. Curse my 'luck'.

Vodh

So you're saying you draw the line at buttons being physically pressed and don't care if it's a human or a box?

What about a little robot programmed to press a sequence of buttons? What if it's strictly mechanical and doesn't involve programming?

It's simple, if the guy's not there and he's not playing the game, it's an exploit and it's cheating.

Split bounties and rift it forward are just exploits.

Discobird

Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

Life per hit and socket. Fuck you game. Seriously.

Only way I'm using that is if I can get the 3 piece bonus for Natalya's. 7 crit from that makes up for no crit on the ring. I guess.

RRG always rolls with mainstat, attack speed and LOH. That makes it a very binary item. Either the fourth primary is CC or CD and you have an amazing ring (just reroll LOH to whichever crit affix you're missing), or you don't and it's a "trash" roll because LOH on rings is pretty bad. Not much room for in-between. There are a few affixes that could be considered a middle ground (flat damage, CDR, RCR) but they're not part of a classic quadrafecta ring so I think most people would still dismiss them.

Discobird

I've never been so salty about "good luck". I wanted to take a break from my Maximus fire build crusader, mostly because my luck with drops of any kind was abysmal and I hadn't got a legendary item in like 2 days. Get on my witch doctor and I got 4 legs through the course of rifting for a little over an hour with friends. They were all insta-salvage so I felt okay about the sudden influx, but then I foolishly decided to gamble shards using my WD and not my crusader.

First I got Cindercoat with int and no sockets, making it really subpar to consider rolling the int to str to give to my crusader. Out of anger I spent my other shards on gloves, telling my friends to "watch, I bet it gives me a magefist too". And lo and behold I did get a magefist, but with near the lowest possible stat rolls, and no fourth primary.

Sounds like you know this already but you really only have yourself to blame if you gamble on a WD and get an int Cindercoat instead of a strength one, heh :3

Hope you took a screenshot of the Magefists, they are not supposed to roll with less than 5 primaries (fire damage and four others). That's like the guys earlier in the thread who found Odyn Sons without lightning damage.

So you're saying you draw the line at buttons being physically pressed and don't care if it's a human or a box?

What about a little robot programmed to press a sequence of buttons? What if it's strictly mechanical and doesn't involve programming?

It's simple, if the guy's not there and he's not playing the game, it's an exploit and it's cheating.

Split bounties and rift it forward are just exploits.

Split Farming/Rifting is meh at this point. If Blizzard wanted to take a stand against it they would have*. It doesn't change the fact that I personally consider it to be an exploit. But do me a favor, don't sit here and act like it isn't (yes I'm doing it too).

*Purely speculation. They haven't done anything about it because they do not know how to fix it. Sure they could buff T+ bounties, and/or change the way rift forwarding works; but, at the end of the day it would cause a massive shitfest. In the end I expect they will leave split farming in. The way they will address it is by significantly buffing caches obtained through T+.

Yeah, I know it's my own damn fault; I just wanted to specify that it wasn't rolled in such a way that I could fix it, i.e., int and 3 sockets. I'm so unlucky with gambling that I usually just consider it a way to find better rares, not a source of legs. Since my WD was underfarmed relative to my crusader, I figured I would just rotate through buying all the armor slots to see if I could get any upgrades, and then I saw the leg chest icon and realized I'd made a huge mistake.

Edit: Sorry I'm using primary in the wrong way to refer to offensive/dps stats, when it should be distinguishing between the upper stats and the lower stats. It rolled the right amount in total, but only 3 were what I considered offensive.

Totakeke

I also spent >100 hours on my DH since RoS without seeing any DH set items then I started playing Crusader and got 5 different pieces (plus 1 dupe) in less than 70 hours total play time. I also got a Wizard set item while on my Crusader. Sometimes it's just better to play what RNG gives you than fighting against it. :x

desverger

I also spent >100 hours on my DH since RoS without seeing any DH set items then I started playing Crusader and got 5 different pieces (plus 1 dupe) in less than 70 hours total play time. I also got a Wizard set item while on my Crusader. Sometimes it's just better to play what RNG gives you than fighting against it. :x

Your DH probably has a bad random seed, I'd advise deleting him/her and creating a new character :p

Grinch

Banned
It's funny how little difference there is between T1 and T2. I can clear rifts just as fast and die just as often (never). Maybe I should try T3...

Also started leveling up a WD, feels almost like cheating using 160 paragon levels and royal gems :D

Dark_castle

the rng gods have bestowed upon me another vyr. 2 pieces now, just 1 more til awesome archon. so another 3 weeks i'm sure.

Hate to break it to you, but the effect is currently bugged. Some runes's effect were not activated despite the tooltip saying all of them.

cdyhybrid

Kind of being tempted to switch mains from my Monk. Just thinking about having to get lucky enough to get great DPS rolls AND the correct resist for OWE to get meaningful upgrades is depressing me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Same LEG drop again and again

I have the same problem...

I don't get excited anymore when a leg drops because i already know it's either dogshit or i've found it already multiple times.

There should be a system that realizes what leg you already got and then automatically lowers the drop chance for this item. It's getting ridiculous, i haven't found anything NEW for a while.

FIX THIS SHIT BLIZZ.

Kyoufu

I don't get excited anymore when a leg drops because i already know it's either dogshit or i've found it already multiple times.

There should be a system that realizes what leg you already got and then automatically lowers the drop chance for this item. It's getting ridiculous, i haven't found anything NEW for a while.

FIX THIS SHIT BLIZZ.

One of the reasons why I stopped playing.

After a while I realised I was wasting my time grinding when I got the same things over and over again. Will return if Blizzard fixes everything wrong with their loot system.

Totakeke

Re: Crusader Rally Procs

Went back and did some testing.

1. FotH Fissure still sucks for proc'ing rally, but Divine Well is much better could be one of the best choices to proc Rally. With Darklight, I can actually see spammable Bombardments as viable.
2. Bowmen doesn't proc rally, neither does Bowmen + Provoke: Charged Up. Nor does Charged Up seems to increase Bowmen dps.
3. Heaven's Fury: Fires of Heaven again has very low proc chance. Someone told me that using it with Provoke: Charged Up, it increases the proc significantly. This is not true, I did not see any appreciable increases in procs.

If someone finds any contradicting about those that would be great. :p In the meantime, I think most people would do good relooking in the compiled proc coefficient spreadsheet on the D3 forums. I think some players don't have an understanding of proc coefficients and tend to spread misinformation about skills. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004036888

On a different point, I'm appreciating wrath regeneration more and more, it even works well with FotH. This is a big advantage 2h crusaders have too because you can get twice as much on your weapon. If you're using Akarat's Champion, try to get this stat if you can, 20s of spamming spenders is awesome. You can roll it on crusader shields as well.

FIX THIS SHIT BLIZZ.

Friend of mine only gets Jekangbords, he got 3 yesterday in a 4-5 hour playing session from rifts / kadala and by now I recon he's probably found around 10~15 of the things.

jns

Hey guys and gals, I asked a question the other day about LpSS and I've found that using transcendence makes it pretty worthwhile as far as surviveability goes. But I'm not sure if I properly understand how it works still as I'm only running T1 atm. My current stats are:

LpSS - 670.50
Health Globe Bonus - 70,081

Now I've actually rolled the Globe bonus on my Aughilds Shoulders because I didn't have much and have it on a couple of other pieces. What I'd like to know is, what is the actual math with Transcendence?

The tool-tip says every point of spirit spent gives me 240 life + 0.4% of my Health Globe bonus, so does this mean that each point of spirit will heal me for:

(70,081*0.4%) + 240?
=280.324+240
=520.324 per point of spirit

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm just not sure if my maths is correct. This would mean that every 30 points of spirit would net me around 15.5k of life which seems ok (as long as I can spend it quick enough)

So, am I getting this right? Or ass backwards?

[edit] heres a link to my profile in case it's needed. Mmmmmmmmonk

Zemm

I still don't get all that UI stuttering, like when opening your bags sometimes or clicking someone else's achievement. I'm running it from a SSD, it shouldn't be an issue.

It makes the game a real chore to play sometimes, especially as it's way worse when in a 4 man group. The stuttering is insane, I'd rather they put every single resource into fixing that before they touch the game again.

JayHayabusa

Diablo GAF I need your help.

In ROS, I been gearing my hunter with the best items I can find. For ex. If a certain item is -6% dps, +18% toughness, +30% regen I go for it with no hesitation and no consideration for my build.

At the peak of this strategy, this led me to be stuck at around 250 K (1.3 Million buffed) sheet DPS but insane(?) sheet Toughness of 10 Million, Regen of 40 K and Life at 1.2 Million.

Since then I been reconsidering this:
Want to up my DPS even at the expense of the other stats.
Been sacrificing quite a bit in Toughness and Regen while not really gaining much since I m now at 295 K DPS.
Been also trying to go down an elemental damage path and started with the fire one.

What is the best way to go to up my DPS considerably? Am I wrong to worry about sheet DPS and can be satisfied with upping the buffed stat in game?

My "stuck" hunter:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

Diablo GAF I need your help.

In ROS, I been gearing my hunter with the best items I can find. For ex. If a certain item is -6% dps, +18% toughness, +30% regen I go for it with no hesitation and no consideration for my build.

At the peak of this strategy, this led me to be stuck at around 250 K (1.3 Million buffed) sheet DPS but insane(?) sheet Toughness of 10 Million, Regen of 40 K and Life at 1.2 Million.

Since then I been reconsidering this:
Want to up my DPS even at the expense of the other stats.
Been sacrificing quite a bit in Toughness and Regen while not really gaining much since I m now at 295 K DPS.
Been also trying to go down an elemental damage path and started with the fire one.

What is the best way to go to up my DPS considerably? Am I wrong to worry about sheet DPS and can be satisfied with upping the buffed stat in game?

My "stuck" hunter:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808
Need crit chance and crit damage on gloves, rings and amulet.
Need crit chance on quiver, helm and bracers.
all DH should stack fire damage.
I'd sacrifice healing first, I think it is worthless, especially for ranged classes. I don't even have any healing on my melee class, just pick up globes and use potion if needed. toughness can be lowered, most DH i've seen on torment 4 and above have around 4 bil toughness.

I just realized I have yet to see a single class set piece drop, and I've been consistently playing at least T2 on 4 separate 70s.
Playing crusader for nearly 100 hours have yet to see a set.
rolled a monk, got the inna's chest piece last night, total play time 20 hours.

ElyrionX

Friend of mine only gets Jekangbords, he got 3 yesterday in a 4-5 hour playing session from rifts / kadala and by now I recon he's probably found around 10~15 of the things.

The drop system or loot list is either bugged or severely flawed in its design. I once found two of the same leg bracers literally within a ten seconds time span. Considering the low drop rate of legs and the pool of 400+ legs, the odds of this happening would be astronomically low if it was a true RNG system.

The only explanation I have for this is that a fairly small list of legs is generated everytime you open a rift and those are the only legs that can drop when you're in that rift.

JayHayabusa

Playing crusader for nearly 100 hours have yet to see a set.
rolled a monk, got the inna's chest piece last night, total play time 20 hours.

Guess I been really lucky with drops. I play for about an hour a day, 3-4 days a week and do about 5 T3 rifts a day

So far I've had around:

From rifts:
2 set belts: Blackthorne's Notched Belt
2 set amulets: Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross
2 set cloaks/armors: Blackthorne's Surcoat and Marauder's Carapace
1 set shoulder: Marauder's Spines
1 set pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
1 set hand crossbow: Danetta's Spite
4 set rings: 3 Litany of the Undaunted and 1 The Wailing Host
2 set boots: Blackthorne's Spurs

From Kadala:
2 set hand crossbow: Danetta's Spite and Danetta's Revenge

DSmalls84

Found some amazing Lacuni Prowlers Last night for my Witch Doctor.

20% Fire Damage
450 intel
7% ias
5.5 % CC

Sorry unable to link them at the moment.

Should I be trying to roll extra ias for my Witch Doctor pet build or stick with stacking Fire Damage? It seems like the ias would be more beneficial for proccing sycophants.

FIX THIS SHIT BLIZZ.

I got 2 back to back belts within 5 minutes of each other...the same one last night lol.

bcl0328

What's rifting it forward?

it's a community where people clear rifts at any difficulty. when the guardian boss spawns you say in chat something like "T1 guardian up, request invites". people join your game and you kill the guardian together. after he is dead, close the portal and someone opens a new portal for you so you don't have to use your own keys. they all leave and you get to solo it again. repeat.

most people are leechers though and not clearers. you sit in chat and try to get invited to games. join them, help kill guardian, and open rift for the leader and leave. you basically get tons of blood shards really fast this way.

Ohnonono

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

I am here.... Still rocking all holy all the time. My weapon is amazing it is just unfortunate that falling sword is not. Can't beat that huge damage number though WITH holy cause. I got a Westfall shield with great stats to drop so I think I am going to try to get the ring from act 1 bounties and try to get mad tanky for an alternate build. I feel like I am really at the point in the game were its class set items or just trying to build funky builds. With holy I just melt shit at this point and can solo t3 pretty easy. Group we t4 and could prolly t5.

Mumei

Found Taskdr and Theo yesterday :)
744 int
7% speed attack
42 crit hit damage
9.5 crit hit chance

Rolled Armor for crit hit damage
Now I only lack mask of Jarem to be a true pet build Witch Doctor

...I'm so jealous. I found my first piece of the Zuni Set yesterday, with Zunimassa's Pox. I wish I'd found the armor, though. I'd rather have a Ring of Royal Grandeur + SoJ, but I suppose this will have to do for now!

Tarazet

One of the reasons why I stopped playing.

After a while I realised I was wasting my time grinding when I got the same things over and over again. Will return if Blizzard fixes everything wrong with their loot system.

I've gotten five Magefists since the patch, all from Kadala. My buddy got even more, but he got multiple trifectas and I got none.

Finally got one and....

lmpVKt4.png

Life per hit and socket. Fuck you game. Seriously.

Only way I'm using that is if I can get the 3 piece bonus for Natalya's. 7 crit from that makes up for no crit on the ring. I guess.

I got 2 of these. What's funny is me and other gaffers were grinding for days trying to get one and finally got one. Then yesterday randomly joined a public game and got another first try. Wasn't even looking to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom