• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

I had 496 shards last night. I felt good about my chances of finally getting a good 1H for my wiz lightning build.

Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.

continued...

Yellow.
Blue.
Yellow.

*Hit Escape*
*Exit Diablo 3*
*Slit Wrists*

bcl0328

question: has ANYONE here gotten a legendary from a cursed chest/shrine? i don't think i've ever seen one. i never skip them though because i feel like they might drop one someday. to me, they just don't feel like worth doing. most of them are easy and don't even give anything good.

they should make them a bit more challenging and offer better loot. right now it's just kill 100 enemies or 5 waves. what if it kept spawning more and more until you failed and each wave gave better loot chances?

Killzig

I had 496 shards last night. I felt good about my chances of finally getting a good 1H for my wiz lightning build.

Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.

continued...

Yellow.
Blue.
Yellow.

*Hit Escape*
*Exit Diablo 3*
*Slit Wrists*
I know them feels, been trying to get a mask of jerams since they buffed pets. All I want is to feel like a D2LOD skellymancer again :((((((

DSmalls84

...I'm so jealous. I found my first piece of the Zuni Set yesterday, with Zunimassa's Pox. I wish I'd found the armor, though. I'd rather have a Ring of Royal Grandeur + SoJ, but I suppose this will have to do for now!

I have also been trying to gamble for Tasker and Theo. Had no idea that they got that crazy buff until a few days ago.

Celegus

Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.

continued...

Yellow.
Blue.
Yellow.

*Hit Escape*
*Exit Diablo 3*
*Slit Wrists*

No offense, but 500 shards isn't that much to hope for an orange. I've dumped well over 10,000 into her by now and have only gotten 2. One was a cindercoat, so I can't complain. I wish I could turn my ridiculous stash of good wizard weapons into armor though, found an awesome Slorak's Madness and some other stuff last night that is just going to sit in my box.

Nymerio

Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.

continued...

Yellow.
Blue.
Yellow.

*Hit Escape*
*Exit Diablo 3*
*Slit Wrists*

I wouldn't even try to get a weapon from kadala. The pool of items is too big to have a decent chance of getting something useful. I tried it once and got items for all classes, at least with the other mystery items I mostly get stuff that's relevant to my class.

RangerX

Banned
I got 2 of these. What's funny is me and other gaffers were grinding for days trying to get one and finally got one. Then yesterday randomly joined a public game and got another first try. Wasn't even looking to get one.

What do people mean when they say they've been "looking" for an item. I thought item drops were completely random. Do certain mobs have a higher chance of dropping a particular item?

CRA5H

No offense, but 500 shards isn't that much to hope for an orange. I've dumped well over 10,000 into her by now and have only gotten 2. One was a cindercoat, so I can't complain. I wish I could turn my ridiculous stash of good wizard weapons into armor though, found an awesome Slorak's Madness and some other stuff last night that is just going to sit in my box.
I should also mention this is the 4th time I've done this for 1H. Out of 4 full stacks of Shards, I've received 2 leg 1H which were useless.

I've had better luck with other gear though. I remember I got my Blackthorne's Chest and Legs in the same stack of shards. I also got my Firewalkers from Kadala.

But damn.. Kadala just doesn't wanna give me that extra DPS.

Sambrez_

What do people mean when they say they've been "looking" for an item. I thought item drops were completely random. Do certain mobs have a higher chance of dropping a particular item?

Royal Grandeur drop from ACT1 Horadrics Cach, so you kind of can narrow down your farm.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.
Yellow.

continued...

Yellow.
Blue.
Yellow.

*Hit Escape*
*Exit Diablo 3*
*Slit Wrists*

My advice is don't waste shards on 1H weapons for now until they let you choose which type.

They hear us loud and clear, pretty sure they will change things up.

2014-04-2202_27_55-seczjqb.png

garath

I should also mention this is the 4th time I've done this for 1H. Out of 4 full stacks of Shards, I've received 2 leg 1H which were useless.

I've had better luck with other gear though. I remember I got my Blackthorne's Chest and Legs in the same stack of shards. I also got my Firewalkers from Kadala.

It can always get worse.

I have spent thousands and thousands of blood shards on Kadala and I have gotten ONE legendary.

:)

Celegus

Well, I'd consider you extremely lucky with Kadala in that case. That's way way more than I've gotten out of her. I've been trying for Magefist for a week now and haven't gotten a single orange.

Boogdud

I know them feels, been trying to get a mask of jerams since they buffed pets. All I want is to feel like a D2LOD skellymancer again :((((((

Heh, I was doing the same thing. 700 shards later, I got one worthless crown and I don't even know how many yellows. At this point they just need a toilet beside Kadala so I can just flush the shards, at least I'll know what they're going towards.

CRA5H

Well, I'd consider you extremely lucky with Kadala in that case. That's way way more than I've gotten out of her. I've been trying for Magefist for a week now and haven't gotten a single orange.
lol okay now I feel bad. I've had 2 Magefists drop for me from Kadala....

EDIT. Actually it was 1. Another was from rifts.

On a related note, what the hell does a WD fire build look like? Just bats and locust? Seems like a waste not to use the item just because I can't reroll and use them on my main. Curse my 'luck'.

Have bats, yes, but no locusts. Have a great Rhen'ho Flayer 1-handed knife that does Plague of Toads heat-seeking missles w/ double explosions (have fire toads on this, they jump all over the screen and seek out targets and explode) and rolled extra fire damage on whatever equipment I could as well, including the knife. With the bats and the toads, I'm about +70% fire damage, I think. Melting T1 for the most part.

desverger

On a different point, I'm appreciating wrath regeneration more and more, it even works well with FotH. This is a big advantage 2h crusaders have too because you can get twice as much on your weapon. If you're using Akarat's Champion, try to get this stat if you can, 20s of spamming spenders is awesome. You can roll it on crusader shields as well.

That's a good point and actually I just noticed that my Fate of the Fell rolled with 3.7 wrath per sec, which actually supports the build quite nicely.

Are there any other slots besides a weapon where wrath per sec can appear? Crusader Shield maybe?

Totakeke

That's a good point and actually I just noticed that my Fate of the Fell rolled with 3.7 wrath per sec, which actually supports the build quite nicely.

Are there any other slots besides a weapon where wrath per sec can appear? Crusader Shield maybe?

Only weapon and shield afaik. You can get up to 6 wrath/sec in total.

huxley00

Ughhhhh I had no idea sets shared the same unique resource for crafting. I crafted another pair of Aughilds Gloves by accident, I thought all set pieces had unique crafting items :(((( dammit.

DSmalls84

So far I have done 1155 total bountys and got 2 RORG total. Seems to have a super low drop rate compared to the amulet, bracers and shoulders in Act 1.

All of mine have Rolled

Main Stat
Vit
Ias
Rerolled stat to CC/CD.

I have probably found 7-8 Leorics Ammys and 4 sets of Sanguinary Bracers.

ferr

Not sure what game you guys are playing with the bad luck kadala. I have found plenty of upgrades from her without an issue. Yes there are times where I go through 40 rares before a leg, but it's the easiest, most straightforward legs in the game. Need better pants? Spam pants, etc. I found my awesome danetta's revenge with black damage and a socket off her, we're homies for life.

Bounties and Kadala are Blizzard's current answer to mitigating RNG. These things didn't exist a little while ago, now they do. Back in my day I had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get a decent leg.

question: has ANYONE here gotten a legendary from a cursed chest/shrine? i don't think i've ever seen one. i never skip them though because i feel like they might drop one someday. to me, they just don't feel like worth doing. most of them are easy and don't even give anything good.

they should make them a bit more challenging and offer better loot. right now it's just kill 100 enemies or 5 waves. what if it kept spawning more and more until you failed and each wave gave better loot chances?

Yes, I was doing a T1 bounty fields of whatever where Ghom can spawn from a cursed chest. Either he or the chest dropped the DH set gloves with the smoke screen bonus. Plenty more I'm sure, that's just a recent one.

RRG always rolls with mainstat, attack speed and LOH. That makes it a very binary item. Either the fourth primary is CC or CD and you have an amazing ring (just reroll LOH to whichever crit affix you're missing), or you don't and it's a "trash" roll because LOH on rings is pretty bad.

Yeah. It's not TERRIBLE though. It has 7% attack speed and 5.5 crit. 280 dex in the socket. It's actually only 0.5% less dmg than my trifecta rare.

My plan is to try and go from 5.5 crit to 40-50% crit dmg once I get the 3 piece Natalya's set bonus (7% crit).

Next up is farming for Pride's Fall. Still dumping shards into Kadala but still no Cindercoat. I'm at around 5000 so far.

Hmm what to do, average rolls across the board. Does dancing actually stop them from attacking?

Yes. It's a cute little gimmick. I used to keep it in my INV for funsies but eventually salvaged it.

I also got my Firewalkers from Kadala.

Before I gave up spending shards for Ice Climbers, I had collected about 6 Firewalkers. Pretty sure I got 2 in 1 batch of 500 before.

ElyrionX

I guess my affinity for bracers also extends to the damn bounty caches. Just opened 15 of them and found two of the useless Sanguinary Bracers...................................

The Cowboy

Hmm what to do, average rolls across the board. Does dancing actually stop them from attacking?
Think of the text as this "when you use X skill, also stun nearby enemies for 6 seconds", its really one hell of a powerful amulet when tied with a skill that can be put on a lower cool down with some cool down reduction (like WD BBV and the grave injuctice passive)..

Bruno

The horrible lag spikes have been ruining this game for me since I only play hardcore. It's reached a point where I get so angry I just need to take a break.

scy

Ughhhhh I had no idea sets shared the same unique resource for crafting. I crafted another pair of Aughilds Gloves by accident, I thought all set pieces had unique crafting items :(((( dammit.

Aughild's doesn't have Gloves so this is very confusing.

People actually hate Life on Hit? It is the best stat in the game.

For most classes, it's just not a worthwhile stat at all. Or, at the very least, not worthwhile at all to be gearing on slots like Rings.

inurSja.jpg

Finally! Arcane turrets be damned. Bring on the purple discos. I'm debating rerolling the VIT, I can kind of use it right now. Maybe I will reroll it later, I am not exactly flush with cash and wasting the gem and money on it right now probably isn't worth it.

V_Arnold

For most classes, it's just not a worthwhile stat at all. Or, at the very least, not worthwhile at all to be gearing on slots like Rings.

Not worthwile when you do not have enough, but it turns from "I do not see its effects" into "oh dear god, I am on full health while clearing groups and getting hit" PRETTY fast. I want it on every item, and as a Wizard, I actually prefer it to IAS on rings as well.

The Cowboy

People actually hate Life on Hit? It is the best stat in the game.
Early game its quite handy to have, however once you level up and get decent enough paragon points i find it a worthless stat to have on items. You can get what you need in regards to health regen with the points instead, i use the paragon points for HP regen and use the item stat locations that would have been for LoH for more damage/resist/armour instead.

Totakeke

Think of the text as this "when you use X skill, also stun nearby enemies for 6 seconds", its really one hell of a powerful amulet when tied with a skill that can be put on a lower cool down with some cool down reduction (like WD BBV and the grave injuctice passive)..

That's awesome. :O Too bad about the rolls.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/prodystopian-1605/hero/46539179

I know I need better jewelry, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my skills or the rest of my gear outside of find more legendaries.

That is the exact same passive setup I used for my disintegrate build. I used slow time - timewarp instead of black hole. More dmg to enemies close to me and some defense added in. Black hole is fun too though.

Can't really say much about the gear. Spend shards on sources at Kadala until you get a mirrorball :p You'll love it.

V_Arnold

Early game its quite handy to have, however once you level up and get decent enough paragon points i find it a worthless stat to have on items. You can get what you need in regards to health regen with the points instead, i use the paragon points for HP regen and use the item stat locations that would have been for LoH for more damage/resist/armour instead.

Maybe me being with a Wizard main messes up my perception, but with that, T3 is playable due to the amount of LOH I have (coupled with 7+ mill toughness, hah. 1200+ all res, ~72-73% armor, 450k+ hp, and 13-14k LOH or more, and you get back all your health insanely fast. My triple teleports (wormhole unique+aoe damage-stun rune) heal up 300k life within a second. It is absolutely and endgame stat to have, for me.

What would you all suggest I put my Paragon points into as a Wizard? I have been doing Intellect, Crit Chance, Resists, and Area Damage.

For me, it is LOH/LPS/IAS/Movement.

scy

I'm still a little confused since Entsteig Plate is still only used for the Aughild set and not for anything else.

Not worthwile when you do not have enough, but it turns from "I do not see its effects" into "oh dear god, I am on full health while clearing groups and getting hit" PRETTY fast. I want it on every item, and as a Wizard, I actually prefer it to IAS on rings as well.

From a Crusader perspective, it's essentially a useless stat to me. My Wizard sees greater survivability with LpS over Life on Hit as well since the proc coefficients in general aren't the greatest.

That is the exact same passive setup I used for my disintegrate build. I used slow time - timewarp instead of black hole. More dmg to enemies close to me and some defense added in. Black hole is fun too though.

Can't really say much about the gear. Spend shards on sources at Kadala until you get a mirrorball :p You'll love it.

Yea I think you were the one that recommended some of this to me. I'll give slow time a shot.

Good call on the mirrorball. I was debating what to go for, that sounds good. I have some other leg sources, but they aren't good rolls. The teleport cooldown resetting one is fun, though.

I might keep rolling my chest to see if I can get reduced damage from elites, but it's getting expensive now.

V_Arnold

From a Crusader perspective, it's essentially a useless stat to me. My Wizard sees greater survivability with LpS over Life on Hit as well since the proc coefficients in general aren't the greatest.

It depends on the build then. Teleport has a 100% LOH coef per target. Electrocute (the melee variant) is not too bad on it (around 8-10% per target). Arcane Mines have a higher coef as well. 20-30k heals per bombs going off.

Cipherr

The servers are down right? (In the US?) Can't connect, but when I checked the server status forum, it doesn't say anything about today.

Cipherr

Dat hyperbole.

If you kill stuff fast, might as well have Life On Kill, since it doesn't take up a primary affix slot.

Anything that Im killing fast enough for LoK to be relevant is unlikely to damage me enough for me to need healing. Its in those rough champ packs where you get 2 at once in a rift or something that sustain shows it value. Whether it be LPS or LOH, or a combo of both, they have their worth in high Torment where things don't just fall over dead in 12 seconds.

They have added stuff like Thunderstorm that you cannot really 'dodge' or 'outplay'. You eat that first tick of damage regardless. Same with the frozen AoE before the explosion/freeze, and Jailer.

I love that after getting this
my Templar follower already has better sheet damage and toughness than my DH that has 120+ hours on it. Drops have been way kinder to my Crusader than my DH. The leg sheild with 50% cooldown to Heaven's Fury dropped last night and has been amazing. A bit more cooldown on Paragon and armor and I should be able to have three beams out almost constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom