• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is D3 a fun game now? I bought it at launch, played for a month or two and then sold my account. I hit the difficulty wall at Inferno and otherwise the game was just a (sometimes interesting) economic/ebay simulator.

eek5

YES! Got my STR Hellfire Ring for the Crusader tonight. 7 Machines to get all the parts.

So I have a Hellfire Ring, Leorics Signet, and a full set of Cane's Fate ready to go.

7 machines split with people so ~21 runs of all 3 bosses or just 7 portals?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, my Monk is working his way up through the mid 20s paragon in Torment I and it's going okay. Does anyone have any advice for any gear runs? I'm around 55k DPS atm. Not having too much luck in terms of drops yet post 60.. =x

joesmokey

So is D3 a fun game now? I bought it at launch, played for a month or two and then sold my account. I hit the difficulty wall at Inferno and otherwise the game was just a (sometimes interesting) economic/ebay simulator.
It's hard to give a fair opinion until RoS hits and balances out.

Loot 2.0 has definitely made it a fun experience but there are still lots of itemization issues abound. You get frequent legendary drops now, which are always exciting to ID until you realize the item is worse than your yellow. A lot of gear generally tends to be side grades for different build types (+dmg to x skill) without being true upgrades.

Skill changes for Wizard make you actually feel like a wizard again. No need to kite endlessly with Blizzard and Hydra combo. This alone makes killing elites a lot more enjoyable.

Still the same boring acts though which hopefully Adventure Mode in the expansion will rectify.

Getting a constant stream of legendaries, even with the majority being salvaged, is enough though to make the game fun for me.

Skunkers

Loot 2.0 has definitely made it a fun experience but there are still lots of itemization issues abound. You get frequent legendary drops now, which are always exciting to ID until you realize the item is worse than your yellow. A lot of gear generally tends to be side grades for different build types (+dmg to x skill) without being true upgrades.

Ehhhh, sounds like you've just been unlucky. RNG gonna RNG. Getting Legendaries worse than Rares was a much, much bigger problem before the patch than it is now. In my case, on pretty much all of my characters; pretty much all Legendaries I got were an upgrade, if not in sheet stats than in adding +% damage to a skill that would outdo the sheet DPS downgrade and/or add a cool new bonus to make a build around. Eventually, when you've been farming/grinding on a max level character for a good long time, you'll start running out of possible upgrades; but that's the nature of end game loot, and Blizzard can't really be blamed for that.

I caved and pre-purchase it even though I wanted to wait for the ps4 version. Will probably double dip lol. I hated d3 so much pre-patch. But loot 2.0 is amazing!!

Bombless

The DH is still pretty much broken, but no longer because of getting killed in 1.3 seconds flat. Grenades suck, rockets suck, traps have been reworked to act more like traps (which makes them suck), Strafe still sucks, sentry is still on a cooldown thus sucks and don't get me started on the "melee DH".

In short, the DH is no longer made of glass but seems to have lost his/her cannon in the process. For all your WTFPEWPEW needs, see the wizard.

Oh wait, no. If you happen to find the Kridershot bow, congratulations! You can now play the entire game by clicking the left mouse button. Kind of like Frostorb wizards, actually.

Wallach

I wouldn't equip a Kridershot if I found one. The actual game-changing item in the context of DH right now is Cindercoat, and really, every build that doesn't start on a foundation around that item is in a hole too big to dig out of in terms of opportunity cost.

KarmaCow

I don't get how the discrepancy for affixes on items in game vs the stats on the website work. I thought the site showed you the minimum stats since the site lists the lowest drop level but I had the Crystal Fist drop with the 4-7% damage affix instead of the listed 26-30% damage affix.

Vodh

It's really, really simple maths, but someone might find it useful so I made it all jpegy and uploaded it to Imgur. And it's the same for +skill damage. If you want more precision, multiply the 0.X on the left by how much % of your total damage you believe comes from that particular skill/element.

bqeEog7.jpg

Ashodin

no wings here :sadface:

no wings either :(

I wouldn't equip a Kridershot if I found one. The actual game-changing item in the context of DH right now is Cindercoat, and really, every build that doesn't start on a foundation around that item is in a hole too big to dig out of in terms of opportunity cost.

This is the legit truth. Cindercoat right now for my spec would be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING

Boogdud

Ehhhh, sounds like you've just been unlucky. RNG gonna RNG. Getting Legendaries worse than Rares was a much, much bigger problem before the patch than it is now. In my case, on pretty much all of my characters; pretty much all Legendaries I got were an upgrade, if not in sheet stats than in adding +% damage to a skill that would outdo the sheet DPS downgrade and/or add a cool new bonus to make a build around. Eventually, when you've been farming/grinding on a max level character for a good long time, you'll start running out of possible upgrades; but that's the nature of end game loot, and Blizzard can't really be blamed for that.

I've had extremely bad luck in 2.0. I've probably gotten 30-40 legendaries on my barb and I've been able to use I think 2 or 3, and they weren't even upgrades. They were sidegrades at best. Most weren't even for my class (int and non-class items). Of the 30, probably 15 or 20 were rings, of which were split between two unique equipped models, which I already had. It's been very disappointing. Leveling up it's great, you get lots of neat legendaries. But at cap I got dick all through probably 50 paragon levels on one char.

So it's much better, but it's far from perfect. I guess it's just the nature of the rng, but I'm really sick of getting completely wrong stat legendaries.

Wallach

It's really, really simple maths, but someone might find it useful so I made it all jpegy and uploaded it to Imgur. And it's the same for +skill damage. If you want more precision, multiply the 0.X on the left by how much % of your total damage you believe comes from that particular skill/element.

http://i.imgur.com/bqeEog7.jpg

I haven't sat down and fully tested elemental damage stacking. I wonder if it stacks multiplicatively like bonus damage vs elites. Would rather they had just added the sum of these to the sheet so I wouldn't have to piss around with it.

ZenaxPure

Getting Legendaries worse than Rares was a much, much bigger problem before the patch than it is now.

Fuck man, even that is an understatement (you need about 20 more bolded "much.") When 2.0 hit I had around 195 brimstones sitting in my stash that I had gotten over the course of the game up until that point (not including the ones I just vendored when crafting still sucked OR the ones I used in necklace crafting when they made that good). That was 195 legendary items that were all significantly worse then yellow items. I never found a single legendary item that was better then what I had equipped and only found a few worth putting on the AH. It was not uncommon for me to spend an entire afternoon doing the fields of misery, getting an entire inventory full of legendary items, and 100% of them being absolute garbage.

So yeah, the current game is no where near as bad as that shit. Even the state of things like 2h legs.

Ashodin

I've had extremely bad luck in 2.0. I've probably gotten 30-40 legendaries on my barb and I've been able to use I think 2 or 3, and they weren't even upgrades. They were sidegrades at best. Most weren't even for my class (int and non-class items). Of the 30, probably 15 or 20 were rings, of which were split between two unique equipped models, which I already had. It's been very disappointing. Leveling up it's great, you get lots of neat legendaries. But at cap I go dick all through probably 50 paragon levels on one char.

So it's much better, but it's far from perfect. I guess it's just the nature of the rng, but I'm really sick of getting completely wrong stat legendaries.

This is solved in RoS. Mystic rerolling an item.

You can only reroll one stat of the item. But you can keep rerolling it. Just need to grab the correct materials and pay some sum of gold for it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yondy604

Banned
Want wings?

1.Sign out of battle.net app completely.
2.Sign back in
3.load D3 up
4.make a new character
5.log into new character, wait a moment, mail icon will show up in bottom left hand corner of screen
6.open mail icon
7.accept "Wings of Valor"

neoism

Want wings?
1.Sign out of battle.net app completely.
2.Sign back in
3.load D3 up
4.make a new character
5.log into new character, wait a moment, mail icon will show up in bottom left hand corner of screen
6.open mail icon
7.accept "Wings of Valor"
dont think you have to make a new character I was on my monk

So I went to preorder RoS and it kept getting errors so I kept trying and now I was charged for 7 copies. Kind of messed up there wasn't even a paypal confirmation screen. I made a support ticket and it seems to be happening to a lot of people so hopefully they get this sorted out quickly.

Dizzy-4U

So, my Monk is working his way up through the mid 20s paragon in Torment I and it's going okay. Does anyone have any advice for any gear runs? I'm around 55k DPS atm. Not having too much luck in terms of drops yet post 60.. =x
I went from paragon 0 to 65 in 4/5 days doing the Wretched Mothers quests over and over again....

So far I'm at 112k DPS and I've got 30 legendaries so basically I went from poor pleb monk to an ok one pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViMETtWZN8#aid=P9lGpZq3ar4

shmoglish

Hope im going to find a better weapon in RoS.

w9x2m32p.jpg

Wearing this thing for the last 50 Paragon Levels (Monk- now level 66). Need some nice fists for my Monk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom