• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me upgrade my Wizards gear?
I'm at a point where I don't know what I should buy at Kadala.
The Rifts haven't upgraded my gear either the past few days :(

What should I buy at Kadala's?

This is my profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Negaiido-2364/hero/35732941

You gloves could easily be upgraded. Try and find a pair that has crit dmg or crit chance by default so you can have both after a reroll.

Your amulet could also easily be upgraded, but maybe not at Kadala (amulets cost a lot of shards).

A really strong defensive stat on your shoulders in place of life regen would probably be much better. It might be better to try and craft some gloves\shoulders that go in the same set for the bonuses.

Also, why Thundergod's vigor? Lighting dmg seems wasted. I got a great string of ears from kadala. Was going for a witching hour, but that's pretty much impossible.

In general, in every slot where you can have both crit dmg and crit chance, you don't. That would add a ton to your dmg.

My wizard has since been stripped down, but it's cached on DiabloProgress. You can take a look at how I built that guy. Torment 3 was easy.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jim2point0-1220/Kaz/42736491

Dahbomb

Well, for Barbs I think almost every of the highest dmg rune options are Fire, for example. Other runes/elements have uses, but tend to be more gimmicky than the straight dmg buffs. I do agree that itemization is the bigger cause of pushing people to fire though.
I think that's just the difference in element. Fire is usually highest damage for all classes but has no utility. Lightning usually stuns, Cold slows etc.

If there was just ONE more Lightning type armor piece like Thundergods Vigor (and reduced cost of Lightning spells) I would be using a Lightning Monk. Mostly because it has stun on LTK and the stun comboes with Ancient Parthan Defenders and Haunt of Vaxo. You don't get that synergy with a Fire build and that is enough to push Lightning ahead for me especially in high Torments.

Lightning Monk is still probably better in full end game but you need the right items and it's harder to get him to that level than a Fire Monk (which is easy damage quickly).

Realyn

Hey I have a question if you don't mind. My stats on my DH are pretty close to yours save for +elite damage and damage from skills but the biggest thing is your attacks per second are so low. Just wondering how you're down to 1.36 and I'm at 2.06 while using 2 hand xbows with a ton of added attack speed?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Realyn-2451/hero/41270256 should be up to date

Sun Keeper simply has a 1.20 base attack speed. Which is completly fine with me. Ofcourse having a higher APS feels more "fluid", but also needs more ressources per cast.

However for T1 I switch to a blank 2,3k dps 1.6 something attack speed weapon. Not like I need the elite damage there.

I think that's just the difference in element. Fire is usually highest damage for all classes but has no utility. Lightning usually stuns, Cold slows etc.

If there was just ONE more Lightning type armor piece like Thundergods Vigor (and reduced cost of Lightning spells) I would be using a Lightning Monk. Mostly because it has stun on LTK and the stun comboes with Ancient Parthan Defenders and Haunt of Vaxo. You don't get that synergy with a Fire build and that is enough to push Lightning ahead for me especially in high Torments.

I have fire on my monk,wiz, and dh and ya high dmg for sure. Working on a lightning barb which is pretty fun/useful for stunning so far. It's great going against an elite and watching them be stunned for the majority of the fight.

larvi

I finally got a ring of royal grandeur to drop while farming with my DH, wouldn't you know it rolled int though instead of dex. So after countless hours running the DH and finding only 1 marauders and 1 nats piece I said screw it and I switched over to my WD.

I crafted some aughild and asheara pieces to get me started with the rorg and within a couple of hours I already had a starmetal knife drop and kadala gave me a thing of the deep mojo and some nice gladiator gaunts.

In game I'm at about 750k damage and 9.6m toughness and looking for advice on build and what gear I should look for next. I have very little play time with a WD. Here's my WD profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larvi-1905/hero/22452345

eek5

I finally got a ring of royal grandeur to drop while farming with my DH, wouldn't you know it rolled int though instead of dex. So after countless hours running the DH and finding only 1 marauders and 1 nats piece I said screw it and I switched over to my WD.

I crafted some aughild and asheara pieces to get me started with the rrog and within a couple of hours I already had a starmetal knife drop and kadala gave me a thing of the deep mojo and some nice gladiator gaunts.

In game I'm at about 750k damage and 9.6m toughness and looking for advice on build and what gear I should look for next. I have very little play time with a WD. Here's my WD profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larvi-1905/hero/22452345

Switch your main attack to firebats / vampire bats (free channeling). They spawn fetishes the fastest. Roll vit on your knife into a socket and socket in the largest emerald you can. Stack +phys if you can.

Try to get to 2.01 attacks per second. This might be hard because your knife is 1.4 but dump into paragon points. You might have to craft born's set maybe. This is the breakpoint for vampire bats to spawn a shitload of fetishes.

Instead of firebomb run fetish army w/ +3 fetishes. This is a good skill until you break 2.01 so you always have on-demand fetishes. Pop BBV+fetishes should clear everything then set you up for the next pack with your knife. This should instaclear your CD on bbv and FA too so...

Change zombie dogs for garg. You might want one of the ones that stays up all the time.

I would change grave injustice for either circle of life (this spawns your dogs now) or midnight feast (better garg dmg)

Negaiido

You gloves could easily be upgraded. Try and find a pair that has crit dmg or crit chance by default so you can have both after a reroll.

Your amulet could also easily be upgraded, but maybe not at Kadala (amulets cost a lot of shards).

A really strong defensive stat on your shoulders in place of life regen would probably be much better. It might be better to try and craft some gloves\shoulders that go in the same set for the bonuses.

Also, why Thundergod's vigor? Lighting dmg seems wasted. I got a great string of ears from kadala. Was going for a witching hour, but that's pretty much impossible.

In general, in every slot where you can have both crit dmg and crit chance, you don't. That would add a ton to your dmg.

My wizard has since been stripped down, but it's cached on DiabloProgress. You can take a look at how I built that guy. Torment 3 was easy.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jim2point0-1220/Kaz/42736491

All my gear is because I can't get anything else :(

I will try to aim for crit dmg and crit chance and thanks for the advice on where to start =)

I would change grave injustice for either circle of life (this spawns your dogs now) or midnight feast (better garg dmg)

Grave Injustice is one of the best passives in the game. Why would any WD run without it unless they don't have a single ability with a cooldown?

Realyn

All my gear is because I can't get anything else :(

I will try to aim for crit dmg and crit chance and thanks for the advice on where to start =)

Imho your passivses are very bad. Elemental Exposure gets you 5% damage since all your attacks are arcane and so is your weapon damage. Also, what's the idea behind Audacty and Temporal Flux? You slow enemies and stop them from getting into the 15 yard( which is very small anyway) range.

Get stuff like Dominance, Unwavering Will, Astral Presence or Blur to boost your defensive and offensive capabilities.

larvi

Switch your main attack to firebats / vampire bats (free channeling). They spawn fetishes the fastest. Roll vit on your knife into a socket and socket in the largest emerald you can. Stack +phys if you can.

Try to get to 2.01 attacks per second. This might be hard because your knife is 1.4 but dump into paragon points. You might have to craft born's set maybe. This is the breakpoint for vampire bats to spawn a shitload of fetishes.

Instead of firebomb run fetish army w/ +3 fetishes. This is a good skill until you break 2.01 so you always have on-demand fetishes. Pop BBV+fetishes should clear everything then set you up for the next pack with your knife. This should instaclear your CD on bbv and FA too so...

Change zombie dogs for garg. You might want one of the ones that stays up all the time.

Thanks for the advice, burned up all of my souls crafting the initial gear but will work on the socket as I get more. I've had bad luck trying to roll sockets on weapons though.

I've also tried running with firebats as my left click skill but have mana issues, especially when running in areas where you have to clear breakable objects in your path to proceed, or with monsters that disrupt your channeling with knockback other affixes. Do I need more mana regen gear or is it just something you get used to having downtime where you can't attack?

I'm currently at 1.93 aps with AS maxed in paragon. I tried a dex ammy I have with 6AS and it took me to 2.03 so it looks like I just need to get an ammy with AS on it to get there with my current gear.

eek5

Thanks for the advice, burned up all of my souls crafting the initial gear but will work on the socket as I get more. I've had bad luck trying to roll sockets on weapons though.

I've also tried running with firebats as my left click skill but have mana issues, especially when running in areas where you have to clear breakable objects in your path to proceed, or with monsters that disrupt your channeling with knockback other affixes. Do I need more mana regen gear or is it just something you get used to having downtime where you can't attack?

I'm currently at 1.93 aps with AS maxed in paragon. I tried a dex ammy I have with 6AS and it took me to 2.03 so it looks like I just need to get an ammy with AS on it to get there with my current gear.

Cain's 2 piece would get you there too. I would aim for a 10/100/20% phys amulet over an attack speed one.

You don't really have to run firebats w/ that knife but it's probably the strongest skill you can have if you use PtV. Switch one of your skills to spirit walk w/ mana rune. This should be your defensive skill + mobility + if you run out of mana pop it and you can keep channeling.

You don't need mana regen with this build. Usually for shit that knocks back I switch to a reapers wrap bracer so I can regen mana or I just time my spirit walks to get mana back / avoid getting knocked back.

Dahbomb

I love how one of the 4 set bonus monk bonus is 15% lightning damage. I can get more on a non set belt, helm, bracers and ring.
Andariels and Thundergods alone are more powerful than the entire set.

You can have them all though so it's not like you have to make a choice among them. It's still extremely disappointing.

Jubs

I love how one of the 4 set bonus monk bonus is 15% lightning damage. I can get more on a non set belt, helm, bracers and ring.

The monk set is straight garbage. Set pieces are rare as hell, and the only thing we get for a 4 piece bonus is a paltry 15% lightning boost?

lol aren't you thankful? Monk's sets are a Joke, My Andariel's visage craps all over that set.

All Monk sets are unimaginative and lacking, including Monk weapon set, Shenlonglong set was supposed to be the ultimate weapon sets for Monks but nope.

larvi

Cain's 2 piece would get you there too. I would aim for a 10/100/20% phys amulet over an attack speed one.

You don't really have to run firebats w/ that knife but it's probably the strongest skill you can have if you use PtV. Switch one of your skills to spirit walk w/ mana rune. This should be your defensive skill + mobility + if you run out of mana pop it and you can keep channeling.

You don't need mana regen with this build. Usually for shit that knocks back I switch to a reapers wrap bracer so I can regen mana or I just time my spirit walks to get mana back / avoid getting knocked back.

Yeah, reapers wrap would be a great choice with the pick up radius on the mojo, will work on getting the mats for that. I haven't found the cains plan yet but I do have a legacy tal chest with 9AS on it or I can work on kadala to drop me a mempo. I do have a dex mempo that I could reroll the dex to int but it doesn't have crit.

eek5

Yeah, reapers wrap would be a great choice with the pick up radius on the mojo, will work on getting the mats for that. I haven't found the cains plan yet but I do have a legacy tal chest with 9AS on it or I can work on kadala to drop me a mempo. I do have a dex mempo that I could reroll the dex to int but it doesn't have crit.

I'd definitely gamble helms form Kadala but more for a Mask of Jeram than a mempo. If you can't hit 2.01 it's not a huge deal because you have starmetal and can just rely on fetish army non stop. I'd even consider dropping fetish syco for another passive if you can keep FA uptime good w/ just the knife CD since spanwing FA kills your passive fetishes anyway.

Jubs

Eye of the Storm alone can give you 30% lightning. I hope blizzard is taking a long, hard look at the monk sets. They need a boost in the worst way possible.

eek5

I'd rather wear blackthornes than a monk set hah. Better set bonuses, better chances of getting the right res since you'll get multiple drops in each slot for the entire set before you get 2 monk set drops. LOL

lilltias

What element changes would you guys like to see in the next patch? The blue posts have been saying that skills will be getting their elemental runes switched around some so I wonder what people would want to have.

As I have most experience with a Monk I will give my thoughts on this:

Wall of Light: Wall of Light needs Fire, Lightning and Cold runes badly. Although more than anything it needs a flat damage increase as well because it's pretty damn low compared to LTK in terms of cost efficiency.

Explosive Light: Fire (standard high damage nuke as is standard for Fire skills)
Empowered Wave: Cold (reduced cost)
Blinding Light Lightning (it causes stun just like most other Lightning skills that stun)

Lashing Tail Kick: Just needs a Holy variant in there. It would probably end up being Vulture Claw Kick.

Seven Sided Strike: Needs Fire, Lightning and Cold variants.

Sudden Assault: Fire
Sustained Attack: Cold
Pandemonium: Lightning (as it stuns)

Tempest Rush: Just needs a Lightning variant. It would probably be either Tailwind or Slipstream.

Mystic Ally: Needs Lightning and Holy damage variant. Air and Enduring Ally can be those two.

Sweeping Wind: Inner Storm rune needs to do Holy damage.

Epiphany: Needs a Holy damage variant.

Way of Hundred Fists: Need Lightning and Fire damage variants.

Hands of Lightning: Lightning damage (such a no brainer it's IN THE GOD DAMN NAME!!!)
Blazing Fists: Fire damage (such a no brainer)

Deadly Reach: Need Fire, Holy and Cold damage variants.

Piercing Trident: Cold damage
Strike from Beyond: Holy damage
Foresight: Fire damage

Crippling Wave: Needs a Holy damage variant (doesn't need Lightning because Monk has many options for that). Either Rising Tide or Concussion.

Fist of Thunder need to just be buffed because they are pretty underpowered right now.

I agree with most of the elemental rune switching but I'm not sure all of it is gonna happen. I get a feeling that Bliz don't want us to go all out one element, but at least mix two, with either Fire or Lighting being main elemental stat. Hope I am wrong.

And yes. Lag is fucking horrible in eu. Lagged out just as I was about to collect a rift reward. Bullshit :(

Fularu

Banned
I'd rather wear blackthornes than a monk set hah. Better set bonuses, better chances of getting the right res since you'll get multiple drops in each slot for the entire set before you get 2 monk set drops. LOL
I've yet to see BT pants :( (I need them to use my Cindercoat).

th3dude

I wish there was a way to even slightly increase your chances for some items. I'm really jonesing to try a blessed shield spam build on my Crusader, but I feel like I'll never find the right flail or shield to do so. Especially with how bad Kadala is with 1H.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just got the same fucking ring 3 times in a row now and people wanna tell me the loot system is fine.

I wish there was a way to even slightly increase your chances for some items. I'm really jonesing to try a blessed shield spam build on my Crusader, but I feel like I'll never find the right flail or shield to do so. Especially with how bad Kadala is with 1H.

Unfortunately, their solution to that IS Kadala. But they know how bad weapons are and were taking feedback on the best way to fix it. No idea how far out that is though.

I think the happiest Diablo 3 players are the ones that arent looking for specific items. Sadly, I'm not one of them. I have a long list of stuff I want and have yet to see drop so far. One of my friends that I play with, however, is completely happy just playing and getting random legendary drops. If he finds an upgrade, he's happy. But he's not looking for anything in particular. Madness, I say.

I got a pretty good Blade of Prophecy on my crusader last night, played around with some builds. Anyone have a link to a good BoP build? I probably wont change from my holy shotgun build with my Fate of the Fell, but im always up for trying something new.

th3dude

Unfortunately, their solution to that IS Kadala. But they know how bad weapons are and were taking feedback on the best way to fix it. No idea how far out that is though.

I think the happiest Diablo 3 players are the ones that arent looking for specific items. Sadly, I'm not one of them. I have a long list of stuff I want and have yet to see drop so far. One of my friends that I play with, however, is completely happy just playing and getting random legendary drops. If he finds an upgrade, he's happy. But he's not looking for anything in particular. Madness, I say.

Yea, I suppose in general, Kadala is a good solution to this. I've already received 2 legendary Crusader Shields from her, just not the one I want, so I guess I can't complain there.

The weapon situation is much different, and to Blizz's credit, they are willing to listen on the subject. If Kadala would only drop equippable 1h's, I'd feel much better about my chances.

scy

Moments like this are why I don't like soloing:

sxuF3c7.jpg

Welp, back to groups so this doesn't happen again.

...game

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I just got a fate of the fell

Shame it will never replace my schaefers hammer :/

The damage output of the hammer proc is upwards of 3 million per tick to everyone around me... essentially comparable in damage output of heavens fury (216% weap damage per second for schaefer to basically everyone around me to 240% for split fury for 3 to 5 beams for 6 seconds)

Kinda sad how weak crusader skills really are...

scy

Then use Fires of Heaven and go for a full Holy build? Schaefer's is a fairly mediocre weapon all things considered.

Edit: Or, hell, Ascendancy or Blessed Ground if you want to keep it as a cooldown rune. Though, really, FoH shotgunning with it is still the ideal use of the weapon.

Well, I probably shouldn't say "mediocre" but more of "not the best." Most the super weapons, for lack of better terminology, will out perform it.

cdyhybrid

How viable are Fire builds compared to Lightning builds for Crusaders?

I guess what I'm really asking is should I give my Maximus to my Crusader or my Barb?

Here here. I need some sort of goal, personal or explicit. I just hit paragon 200 and not 1 Wiz class set piece has dropped for me. Kadala cannot help me here either.

How viable are Fire builds compared to Lightning builds for Crusaders?

I guess what I'm really asking is should I give my Maximus to my Crusader or my Barb?

Just based on this guy's profile, I'd say... pretty viable.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/astranox-1588/hero/44753021

Here here. I need some sort of goal, personal or explicit. I just hit paragon 200 and not 1 Wiz class set piece has dropped for me. Kadala cannot help me here either.

I hear ya. I stopped playing Wiz because I hit a 9-day straight gear wall. Very few "build-defining\game-changing" items and no class set pieces either. That got old. So I switched to Demon Hunter. I've had a lot more luck. But we'll see how long that lasts...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sweeeet, this just dropped. About to try it out.

ehh, not working too well on T3, mobs dying too fast.

The main benefit of taht weapon is the permanent big bad voodoo. The fetish army skill itself is lackluster, since it's kills all your passive summoned fetishes every time you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom